Covert Hypnosis "tech" from The Hypnosis Handbook by A. E Van Vogt et al used by Scn VMs

Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for over 11 years!

Feb 12, 2009, 4:14:30 PM2/12/09
Chapter VIII

Techniques of Disguised Hypnosis

"Relaxing" the Patient

Before using this technique, determine the patient's reaction to
"being touched." Some individuals find the close personal touch
involved in this technique disagreeable. For those few the effect of
"back rubbing" is to increase the tensions rather than relax them. The
great majority, however, will find the method very soothing. For the
few exceptions, use a disguised visual fixation technique, or one of
the other methods described in the preceding pages. (A word for word
technique for the eye method begins on page 12)

Place the patient face down on a couch, treatment table, bed, etc.,
in a comfortable prone position. Make sure that earrings, belt
buckles, things in the pockets, and other lumpy objects will not
interfere with the patient's comfort when he is fully relaxed. Use a
gentle soothing touch. This is not a massage to break the muscle
tension by force. it is a friendly "caressing" type of touch, the kind
you would use petting a dog or cat, firm and gentle, not vigorous.

---------------

from The Hypnotism Handbook by Charles Edward Cooke and A.E. Van Vogt
< ( yes, the real, famous science fiction writer) 1956 - Page 73

See Lermanet.com Exposing the CON's Hypnotism in Scientology Index
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hypnosis-index

The Eye to Eye Technique (TR0) from the 1964 edition of Hypnosis for
Salesmen
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285

Does the above not sound just like Scientology's VOLUNTEER MINISTER's
routine?

------------------------
Dianetics used MANY covert Hypnosis techniques including
The Confusion technique - links on Lermanet.com Exposing the CON index
page
And advanced technique for deep trance induction that merely requires
that you cause another person to repetitively imagine something
(anything) that IS NOT REALLY THERE.

The state of being in a hypnotic trance may also be characterized as
extreme relaxation, it is very pleasant, 'floaty' and pain-free... in
TR0 we were TRICKED into going into a hypnotic trance while we
practiced for hours staying awake and looking alert... what Hubbard
told us was "anaten" and "somatics" are all the items listed as the
symptoms and/or milestone markers for deepness of trance state.. Ill
post the list in a few days...

Consider while reading this the promises AND if they were JUST
promises why were they repeated so many times.. Consider Hubbard's
choice and use of the word "CLEAR" as a noun, as a future condition
promised AND consider its' COMMAND value to the subconscious.....!!

"Scientific American, January 1951
By Isaac Isidor Rabi

DIANETICS: THE MODERN SCIENCE OF MENTAL HEALTH, BY L. RON HUBBARD.
Hermitage House ($4.00).

This volume probably contains more promises and less evidence per page
than has any publication since the invention of printing. Briefly, its
thesis is that man is intrinsically good, has a perfect memory for
every event of his life, and is a good deal more intelligent than he
appears to be. "
LINK

Emphasis MINE:

Excerpt, page 72 THE HYPNOTISM HANDBOOK, 1956, by Charles E Cooke and
A.E. Van Vogt

THE FORMULATION OF THERAPUTIC
SUGGESTIONS FOR USE WITH
DISGUISED TECHNIQUES

Elsewhere in this book, in giving the rules for the formulation of
suggestions, we have stated that these suggestions should be stated in
the present tense.

The rule does not apply where the subject is unaware that he is being
hypnotized.

Suggestions given to the hypnotized subject for extreme relaxation and
anesthesia. and post hypnotic suggestions (such as continued freedom
from tension, freedom from emoti9onal depression, and even post-
hypnotic anesthesia) can be stated in the present tense because they
can be explained as by-products of 'extreme relaxation".

For other suggestions the patient must be given the basis for
accepting the idea. For this purpose the placebo is an excellent tool.
The physician can casually but forcefully mention to the hypnotized
subject the fact that he is giving the patient a specific medicine
which will do the specific job. He can describe the effect on the
patient in great detail. He can then administer the placebo while the
subject is "relaxed". "so that the medicine will have an opportunity
to act".

Suggestions for future changes in the physical or emotional condition
of the patient can also be based on therapy which has been in progress
or upon contemplated therapy. In this case the suggestions must be
formulated in the future tense. In all cases where disguised technique
is being used, avoid the type of suggestion which has no rational.

