Scientology in the UK compared to the US

londo...@googlemail.com

Feb 22, 2008, 9:23:31 AM2/22/08
I watched the BBC Panorama documentary.

It was scary.

But could they do that sort of shit here? (Following people in cars
etc.) I'm sure the UK police, Scotland Yard etc. would own them pretty
much straight away. After all the shit with 7/7, security is very
tight.

Are Americans generally more stupid (gullible)? Scientology appears to
have much bigger influence in the USA. Everytime I go by the tottenham
court road branch, it is ALWAYS empty. (Just the staff outside trying
to entice people in with a free stress test and handing out their gay
newspapers)

Is the cult tax exempt in the UK?

Has anyone thought of raising a PQ (parliamentary question) via their
MP? How about the ASA (advertising standard agency) for advertising a
'stress test'. the e-meter is just a piece of crap. it does not
measure stress.

Personally, I would love to see a bullet through the head of each of
the fraudulent bastards pushing this stuff onto vulnerable people and
draining their bank accounts.

thetansinmyd...@googlemail.com

Feb 22, 2008, 9:28:24 AM2/22/08
On Feb 22, 2:23 pm, london.l...@googlemail.com wrote:

> Personally, I would love to see a bullet through the head of each of
> the fraudulent bastards pushing this stuff onto vulnerable people and
> draining their bank accounts.

Idiot.

Lafayette at The Beacon

Feb 22, 2008, 9:40:16 AM2/22/08
On Feb 22, 2:23 pm, london.l...@googlemail.com wrote:

The cult isn't tax exempt here. However, it is likely that most of the
arms of CoS operating on these shores pay out any money that they make
to CoS in the US for "licensing". They move the money to where they
don't have to pay tax on it.

Yes it is probably worthwhile raising issues about CoS UK's
promotional literature. Pamphleting is considered advertising in this
country, and so must hold to the Code of Advertising Practice. The
claim on one of their leaflets that "[Dianetics] is so simple, so
incredible and so powerful that it makes psychiatry, psychology and
self-hypnosis obsolete" suggests that Dianetics can be used to treat
medical conditions. I'm sure the ASA would uphold any complaint about
that line in particular. Advertising should not seek to discourage
people with medical conditions from seeking proper medical advice.

Do try to keep in mind, though, that many of the "fraudulent bastards"
are victims of the Church themselves, and are not aware that they are
perpetrating what is essentially a fraud. They too are the vulnerable
people who have had their bank accounts drained.

Your humble servant,

Lafayette

http://myurlisname.blogspot.com

Anonymous

Feb 22, 2008, 9:48:48 AM2/22/08

Measuring stress is about the only thing it can do, really. Galvanic
skin response is effectively what it measures, which is used in lie
detectors to tell if a person is stressed by what they are saying.
Unfortunately, I don't think you'd get that one.

I'm going to echo the other comments regarding the 'fraudulent bastards'.

The Dianetics stuff is what you'd get the ASA on them for, though.

Feisty

Feb 22, 2008, 10:07:35 AM2/22/08

"Anonymous" <anon...@anonymous.com> wrote in message

Incorrect.

Diving into the crisp cool water....then think of the cool crisp water...

When the body tenses thinking of carrying out the act...

http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-the-hypnotist9.htm

In 1907, Sidis discovered that physical stimulus or noises or words made the
needle on the galvanometer move. Then he discovered that the same needle on
the instrument moved just by thinking that thought, of the same stimuli,
noise or words:

"The experimenter then ascertained that actual irritation (stimulus) was
not essential to these results, but the presentation of the proposed
stimulus to the imagination also brought about similar deviations in the
galvanometer. He stated, furthermore, that the recollection of some fear,
fright or joy, in general any kind of strong emotion, produced the same
result. He also noted that the emotion of expectant attention or
anticipation had a marked effect upon the galvanometer." (1)

Maureen

http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-the-hypnotist9.htm

Tom Newton

Feb 22, 2008, 10:37:49 AM2/22/08

There you have it.

