OT's and cancer

rattusrattus

Dec 25, 2008, 3:45:30 PM12/25/08
I don't want to sound alarmist, but in the short time I've been
researching scientology one thing stands out...the large amount of
incidents of different types of cancer, as well as birth defects, for
such a small segment of the population.

One reason this connects with me is that I've had cancer, and became
informed on the subect. I know there isn't heathcare in the Co$, which
might explain some of the cases of cancer going undetected until it
was too late to do anythig, but it still seems odd.

It seems to afflict mostly sea org members and staff, which would
suggest an enviromental cause. Has anyone else noticed this? Of
course my information is mostly from ex members, because being ill as
a scientologist is looked at in a very negative way. It also seems
that if you get really ill you get dumped, as this video shows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGtXNhy1xFo&feature=related

So, has anyone else noticed this trend?

Maureen

Dec 25, 2008, 4:53:40 PM12/25/08

Not limited to OT's. imo:

The Lee Report:
http://www.xenu.net/archive/audit/lee.html

Not easily discouraged, Hubbard gathered a small group of loyal
followers. He became interested in a device produced by Volney G.
Mathison, the "electropsychometer" or E-meter (see Chapter 5 for a
full description). Hubbard obtained a franchise from Mathison (later
cancelled), and by December 1952 he was back in the public eye:

Now, the founder of still another cult, he claims to have discovered
the ultimate secrets of life and the universe and to be able to cure
everything including cancer. 26

26. Time Magazine, December 22, 1952.

(...)

In October 1966, the American Cancer Society felt compelled by the
expansion and claims of Scientology to issue a specific warning to its
fifty-eight divisions that it had "found no evidence that treatment
with the E-meter results in any objective benefits in the treatment of
cancer in human beings".

--

Refund and Reparation
http://carolineletkeman.org/sp/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1349&Itemid=150

CA Cancer J Clin 1966;16;214-215
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:02:01 -0700

http://caonline.amcancersoc.org/cgi/reprint/16/5/214

Unproven Methods of Cancer Treatment: Hubbard E-Meter and Hubbard
Electrometer
CA Cancer J Clin 1966;16;214-215

The following statement concerning the Hubbard E-Meter and Hubbard
Electrometer,
proposed by L. Ron Hubbard, Founder, Academy of Scientology, for the
treatment of
many diseases and conditions, including cancer, was recently
distributed to the 58
Divisons of the American Cancer Society for their information.

Hubbard E-Meter and Hubbard Electrometer

After careful study of the literature and other information available
to it, the
American Cancer Society has found no evidence that treatment with the
Hubbard E-Meter
and Hubbard Electrometer results in any objective benefit in the
treatment of cancer
in human beings.

This is based on the following summary of information in the American
Cancer Society
files:

Therapy

Hubbard E-Meters (electroencephaloneuromentimographs) and Hubbard
Electrometers are skin galvanometer-type, battery-operated devices
used by "Scientologists" to "audit"
or listen to people who have problems, including ill health. According
to the Food
and Drug Administration (1) at the time they seized 117 E-Meters and
Electrometers at
the Academy of Scientology in Washington, the accompanying labeling
"falsely"
represented that the devices are effective for the diagnosis,
prevention, treatment,
detection and elimination of the causes of all mental and nervous
disorders such as
neuroses, psychoses, schizophrenia, and all psychosomatic ailments.
Psychosomatic
ailments were represented to include most of the physical ailments of
man such as
arthritis, cancer. . . It was further claimed that the device is
effective in
improving the intelligence quotient, to measure the basal metabolism,
and "change the
state of man. . . .'"

The device itself is connected by 2 wires to a pair of cans which are
held by the
patient or "preclear" while he is being audited. Each is equipped with
knobs and a
large dial with a needle which moves as the person talks. According to
L. Ron
Hubbard, the inventor, "The meter tells you what the preclear's mind
is doing when
the preclear is made to think of something." 2

Scientology, the system for which the E-Meters were invented, is an
outgrowth of
Dianetics, which was first described in a book by L. Ron Hubbard
published in 1950
titled, "Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Healing." In
Dianetics, (from a
Greek word meaning "thought") the conscious mind is called the
"analytical mind" and
the unconscious mind is termed the "reactive mind." "The analytical
mind, Hubbard
maintained, was a perfect computing machine, incapable of error" -
except for
'engrams,' which fouled up the computer. Engrams were recorded on your
"time tract"
by your reactive mind, when your analytical mind wasn't looking."
Dianetics also
"taught" one how to erase engrams by auditing. You 'returned' a person
on his time
track to the time of the engram, and had him talk it out by reliving'
it. Once all
the engrams were erased, a person would be come a 'clear' -- is â
€ highly intelligent,
healthy, with a great zest for life, enormously improved abilities and
a perfect
memory. . . . "2 The same terms and philosophy applied to
Scientology.

