Howard University cancels CCHR hate exhibit

Dave Touretzky

Oct 31, 2006, 8:08:10 PM10/31/06

The Citizens Commission on Human Rights, an anti-psychiatry hate group
run by the Church of Scientology, will not be allowed to put on its
touring exhibit, "Psychiatry: Industry of Death", at Howard University
next month. Located in Washington, DC, Howard is one of the nation's
leading historically black colleges.

The exhibit had been scheduled for November 20-26 at the Armour
J. Blackburn Center on Howard's campus. Although the university was
only renting space to CCHR, not co-sponsoring the exhibit as CCHR had
falsely claimed(1), university administrators realized that providing
a forum for CCHR's outrageous distortions and hateful propaganda would
be a disservice to their students. If CCHR is to be believed, the
Howard University Medical School Department of Psychiatry -- like all
departments of psychiatry -- is a haven for drug pushers in the pocket
of the pharmaceutical industry, and cruel sadists who torture patients
with lobotomies and electric shocks. CCHR's outrageous
misrepresentations, which libel medical professionals and discourage
students from seeking mental health services, have no place on a
university campus.

(1) see http://waterbug.typepad.com/waterbug/2006/10/psychiatry_an_i.ht

-- Dave Touretzky: "This is your brain on Scientology."
http://PerkinsTragedy.org

terapin Ed

Oct 31, 2006, 8:15:27 PM10/31/06
Allright Howard University.
Thanks Scietology for letting CCHR put their foot in their mouth on 48
hrs.
Before 48 hrs, most people probabbly didnt know CCHR was a scientology
group.
Now CCHR has lost all credibility with the public.
This is probabbly more fallout from the 48 hrs show.
Peace
Ed

El Ron Crozo

Oct 31, 2006, 8:34:01 PM10/31/06
Burn baby, burn!

El Ron Crozo

Magoo

Oct 31, 2006, 8:42:07 PM10/31/06

"terapin Ed" <tera...@msn.com> wrote in message

> Allright Howard University.
> Thanks Scietology for letting CCHR put their foot in their mouth on 48
> hrs.
> Before 48 hrs, most people probabbly didnt know CCHR was a scientology
> group.
> Now CCHR has lost all credibility with the public.
> This is probabbly more fallout from the 48 hrs show.
> Peace
> Ed

I agree...............most people I've ever talked to had little to no idea
about CCHR, pre "48 Hours". Way to go, CBS!
Congratulations to Jan Eastgate for sticking your foot so far into your
mouth it may take literally years to yank it out.
Actually, I do believe it shall be there permanently now.

Once again, instead of Scientology doing the right thing,
which no, I'm tired of giving them tips....let them continue! They'll never
figure it out...
they did 100% the wrong thing: Bad for them, great for all the critics!

Thanks, Scientology.........keep up your terrific "stats" and supposed
fight.

Tory/Magoo~~Your Friendly, local SP :)

Simkatu

Oct 31, 2006, 8:43:21 PM10/31/06
Dave Touretzky wrote:
> The Citizens Commission on Human Rights, an anti-psychiatry hate group
> run by the Church of Scientology, will not be allowed to put on its
> touring exhibit, "Psychiatry: Industry of Death", at Howard University
> next month. Located in Washington, DC, Howard is one of the nation's
> leading historically black colleges.

> The exhibit had been scheduled for November 20-26 at the Armour
> J. Blackburn Center on Howard's campus. Although the university was
> only renting space to CCHR, not co-sponsoring the exhibit as CCHR had
> falsely claimed(1), university administrators realized that providing
> a forum for CCHR's outrageous distortions and hateful propaganda would
> be a disservice to their students. If CCHR is to be believed, the
> Howard University Medical School Department of Psychiatry -- like all
> departments of psychiatry -- is a haven for drug pushers in the pocket
> of the pharmaceutical industry, and cruel sadists who torture patients
> with lobotomies and electric shocks. CCHR's outrageous
> misrepresentations, which libel medical professionals and discourage
> students from seeking mental health services, have no place on a
> university campus.

WOOHOO!

I was one of those people here that immediately sent letters to the
Howard University administration and their medical school
administration asking them if they knew that CCHR was promoting their
exhibit as a joint project with Howard U.

I can't claim credit for the cancellation, but I'm sure all our letters
helped bring some interest to this issue to people that matter at
Howard. Nobody wants to be associated with the criminal cult of
Scientology.

