Another "OT" bites the dust

Magoo

Jan 11, 2002, 2:48:22 PM1/11/02
In all seriousness, I am very sorry to report one more "OT" has died
recently. Her name you will know as
Susan McDonald. Remember? She wrote that really cool resignation letter
right around when I left, in July of 2000.

Her real name is Carol South.
Sadly, she died a week ago from Cancer. Oh! I hate how many people I know In
Scientology who have died from Cancer. One of my best friends died of Cancer
too.

Anyways, Greg and Deb Barnes went to the funeral, and told me it was OK to
post this message about Carol.

Greg told me at the funeral were both Scientologists and X-Scientologists.
She had resigned, but I guess her friends didn't know it. So she left a
letter to be opened after the funeral....telling them everything.

What a surprise that will be.

Congratulations to her for going out in style. She made a difference and I
know helped many people with that resignation letter.

She will be missed, by many, I am sure.

I didn't know her personally, but I love that she told her friends in that
letter. That's cool!

I lit a candle for her tonight, just to help light the way......:)

My best,

Tory/Magoo~dancing in the light!

Roland

Jan 11, 2002, 3:19:31 AM1/11/02
This is sad. But while we are on the subject then why is it that all OT's
seem to die of cancer? Is there a statistical significance to this? Perhaps
there is a reason behind it. I don't believe Arnie's theory that it is due
to the current from the e-meter over the course of years. But maybe OT's
ignore worrying medical symptoms so that they will not get into trouble with
the Church and have their auditing interrupted or be routed on expensive
corrective auditing. Or maybe they think they can intend it away. Or maybe
their Church tells them they are not allowed to see a doctor. Or maybe being
in the Church for a long time you deep down know it is rotten and the stress
is there all the time and this affects a person's health. But maybe most
people in sedentary jobs die of cancer these days. I am the highest level OT
in this universe so maybe I can look forward to the same fate. But then I
live in Walthamstow and just going for a walk after dark is pretty
dangerous.

The only OT I know of who died a different way was that guy who listened to
L. Ron Hubbard tapes while jogging on the railroad.
--
Clear Cognition: "I am mocking up my own reactive mind" ~$40,000
OT8 cognition: "Now I know who I am NOT and am interested in finding out who

"Magoo" <mag...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Phil Scott

Jan 10, 2002, 11:05:26 AM1/10/02
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:19:31 -0000, "Roland" <roland.rash...@virgin.net>
wrote:

>This is sad. But while we are on the subject then why is it that all OT's
>seem to die of cancer? Is there a statistical significance to this? Perhaps
>there is a reason behind it. I don't believe Arnie's theory that it is due
>to the current from the e-meter over the course of years.

You might want to read the entire range of data... there does seem to be a
direct correlation. the current flow actually plating out calcium in the nerve
channels. Time magazine july 17th issue, 2000, maybe 2001 has an article
abotu alzheimers and the studies that is intersting in that regard a well. its
seems the more the nerve channels are used (flow current) the more plaque they
create between the nerve fibers and the mylin sheath. these have been connected
directly to cancers by these researchers and by the Dr Arnie quotes.
(Nordenstrom)

Phil Scott

Roland

Jan 11, 2002, 4:20:16 AM1/11/02
Then what will happen to those people using an "electric gymn"? Sort of
strap around electrodes that exercise people's muscles. These must be
passing very much higher currents and if people wear these for an hour a day
then they would be getting a much higher exposure than from e-meters.

--
Clear Cognition: "I am mocking up my own reactive mind" ~$40,000
OT8 cognition: "Now I know who I am NOT and am interested in finding out who
I am" ~$200,000

"Phil Scott" <phils...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Ted Mayett

Jan 11, 2002, 9:50:34 AM1/11/02
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:19:31 -0000, "Roland"
<roland.rash...@virgin.net> wrote:

>This is sad. But while we are on the subject then why is it that all OT's
>seem to die of cancer? Is there a statistical significance to this? Perhaps
>there is a reason behind it.

I thought the reason was The Freewinds, the ship. They go aboard the
ship to do ot events and courses, maybe auditing. And while there
they breathe in Blue Asbestos and that gives them cancer and then they
die from the cancer.