The beginnning of the end of Anonymous.

The truth comes out.

They really ARE the KKK reborn.

Tom

--
calhobbit (at) | Artificial Intelligence:
gmail [DOT] com | When the real thing just won't do.

peters...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2008, 10:53:42 AM2/22/08
On 22 feb, 16:37, Tom Newton <t...@server.invalid> wrote:

What for heavens sake makes you think that idiot is Anonymous? Because
he meets your biased views of Anonymous? He is no more Anonymous than
you are.

Peter

http://www.scamofscientology.nl

Eldon

Feb 22, 2008, 11:00:39 AM2/22/08
On Feb 22, 4:07 pm, "Feisty" <Lermanet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Anonymous" <anonym...@anonymous.com> wrote in message

Yeah, well... what's a little 40-year gap until L. Ron purportedly
rediscovered the phenomenon and touted it as his exclusive
"intellectual property"?

What a silly old narcissist he was!

Jinkii

Feb 22, 2008, 11:02:32 AM2/22/08

DONT FEED THE TROLLS, fkin nubs

Jinkii

londo...@googlemail.com

Feb 22, 2008, 11:04:58 AM2/22/08
On Feb 22, 3:37 pm, Tom Newton <t...@server.invalid> wrote:

Listen up faggot,

I am not affiliated with Anonymous in any way, shape or form. tbh, I
think they are pussies for stopping DDoS / illegal activities.

My fantasy would be to fly over your grounds in a helicopter & spray
machine gun bullets at you all. Die, mother-fuckers.

I really hope the next nutcase shoots up a Scientology cult centre
(instead of a high school). In fact, I hope some gays rape you all &
you die of AIDS.

spam spam spam:

calh...@gmail.com
calh...@gmail.com calh...@gmail.com
calh...@gmail.com calh...@gmail.com
calh...@gmail.com calh...@gmail.com
calh...@gmail.com calh...@gmail.com
calh...@gmail.com calh...@gmail.com
calh...@gmail.com calh...@gmail.com
calh...@gmail.com calh...@gmail.com
calh...@gmail.com calh...@gmail.com
calh...@gmail.com calh...@gmail.com
calh...@gmail.com calh...@gmail.com
calh...@gmail.com calh...@gmail.com
calh...@gmail.com

Android Cat

Feb 22, 2008, 11:22:03 AM2/22/08
londo...@googlemail.com wrote:
> On Feb 22, 3:37 pm, Tom Newton <t...@server.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2008-02-22, london.l...@googlemail.com
>> <london.l...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Personally, I would love to see a bullet through the head of each of
>>> the fraudulent bastards pushing this stuff onto vulnerable people
>>> and draining their bank accounts.
>>
>> There you have it.
>>
>> The beginnning of the end of Anonymous.
>>
>> The truth comes out.
>>
>> They really ARE the KKK reborn.
>

> Listen up faggot,
>
> I am not affiliated with Anonymous in any way, shape or form. tbh, I
> think they are pussies for stopping DDoS / illegal activities.
>
> My fantasy would be to fly over your grounds in a helicopter & spray
> machine gun bullets at you all. Die, mother-fuckers.
>
> I really hope the next nutcase shoots up a Scientology cult centre
> (instead of a high school). In fact, I hope some gays rape you all &
> you die of AIDS.

Any relation to ElBaldo, Eggshell White, Advocate of Painful Death and other
previous trolls?

--
Ron of that ilk.

Hartley Patterson

Feb 22, 2008, 11:21:24 AM2/22/08
londo...@googlemail.com:

> I watched the BBC Panorama documentary.
>
> It was scary.
>
> But could they do that sort of shit here?

Yes. John Sweeney suspected that a private detective turned up at his
wedding. Others followed the production team for the 'Secret Lives'
documentary. OSA have investigated critics at various times.

> Are Americans generally more stupid (gullible)? Scientology appears to
> have much bigger influence in the USA. Everytime I go by the tottenham
> court road branch, it is ALWAYS empty.