Give the patient a reason for what you are doing." < please remember
this one line, this is same as "shore story"

See Lermanet.com Exposing the CON's Hypnotism in Scientology Index
HERE
http://www.Lermanet.com/exit/hypnosis-index.htm

And my reply to the SkipperNut's depopularization spams are here:
http://ocmb.lermanet.us/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=489
these posts were posted 2 days ago...and today is thursday...

Monica Pignotti

Feb 12, 2009, 9:22:37 PM2/12/09
And here is a recent issue of Scientific American with an article
debunking the many myths surrounding hypnosis:

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=is-hypnosis-a-distinct-form

You give the old man too much credit and power.

Monica

LaserClam

Feb 12, 2009, 10:54:51 PM2/12/09
On Feb 12, 4:14 pm, "Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for over 11 years!"

<ale...@verizon.net> wrote:

> The state of being in a hypnotic trance may also be characterized as
> extreme relaxation, it is very pleasant, 'floaty' and pain-free... in
> TR0 we were TRICKED into going into a hypnotic trance while we
> practiced for hours staying awake and looking alert... what Hubbard
> told us was "anaten" and "somatics" are all the items listed as the
> symptoms and/or milestone markers for deepness of trance state.. Ill
> post the list in a few days...
>
>  Consider while reading this the promises AND if they were JUST
> promises why were they repeated so many times.. Consider Hubbard's
> choice and use of the word "CLEAR" as a noun, as a future condition
> promised AND consider its' COMMAND value to the subconscious.....!!

Sounds like the manifestion of the Missed Withold Phenomeom,
the wondering whether or not another knows something about
the person. Being unable to resolve this uncertainity, the
being
goes into a failed purpose and goes unconscious.

Skipper

Feb 12, 2009, 11:13:59 PM2/12/09
All sorts of assholes use covert hypnosis -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4iDwV7hCmw

In article
<2b5fc9fe-b477-46f9...@e1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,

wrote:

> Chapter VIII

Android Cat

Feb 13, 2009, 12:17:18 AM2/13/09
Monica Pignotti wrote:
> And here is a recent issue of Scientific American with an article
> debunking the many myths surrounding hypnosis:
>
> http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=is-hypnosis-a-distinct-form
>
> You give the old man too much credit and power.

Strawman argument, since neither the Hollywood zombie or hypnotic amnesia
are ever invoked in the quoted section from _The Hypnosis Handbook_.

(What I would like to see is an analysis of long term Dianetic/Scientology
engram processing on the topic of false "recovered" memories.)

I took a course on Hypnotism and Self Awareness in college in Quebec. (It
was better than Cats.) The licenced practitioner teaching the course didn't
see hypnosis as a completely seperate state of conciousness, and nothing
seems to have changed from then (late 70s).

xenufrance

Feb 13, 2009, 3:19:42 AM2/13/09

"Monica Pignotti" <pign...@worldnet.att.net> a écrit dans le message de
news: 87018df9-c619-4d38...@x9g2000yqk.googlegroups.com...

> And here is a recent issue of Scientific American with an article
> debunking the many myths surrounding hypnosis:
>
> http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=is-hypnosis-a-distinct-form
>
> You give the old man too much credit and power.

the idea I read behind the text is rather to indicate that Hubbard was
completely aware of his use of hypnotic techniques he had learned most
evidently when under OTO nefarious spell.

Monica Pignotti

Feb 13, 2009, 9:19:53 AM2/13/09

The "hypnosis handbook" contains many myths, long since debunked. It
is you who are using a straw man argument. The "zombie" and "hypnotic
amnesia" myths are not the only myths. I suggest you read the
Scientific American article so you can see what I refer to . I was not
referring to the "zombie" myth. Just for starters, I was referring to
the myth that hypnosis is a distinct "trance" state when no research
has ever been able to demonstrate that.

Monica

Monica Pignotti

Feb 13, 2009, 9:22:05 AM2/13/09
On Feb 13, 3:19 am, "xenufrance" <xenufra...@free.fr> wrote:
> "Monica Pignotti" <pigno...@worldnet.att.net> a écrit dans le message denews: 87018df9-c619-4d38-9959-eb59992dc__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD$z...@x9g2000yqk.googlegroups.com...