Background

Lafayette Ronald (L. Ron) Hubbard, the founder of Dianetics and
Scientology, was born
in 1911 at Tilden, Nebraska. He attended the George Washington
University Engineering
School in Washington, D. C., during the 1930's, but did not graduate.
He has not held
an engineering job, but has been a writer of science fiction and movie
and radio
scripts. "He considers himself an explorer, having made numerous
jaunts around the
globe, in cluding a sojourn in Asia where he studied mysticism. During
the war, he
was a naval officer on destroyer escort duty, and was severely wounded
in action."2
He uses two degrees after his name: D. Sn., Doctor of Scientology, and
a Ph.D. which
he received, he says, "fromSequoia University. This was a Los Angeles
establishment,
once housed in a residential dwelling, whose degrees are not
recognized by any
accredited college or university."2

Following the publication of Hubbard's book in 1950, The Hubbard
Dianetic Research
Foundation was established in Elizabeth, New Jersey, with centers in
the nation's
major cities. The earliest reference in the American Cancer Society
files is a letter
dated February 6, 1951, from Donald H. Rogers, Director of Research
for the
Foundation, offering the Society the opportunity of doing research in
the field of
Dianetics, since "engrams have been discovered which might account for
the physical
symptoms of cancer." In New Jersey, the Foundation was "charged with
violation of
the medical-practice act."2 It moved to Wichita, Kansas, where its
name became The
Hubbard Dianetic Foundation, Inc. In 1953, this Foundation wrote the
Committee on
Cancer Diagnosis and Therapy of the National Research Council offering
them a chance
to cooperate in research on Dianetics and reporting that " we have
seen enough
evidence of a significant nature to indicate that cancer may well be
psychogenic in
character."

"In February 1952, the Dianetic Foundation in Wichita went bankrupt.
It was later
purchased from the bankruptcy court by a Wichita businessman who
refuses to have
anything to do with Hubbard. At the moment (1952), the founder of
Dianetics is
living in Phoenix, Arizona. From there the Hubbard Association of
Scientologists
('Ëœscientology' is a new Hubbardian term, meaning the 'scienceof
knowledge') is
mailing out literature . . . publishing a periodical called
Scientotogy, and selling
a Summary Course in Diane-tics and Scientology, complete with tape
recordings, for
$382.50. The Hubbard College Graduate School, in Phoenix, charges a
registration fee
of $25.00 and offers a degree of Bachelor of Scientology."3

The headquarters of Scientology in 1964 was Saint Hill Manor, " a
traditional old
English mansion that stands behind a high gateway on a quiet Sussex
road some 30
miles south of London."2 From there Hubbard operates the Hubbard
Association of
Scientologists Inter national (H.A.S.I.). Individual Scientology
groups are called
"orgs." Many of the orgs are now chartered as churches."According to
Hubbard he has
'several million' followers in the United States, Canada, Mexico,
South America,
South Africa, Europe, Japan and Australia. . . ."There are also a
number of
Scientology academies, usually coxistent with a large org. In the
United States there
are 2 academies, one in Washington and one in Los Angeles, which train
people in
Scientology, award them certificates of various sorts and send them
out to train
other Scientologists. Saint Hill Manor. . . offers the equivalent of
post-graduate
courses. 'Saint Hill training' is necessary to achieve the top ranks
of H.G.A., which
stands for Hubbard Graduate Auditor. The loftiest of these is an
H.G.A. Class .4. . .
."2

Investigation

On December 8, 1963, an article in the New York Times, titled,
"Australians Look Into
Scientology. Ask if Preclear and Entheta Constitute Medical Fraud,"
reported that a
special board of inquiry had been appointed by the state of Victoria,
Australia, to
investigate "very serious allegations" made in Victoria's Parliament
about the
practice of Scientology there.