Heffer

Jan 11, 2002, 10:17:17 AM1/11/02
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:05:26 GMT, phils...@hotmail.com (Phil Scott)
wrote:

>You might want to read the entire range of data... there does seem to be a
>direct correlation. the current flow actually plating out calcium in the nerve
>channels. Time magazine july 17th issue, 2000, maybe 2001 has an article
>abotu alzheimers and the studies that is intersting in that regard a well. its
>seems the more the nerve channels are used (flow current) the more plaque they
>create between the nerve fibers and the mylin sheath. these have been connected
>directly to cancers by these researchers and by the Dr Arnie quotes.
>(Nordenstrom)

I'll buy that argument about the same time I buy the mobile
phone and high voltage power line ones.

Heffer

Roland

Jan 11, 2002, 10:19:57 AM1/11/02
"Ted Mayett" <ted-m...@skylink.net> wrote in message

But we don't know which form of cancer they get.

--
Clear Cognition: "I am mocking up my own reactive mind" ~$40,000
OT8 cognition: "Now I know who I am NOT and am interested in

finding out who I am" ~$200,000

ptsc

Jan 11, 2002, 10:35:36 AM1/11/02

Blue asbestos causes a specific kind of lung cancer called mesothelioma. While
I've heard of deaths from cancer, I'm not aware of a single death from
mesothelioma--of course it can take over thirty years to develop.

ptsc

Revd. Norle Enturbulata

Jan 11, 2002, 10:45:56 AM1/11/02

"Roland" <roland.rash...@virgin.net> wrote in message

> "Ted Mayett" <ted-m...@skylink.net> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:19:31 -0000, "Roland"
> > <roland.rash...@virgin.net> wrote:
> >
> > >This is sad. But while we are on the subject then why is it that all
OT's
> > >seem to die of cancer? Is there a statistical significance to this?
> Perhaps
> > >there is a reason behind it.
> >
> > I thought the reason was The Freewinds, the ship. They go aboard the
> > ship to do ot events and courses, maybe auditing. And while there
> > they breathe in Blue Asbestos and that gives them cancer and then they
> > die from the cancer.
>
> But we don't know which form of cancer they get.

I'll bet they don't either, just the coroner figures it out, if their care
is from clam doctors...

Tilman Hausherr

Jan 11, 2002, 11:34:30 AM1/11/02
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:48:22 -0800, "Magoo" <mag...@worldnet.att.net>
wrote in <3c3e...@news2.lightlink.com>:

>In all seriousness, I am very sorry to report one more "OT" has died
>recently. Her name you will know as
>Susan McDonald. Remember? She wrote that really cool resignation letter
>right around when I left, in July of 2000.

I searched google, it was a "doubt announcement".
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=944jau%245bi%241%40nnrp1.deja.com

>Her real name is Carol South.

Oh. I have a "Carol Lee South" here: http://www.clsouth.com
She worked at AMC, and did also some scientologist websites.
According to Source #113, she did OT3.

Here is a picture:
http://www.clsouth.com/portfolio/founderinfo.htm

It is a friendly face, most likely done in a professional studio.

--
Tilman Hausherr [KoX, SP5.55] Entheta * Enturbulation * Entertainment
til...@berlin.snafu.de http://www.xenu.de

Resistance is futile. You will be enturbulated. Xenu always prevails.

Find broken links on your web site: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
The Xenu bookstore: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/bookstore.html

roger gonnet

Jan 11, 2002, 11:55:53 AM1/11/02

"Roland" <roland.rash...@virgin.net> a écrit dans le message de
news: bfx%7.16025$X87.2...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com...

> This is sad. But while we are on the subject then why is it that all OT's
> seem to die of cancer? Is there a statistical significance to this?
Perhaps
> there is a reason behind it. I don't believe Arnie's theory that it is due
> to the current from the e-meter over the course of years. But maybe OT's
> ignore worrying medical symptoms so that they will not get into trouble
with
> the Church and have their auditing interrupted or be routed on expensive
> corrective auditing.

sure both can be: imagine that you are always thuinking that every somatic
is a BT or a clsuter, that's insane. You go to the hospital only if hald
dead, then, because you no longer "believe" that medicine can cure anything
to anybody, you neglect the symptoms.