Yes, but my point is that there is no reason to believe that these
techniques are so powerful as to put people in an obedient "trance"
state for years on end or even temporarily.

Monica

Monica Pignotti

Feb 13, 2009, 10:31:16 AM2/13/09
On Feb 13, 12:17 am, "Android Cat" <androidca...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I took a course on Hypnotism and Self Awareness in college in Quebec. (It
> was better than Cats.)  The licenced practitioner teaching the course didn't
> see hypnosis as a completely seperate state of conciousness, and nothing
> seems to have changed from then (late 70s).

Not so. A large body of research on hypnosis has been conducted since
the late 70s that has clarified a number of issues surrounding
hypnosis that were not nearly so evident in the 1970s and has been
carefully reviewed in a recent book on clinical hypnosis. Here is a
review I published on the book, Essentials of Clinical Hypnosis: An
Evidence-Based Approach:

http://tmt.sagepub.com/cgi/reprint/12/1/101

Monica

Eldon

Feb 13, 2009, 10:42:55 AM2/13/09

How about when it's combined with having the subject tap his or her
forehead?

Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for over 11 years!

Feb 13, 2009, 10:43:25 AM2/13/09
On Feb 13, 9:22 am, Monica Pignotti <pigno...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 3:19 am, "xenufrance" <xenufra...@free.fr> wrote:
>

> > "Monica Pignotti" <pigno...@worldnet.att.net> a écrit dans le message denews: 87018df9-c619-4d38-9959-eb59992dc...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD$__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...@x9g2000yqk.googlegroups.com...

Sounds like self-denial to me.

How many years did you work for a charlatan named Hubbard?
(confirms something 'worked', was it Hubbard's "tech" or Hypnosis?

Did you not state that you hallucinated during TRs?
(confirms TR's hypnotized you)

Interesting advertisements on the google ads sidebar for this thread,
yes?

Art of Covert Hypnosis
This Is The Type Of Hypnosis That
Has Been Banned From Being Used
TheArtOfCovertHypnosis.com

Covert Hypnosis
Hypnosis Scandal Revealed.
Instantly Hypnotize Anyone Now.
XtremeHypnosis.com/Covert+Hypnosis

Black-Ops Hypnosis Scams
In-Depth Reviews of Covert Hypnosis
Courses: Smart or Scam? We Tell!
www.ReviewsNest.net/learnhypnosis

Perhaps all it took were some of these techniques and a nice stage
setting,
With GROUP agreement (2 or more people nodding in agreement that
THERE IS SOMETHING THERE or THERE IS NOTHING THERE,
depending on what accomplishes the desired effect
in which to distract the rubes long enough from looking at the BIG
PICTURE
to extract the money from his BANK (account) or whatever other
INTENTION
towards an EFFECT was desired.

Evidently there is something there...that makes money...
if an unscrupulous man without a conscience
were to surround himself with the same ilk,
perhaps he could fleece sufficient people to build a virtual Empire of
Greed.

Eldon

Feb 13, 2009, 11:19:35 AM2/13/09
On Feb 13, 4:43 pm, "Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for over 11 years!"

Yeah, even if that shit doesn't work, some people are willing to pay
to learn it.

Monica, however, has gone into major denial of lots of things. I can't
believe she is now attacking Steve Hassan.

Maybe it's those ear implants. ;-)

Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for over 11 years!

Feb 13, 2009, 5:01:27 PM2/13/09

<ale...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Chapter VIII
>
> Techniques of Disguised Hypnosis
>
> "Relaxing" the Patient

Here is another choice excerpt

(My comments in [ brackets ] )

Anyone who has done TR0 will instantly recognize the first steps...

The definition of the word "Catalepsy" from Wiki is the
"Catalepsy is a nervous condition characterized by muscular rigidity
and fixity of posture regardless of external stimuli, as well as
decreased sensitivity to pain. [1]"
It is what scientologists practice to do for many hours, it is what
they call the unblinking CONFRONT...

