Touch assist worked on Marlon Brando (Interesting story!)

Barbara Schwarz

Dec 1, 2008, 4:35:04 PM12/1/08
Josh Brolin was interviewed last week on the Tonight Show.

He told how he met Marlon Brando. He said, his dad and his wife, John
Travolta and his wife and he were having dinner and were waiting for
Marlon Brando to join them. Then he came but had an accident was in a
miserable condition and his leg covered in blood.

John Travolta said that he could help him and apparently gave Marlon
Brando a touch assist.

(Josh Brolin thought that John Travolta had finished a level and from
there got powers to do so but any Scientologist knows that he gave
Marlon Brando a touch assist which does not need "powers" but is a
Scientology technique to relief pain and help with healing. This
technique can be applied by anybody, also a beginner or even a non-
Scientologist as long as he follows the exact steps.)

The funny thing is that Marlon Brando closed his eyes, afraid of what
could happen. Thunder or lightening or whatever! Lol.

Josh Brolin said it worked, Marlon Brando got up and his leg was fine
again.

Get your touch assists, people and get better. Don't be wimps. You may
even close your eyes as Marlon. RLOF!

Barbara Schwarz

Lafayette at The Beacon

Dec 2, 2008, 5:13:44 AM12/2/08
On 1 Dec, 21:35, Barbara Schwarz <BarbaraSchwarz2...@excite.com>
wrote:

n*anecdote != proof

It's about time Co$ paid for clinical trials if it's going to insist
on promoting its woo.

--

Your humble servant,

Lafayette.

Eldon

Dec 2, 2008, 7:44:50 AM12/2/08
On Dec 2, 11:13 am, Lafayette at The Beacon

Here's a link.
www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/clips/josh-brolin-does-brando112508/852742/

> Your humble servant,
>
> Lafayette.

Skipper

Dec 2, 2008, 11:53:00 AM12/2/08
In article
<01b845df-0edc-4c76...@w3g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
Eldon <Eldo...@aol.com> wrote:

Anything can happen at a table full of crazy people.

Barbara Schwarz

Dec 2, 2008, 6:59:52 PM12/2/08
On Dec 2, 4:13 am, Lafayette at The Beacon
<notechpleasewerebrit...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 1 Dec, 21:35,BarbaraSchwarz<BarbaraSchwarz2...@excite.com>

Josh Brolin told the story on national TV. I don't think that he made
it up. Also, I think giving Marlon Brando a touch assist was the
decision of John Travolta and not anybody of the management. Only
Scientologists John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston were there.
The others were no Scientologists,

Next time you hit your soft little head on an Anonymous mask, ask a
Scientologist to give you a touch assist. It relieves pain and
promotes healing.
Marlon Brando was sure lucky that no doctor was there who eagerly
would have tried to ampute his leg or a psych who would have "treated"
him with an electro-shocker handy.

Barbara Schwarz

> --
>
> Your humble servant,
>
> Lafayette.- Hide quoted text -

Barbara Schwarz

Dec 2, 2008, 7:09:52 PM12/2/08
On Dec 2, 10:53 am, Skipper <skipSPAMpr...@yahoo.not> wrote:
> In article
> <01b845df-0edc-4c76-b7e5-ac2580f5d...@w3g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,

> Eldon <EldonB...@aol.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 2, 11:13 am, Lafayette at The Beacon
> > <notechpleasewerebrit...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > > On 1 Dec, 21:35,BarbaraSchwarz<BarbaraSchwarz2...@excite.com>
> >www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/clips/josh-brolin-do...

> > > Your humble servant,
>
> > > Lafayette.
>
> Anything can happen at a table full of crazy people.

You are a jealous person, Shirley. They are artists. Artists who are
stiff and predictable are boring and no good artists.

They are not like you.

Josh Brolin doesn't speak like a crazy person, like you, for example.
And he is also no Scientologist. He did not really understand what
John Travolta did. He just noticed that there was a huge difference
between Marlon Brando before he got the touch assist and afterwards...

He apparently is not hate-filled as you guys and is secure enough to
admit what he saw.

Barbara Schwarz

Eldon

Dec 2, 2008, 7:19:17 PM12/2/08
On Dec 3, 1:09 am, Barbara Schwarz <BarbaraSchwarz2...@excite.com>
wrote:

Skip, you haven't gone transvestite on us have you? I thought not. I
guess Barbara just hallucinated that, and gawd would you ever make an
ugly girl. So just forget that concept for the good of humanity, OK?
We really wouldn't want to see it.