Besides, lots of them do smoke a lot; since it's supposed to cure cancer.

roger

roger gonnet

Jan 11, 2002, 11:57:48 AM1/11/02

"Tilman Hausherr" <til...@berlin.snafu.de> a écrit dans le message de news:
ip4u3ukvmdugb8g68...@4ax.com...

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:48:22 -0800, "Magoo" <mag...@worldnet.att.net>
> wrote in <3c3e...@news2.lightlink.com>:
>
> >In all seriousness, I am very sorry to report one more "OT" has died
> >recently. Her name you will know as
> >Susan McDonald. Remember? She wrote that really cool resignation letter
> >right around when I left, in July of 2000.
>
> I searched google, it was a "doubt announcement".
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=944jau%245bi%241%40nnrp1.deja.com
>
> >Her real name is Carol South.
>
> Oh. I have a "Carol Lee South" here: http://www.clsouth.com
> She worked at AMC, and did also some scientologist websites.
> According to Source #113, she did OT3.
>
> Here is a picture:
> http://www.clsouth.com/portfolio/founderinfo.htm
>
> It is a friendly face, most likely done in a professional studio.

Pretty girl, rather sympa, yes.

You say AMC publishing? Still a victim of the Bennetta's 'ethics'handlings,
perhaps?

roger

Chris Leithiser

Jan 11, 2002, 12:15:32 PM1/11/02
Magoo wrote:

> In all seriousness, I am very sorry to report one more "OT" has died
> recently. Her name you will know as
> Susan McDonald. Remember? She wrote that really cool resignation letter
> right around when I left, in July of 2000.

At least she died free, Tory.

barb

Jan 11, 2002, 12:25:37 PM1/11/02

Another factor could be belief in the old standby; "Scientology Can Help
You With That." The Scientology Organization has no qualms about lying
to people about the efficacy of its "services." If the individual dies,
they can at least make a grab for their savings. The pity of it is,
disease from asbestos exposure takes a long time to develop. It would be
very hard to pin a death on a voyage on the Freewinds. However, I do
wonder, if it were looked for how many OTs would show evidence of
asbestosis during an autopsy? And could the asbestos molecules be linked
to the Freewinds asbestos? Great strides have been made in forensic
sciences in the past decade. Where's Quincy when you need him?
--
Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC

"Every week, every month, every year, every decade and now
every century, Scientology does weird and stupid things
to damage its own reputation."
-Steve Zadarnowski

"Comparing Scientology to a motorcycle gang is a gross, unpardonable
insult to bikers everywhere. Even at our worst, we are never as bad as
Scientology."
-ex-member, Thunderclouds motorcycle "club"

"$cientology sees the world this way: One man with a picket sign:
terrorism. Five thousand people dead in a deliberate inferno: business
opportunity.

$cientology oozes _under_ terrorists to hide."
-Chris Leithiser

Rawley

Jan 11, 2002, 1:44:56 PM1/11/02

> Then what will happen to those people using an "electric gymn"? Sort of
> strap around electrodes that exercise people's muscles. These must be
> passing very much higher currents and if people wear these for an hour
> a day then they would be getting a much higher exposure than from
> e-meters. --

Better get one now so you can get in on the law suits in 10 years.

-Rawley

Phil Scott

Jan 10, 2002, 8:09:20 PM1/10/02
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:20:16 -0000, "Roland" <roland.rash...@virgin.net>
wrote:

>Then what will happen to those people using an "electric gymn"? Sort of
>strap around electrodes that exercise people's muscles. These must be
>passing very much higher currents and if people wear these for an hour a day
>then they would be getting a much higher exposure than from e-meters.

there is some evidence that all such devices are a problem...as well as currents
induced by high voltage electrical equipment.

Vested interests on both sides are trying to smoke over the issues... the
science though is honing in on the actual scene. It does appear there is a
problem... to what degree remains to be seen.

Sort of like the nuclear power issues, they DO leak radiation... about 1/100 th
as much as a coal burning power plant (coal has noticeable amounts of
radioactives in it). But you dont hear about the coal plants on that issue
because its not relevant to those who wish to trash nuclear power (on a range
of both bogus and real issues).