Page 47
SCORING SYSTEM FOR INDICATING
DEPTH OF HYPNOSIS

Depth-------------Score--------Symptoms and Phenomena Exhibited

Insusceptible-------0-----------Subject fails to react in anyway

Hypnoidal ----------1------------Physical Relaxation
------------------------2-----------Drowsiness apparent
------------------------3-----------Fluttering of eyelids
------------------------4-----------Closing of eyes
------------------------5-----------Mental relaxation partial lethargy
of mind
------------------------6-----------Heaviness of Limbs

Light Trance--------7-----------Catalepsy of eyes [the hundred mile
stare]

continues for 2 more pages

Under Deep Trance is this one:
28 Ability to open eyes without affecting trance
29 Fixed stare, dilated pupils

33 Complete Anesthesia [Feels no pain, that would be like being
"CLEAR" 'ed of all engrams, eh?]
[makes Disconnection from loved ones possible]

35 Bizzarre post-hypnotic suggestions heeded (See XENU et al.)

42 Age Regression

Do not limit consideration to just TR 0, consider all the hours
scientologists spent, Listening to the MASTER Stage Hypnotist,
himself...his voice....for hundreds of hours...on all those thousands
of "Lectures"...

> Give the patient a reason for what you are doing." < please remember
> this one line, this is same as "shore story"
>
> See Lermanet.com Exposing the CON's Hypnotism in Scientology Index

> HEREhttp://www.Lermanet.com/exit/hypnosis-index.htm

> And my reply to the SkipperNut's depopularization spams are here:http://ocmb.lermanet.us/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=489
> these posts were posted 2 days ago...and today is thursday...

FAR AWAY EYES
(M. Jagger/K. Richards) 1977

I was driving home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield
Listening to gospel music on the colored radio station
And the preacher said, "You know you always have the
Lord by your side"

And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
Twenty red lights in his honor
Thank you Jesus, thank you lord

I had an arrangement to meet a girl, and I was kind of late
And I thought by the time I got there she'd be off
She'd be off with the nearest truck driver she could find
Much to my surprise, there she was sittin in the corner
A little bleary, worse for wear and tear
Was a girl with far away eyes

So if you're down on your luck
And you can't harmonize
Find a girl with far away eyes
And if you're downright disgusted
And life ain't worth a dime
Get a girl with far away eyes

Well the preacher kept right on saying that all I had to do was send
Ten dollars to the church of the sacred bleeding heart of Jesus
Located somewhere in Los Angeles, California
And next week they'd say my prayer on the radio
And all my dreams would come true
So I did, the next week, I got a prayer with a girl
Well, you know what kind of eyes she got

[Sing it out loud Monica..]

So if you're down on your luck
And you can't harmonize
Find a girl with far away eyes
And if you're downright disgusted
And life ain't worth a dime
Get a girl with far away eyes...

-------------------------------------

Electropsychometry Page 144
Volney Mathison (c) 1954:

"Putting it somewhat differently, the pain-impulses are actually
received by the brain, but the subjective mind immediately inhibits
the pain-sensations...A brief example of this procedure has been given
in a previous paper, with reference to reducing or exhausting the
effect of a sharp physical pinch. The subject is pinched, then is
instructed to close his eyes and repeatedly feel the pinch. After a
few times of mentally re-feeling the pinch, the charge on the event
dissipates....This technique may be applied to complex and
interrelated chains of traumatic events.

[Wait a second, isn't this same as the Scientology Stress test????,
isn't this precisely what Hubbard does in Dianetics??]

citations from:

http://www.lermanet.com/scientology/amnesia.htm

Xenu

Feb 13, 2009, 5:40:22 PM2/13/09
In <19d0c27f-7fcb-43e1...@j38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
LaserClam blathered:

> Sounds like the manifestion of the Missed Withold Phenomeom,

phenomeom?

> the person. Being unable to resolve this uncertainity,

uncertainity ?

You'd better look up those words in a dictionary, LaserSemiLiterateClam!

Then get some truth about your cult.

Read http://www.xenu.net

Out_Of_The_Dark

Feb 13, 2009, 11:55:01 PM2/13/09
On Feb 13, 5:01 pm, "Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for over 11 years!"

