"Scientology ‘in denial’ of illness, says Travolta’s mentor" Sunday Times, UK

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jan 11, 2009, 12:32:14 AM1/11/09
Scientology ‘in denial’ of illness, says Travolta’s mentor
John Harlow, Los Angeles
From The Sunday Times January 11, 2009
Times Online, UK - 7 hours ago
THOUSANDS of members of the Church of Scientology may be suffering
from untreated mental and neurological conditions, according to a
former follower who who taught John Travolta, the Hollywood star.
[..]

Read on for the rest of this terrific article:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5489153.ece

Mary McConnell
ps: Thanks Tory Magoo :)

R. Hill

Jan 11, 2009, 9:03:59 AM1/11/09

Tommy Davis:

"we insist that all people coming into the church have a thorough
checkup by their own doctors before they join us."

Why would a church insists that its new members undergo a "thorough
check-up by their own doctors before they join"? What has the Church of
Scientology to do with medical issues?

--
Ray.

Eldon

Jan 11, 2009, 9:30:51 AM1/11/09
> Read on for the rest of this terrific article:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article54...

> Mary McConnell
> ps: Thanks Tory Magoo :)

That girl really gets around, doesn't she?

Hey Tory, did the Times call you up or just watch your video and quote
from that? Either way, you really have the cult nailed on this issue.
If they do tell people to continue taking anti-seizure meds now,
that's ONLY because you raised hell about it way back when.

banchukita

Jan 11, 2009, 9:31:44 AM1/11/09
On Jan 11, 9:03 am, "R. Hill" <rh...@xenu-directory.net> wrote:
> Out_Of_The_Dark wrote:
> > Scientology ‘in denial’ of illness, says Travolta’s mentor
> > John Harlow, Los Angeles
> > From The Sunday Times January 11, 2009
> > Times Online, UK - 7 hours ago
> > THOUSANDS of members of the Church of Scientology may be suffering
> > from untreated mental and neurological conditions, according to a
> > former follower who who taught John Travolta, the Hollywood star.
> > [..]
>
> > Read on for the rest of this terrific article:
> >http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article54...

> > Mary McConnell
> > ps: Thanks Tory Magoo :)
>
> Tommy Davis:
>
> "we insist that all people coming into the church have a thorough
> checkup by their own doctors before they join us."
>
> Why would a church insists that its new members undergo a "thorough
> check-up by their own doctors before they join"? What has the Church of
> Scientology to do with medical issues?

That statement bothered me, too. What other church does this?

Seems like they're down to Tommy Davis - whatever happened to Heber,
Leisa Goodman, Elaine Seigel, Ben Shaw, Mike Rinder and so many others
who were ordered to spin for the media?

-maggie, human being

> --
> Ray.

Eldon

Jan 11, 2009, 9:49:14 AM1/11/09
On Jan 11, 3:31 pm, banchukita <banchuk...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 11, 9:03 am, "R. Hill" <rh...@xenu-directory.net> wrote:
>

> > Out_Of_The_Dark wrote:
> > > Scientology ‘in denial’ of illness, says Travolta’s mentor
> > > John Harlow, Los Angeles
> > > From The Sunday Times January 11, 2009
> > > Times Online, UK - 7 hours ago
> > > THOUSANDS of members of the Church of Scientology may be suffering
> > > from untreated mental and neurological conditions, according to a
> > > former follower who who taught John Travolta, the Hollywood star.
> > > [..]
>
> > > Read on for the rest of this terrific article:
> > >http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article54...
>
> > > Mary McConnell
> > > ps: Thanks Tory Magoo :)
>
> > Tommy Davis:
>
> > "we insist that all people coming into the church have a thorough
> > checkup by their own doctors before they join us."
>
> > Why would a church insists that its new members undergo a "thorough
> > check-up by their own doctors before they join"? What has the Church of
> > Scientology to do with medical issues?
>
> That statement bothered me, too. What other church does this?

That statement is utter bullshit. The only thing in Scientology that
requires medical clearance that I know of is the Purification Rundown.
People can get approval from wog doctors, I suppose, but Scieno MDs
seem to be preferred. The "medico" in Paris who performed that
formality was (maybe you guessed it!) Claude Boublil. Yes, the very
crackpot OT VIII who kidnapped his sister and put her on the Int
Rundown in Italy.

However, when the Paris CC sent students to Boublil to get his
authorization for them to do the Purif, they neglected to mention that
he was a Scieno, and so did he.

The plot thickens.

> Seems like they're down to Tommy Davis - whatever happened to Heber,
> Leisa Goodman, Elaine Seigel, Ben Shaw, Mike Rinder and so many others
> who were ordered to spin for the media?

Why, the very same thing that happened to 800 of the 1200 Sea Org
members who worked at Gold Base ten years ago (according to Graham
Berry's latest picket report).

barbz

Jan 11, 2009, 10:32:04 AM1/11/09
They have to make sure the sucker isn't gonna be wasting money on stupid
stuff like insulin, cancer treatments, and other meds. You know how
Scientology hates competition for a buck!

Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC

"Every week, every month, every year, every decade and now
every century, Scientology does weird and stupid things
to damage its own reputation."
-Steve Zadarnowski

"Comparing Scientology to a motorcycle gang is a gross, unpardonable
insult to bikers everywhere. Even at our worst, we are never as bad as
Scientology."
-ex-member, Thunderclouds motorcycle "club"

"$cientology sees the world this way: One man with a picket sign:
terrorism. Five thousand people dead in a deliberate inferno: business
opportunity.

$cientology oozes _under_ terrorists to hide."
-Chris Leithiser