CCHR to launch major psych protest at convention of APA.

Astrid...@yahoo.com

Apr 27, 2009, 1:07:17 PM4/27/09
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/04/anonymous_plans_counter-protes.php

May 16th through 24th at Mascone Center, in San Francisco, annual
meeting of the American Psychiatric Association, with 20,000 members
attending.

CCHR has plans to picket it with 2000 people, and set up their
PSYCHIATRY: INDUSTRY OF DEATH exhibit for the week of its run.

Anonymous may have plans for counter protest. Frankly, I don't think
it is necessary. It is time for the APA to see their silly enemy in
full force, and do something about it. That is, use a fraction of
their time and wealth to expose the fraud and abuses in Scientology.

Tigger

Apr 27, 2009, 1:53:40 PM4/27/09
On Apr 27, 12:07 pm, Astrid7777...@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/04/anonymous_plans_counter-p...

> May 16th through 24th at Mascone Center, in San Francisco, annual
> meeting of the American Psychiatric Association, with 20,000 members
> attending.
>
> CCHR has plans to picket it with 2000 people, and set up their
> PSYCHIATRY: INDUSTRY OF DEATH exhibit for the week of its run.
>
> Anonymous may have plans for counter protest. Frankly, I don't think
> it is necessary. It is time for the APA to see their silly enemy in
> full force, and do something about it. That is, use a fraction of
> their time and wealth to expose the fraud and abuses in Scientology.

San Francisco - The Snitch - Anonymous Plans Counter-Protest of
Scientology's Protest of Psychiatry Convention in San Francisco:

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/04/anonymous_plans_counter-protes.php

Eldon

Apr 27, 2009, 2:32:07 PM4/27/09
> May 16th through 24th at Mascone Center, in San Francisco, annual
> meeting of the American Psychiatric Association, with 20,000 members
> attending.
>
> CCHR has plans to picket it with 2000 people, and set up their
> PSYCHIATRY: INDUSTRY OF DEATH exhibit for the week of its run.

My estimate is that they'll be lucky to get 200, assuming they attempt
to drag in Scilons from the South Bay, Sacramento and LA.

> Anonymous may have plans for counter protest. Frankly, I don't think
> it is necessary. It is time for the APA to see their silly enemy in
> full force, and do something about it. That is, use a fraction of
> their time and wealth to expose the fraud and abuses in Scientology.

The APA isn't likely to do anything. I'll be quite happy to see
Anonymous picket the Industry of Death exhibit.

barbz

Apr 28, 2009, 12:06:44 AM4/28/09

"Necessary" doesn't matter. But there must be lulz!

--
Barb
Chaplain, ARSCCwdne

"Can you vandalize a private pansy on public property? "
--Graham Berry, Esq.

Eldon

Apr 28, 2009, 5:10:27 AM4/28/09

Hmmm.... well, if I were there, I would borrow an e-meter from someone
I know who still has one, connect the leads to both sides of my temple
with patches of mylar tape and then have someone "electroshock" me by
manipulating the tone arm.

Think that would impress anybody?