ROFL!

Barbara Schwarz

Dec 2, 2008, 7:37:17 PM12/2/08

Alright, I admit I called Skip Press accidently, Shirley. Get over it.

What a weird name is than anyway, Skip Press?

Barbara Schwarz

> > They are not like you.
>
> > Josh Brolin doesn't speak like a crazy person, like you, for example.
> > And he is also no Scientologist. He did not really understand what
> > John Travolta did. He just noticed that there was a huge difference
> > between Marlon Brando before he got the touch assist and afterwards...
>
> > He apparently is not hate-filled as you guys and is secure enough to
> > admit what he saw.
>
> > Barbara Schwarz

Skipper

Dec 2, 2008, 8:49:15 PM12/2/08
In article
<bba0cf9f-e66a-47ee...@f3g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>,
Eldon <Eldo...@aol.com> wrote:

Eldon's on the dope again. He partakes to forget his name sounds much
like "El Ron" - must be in his "valance."

Lafayette at The Beacon

Dec 3, 2008, 5:55:33 AM12/3/08
On 2 Dec, 23:59, Barbara Schwarz <BarbaraSchwarz2...@excite.com>
wrote:

I understand the point you're making, that this wasn't a bit of
promotion for the Church. However I refute your inference that it is
an unpromoted behaviour thus:

http://www.scientologyhandbook.org/SH6_4.HTM

This is also one of the useless bits of tech that the Volunteer
Ministers distribute; time and money that would be much better spent
on things like medicine, food, or shelter.

What intrigues me about touch assist is the double bind, and the
withdrawal. The assist is supposed to last until positive indications
occur in the subject. In other words, you're stuck doing it until the
person says or demonstrates that they feel better, so both the sitter
and the administrator are pressured into demonstrating or noticing a
positive change. Double bind anyone? And once that good good feeling
has been experienced the administrator is supposed to withdraw the
effect. As the Good Reverend Jim Jesus notes - the first taste is for
free...

As I said before, if the touch assist works as advertised, then it
would stand up to clinical trials. Co$ has had money enough to
commission such trials, but has instead blown its dough on its million-
dollars-a-day OSA habit. Benefit mankind, my eye!

--

Your humble servant,

Lafayette

http://myurlisname.blogspot.com

Barbara Schwarz

Dec 4, 2008, 10:34:23 PM12/4/08
On Dec 3, 4:55 am, Lafayette at The Beacon
<notechpleasewerebrit...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 2 Dec, 23:59,BarbaraSchwarz<BarbaraSchwarz2...@excite.com>

Okay, we established that the management of C of S was not at this
dinner, only two private Scientologists.

Otherwise, you don't get my point at all.

You claim that the touch assist is "useless", despite Marlon Brando
arrived with an injured leg and was in a horrible condition and after
John Travolta's touch assist, he could stand up and walk as if he had
no accident. Josh Brolin (a non-Scientologist) called it "powers", I
call it L. Ron Hubbard's technology.

I doubt very much John Travolta charged and billed Marlon Brando for
this assist. (Lol. What a weird idea of yours.)
He just helped a friend. What is wrong with that? So, the C of S made
no money from this. But you still have a problem, apparently.

Okay, for arguments sake, let's say that the effect of the touch
assist would be just in people's head.

If it would be like this, it would be nevertheless miraculous help
because the person has no longer pain and has recovered, which is much
better than poisoning a person with drugs. If you are in pain, you
want to get rid of the pain. If it is just your head that is saying
that you have no pain anymore, bring it on. That is still a lot better
than drugs and surgery.

And finally, I don't think that John Travolta would not allow Marlon
Brando to get up and stop the touch assist if he would have wanted him
to stop.

Your arguments don't make sense.

It doesn't matter how you try to poison the well - L. Ron Hubbard's
technology works. By making it bad and by lying, you guys are just
cheating yourself.

Barbara Schwarz

> This is also one of the useless bits of tech that the Volunteer
> Ministers distribute; time and money that would be much better spent
> on things like medicine, food, or shelter.
>
> What intrigues me about touch assist is the double bind, and the
> withdrawal. The assist is supposed to last until positive indications
> occur in the subject. In other words, you're stuck doing it until the
> person says or demonstrates that they feel better, so both the sitter
> and the administrator are pressured into demonstrating or noticing a
> positive change. Double bind anyone? And once that good good feeling
> has been experienced the administrator is supposed to withdraw the
> effect. As the Good Reverend Jim Jesus notes - the first taste is for
> free...
>
> As I said before, if the touch assist works as advertised, then it
> would stand up to clinical trials. Co$ has had money enough to
> commission such trials, but has instead blown its dough on its million-
> dollars-a-day OSA habit. Benefit mankind, my eye!
>
> --
>
> Your humble servant,
>
> Lafayette
>

> http://myurlisname.blogspot.com- Hide quoted text -

Lafayette at The Beacon

Dec 5, 2008, 3:13:29 PM12/5/08
On 5 Dec, 03:34, Barbara Schwarz <BarbaraSchwarz2...@excite.com>
wrote:

> [...]