Phil Scott

Phil Scott

Jan 10, 2002, 8:16:23 PM1/10/02
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:25:37 -0800, barb <bwa...@home.com> wrote:

>Ted Mayett wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:19:31 -0000, "Roland"
>> <roland.rash...@virgin.net> wrote:
>>
>> >This is sad. But while we are on the subject then why is it that all OT's
>> >seem to die of cancer? Is there a statistical significance to this? Perhaps
>> >there is a reason behind it.
>>
>> I thought the reason was The Freewinds, the ship. They go aboard the
>> ship to do ot events and courses, maybe auditing. And while there
>> they breathe in Blue Asbestos and that gives them cancer and then they
>> die from the cancer.
>
>Another factor could be belief in the old standby; "Scientology Can Help
>You With That." The Scientology Organization has no qualms about lying
>to people about the efficacy of its "services." If the individual dies,
>they can at least make a grab for their savings. The pity of it is,
>disease from asbestos exposure takes a long time to develop. It would be
>very hard to pin a death on a voyage on the Freewinds. However, I do
>wonder, if it were looked for how many OTs would show evidence of
>asbestosis during an autopsy? And could the asbestos molecules be linked
>to the Freewinds asbestos? Great strides have been made in forensic
>sciences in the past decade. Where's Quincy when you need him?

Not on a visitor, not enough of the sample to test. But for the hundreds of
staff that worked the reno's... you can bet there will be very significant
deposits in thier lungs.... If I had worked the reno's Id have a lung biopsy
done now looking for the material. Its legally actionable exposure to a known
carcinogen, regardless if you are dead from it yet or not.

Phil Scott

Phil Scott

Jan 10, 2002, 8:20:23 PM1/10/02

Fine. there were people, actually armies of people, and thousands of scientists
that took the same stand on aspbestos when the issue was developing, and on
hundreds of other issues, saturated fat, cigarettes, etc....

You are fully welcome hold a similar opinion on the issues mentioned above. Id
suggest though that there is lot of research on the subjects you might wish to
familiarize yourself with first... and possibly gain some a wider insight on the
bio chemisry involved.

Phil Scott

Human Rights Defense (ShyDavid)

Jan 11, 2002, 8:52:46 PM1/11/02
<mag...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> In all seriousness, I am very sorry to report one more "OT" has died
> recently. Her name you will know as
> Susan McDonald. Remember? She wrote that really cool resignation letter
> right around when I left, in July of 2000.
>
> Her real name is Carol South.
> Sadly, she died a week ago from Cancer. Oh! I hate how many people I know In
> Scientology who have died from Cancer. One of my best friends died of Cancer
> too.

Kind of makes one wonder if all these dead "OTs" spent time on
_Freewinds_ which is the Scientology death ship with all the blue
asbestos.

----
http://www.prozac.com
http://www.paxil.com
http://www.celexa.com
http://www.zoloft.com

"Your days coming mother fucker." --- Keith E. Wyatt, Scientology Inc. spokesperson

Magoo

Jan 12, 2002, 3:42:02 PM1/12/02
No...

It's not just the Freewinds, for I know too many who died of Cancer who
never went to the Freewinds.
It has something to do with NOTS I am pretty sure. That seems to be the
biggest band where people die in.

Suggestion for Scios? Skip NOTS-Save your life, AND your $$$

Love to all,

Tory/Magoo~dancin in thelight!
"Human Rights Defense (ShyDavid)" <HR-De...@aol.com> wrote in message

Rev. Fredric L. Rice

Jan 11, 2002, 6:44:21 AM1/11/02
Xenu allowed phils...@hotmail.com (Phil Scott) to write:

>On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:20:16 -0000, "Roland" <roland.rash...@virgin.net>
>wrote:

>>Then what will happen to those people using an "electric gymn"? Sort of
>>strap around electrodes that exercise people's muscles. These must be
>>passing very much higher currents and if people wear these for an hour a day
>>then they would be getting a much higher exposure than from e-meters.

>there is some evidence that all such devices are a problem...as well as currents
>induced by high voltage electrical equipment.

In my paper archives I've got a report which looks at EM emissions
from everyday electrical devices and 50KVolt and 75KVolt power lines.
The report shows that an electrical current can be easily induced to
flow through human bodies in close proximity however the report found
that all such non-ionizing radiations are harmless.