Ever since I began reading your work on this subject, before I even
knew you, I believed that you were onto something very important. That
chart and the correlation to the information on hypnosis and
scientology TR 0 describes so much of what I went through on all my
TRs courses, especially the original extensive Communcations Course &
the The Hard TRs Crs.I probably did at least 1,000 hrs worth of TR
drills in my time in scientology, maybe more and in retrospect, it is
clear to me that I was being made vulnerable because of various
depths of hypnosis effect.

Monica Pignotti

Feb 14, 2009, 12:03:00 PM2/14/09

Funny you should comment on this, given that you flounced off his now
defunct Freedomofmind list serv years ago. What I did was dare to
think for myself and challenge Steve Hassan, beginning with some
inaccurate statements he made to CNN. But according to the true
believers, anyone who dares to challenge the great Steve Hassan is
"attacking" him and yes, Steve himself took the whole thing very
personally. As for anyone who disagrees being "in denial" that is the
classic claim of people hawking bogus therapies and other nonsense.
Rather than respond to the substance of the issue at hand, the person
gets labeled as being "in denial" - a strong hallmark indicator of
nonsense that should be setting off the BS detectors of anyone who has
one in even minimal working order.

Fortunately, I still have the postings and have posted some of them on
my blog and on my new list serv:

Steve Hassan started a new list serv of his own which is "by
invitation only" and completely controlled by him and closed off to
the public:

http://anticultcontroversies.blogspot.com/2009/02/more-information-control-from-steve.html

http://anticultcontroversies.blogspot.com/2009/02/update-on-steve-hassan-banning-people.html

Some people might consider this "attacking" Steve Hassan. I consider
it pointing out the facts, which are that his list serv is hidden and
mine is out in the open.

> Maybe it's those ear implants. ;-)

Maybe you and Barbara Schwartz should get together, but I doubt she'd
have you :)

Eldon

Feb 14, 2009, 12:27:22 PM2/14/09

Well, at the time I thought Catherine Mann (your replacement) was an
even more snitty and self-absorbed moderator than you, so I saw no use
in wasting my time there. I think Steve has had bad luck in that
regard, though I believe he and I remain on good terms to this day.

> What I did was dare to
> think for myself and challenge Steve Hassan, beginning with some
> inaccurate statements he made to CNN. But according to the true
> believers, anyone who dares to challenge the great Steve Hassan is
> "attacking" him and yes, Steve himself took the whole thing very
> personally. As for anyone who disagrees being "in denial" that is the
> classic claim of people hawking bogus therapies and other nonsense.
> Rather than respond to the substance of the issue at hand, the person
> gets labeled as being "in denial" - a strong hallmark indicator of
> nonsense that should be setting off the BS detectors of anyone who has
> one in even minimal working order.
>
> Fortunately, I still have the postings and have posted some of them on
> my blog and on my new list serv:

> read more »

Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for over 11 years!

Feb 14, 2009, 3:27:31 PM2/14/09

glad it helped you, I get the feeling reading this that A. E Van Vogt,
one of Hubbard's cronies in the 40's, who was listed as one of the
officers I think of the original Elizabeth New Jersey Dianetics
effort, which makes Van Vogt an Ex-member!!!, I bet he wanted to try
to warn people about Hubbard's scam... so they would not get trapped
in it...

and here is some good stuff on IRS Agreement, a thread on Whyweprotest
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leaks-legal/irs-tax-exemption-racketeered-irs-commissioner-fred-goldberg-32375/3/

Monica Pignotti

Feb 15, 2009, 6:50:01 PM2/15/09

Cathleen was not my "replacement". She was already there as moderator.
When the list started, she and I were co-moderators, so she was there
from the very beginning. When I resigned, Cathleen was then the only
moderator, as well as owner of the list. As for Steve, "luck" had
nothing to do with it -- he chose the two of us as moderators after
knowing us both very well for years.

> > What I did was dare to
> > think for myself and challenge Steve Hassan, beginning with some
> > inaccurate statements he made to CNN. But according to the true

> read more »

barbaral...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2009, 6:55:05 PM2/15/09
On Feb 12, 3:14 pm, "Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for over 11 years!"
<ale...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Chapter VIII

Psychiatry used and still uses hypnosis. L. Ron Hubbard did never and
warned against it. Your friend Ulf Brettstam is a hypnotizer. He brags
about this on his resume.

Barbara Schwarz