It also noted that "Lafayette Ronald Hubbard, 52-year-old founder and
coordinator of
research for the Hubbard Association of Scientology, denied the
Australian charges.
Mr. Hubbard. . . said today [December 7], that the association had
filed libel suits
in Melbourne totaling the equivalent of $700,000 but he declined to
say against
which. Scientologists, he insisted, are not permitted to 'treat'
persons for
illnesses. He said that some persons who had taken courses in
scientology had tried
to set up practice, but that 'where we see this happening we cut these
people off.'

Federal Action

"A seizure of 100 'scientology' devices charged misbranded by claims
that they are
good for detecting, treating and preventing disease was made during
December" 1962,
according to the FDA Report on Enforcement and Compliance, January,
1963.
"U.S.Marshals seized the 'Hubbard Electrometer' and 'Hubbard E-Meter'
devices at the
Academy of Scientology, The Distribution Center, Inc., and The Hubbard
Guidance
Center, both in Washington, D.C. . . . Also seized as labeling
containing therapeutic
claims charged to be false was a variety of literature. . . ."

"The Scientologists claimed religious persecution, showering
congressmen and the
White House with angry letters and telegrams. . . At Saint Hill Manor
Hubbard focused
on the book seizures, which he referred to as 'book
burning.' . . .Scientology has
appealed the FDA seizure in court, and the case will go to trial
sometime this
year."2

References

1. Proceedings, Second National Congress on Medical Quackery, October
25-26,1963.
Speech.by K. L. Milstead,Ph.D.,etat.
2. Saturday Evening Post,March 27, 1964.
3. In Time Name of Science, by Martin Gardner,
p.280 (New York, 1952).

=====

Downloaded from caonline.amcancersoc.org by guest on September 22,
2007 (©American
Cancer Society, Inc.)

Out_Of_The_Dark

Dec 25, 2008, 6:33:54 PM12/25/08

Arnie Lerma, Lermanet.com
Post subject: E-meter and Cancer
There is an undisputably notable incidence of cancer amongst long time
scientologists, especially "OT"s who hang onto the e-meter electrodes
for hours a day, day after day, getting rid of Hubbard's hypnotically
suggested body thetans... see http://www.whyaretheydead.net and note
how many cancers are listed there, and that list is far from
complete...
(see his article with diagrams here)
http://ocmb.lermanet.us/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=353

rattusrattus

Dec 25, 2008, 6:48:59 PM12/25/08
Thanks for the information, everyone.

It really is strange the amount of serious illness among the long term
members. It's seems statiscally out of whack, compared to the
population as a whole.

LaserClam

Dec 25, 2008, 10:42:42 PM12/25/08
On Dec 25, 3:45 pm, rattusrattus <ratzin...@att.net> wrote:
> I don't want to sound alarmist, but in the short time I've been
> researching scientology one thing stands out...the large amount of
> incidents of different types of cancer, as well as birth defects, for
> such a small segment of the population.
> One reason this connects with me is that I've had cancer, and became
> informed on the subect. I know there isn't heathcare in the Co$, which
> might explain some of the cases of cancer going undetected until it
> was too late to do anythig, but it still seems odd.
> It seems to afflict mostly sea org members and staff, which would
> suggest an enviromental cause.  Has anyone else noticed this? Of
> course my  information is mostly from ex members, because being ill as
> a scientologist is looked at in a very negative way. It also seems
> that if you get really ill you get dumped

How does this compared to the
number of Catholics who get cancer?

rattusrattus

Dec 25, 2008, 10:54:04 PM12/25/08
>How does this compared to the number of Catholics who get cancer?

It seems a lot higher for Scientologists...this story just in today:

Thursday, December 25, 2008; Page B06

Traci Williams; Actress With Outreach Troupe

washingtonpost.com

"..Traci L. Williams, 45, an actress and arts educator with Living
Stage Theatre Company from 1985 to 1995 and more recently an
administrator with the Church of Scientology, died Dec. 14 of cancer
at the Washington Home hospice. She lived in the District.

From 1995 until earlier this year, Ms. Williams worked with the Church
of Scientology. She was director for community outreach and education
programs in New York, executive director of the church's Harlem
foundation, also in New York, and director of quality assurance for
the church's counselor training program in Los Angeles.