-- You love drugs! You love drugs, don't you?! You better
not say anything about my mother! Don't you DARE say anything
about my mother! -- Scientology's International President (Audio
files of this nutter at http://www.linkline.com/personal/frice
"What is the name of scientology's secret books?" -- a.r.s. query
"Mein Kampf." -- David Rice

Ed

Jan 12, 2002, 1:48:21 PM1/12/02

Magoo wrote:

> No...
>
> It's not just the Freewinds, for I know too many who died of Cancer who
> never went to the Freewinds.
> It has something to do with NOTS I am pretty sure. That seems to be the
> biggest band where people die in.

I think so many Scns get cancer because they have been
indoctrinated to believe that they are prisoners on a prison planet
and that bodies are BAD. They have been taught to hate their bodies
and they resent being trapped in them. Wiser people treat their bodies
with respect and kindness because you can get more out of a lifetime
if you're healthy and in harmony than if you resent being here. And
just as Moslem and Christian cults have promised their true believers
that heaven is waiting for them, Scns are willing to look ahead to
their futures after this lifetime at the cost of screwing up this one.

Ed

JimDBB

Jan 12, 2002, 2:03:15 PM1/12/02
>Subject: Re: Another "OT" bites the dust
>From: Ed met...@aol.com
>Date: 1/12/02 12:48 PM Central

>> It's not just the Freewinds, for I know too many who died of Cancer who
>> never went to the Freewinds.
>> It has something to do with NOTS I am pretty sure. That seems to be the
>> biggest band where people die in.

> I think so many Scns get cancer because they have been
>indoctrinated to believe that they are prisoners on a prison planet
>and that bodies are BAD. They have been taught to hate their bodies
>and they resent being trapped in them. Wiser people treat their bodies
>with respect and kindness because you can get more out of a lifetime
>if you're healthy and in harmony than if you resent being here. And
>just as Moslem and Christian cults have promised their true believers
>that heaven is waiting for them, Scns are willing to look ahead to
>their futures after this lifetime at the cost of screwing up this one.
>
>Ed

Makes sense, Ed. thanks.

Jimdbb

Message has been deleted

Boudewijn van Ingen

Jan 12, 2002, 3:35:23 PM1/12/02
On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:48:21 -0500, Ed <met...@aol.com> wrote:

>Magoo wrote:
>>
>> No...
>>
>> It's not just the Freewinds, for I know too many who died of Cancer who
>> never went to the Freewinds.
>> It has something to do with NOTS I am pretty sure. That seems to be the
>> biggest band where people die in.
>>
> I think so many Scns get cancer because they have been
>indoctrinated to believe that they are prisoners on a prison planet
>and that bodies are BAD. They have been taught to hate their bodies
>and they resent being trapped in them.

No doubt this makes sense. But it is worse than that. As a heamophiliac, I
too have some reason to be not too happy with the body I have. But I was
never taught that the failures of my body were my own fault. And what's more
important, I was never told that anything that's wrong with my body could be
'cured' by some wierd process called 'auditing'...

Also, I have the advantage to not base my beliefs on the insane utterings of
a lunatic who claimed that smoking would cure cancer...

Groeten,
Boudewijn.
"Faith doesn't move mountains: it levels buildings." -- David Rice

ladayla

Jan 12, 2002, 3:51:27 PM1/12/02
In article <3c3f...@news2.lightlink.com>, "Magoo" says...

I've thought about this, too. It has occurred to me that in Nots, a pre-ot is
visualizing mass and so forth. If you visualize some mass or BT/Cl in or on your
body, or specific body part much, I think that it becomes more solid.
Truthfully, I haven't thought this through, so I'm just throwing the idea of
visualization in here to be looked at by anyone who's interested.
la

Sam Rouse

Jan 13, 2002, 3:37:21 PM1/13/02
In article <a1q7k...@drn.newsguy.com>, ladayla <ladayla...@newsguy.com>
wrote:

> I've thought about this, too. It has occurred to me that in Nots, a pre-ot
> is
> visualizing mass and so forth. If you visualize some mass or BT/Cl in or on
> your
> body, or specific body part much, I think that it becomes more solid.
> Truthfully, I haven't thought this through, so I'm just throwing the idea
> of
> visualization in here to be looked at by anyone who's interested.
> la

Interesting observation. It does sound like the reverse of the sort of
visualization techniques espoused by Bernie Siegel et al.

Does this mean that the final cog of an OT is "I mocked up my cancer"?