It's only a shop now, the students go to Victoria Street.

> Is the cult tax exempt in the UK?

The CoS is not a charity, Narconon is. The CoS is VAT exempt for
educational items. It has persuaded some local authorities to give rates
reductions, though they are not obliged to do so as CoS buildings are not
'places of worship'. Hint: check with local councillors, ask why they are
giving subsidies to a cult.

> Has anyone thought of raising a PQ (parliamentary question) via their
> MP?

No point. The Government is well aware of the crimes of the cult, but has
wider concerns to consider.

> How about the ASA (advertising standard agency) for advertising a
> 'stress test'. the e-meter is just a piece of crap. it does not
> measure stress.

Hint: try Trading Standards. The law is changing soon, and not in the
cult's favour.

--
Hartley Patterson
http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk

Lafayette at The Beacon

Feb 22, 2008, 11:44:28 AM2/22/08
On Feb 22, 4:21 pm, Hartley Patterson <hptt...@daisy.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hint: try Trading Standards. The law is changing soon, and not in the
> cult's favour.

I'd forgotten about that! Roll on April!

your humble servant,

Lafayette

http://myurlisname.blogspot.com

Skipper

Feb 22, 2008, 12:24:53 PM2/22/08
In article <dr6395-...@hobbit22.clearwire.net>, Tom Newton
<t...@server.invalid> wrote:

(idiot crap that's expected of a $cientologist)

Back under your "Bridge" troll.

Jonathon Barbera

Feb 22, 2008, 1:34:15 PM2/22/08
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:24:53 -0800, Skipper <dadw...@gmail.not>
wrote:

Skip, you've proven time and time again that you are a major troll on
this group. You're so annoying that even *I* ignore you most of the
time! That should tell you how bad your behavior is.

Love,
-- Jonathon

butterflygrrrl

Feb 22, 2008, 1:45:31 PM2/22/08
On Feb 22, 6:23 am, london.l...@googlemail.com wrote:

> Are Americans generally more stupid (gullible)?

There was a poll on the front page of yahoo the other day that said
that 40% of British people believe that Winston Churchill was a myth,
but 70% believe that Sherlock Holmes was a real person.

Jinkii

Feb 22, 2008, 2:17:23 PM2/22/08

maybe so, but we dont elect short bus riders as head of state :D

Jinkii

butterflygrrrl

Feb 22, 2008, 2:26:28 PM2/22/08

LOL! Actually, he wasn't elected! He lost the popular vote.

And don't blame me, I didn't vote for him.

:D

Kilia

Feb 22, 2008, 2:39:00 PM2/22/08
On Feb 22, 9:37 am, Tom Newton <t...@server.invalid> wrote:

You are so BUSTED, Tom! lol

intergalactic...@hotmail.com

Feb 22, 2008, 2:49:23 PM2/22/08
On Feb 22, 6:23 am, london.l...@googlemail.com wrote:
> I watched the BBC Panorama documentary.
>
> It was scary.
>
> But could they do that sort of shit here? (Following people in cars
> etc.) I'm sure the UK police, Scotland Yard etc. would own them pretty
> much straight away. After all the shit with 7/7, security is very
> tight.

Actually it would seem in the UK there are similar issues.

> Are Americans generally more stupid (gullible)?

Well, I'll have to check my history but there certainly was a
following in St. Hill. So I "think" the UK is just as guilty as we
are as far as letting an oppressive hate group continue under the
shield of self exploration. Though what is fair comment is how the
city of Clearwater Florida seems to have been bought lock stock and
barrel by Scientology. In that I think the US has bigger scars from
the Scientology occupation.

But most of the world has taken the same exception to the idea of
restricting "religion" freedoms for fear of being labeled Nazi. But
it's rather a new generation, and I think we have grown far too
desensitized to the concept to care. You'll find few if any people
who would actually suppress their freedom of though and expression,
but their actions just bad enough to warrant government action.

Seebs

Feb 22, 2008, 2:50:29 PM2/22/08

But that doesn't answer the question, unless we have numbers for the US.