Surprisingly, the administration was not ever informed that is was
going to be listed as a sponsor of this event. They were might angry
that Scientology misrepresented Howard's role in the show.

Lying is a sacrament in the Church of Scientology.

--
Simkatu

Tigger

Oct 31, 2006, 8:44:52 PM10/31/06

WOW....how great it is. Wonder if a little birdie told H.U. to watch
48 HOURS. That president of CCHR was really scar.....y.

Tigger

Saucy111

Oct 31, 2006, 8:55:20 PM10/31/06

Tigger wrote:

> WOW....how great it is. Wonder if a little birdie told H.U. to watch
> 48 HOURS. That president of CCHR was really scar.....y.

I fonally got to watch it today... Scary doesn't even BEGIN to cover
it.

He comes off as such a crackpot! $cientology won't recover from this...

moontaco

Oct 31, 2006, 9:04:52 PM10/31/06

You may be right not to claim credit for the cancellation, but the
letters certainly must have had an impact. I'm glad you and the other
letter writers took action.

mt

Hartley Patterson

Oct 31, 2006, 9:08:35 PM10/31/06
Dave Touretzky d...@cs.cmu.edu:

> The Citizens Commission on Human Rights, an anti-psychiatry hate group
> run by the Church of Scientology, will not be allowed to put on its
> touring exhibit, "Psychiatry: Industry of Death", at Howard University
> next month. Located in Washington, DC, Howard is one of the nation's
> leading historically black colleges.

Excellent. Mind you, although I am not an American a name like
'Citizen's Commission on Human Rights' would set alarm bells ringing for
me. It has to be a front group for something, though political rather
than religious nutters would be my first guess.

As it happens it's not commissioned by citizens and is not concerned
with human rights.

--
"I just might be the angel at your door"
http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk

Android Cat

Oct 31, 2006, 10:21:23 PM10/31/06

The link got trimmed. It was
http://waterbug.typepad.com/waterbug/2006/10/psychiatry_an_i.html but that
page seems to have been mysteriously vaporized.

Here's what's left of October's listings:
http://waterbug.typepad.com/waterbug/2006/10/index.html

Mind you, the ninnies didn't get the Google cache.
http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:nYt0u0w0JXoJ:waterbug.typepad.com/waterbug/2006/10/psychiatry_an_i.html+waterbug.typepad.com/waterbug/2006/10/psychiatry_an_i.html&hl=en&gl=ca&ct=clnk&cd=1

--
Ron of that ilk.
Who vaporized it? Could it be ... Xenu?

JAFAW

Oct 31, 2006, 11:18:25 PM10/31/06

"Android Cat" <androi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

A screenshot of the CCHR poster from your google cache link complete with
the sponsor footbullet can be accessed here in case anyone needs to use it
for an article.....
http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/7262/cchrfootbulletjj9.jpg

moontaco

Nov 1, 2006, 3:15:28 AM11/1/06

Good. The cached link seems to lead nowhere now.

mt

Michael Greenberg

Nov 1, 2006, 9:07:59 PM11/1/06

You simply don't even have to be a critic (whatever that is) to know
the CCHR is just vile.
Linda whatsername is the perfect representative. Happy Halloween Witch.

Umike

Frip

Nov 1, 2006, 9:29:09 PM11/1/06

NICE! :)

On Oct 31, 5:08 pm, d...@cs.cmu.edu (Dave Touretzky) wrote:
> The Citizens Commission on Human Rights, an anti-psychiatry hate group
> run by the Church of Scientology, will not be allowed to put on its
> touring exhibit, "Psychiatry: Industry of Death", at Howard University
> next month. Located in Washington, DC, Howard is one of the nation's
> leading historically black colleges.
>
> The exhibit had been scheduled for November 20-26 at the Armour
> J. Blackburn Center on Howard's campus. Although the university was
> only renting space to CCHR, not co-sponsoring the exhibit as CCHR had
> falsely claimed(1), university administrators realized that providing
> a forum for CCHR's outrageous distortions and hateful propaganda would
> be a disservice to their students. If CCHR is to be believed, the
> Howard University Medical School Department of Psychiatry -- like all
> departments of psychiatry -- is a haven for drug pushers in the pocket
> of the pharmaceutical industry, and cruel sadists who torture patients
> with lobotomies and electric shocks. CCHR's outrageous
> misrepresentations, which libel medical professionals and discourage
> students from seeking mental health services, have no place on a
> university campus.
>