This would suggest that the accident was minor and recent.

This primarily involves sitting down and resting.

We don't quite know how "fine" his leg was, or, for that matter, how
bad his leg was to begin with. We also don't know what would have
happened had Brando done nothing. That is why anecdotal evidence such
as this is pretty much worthless, and that such treatments require the
robust proof of the clinical trial.

Peter Widmer

Dec 6, 2008, 2:14:41 AM12/6/08
Lafayette at The Beacon schrieb:

Der Schluss lautet: Brando ist der bessere Schauspieler als 'Terl'
Travolta :-))

--
Peter Widmer <pwi...@quicknet.ch>
3803 Beatenberg <http://www.pewid.ch>

Lafayette at The Beacon

Dec 6, 2008, 7:35:16 AM12/6/08
>>And finally, I don't think that John Travolta would not allow Marlon
Brando to get up and stop the touch assist if he would have wanted him
to stop.

You've misunderstood. The technique for the Touch Assist creates the
following situation:

If touch assists do not work:

i) Brando would have broken off the assist.
ii) Brando would have pretended it had worked, out of politeness.

Therefore, in the first instance, you could state that the reason the
assist didn't work was that it was not completed. The technique is to
be carried out until positive indications occur. If the assist is
stopped before positive indications occur, then the assist was not
completed as per instruction. It's a logical trap. The tech is
presented in such a way that it cannot be perceived as non-working,
and should it fail, that failure is left not at Hubbard's door, but
the door of the person practicing the tech.

klau...@t-online.de

Dec 6, 2008, 8:00:13 AM12/6/08

"Peter Widmer" <pwi...@quicknet.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Ist diese Betrachtung nicht etwas einseitig ? Marlon Brando hat es in keinem
seiner Filme geschafft, über fast die gesamt Länge des Spielfilmes hinweg
hysterisch zu kichern !!
Klaus

Barbara Schwarz

Dec 6, 2008, 1:48:31 PM12/6/08
On Dec 6, 7:00 am, <klausl...@t-online.de> wrote:
> "Peter Widmer" <pwid...@quicknet.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:ghd8pl$o3l$1...@atlas.ip-plus.net...

What idiots you are. This thread was not about how good actors are but
about that touch assists work.
Learn to read.

Barbara Schwarz

Barbara Schwarz

Dec 6, 2008, 1:55:10 PM12/6/08
On Dec 6, 6:35 am, Lafayette at The Beacon

<notechpleasewerebrit...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >>And finally, I don't think that John Travolta would not allow Marlon
>
> Brando to get up and stop the touch assist if he would have wanted him
> to stop.
>
> You've misunderstood. The technique for the Touch Assist creates the
> following situation:
>
> If touch assists do not work:
>
> i) Brando would have broken off the assist.

Okay, I assume they don't work if he would have broken off the assist,
unless he was at a point were he felt already better.

> ii) Brando would have pretended it had worked, out of politeness.

Marlon Brando was known accept things he does not want out of
politeness? Very funny because he was known for that he just did what
he wanted.

You arguments make no sense.

There is science behind the touch assist (no magic) and you don't
understand it.

However, there was magic within L. Ron Hubbard that he was able to
think so clear in a world full of idiots.

Barbara Schwarz

Lafayette at The Beacon

Dec 6, 2008, 6:39:33 PM12/6/08
On 6 Dec, 18:55, Barbara Schwarz <BarbaraSchwarz2...@excite.com>
wrote:

> You arguments make no sense.

> Barbara Schwarz

Barbara, my argument is simple. The touch assist technique is given in
such a way that failure is impossible. You get better over time,
regardless of what you do (especially with superficial cuts). If you
apply the touch assist and break off because you don't get better,
then you didn't complete the assist. If you do get better, you can't
say that it was because of the assist, because you don't know what
would have happened if you hadn't applied the assist. You may know
Brando better than me, I only knew him through journalists and film
critics, so you can imagine how accurate a picture that might be...