Anonymous & anti-CoS protests in Maxim magazine

outt...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2008, 6:59:32 AM7/15/08
In the August issue of Maxim there is a 5 page article on Anonymous
and the anti-CoS protests.

"A faceless, unstable virtual army masses to take on-and take down-the
world's most secretive and terrifying religion. An exclusive report
from the front-lines of a 21st-century battle."
http://forums.enturbulation.org/15-media/anonymous-august-maxim-magazine-22236/

Scans:
http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maxim1zn8.png
http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maxim2gu6.png
http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maxim3hp3.png
http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maxim4ez0.png
http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maxim5vh6.png

Tom Newton

Jul 15, 2008, 1:52:43 PM7/15/08
On 2008-07-15, in
<81c157b3-f08e-4385...@c58g2000hsc.googlegroups.co
m> outt...@gmail.com <outt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the August issue of Maxim there is a 5 page article on
> Anonymous and the anti-CoS protests.
>
> "A faceless, unstable virtual army masses to
> take on-and take down-the world's most secretive
> and terrifying religion. An exclusive report
> from the front-lines of a 21st-century battle."

ROTFL!!!

And where did they get that nonsense? From 'Anonymous'.

There are probably 50 members of 'Anonymous' worldwide
who wouldn't run for the hills with their tails between their
legs if the going got rough.

And I'm being generous.

The reason they are anonymous is so that they can't be held
responsible for anything they do, and if 'Anonymous' found itself
facing something like a massive civil lawsuit for hate speech and
malicious harassment and libel, the vast majority of these people
would drop the aliases they've been using to harass the Church of
Scientology with and quit posting on the 'Anonymous' forums and
claim they were never a part of 'Anonymous'.

Guaranteed. These are trolls, for the most part, and they are
the most cowardly people on the face of the planet. They literally
have no morals whatsoever and couldn't care less.

Although "virtual" army is certainly accurate: Almost every
'Anon' has numerous aliases, so there aren't even the
pathetically few numbers of them that there seems to be.

As for the Church of Scientology being the "world's most secretive
and terrifying religion"?

Typical melodramatic crap from 'Anonymous'.

What's "secretive" about a religion with millions of pages of
published materials in print and on the web and buildings that
are in the phonebook and have big signs on them and that anyone
in the world can just walk into?

"Terrifying"? 'Anonymous' has been viciously attacking them
for years now, and not one of them has been seriously harmed
by the Church of Scientology. Not even close.

And many of their identities are known to the Church of Scientology.
They've been published all over the web.

So what we have here is another gossip rag printing the silly propaganda
of 'Anonymous' for its sensational value. For the amusement of couch
potatoes.

> http://forums.enturbulation.org/15-media/anonymous-august-maxim

entubulation.org is a hate site. Nothing there can be trusted.

As is the case with almost everything posted here. 'Anonymous'
just posts their hate propaganda anywhere they can, and pretends
that it is true because it has been published on the internet.

Ignoring the fact that all rational people know that any liar
or loon can publish anything on the internet, and that anonymous
sources are worth less than shit.

You can at least fertilize your garden with shit.

Tom

--
Real science: http://www.sethcenter.com/pages/bookstore.htm
If I read your article, I replied to it.

outt...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2008, 2:06:55 PM7/15/08
Tommy, Maxim is one of the most popular men's mags in the US and has a
subscriber base of 2.5 million. Not too shabby.

t_shuffle

Jul 15, 2008, 11:33:52 PM7/15/08

<outt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I honestly thought Rolling Stone, with their view of the cult, would be the
first to run a article like this.

Good on Maxim for having the balls. Two and a half million readers aint bad.
I'm gonna go ahead and say that this is a little bit epic.

Jens Tingleff

Jul 16, 2008, 2:21:51 AM7/16/08

t_shuffle wrote:

> <outt...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> In the August issue of Maxim there is a 5 page article on
>> Anonymous and the anti-CoS protests.
>>
>> "A faceless, unstable virtual army masses to take on-and
>> take down-the world's most secretive and terrifying
>> religion. An exclusive report from the front-lines of a
>> 21st-century battle."

http://forums.enturbulation.org/15-media/anonymous-august-maxim-magazine-22236/

>> Scans:
>> http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maxim1zn8.png
>> http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maxim2gu6.png
>> http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maxim3hp3.png
>> http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maxim4ez0.png
>> http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maxim5vh6.png

This is a nice article :-)

Scans are pretty useful for those of us who live outside the US.

> I honestly thought Rolling Stone, with their view of the cult, would be
> the first to run a article like this.

Lot of "serious" media shy way from discussing cults. I don't think this is
the last article in a major circulation print publication, tho' ;-)

Also, by making the topic more widely discussed, articles like this can
hopefully pave the way for articles about the human rights abuses
perpetrated by the criminal organisation known as the "church" <spit> of
$cientology.

> Good on Maxim for having the balls. Two and a half million readers aint
> bad. I'm gonna go ahead and say that this is a little bit epic.

It's a start :-) :-) :-)

Best Regards

Jens

- --
Key ID 0x09723C12, jens...@tingleff.org
Analogue filtering / 5GHz RLAN / Mandriva Linux / odds and ends
http://www.tingleff.org/jensting/ +44 1223 829 985
"..no no Jack. Poor people are crazy. I'm eccentric" 'Speed'

Hartley Patterson

Jul 16, 2008, 8:26:36 AM7/16/08
thorazin...@gmail.com:

> I honestly thought Rolling Stone, with their view of the cult, would be the
> first to run a article like this.
>
> Good on Maxim for having the balls. Two and a half million readers aint bad.
> I'm gonna go ahead and say that this is a little bit epic.

It was obviously well researched - I understand the author tried several
magazines before Maxim took it on. My only quibble is that it gave the
impression (at least to me) that Anonymous now are still the 4chan
Anonymous who did the original YouTube video and DDos attacks, which is
not the case. The movement has grown in the same way that the original ex-
members on ARS became the Critics.

--
Hartley Patterson
http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk/index.htm