> (1) seehttp://waterbug.typepad.com/waterbug/2006/10/psychiatry_an_i.ht

Simkatu

Nov 9, 2006, 1:18:39 AM11/9/06

JAFAW wrote:
> "Android Cat" <androi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Dave Touretzky wrote:
> > > The Citizens Commission on Human Rights, an anti-psychiatry hate group
> > > run by the Church of Scientology, will not be allowed to put on its
> > > touring exhibit, "Psychiatry: Industry of Death", at Howard University
> > > next month. Located in Washington, DC, Howard is one of the nation's
> > > leading historically black colleges.
> > >
> > > The exhibit had been scheduled for November 20-26 at the Armour
> > > J. Blackburn Center on Howard's campus. Although the university was
> > > only renting space to CCHR, not co-sponsoring the exhibit as CCHR had
> > > falsely claimed(1), university administrators realized that providing
> > > a forum for CCHR's outrageous distortions and hateful propaganda would
> > > be a disservice to their students. If CCHR is to be believed, the
> > > Howard University Medical School Department of Psychiatry -- like all
> > > departments of psychiatry -- is a haven for drug pushers in the pocket
> > > of the pharmaceutical industry, and cruel sadists who torture patients
> > > with lobotomies and electric shocks. CCHR's outrageous
> > > misrepresentations, which libel medical professionals and discourage
> > > students from seeking mental health services, have no place on a
> > > university campus.

> > The link got trimmed. It was

> > http://waterbug.typepad.com/waterbug/2006/10/psychiatry_an_i.html but that
> > page seems to have been mysteriously vaporized.

> > Ron of that ilk.

> > Who vaporized it? Could it be ... Xenu?
> >
> A screenshot of the CCHR poster from your google cache link complete with
> the sponsor footbullet can be accessed here in case anyone needs to use it
> for an article.....
> http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/7262/cchrfootbulletjj9.jpg

The respected Howard University cancelled the CCHR anti-psychiatry
extremist's hate museum.

Now they are covering up their huge lie that Howard U. was a co-sponsor
of the event.

Is this what an "ethical" group does when confronted with their
dishonest words?

Lying is a sacrament in the Church of Scientology.

--
Simkatu
V.P. of Media and Marketing
Narconon Division
ARSCC (wdne)

Out_Of_The_Dark

Nov 9, 2006, 1:34:29 AM11/9/06

Dave, this is excellent news. Quite a few posters here wrote to
complain and it's interesting to see how renting a space became
something completely different.

Kudos to all, especially Howard University!!

JustCallMeMary

Hubbard Hatred Of psychiatry and psychology// CCHR
www.psychassualt.org

R. Hill

Nov 9, 2006, 12:31:48 PM11/9/06
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

John

Nov 9, 2006, 5:17:00 PM11/9/06

<psllv...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes

snip

>> The respected Howard University cancelled the CCHR anti-psychiatry
>> extremist's hate museum.
>>
>> Now they are covering up their huge lie that Howard U. was a co-sponsor
>> of the event.
>>
>> Is this what an "ethical" group does when confronted with their
>> dishonest words?
>
> Hilarious! You stupid drunk. You were in jail (AGAIN) in March 2006.
> You were there for a few days and the court then sentenced you to 30
> days house arrest.

>> Lying is a sacrament in the Church of Scientology.
>
> See above, you loser.

Thursday again?

Jens Tingleff

Nov 10, 2006, 2:12:48 AM11/10/06

psllv...@gmail.com wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Simkatu wrote:
>
>> WOOHOO!
>
> Psychopath...

>> I was one of those people here that immediately sent letters to the
>> Howard University administration and their medical school
>> administration asking them if they knew that CCHR was promoting their
>> exhibit as a joint project with Howard U.
>

> Hey, thanks for sharing. I'll be sure to send off a follow-up letter
> warning them about you and how you continue to drive drunk getting
> yourself arrested, all the bad checks you wrote, the near 2 years you
> spent in Kansas prisons, your theft records, your psychiatric records,
> your civil convictions and a host of other crap you did to people.

>> I can't claim credit for the cancellation, but I'm sure all our letters
>> helped bring some interest to this issue to people that matter at
>> Howard.
>

> You cannot claim credit for anything, because you are a dullard, Korey.

>> Nobody wants to be associated with the criminal cult of
>> Scientology.
>

> LOL! Nobody wants to be associated with you, unless it is other racist
> pigs.