Ms. Williams was born in Washington, attended the University of
Chicago Laboratory School and graduated in 1981 from Walt Whitman High
School in Bethesda. She served as a student representative on the
Montgomery County Board of Education.

She received her undergraduate degree in theater in 1985 from Oberlin
College. She performed with the Karamu House Theatre Company in
Cleveland, Staunch Poets and Players in London and Back Alley Theatre
in the District and also appeared in TV commercials and corporate
films. She studied African drumming and dancing with the Wo'se African
Dance Theatre in Guinea, West Africa.

Her marriage to Willie Fink ended in divorce.

Survivors include her father and stepmother, Eddie N. Williams and
Jearline F. Williams of Washington; a brother, Edward L. Williams of
Baltimore; and a stepbrother, Terrence A. Reddick of
Washington. ' '
-- Joe Holley

Message has been deleted

rattusrattus

Dec 25, 2008, 11:11:13 PM12/25/08
Catholic Church 1,100,000,000 vs 40-50,000 scientologists world
wide....these numbers are approximations.

It would seem, due to lack of heath care, that scientologists are more
likely to die
from disease than other groups that aren't similarly restricted.

phil scott

Dec 25, 2008, 11:28:10 PM12/25/08

arnaldo has a lot of material on his web site, also commonly known
about cancer,,, that cancerous tissue is very often laden
with calcium,,, a metal, and that the trickle charge provided by the
emeter would be inciinded to plate out in the bodys most conductive
tissues, nerve tissue... it is also the nerve tissue in cancers that
is laden with the calcium not surrounding tissue,

the lengthy use of the meter pre day on the OT level, often hours a
day, exceeds the net coulombs of current administered in electric
shock
arnie is in the electronics business and has included the math,

Additionally it seems to be brain cancers killing the scns the
fastest, the brain of course acts as a capacitor (storage_} of
electrons as the pass through the body wien holding onto the cans.
No one has done it yet but electroplating mathematics might be
interesting when applied in this case because calcium is a conductive
metal and could be driven into the tissues by any current flow and
that current flow is privided by the meter

the bones of course are made of calcium and it migrates way easily (as
in osteoporosis)

also. such current flow releases endorphines, feel good brain
chemicals, making use of the emeter addictive it seems

Phil scott

Eldon

Dec 26, 2008, 7:06:02 AM12/26/08

I don't think there's anything very mysterious about it.

Of the environmental factors likely to give Scientologists cancer, the
most obvious is the asbestos contamination of the Freewinds. However,
they are generally oblivious to environmental hazards, since they
believe auditing will cure anything. There are many miscellaneous
reports of people working in contaminated areas without proper
protection.

Another factor is the high prevalence of smoking. There's no reason to
stop, since Hubbard the Kools addict said people were more likely to
get cancer if they stopped.

Add to that the fact that Sea Org members are likely to be
malnourished if they're feed only rice and beans for long periods of
time. That diet is deficient in certain essential vitamins and
antioxidants.

Scientologists -- especially Sea Org members -- tend to neglect
medical care. If they do get sick, they visit Scientologist
Chiropractors, Naturopaths or Osteopaths. Early symptoms of cancer are
likely to be overlooked or treated with nutrition, auditing and other
ineffective methods. Those attempts might even produce a temporary
placebo effect that makes them think the "treatment" is working.

Once it's obvious they have cancer, at a certain point they will be
declared PTS, and summarily tossed out on the street to fend for
themselves (in the US, at least; this may vary in countries where
Scientology is treated as a business). That is bound to be
demoralizing, and can only make things worse.

I may have missed a point or two, but I think that's a credible
rationale that might explain the phenomenon.

rattusrattus

Dec 28, 2008, 2:20:18 AM12/28/08
Here is another cancer death...maybe there should be a database for
this stuff...