Honestly, I doubt 40% of Americans believe that Winston Churchill was a myth.
That would imply at least 40% of Americans knowing who he was, and that seems
awfully high.

--
Copyright 2008, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / usenet...@seebs.net

Howard

Feb 22, 2008, 3:10:53 PM2/22/08
londo...@googlemail.com wrote:

> I watched the BBC Panorama documentary.
>
> It was scary.

<snip inflammatory troll>

Hi chrishollandfag

Please don't hide your light under a bushel like this. People here
deserve to see for themselves what a bonny nature you have.

for example:
<1171667024.2...@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>

or even
<1148517692.5...@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>

and then there are your trusty socks of which these are just a few:

chrishol...@yahoo.com
brother...@yahoo.com
ChrisHoll...@yahoo.com
Reforme...@yahoo.com
chris.h...@btopenworld.com
chol...@minefield.demon.co.uk

The CoS would have little difficulty in finding *your* ruin...

Howard
--
hedmundoatmacmaildotcom

Feisty

Feb 22, 2008, 4:43:39 PM2/22/08

"Eldon" <Eldo...@aol.com> wrote in message

A note about narcissists and feelings, which is interesting about
$cinetology's teachings...

" His emotions are all reactive, not active...They disdain feelings and
sentimental people because they find them to be weak and vulnerable and they
deride human frailties and vulnerabilities."

--Sam Vaknin

As a sidenote, Hubbard used the people that he stole from and without
feelings dumped them:

A narcissist may very well ask you what you want; they'll then use that
information to manipulate you by threatening to withhold what you need and
try to extract more attention and reassurance from you. And this is what
you'll get in return: punishment for having challenged their perfection in
the first place. Threats of abandonment. Accusations. Contempt.

Volney Mathison described it this way:
"The faker who hypnotizes you out of your money is not himself a sane,
whole, and happy man--he is usually operating, puppet-like, on some deep,
uncleared set of sub conscious image patterns as brutal as those of some
stray killer shark.

The power to create and to re-create is within each of us. It is not to be
brought in through the door or the window by the wave of any man's hand, no
matter how good or saintly a man he may in some cases actually be. "

Maureen

Jonathon Barbera

Feb 22, 2008, 5:32:01 PM2/22/08
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 07:37:49 -0800, Tom Newton <t...@server.invalid>
wrote:

I was reluctant to believe the hype, but maybe the tendency to evolve
their methods will lead Anonymous to worse actions than hacking web
sites? I hope not.

They should always consider not only the legal ramifications to
themselves, but to Mark Bunker, their unofficial leader. I'd hate to
see a good guy like Mark go to prison because some masked knucklehead
decided to "take justice into his own hands".

Love,
-- Jonathon

poke...@beer.com

Feb 22, 2008, 5:45:59 PM2/22/08
On Feb 22, 2:32 pm, Jonathon Barbera <jonathonbarb...@ispname.net>
wrote:

Each poster a part of anonymous has told you time and time again we
are merely here to peacefully protest.

Each site representing anonymous or any of its materials also echo the
same.

When on earth are you going to get this through your thick skull?

How many incidents happened on 2/10 ? How many of Anonymous went to
jail?

Again, you're so obviously an OSA operative here solely to distract
people from the real issues at hand. It's patheticly obvious as any
sane person could easily weigh what we've been saying this entire
time. I bet you're STILL convinced we have a leader too?

--------------------------------

We are Anonymous. Join us March 15th at your local Scientology
Store! Drive by and give us a honk!!

If you're uneducated on the Scientology CULT or do not understand what
this outrage is about, please take a few moments to watch this
powerful video: http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

If you've got *more* time on your hands and the above has rightfully
spiked your curiosity, see Tory Magoo's videos. She is an ex-
Scientologist who explains how YOU could get wrapped up in this insane
cult: http://www.xenutv.com/panels/tory-sb.htm

Knowledge sets you FREE. Ignorance is a CHOICE.

