more trouble for Narconon Stone Hawk

Dave Touretzky

Mar 14, 2007, 2:53:12 AM3/14/07

Things aren't going too well at Narconon Stone Hawk in Battle Creek,
Michigan.

A source inside the facility tells me that 10 students have left in
the last couple of weeks. As the word gets out about this place,
students are being yanked by frightened parents.

Per Wickstrom's trick of dumping students in cheap hotels and then
refusing to refund their money has gotten him into some hot water. A
family in New Mexico has filed suit against Narconon Stone Hawk for
"unjust enrichment" after they dumped their son and kept the money.
That's lawyer talk for "you ripped off my client and we're going to
make you wish you hadn't."

I've been hearing from a stream of dissatisfied Stone Hawk customers
recently. I can't post details here, but let's just say that Vinnie
has enough Narconon material to keep him busy from now until
Christmas.

And what does the Michigan Attorney General think of all this?
Enquiring minds want to know.

-- Dave Touretzky: "This is your brain on Scientology."
http://Stop-Narconon.org

Susan

Mar 14, 2007, 3:27:11 AM3/14/07

"Dave Touretzky" <d...@cs.cmu.edu> wrote in message

Wow, excellent work Vinnie, Dave and the victims who are speaking out and
working on this.

Susan

vdanie...@yahoo.com

Mar 14, 2007, 5:24:01 AM3/14/07

Here's an idea for you Dave. How 'bout you start your own one hour
show on KCAA (oh, say on Saturday mornings) except that you call this
one "The REAL Narconon Story."

jolm

Mar 14, 2007, 5:36:01 AM3/14/07

Mark Bunker

Mar 14, 2007, 6:09:52 AM3/14/07

"Dave Touretzky" <d...@cs.cmu.edu> wrote in message

That's great news, Dave. I haven't heard anything about this on the
Stonehawk blog. Only that an inspection happened and "it went well." I
can't wait to see the report.

I also noticed that they didn't post a new radio show after this past
weekend. I don't know if they broadcast a new show last Saturday or played
a re-run of the first show knowing everyone in the audience would be out
celebrating Xenu Day.

I did find it odd that they broke down the first show into success stories.
My hunch is they did this to edit out materal I pointed to as
Scientology-related from the full show but I haven't had the stamina to
listen to it all again.

http://www.narcononstonehawk.com/blog/drug-rehab/successstories/

Ah, looking at it now, they do have some segments which say 3/11.

The full first show is still here:

http://xenutv.wordpress.com/2007/02/25/stonehawk-responds/

By the way, I have ben offered a show of my own on another station. I'm
mulling it over.

Magoo

Mar 14, 2007, 9:56:11 AM3/14/07

"Mark Bunker" <markb...@cox.net> wrote in message

Do it!

Congrats to Vinnie, Dave, anyone who's helped out, and all of the families
who are taking back their kids and money. My best wishes to all,

Tory/Magoo~~
X-Scientologist after 30 years "in"
Free at last~

barbz

Mar 14, 2007, 10:58:47 AM3/14/07

Heh...I thought that slot was taken by Clark Carr...;)

--
Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC (wdne)

"Keep fighting for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't forget to
have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous,
ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can
produce."

--Molly Ivins

Kilia

Mar 14, 2007, 10:28:51 AM3/14/07
On Mar 14, 3:24 am, vdaniels2...@yahoo.com wrote:
on Stone Hawk in Battle Creek, Michigan.

> Here's an idea for you Dave. How 'bout you start your own one hour

> show on KCAA (oh, say on Saturday mornings) except that you call this
> one "The REAL Narconon Story."

I second that idea, Vince!! :)

Kimberly

Mar 14, 2007, 4:18:50 PM3/14/07
It's good to finally see some more "GOOD" news in relationship to this
fake rehab facility! I wish there was more I could do to get the
State of Michigan involved....but I have it on good authority that
they are investigating. I have also been posting all kinds of
questions on their blog but half of the time they don't answer them
because there is no good answer. When they do answer they lie lie lie
like usual. They told me thatthey didn't have deatiled numbers but
they "estimate" 60% of their staff is graduated addicts and 40% were
"street hires" which is a lie! They only have about 15% (including
administration, doctor/RNs) that are non graduates.

DOWN WITH STONE HAWK!!

vdanie...@yahoo.com

Mar 14, 2007, 4:30:11 PM3/14/07

Hey Mark,

Actuallly they did indeed do a new episode on KCAA on Saturday. They
have 2 completed with 2 to go. I saw it live on KCAA-TV on Saturday
morning (3/10) and also listened to it on podcast later in the day.
HOWEVER, when I arrived to do my show on March 10th, the engineer
mentioned that the transmitter was down for an hour-and-a-half from
6-7:30am and that "Narconon Story" was not heard on the radio in the
local area --- however, they'll get a make-good on that and probably
have it played later.

Keith Henson

Mar 14, 2007, 9:43:56 PM3/14/07
On 14 Mar 2007 13:30:11 -0700, vdanie...@yahoo.com wrote:

>On Mar 14, 2:09 am, "Mark Bunker" <markbun...@cox.net> wrote:

snip

>Hey Mark,
>
>Actuallly they did indeed do a new episode on KCAA on Saturday. They
>have 2 completed with 2 to go. I saw it live on KCAA-TV on Saturday
>morning (3/10) and also listened to it on podcast later in the day.
>HOWEVER, when I arrived to do my show on March 10th, the engineer
>mentioned that the transmitter was down for an hour-and-a-half from
>6-7:30am and that "Narconon Story" was not heard on the radio in the
>local area --- however, they'll get a make-good on that and probably
>have it played later.

Being an engineer who long ago had a first class radiotelephone
license (when that meant something) and is somewhat familiar with the
current state of the art re radio broadcasting, that's downright
amazing that the station would be off the air.

Downright weird as a matter of fact.

Keith Henson

vdanie...@yahoo.com

Mar 14, 2007, 10:32:27 PM3/14/07
On Mar 14, 6:43 pm, hkhen...@rogers.com (Keith Henson) wrote:

Yeah but Keith, in fairness (if you're suggesting that they did it),
why would they do that when it would only take their own show off the
air? If I were them, I'd wait till I got off the air till I did
something like that. The other thing is ... since October, our
transmitter engineers have been routinely running tests by taking us
off the air for maybe 12 minutes at a time. As KCAA has been getting
ready to increase its wattage output soon, there have: a) been
occassions where they've made us announce that we're going off the air
for a little while, and b) in the year that I've been there, I can
remember a couple of times where certain components of the transmitter
would overheat, causing us to leave the air. I think that's what
happened on Saturday.

Zinj

Mar 15, 2007, 11:06:41 AM3/15/07
In article <1173925947.335805.108730
@l75g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, vdanie...@yahoo.com says...

Not to gas up the ole Black Helicopter, but, Scientology is
somewhat back-handedly aware of how embarassing its 'in house'
Swill is when exposed to a broader public, and, it wouldn't be
the *first* time that incipient sanity caused them to hide their
own 'product' :)

Zinj
--
You Can Lead a Clam to Reason; but You Can't Make Him Think

Desertphile

Apr 12, 2007, 10:55:40 AM4/12/07

I have heard from two staff members at NarConon Stone Hawk who have quit
Scientology and want nothing to do with NarConon. One said he really believed he
was helping people and was horrified at what he has learned about NarConon: many
newspaper articles have quoted him about how wonderful NarConon is, and he is
ashamed. I suspect he has also contacted you about getting his name removed from
your web sites.