"...I'd like to bring to your attention the hidden death of ANZO SO
member Colin Gow.
Some details remain sketchy but here's what I know;
Colin was a wonderful character, a Chinese-Australian, who served the
SO and CofS faithfully for over 15 years.
He was very well known and loved in Sydney.
He died some time ago after a horrendous battle with cancer of the
jaw. He was in his 30s, I believe, and prior to the cancer would have
been considered to be in the prime of his life.
Colin was posted away from Sydney to South Africa to assist with the
Bridge flow to the AO. Whilst in SA he had dental problems,
undoubtedly the result of inadequate dental care over the preceding 15
years of SO service. A molar became infected but he was unable to get
funds or approval for proper treatment. He soldiered on regardless of
the constant pain and continued to produce on post.
Time passed, his molar rotted, the abscess and infection worsened...
it became cancer of the jaw.
I met him again near the end of his life after many years of not
seeing him, we had always been good friends in happier days. He either
couldn't or didn't want to talk about it. We held hands, I hugged him,
we both cried.
He was shunted away from all lines and placed in a hospice to die, he
ended his days there.
I went to talk to another friend who had been helping him with the
dressing of his cancerous facial wounds, she was in tears too.
We were both crying over the same thing, the senseless waste of a
brilliant young man's life for the want of $200 in dental treatment!
Colin's Chinese family were understandably outraged at the
mistreatment their beloved son had received after giving half of his
life in service to the CofS. I agree with their rancor completely.
I don't recall any mention of his death, funeral, or the circumstances
leading up to his death ever being made public until now. (I may be
wrong about this).
I know one thing with absolute certainty; as far as the SO is
concerned, he's not coming back!
Rest in Peace, Colin."

phil scott

Dec 28, 2008, 12:12:16 PM12/28/08

One of the many sad stories coming from inside the criminal cult of
scientology, and why it is now the incredible shrinking cult of an
insane psychopath.
... and insane long before many and myself thought at one time...but
insane from the late 40's forward according the many accounts of his
ex wives and other family members, and history with Jack parsons
during the war (on the satanic side of life, which became the core
root of scientology, symbols and all)

Rest in Peace Colin Gow, your story goes on... and its saving lives as
you had tried to do in life

Phil scott

rattusrattus

Dec 28, 2008, 5:43:37 PM12/28/08

All that scientology amounts to is lrh disseminating
his mental illness via the written word...

"...rattusrattus is defamation spamming rat." -Barbara Schwarz

Kat

Dec 28, 2008, 5:54:38 PM12/28/08

Maybe a subforum of whyaretheydead? I seem to recall a cancer death
listed there already. Specifically tracking cancer deaths with
Freewinds customers might be an idea too, if it hasnt been done
already.

This kind of story is too sad for words, and why I and so many of my
friends protest. So many lives needlessly lost.

phil scott

Dec 28, 2008, 8:37:19 PM12/28/08

we lets it all hang out on ARS, thats been bullet proof... attempts at
sub forums etc have just spit off the readership. the subs die off.
remaining is ARS and the web sites.. a few have message boards
though, clambake the most successful but its heavily screened so
misses many
otherwise good posts, the good stuff is usually copied to this NG.

> This kind of story is too sad for words, and why I and so many of my

> friends protest. So many lives needlessly lost.- Hide quoted text -

It is people like yourself that keep crap like the cult of scientology
from getting a tighter grip on the culture

Phil scott

Kat

Dec 28, 2008, 9:06:48 PM12/28/08
On Dec 28, 8:37 pm, phil scott <p...@philscott.net> wrote:
> we lets it all hang out on ARS, thats been bullet proof... attempts at
> sub forums etc have just spit off the readership. the subs die off.
> remaining is ARS and the web sites..  a few have message boards
> though,  clambake the most successful but its heavily screened so
> misses many
> otherwise good posts, the good stuff is usually copied to this NG.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a cleaner compillation though. Something easy to
look at for the layperson to look at. *shrug* Writing and researching
I am good at, making snazzy websites I am not. Forum trolling is not
for all, which is why sites that lay it all out nice and neat like
"whyaretheydead" are kinda spiffy for quick reference.

phil scott

Dec 28, 2008, 11:12:08 PM12/28/08
On Dec 28, 2:54 pm, Kat <ladyas...@comcast.net> wrote:
> friends protest. So many lives needlessly lost.- Hide quoted text -

the incubation time on asbestos is in the 40 to 50 year range...so it
wont show for decades.
the cult will be a footnote by then.

Phil scott

phil scott

Dec 28, 2008, 11:15:29 PM12/28/08

yes.. many of us post the links in our sig files

www.whyaretheyalldead.com ? or is it. net etc.
www.lermanet.com
www.torymagoo.org
www.xenu.net
www.xenu.com

I used to have a list of such links I posted

you can roll yer own any time, or link to specific articles in such
sites.

Phil scott

rattusrattus

Dec 30, 2008, 2:58:56 PM12/30/08