Betancourt rescue reminds me of Robin Scott caper in Denmark

cultxpt

Jul 3, 2008, 10:35:25 PM7/3/08
The way Ingrid Betancourt and others were rescued in Colombia reminds
me of the Robin Scott caper against Scientology.
Essentially, Colombia relied on the poor communications of FARC
(they were holding Betancourt) and flew into FARC camp with 2
helicopters. One of the Colombians was a FARC turncoat who claimed
that the Big Boss of FARC wanted the hostages right now, so load them
in the helicopters. Since the FARC rebels had very slow communication
with their leaders, they just assumed it was true and packed all the
hostages into the helicopters. And off the hostages flew to freedom,
since the helicopters were Colombian military.
Robin Scott relied on Scientology's poor communication to steal the
NOTs packs. Two of his accomplices dressed up as Sea Org officers, and
walked into the Copenhagen org in a huff. They demanded to know why
the Copenhagen org was so out-tech, and said it was probably their
NOTs packs that were squirrely. So the org boss nervously rounded up
all the NOTs packs and left the Sea Org guys in a room to check them
out. They stuck two packs in their attache cases and hoofed it out of
there.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/atack/bs7-4.htm

Another fun example of Scientology's failure at communication is
here...
http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien410.html

Quaoar

Jul 3, 2008, 11:23:22 PM7/3/08
cultxpt wrote:
> The way Ingrid Betancourt and others were rescued in Colombia reminds
> me of the Robin Scott caper against Scientology.
> Essentially, Colombia relied on the poor communications of FARC
> (they were holding Betancourt) and flew into FARC camp with 2
> helicopters. One of the Colombians was a FARC turncoat who claimed
> that the Big Boss of FARC wanted the hostages right now, so load them
> in the helicopters. Since the FARC rebels had very slow communication
> with their leaders, they just assumed it was true and packed all the
> hostages into the helicopters. And off the hostages flew to freedom,
> since the helicopters were Colombian military.
> Robin Scott relied on Scientology's poor communication to steal the
> NOTs packs. Two of his accomplices dressed up as Sea Org officers, and
> walked into the Copenhagen org in a huff. They demanded to know why
> the Copenhagen org was so out-tech, and said it was probably their
> NOTs packs that were squirrely. So the org boss nervously rounded up
> all the NOTs packs and left the Sea Org guys in a room to check them
> out. They stuck two packs in their attache cases andhoofed it out of

> there.
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/atack/bs7-4.htm
>
> Another fun example of Scientology's failure at communication is
> here...
> http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien410.html

US news is reporting that the rescuers of the FARC hostages were wearing
WalMart t-shirts with Che Guevara's image. The t-shirts were enough
for the rescuers to gain full admittance to the camp holding the hostages.