Any questions?

Best Regards

Jens

- --
Key ID 0x09723C12, jens...@tingleff.org
Analogue filtering / 5GHz RLAN / Mandriva Linux / odds and ends
http://www.tingleff.org/jensting/ +44 1223 211 585
"Every cheap hood [..], ends up making payments on a sofa or a girl" The
Clash

Simkatu

Nov 13, 2006, 11:22:29 PM11/13/06

For some reason my e-mail program wasn't checking my e-mail over the
last week, but I just discovered that my letters to the faculty and
administration on 10/29 were very much appreciated by a number of people
at Howard Univ. I received 3 personal responses from Howard Univ.
administrators and faculty. They promised to take action, and they
weren't kidding, because apparently it didn't take more than 2 days for
Howard Univ. to tell Scientology to shove it.

They weren't happy that Scientology was lying about their relationship.

--
Simkatu

barbz

Nov 14, 2006, 10:21:36 AM11/14/06

I do hope that story makes it into the skool paper! It's definitely
newsworthy.

--
"I'm for the separation of church and hate."

Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC(wdne)
xenu...@netscape.net

R. Hill

Dec 11, 2006, 11:53:50 AM12/11/06

I hope the persons involved won't mind, I made a web page for that
particular event, since it was a meaningful addition to the "Lying: a
Scientology practice" serie:

http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/cchr-hu-lie-200610.html

Ray.

Simkatu

Dec 13, 2006, 5:06:52 AM12/13/06

That is great. I'm glad someone documented the imagery for posterity.
It just shows us one more example that Scientologists must lie because
lying is a "sacrament" in the CoS. Anything may be done to Keep
Scientology Working (KSW).

This is an example of something that critics can do that can actually
make a difference. I discovered the CCHR claiming that Howard was a
co-sponsor of their anti-psych museum. I posted about it here and I
sent a short and simple e-mail to a short list of executives and faculty
at Howard U to ask them if they were truly a sponsor of the Scientology
anti-psychiatry minstrel show.

After just 2 days, Dave T. posted that he found out Howard was
cancelling the show. I'm not sure how D.T. found out, but I'm guessing
he must've been in contact with Howard independently of me.

There are a number of other examples where I have seen critics be able
to do some pretty amazing things from just sending a few short
well-written e-mails to influential people.

--
Simkatu

Barbara Schwarz

Dec 13, 2006, 6:36:06 PM12/13/06

Dave Touretzky wrote:
> The

Washington D.C. has quite a problem of abusive and dangerous
p$ychiatry. Reminded me of a concentration camp. This college will be
ashamed in future for this decision. Just wait till those who made the
decision to conceal crimes of p$ychiatry are getting old and committed
against their will and drugged and e-shocked and otherwise abused. Then
there will nobody who helps them.

Barbara Schwarz (Looking for the original Mark [Marty] Rathbun. No
impostor, please!)

I am for the separation of ARS and hate! -- Barbara Schwarz, much more
of a chaplain as Barbz Graham is.
--
Barbzzzzz "Babbles" Graham, is the selfproclaimed "chaplain" of an
allegedly non-existing organization named ARSCC that doesn't pay taxes.

But if they don't exist, how come they have a Chief Financial Officer
(jail bird, drug loving and habitual offender Korey Jerome Kruse aka
"Simkatu" and "Vivaldi") who works and travels on behalf of ARSCC?

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=%22Korey+Jerome+Kruse%22

Barbara Graham in her own words: "Anything's legal if you don't get
caught." And: "You asshole. I was *never* a good person, you sad piece
of crap. --
Spidergraham, Chaplain, ARSCC"
More: http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/extremists/graham1.html
http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/anti-religious-extremists/barbar...
http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/index.php

Dave Touretzky, a CMU researcher who is into porn and bomb
instructions, promotes also the book of lies of my legally convicted
brutal kidnapper Vosper. More about David Stuart Touretzky:
http://religiousfreedomwatch.org/anti-religious-extremists/david-tour...

Barbara Schwarz

Dec 13, 2006, 6:36:24 PM12/13/06

Dave Touretzky wrote:
> The

Washington D.C. has quite a problem of abusive and dangerous
p$ychiatry. Reminded me of a concentration camp. This college will be
ashamed in future for this decision. Just wait till those who made the
decision to conceal crimes of p$ychiatry are getting old and committed
against their will and drugged and e-shocked and otherwise abused. Then

there is nobody who helps them.