Ed

Jan 13, 2002, 9:22:58 PM1/13/02

ladayla wrote:

> In article <3c3f...@news2.lightlink.com>, "Magoo" says...
>
> I've thought about this, too. It has occurred to me that in Nots, a pre-ot is
> visualizing mass and so forth. If you visualize some mass or BT/Cl in or on your
> body, or specific body part much, I think that it becomes more solid.
> Truthfully, I haven't thought this through, so I'm just throwing the idea of
> visualization in here to be looked at by anyone who's interested.
> la

[snip]

I observed in the 1970s large numbers of OT 3s and up just
seemed to quietly disappear into the woodwork and fail to be
enthusiastic glowing advocates of those levels. It was like the
absence of the barking in "The Hound of the Baskervilles". Later I
noticed the same with NOTs; a lot of people whose cases really became
more solid. I'd agree with you on the visualization thing. Looking at
a lie while believing it's true will make it more and more solid.

Ed

arnie lerma

Jan 14, 2002, 8:32:46 AM1/14/02
On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:37:21 -0800, Sam Rouse <sama...@newsguy.com>
wrote:

Unfortunately in the case of Scientologists and cancer too many turn
out to be dead right.

arnie lerma
I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speak.
The only thing that always works in scientology are its lawyers
The internet is the liberty tree of the new millennium
Secrets are the mortar binding lies as bricks together into prisons for the mind
http://www.lermanet.com/grifters.htm - mentioned 4 January 2000 in
The Washington Post's - 'Reliable Source' column re "Scientologist with no HEAD"
You want Bigots? http://members.home.net/bwarr1/Movie2.html

Magoo

Jan 19, 2002, 2:10:02 PM1/19/02
and Let's not forget ol Hubbard's own quote:
"How right can you be? DEAD RIGHT!"

That's L. Ron Hubbard....

May be one of his most profound statements. Listen up OSA bots who
constantly make others wrong and yourselves right (covertly of
course).....listen to your master.

Tory/Magoo~
"arnie lerma" <ale...@nospam.bellatlantic.net> wrote in message

Dave Bird

Jan 27, 2002, 6:53:51 AM1/27/02
In article<3c3e3a71...@news.tdl.com>, Phil Scott
<phils...@hotmail.com> writes:
>On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:20:16 -0000, "Roland" <roland.rashleigh-
>be...@virgin.net>

>wrote:
>
>>Then what will happen to those people using an "electric gymn"? Sort of
>>strap around electrodes that exercise people's muscles. These must be
>>passing very much higher currents and if people wear these for an hour a day
>>then they would be getting a much higher exposure than from e-meters.
>
>there is some evidence that all such devices are a problem...as well as
>currents
>induced by high voltage electrical equipment.

Actually there is some research that the field from power lines
is a problem because, rather like one of those electrostatic
dust collectors, it puts a static charge on small particles
of dust and smoke.... which then become 10x more likely to
attach in the lungs.

n article<u40objm...@corp.supernews.com>,

Rev. Fredric L. Rice <FR...@SkepticTank.ORG> writes:
>In my paper archives I've got a report which looks at EM emissions
>from everyday electrical devices and 50KVolt and 75KVolt power lines.
>The report shows that an electrical current can be easily induced to
>flow through human bodies in close proximity however the report found
>that all such non-ionizing radiations are harmless.

I agree: current flowing through, unless it is big enough to
make the muscles twitch, is no problem at all. The dust
adhesion is the problem.

In article<tm3v3uk4kcruu5n5i...@4ax.com>, t...@ibexbsc.com
writes:
>In <88y%7.16160$1s6.2...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>, "Roland"

><roland.rash...@virgin.net> wrote:
>
>>Then what will happen to those people using an "electric gymn"? Sort of
>>strap around electrodes that exercise people's muscles. These must be
>>passing very much higher currents and if people wear these for an hour a day
>>then they would be getting a much higher exposure than from e-meters.
>

>I heard they only cause brain cancer. Ie, don't do any permanent
>damage to muscle.

It sounds implausible that any such CANCEROUS changes would vary
between tissues. If you said the person had lost a few memory traces
because the neurone connections had got a bit scrambled and that
doesn't happen in muscles I would agree, but carcinoma? unlikely.