PROJECT RECONNECT - MARCH 15TH
Stop forced disconnections! Bring families back together!

poke...@beer.com

Feb 22, 2008, 5:52:43 PM2/22/08
> They should always consider not only the legal ramifications to
> themselves, but to Mark Bunker, their unofficial leader. I'd hate to
> see a good guy like Mark go to prison because some masked knucklehead
> decided to "take justice into his own hands".
>
> Love,
> -- Jonathon

And how on EARTH would Mark Bunker be responsible for ANY action of
ANY anonymous ANYWHERE in the WORLD?

Your logic isn't just flawed, it is OBVIOUSLY non-existent altogether.

So far on ARS you've shown us that:

1. You can't read our replies.
2. You can't listen to logic.
3. You can't intelligently research anything.
4. You can't back up any of your claims with any legitimate sources.
4. You can't intelligently weigh what you're told when you're
corrected numerous times.
5. You will not, under any circumstances, admit there are serious
problems with the cult or its actions.
6. You will not answer direct questions regarding your motivation and/
or goals by posting on ARS
7. You continually pollute us with your driveling attempts to make
Anonymous doubt or fear what they're doing.

Need I continue?

In short: Your existence here is 100% worthless. Until you have
something credible to offer to ANY debate and are able to change your
attitude as a whole, not a single person will take anything you have
to say with more than a grain of salt.

Saddest part?

You're far too intelligent to be completely unaware of this. Yet, you
seem to not mind a bit.

poke...@beer.com

Feb 22, 2008, 5:54:37 PM2/22/08

Stop subject-jacking too you pathetic faggot.

thetansinmyd...@googlemail.com

Feb 22, 2008, 6:44:54 PM2/22/08
On Feb 22, 8:10 pm, Howard <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> london.l...@googlemail.com wrote:
>
> > I watched the BBC Panorama documentary.
>
> > It was scary.
>
> <snip inflammatory troll>
>
> Hi chrishollandfag
>
> Please don't hide your light under a bushel like this. People here
> deserve to see for themselves what a bonny nature you have.
>
> for example:
> <1171667024.205714.213...@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>
>
> or even
> <1148517692.576035.115...@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>

> and then there are your trusty socks of which these are just a few:
>
> chrisholland2...@yahoo.com
> brother.holl...@yahoo.com
> ChrisHollandisb...@yahoo.com
> Reformed.Ch...@yahoo.com
> chris.hollan...@btopenworld.com
> choll...@minefield.demon.co.uk

> The CoS would have little difficulty in finding *your* ruin...
>
> Howard
> --
> hedmundoatmacmaildotcom

Oops! Scienotroll got his arse handed to him!

Gregg Hagglund

Feb 23, 2008, 12:33:26 AM2/23/08
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:00:39 -0800 (PST), Eldon <Eldo...@aol.com>
wrote:

IIRC An "e-Meter" type device was a favorite amusement at gatherings
and parties in the late 30's early 40's. I think someone actually
found and posted a jpg of an ad for the device on ARSBinaries year
ago.

GH SP7

Feisty

Feb 23, 2008, 7:18:07 PM2/23/08

"Gregg Hagglund" <elr...@cogeco.ca> wrote in message

It's here:

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/cos/images/emeter.gif
main: http://www.lisamcpherson.org/cos/

"Electric Lie detector -- A new fun-provoking stunt for parties."

====

Which of course turns into "seeing a thought." etc.. to the unfortunate
party game called terror -interrogator and pretend doctor detecting bad
exterrestrial spirits leading to the cause of all human problems.

And that can be used for the Wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_effect

No replies on the discussion page, time to get to it. :) (the page needs
reorganization eek...)

"Stage hypnotists exploit the ideomotor effect for entertainment value,
convincing volunteers to perform some action without consciously deciding to
do so...The term was first used in a paper discussing the means through
which the Ouija board produced its results, by William Benjamin Carpenter in
1852. In the paper, Carpenter explained his theory that muscular movement
can be independent of conscious desires or emotions."

Maureen