Tom Cruise on Kimmel last night

Alex Clark

Dec 23, 2008, 1:36:45 PM12/23/08
Anyone else see him on Kimmel last night, promoting Valkyrie?

I wanted to really dislike him, to think of him as some fascist idiot. I
wanted to yell "your thriller sucks and everyone knows the ending already"
at the TV. I wanted to poke fun at him relentlessly. Pretty soon into the
interview, I just ended up feeling sorry for the poor guy instead though.

Firstly, he's not "lost a bit of weight" - he's looking gaunt and drawn.
Makeup didn't do a great job hiding his paleness, and his sweater didn't do
a great job of hiding his shrunken frame. And lets face it, he wasn't
exactly a 6ft 200lb beefcake to begin with. He looked tired, seemed a bit
withdrawn and seemed to be erring on the cautious side with everything he
said. Even the trademark "eyes squinted up, front teeth out" TC grin seemed
very forced and unnatural.

Upon first entering the stage and taking his seat, he was gripping his right
arm in a rather strange manner as well - almost looked like he'd just had a
painful shot. Maybe he just had tennis elbow?

I get the impression that Valkyrie was actually supposed to curry some
favour with the Germans instead of further alienating them, but it's had the
opposite effect. His responses to questions about Katie Holmes seemed to
produce a bit of shuffling about in his chair also - perhaps he was a bit
uncomfortable?

Skipper

Dec 23, 2008, 2:40:43 PM12/23/08
In article <4951...@news2.lightlink.com>, Alex Clark
<al...@microsoft.com> wrote:

That sounds like "Katie's done" to me.

Whatever the truth is about Tom and women, if this marriage ends, he
could end up completely flipped out.

Eldon

Dec 23, 2008, 2:44:32 PM12/23/08
On Dec 23, 7:36 pm, "Alex Clark" <a...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Anyone else see him on Kimmel last night, promoting Valkyrie?
>
> I wanted to really dislike him, to think of him as some fascist idiot. I
> wanted to yell "your thriller sucks and everyone knows the ending already"
> at the TV. I wanted to poke fun at him relentlessly. Pretty soon into the
> interview, I just ended up feeling sorry for the poor guy instead though.
>
> Firstly, he's not "lost a bit of weight" - he's looking gaunt and drawn.
> Makeup didn't do a great job hiding his paleness, and his sweater didn't do
> a great job of hiding his shrunken frame. And lets face it, he wasn't
> exactly a 6ft 200lb beefcake to begin with.

No, but height isn't the question. He pretty much always seemed to be
in good physical shape, looking healthy and worked out.

barbz

Dec 23, 2008, 4:03:20 PM12/23/08

She's looking like shit these days too. All eaten up from the inside.
Her BTs were hungry.

--
barb
Chaplain, ARSCC(wdne)

"Our belief in freedom of religion has made it impossible, (With a
helping hand from well placed Scientologists in government, of course!)
to recognize when a criminal conspiracy pretends to be a religion."
--Brett Bellmore

Tom Klemesrud

Dec 23, 2008, 5:13:29 PM12/23/08

Or, maybe she's being poisoned? What's the terms of the pre-nupt if she
dies, I wonder?

Eldon

Dec 23, 2008, 5:47:25 PM12/23/08
On Dec 23, 11:13 pm, Tom Klemesrud <tomk...@netscape.delete.net>
wrote:
> barbz wrote:
> > Skipper wrote:
> >> In article <49512...@news2.lightlink.com>, Alex Clark

Nobody knows about that, of course, but she is currently appearing
nightly in a Broadway play with John Lithgow and some other well-known
actors. She won't waste away without somebody noticing.

Barbara Schwarz

Dec 23, 2008, 5:59:42 PM12/23/08
On Dec 23, 12:36 pm, "Alex Clark" <a...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Anyone

In a sisterly way, I state that Tom Cruise is looking good. He looks
fit, healthy, and young.
Good for him.

Now get over your jealousy and get on a rice and beans diet.
Throw that x-mas ham to the pigs.

Barbara Schwarz

Kilia40

Dec 23, 2008, 10:08:38 PM12/23/08
On Dec 23, 4:59 pm, Barbara Schwarz <BarbaraSchwarz2...@excite.com>
wrote:

> On Dec 23, 12:36 pm, "Alex Clark" <a...@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone
>
> In a sisterly way, I state that Tom Cruise is looking good. He looks
> fit, healthy, and young.
> Good for him.
>
> Now get over your jealousy and get on a rice and beans diet.
> Throw that x-mas ham to the pigs.
>
> Barbara Schwarz

Jealous?? You've got to be kidding!!
ROFLMAO!!

Alex Clark

Dec 24, 2008, 8:25:00 PM12/24/08
Fruitbat old gal, you're alive!

Some of us were beginning to think you'd made yourself into "an hero" for
Christmas, but I always knew you'd be back.

Happy Christmas to you, Barby old girl. I'll munch down some ham for you
;-)

"Barbara Schwarz" <BarbaraSc...@excite.com> wrote in message