--
FUCK THE SKULL OF HUBBARD, AND BUGGER THE DWARF HE RODE IN ON!!
8====3 (O 0) GROETEN --- PRINTZ XEMU EXTRAWL no real OT has
|n| (COMMANDER, FIFTH INVADER FORCE) ever existed

Dave Bird

Jan 27, 2002, 6:46:05 AM1/27/02
In article<bfx%7.16025$X87.2...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>,

Roland <roland.rash...@virgin.net> writes:
>This is sad. But while we are on the subject then why is it that all OT's
>seem to die of cancer? Is there a statistical significance to this? Perhaps
>there is a reason behind it. I don't believe Arnie's theory that it is due
>to the current from the e-meter over the course of years. But maybe OT's

>ignore worrying medical symptoms so that they will not get into trouble with
>the Church and have their auditing interrupted or be routed on expensive
>corrective auditing. Or maybe they think they can intend it away. Or maybe
>their Church tells them they are not allowed to see a doctor.

Those were my thoughts -- that they ignore the symptoms too long.

>Or maybe being
>in the Church for a long time you deep down know it is rotten and the stress
>is there all the time and this affects a person's health.

Being regularly in conflict which cannot be quickly ended in fight
or flight revs up the adrenaline system all the time without relief:
being a person who is constantly watchful, in fear, or about to rage
runs the resting heartbeat high. Do that to a car engine and you
will shorten its lifespan. In addition, prolonged and repeated
conflict or readiness for conflict switches on cortisol which
robs power from the immune system and, the more you do this, the
lower the immune response is set.

>But maybe most
>people in sedentary jobs die of cancer these days.

Humans evolved with feeding drives to get as much food as possible,
and as much of the pleasant premium foods as possible, in a context
where effort and availability limited their capacity to do so. Now
people in the civilised world have overcome this so they eat too
much and the wrong stuff. They live at a higher density per acre,
and a higher level of stress and bickering, than you would find in
any other kind of ape and the stress wears them out. They have
stopped most common illnesses killing individuals as soon as they
become weak or vulnerable, and they are not subject to predation.

Therefore what happens is that when the process we call "physical
aging" lowers the repair and immune capacity and the repair
of their circulatory system -- already both under pressure from
stress and poor diet -- then cancer or circulatory diseases which
they can't fix will finish them off. "Physical aging", like
brain dementias, is a pathological process which comes from
bad genetics and could be fixed. There is a partial analogy
in that, in some individuals, the pathological process can
be turned on before its time: dementia in your 40s, "old age"
at 15 to 20. True, I have never seen an individual in which
the pathological process of PHYSICAL aging (spontaneously) never
happened, right up to the point where they died being run over
by a bus or whatever. I believe such a thing could and eventually
will be medically induced, though, and then those who chose and
can afford it will live until there cells refuse to divide further
i.e. about 120 to 140. In the same physical condition they were at 45.

Dave Bird

Jan 27, 2002, 7:03:34 AM1/27/02
In article<3c3e3d0e...@news.tdl.com>, Phil Scott

<phils...@hotmail.com> writes:
>Fine. there were people, actually armies of people, and thousands of
>scientists
>that took the same stand on aspbestos when the issue was developing, and on
>hundreds of other issues, saturated fat, cigarettes, etc....

Likewise on the phlogiston, luminiferous ether, epicycle,
and preformation issues. You are being silly (and misleading)
to imply that only theories which SUCCEEDED were ever doubted.

In article<kpD%7.16971$1s6.2...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>,

Roland <roland.rash...@virgin.net> writes:
>> I thought the reason was The Freewinds, the ship. They go aboard the
>> ship to do ot events and courses, maybe auditing. And while there
>> they breathe in Blue Asbestos and that gives them cancer and then they
>> die from the cancer.
>

>But we don't know which form of cancer they get.

Cancer of the lung linings (mesothelioma) caused by asbestos
dust is a fairly specific form. I have never heard of any
specific scieno actually having it. Where people have talked
about individual deaths they have usually specified brain cancer,
liver cancer, and so forth.

<mag...@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>It has something to do with NOTS I am pretty sure. That seems to be the
>biggest band where people die in.
>
>Suggestion for Scios?

Simply that by this point, as Roger Gonnet says, clams are
insane enough to ignore symptoms and believe that medicine
is no use to them, and that you are not a process in the
body (which IS you) ending when it ends.