Isaac Hayes "Treadmill" Death Report

J. J. Hunsecker

Aug 11, 2008, 9:57:22 AM8/11/08

From the Hunsecker Desk:

"When a piece of indoor sporting equipment used to bolster health can
turn into a treading step wheel of death is a principle in belt systems
gone awry not resulting in cardiovascular health but a probable brain
stroke and/or heart attack delivering in this instance an instant
god-of-funk death.

Lackluster 'PR' results from the world newswires is all the Hunsecker
column could find on the Isaac Hayes treadmill incident.

Basic "Treadmill" info posted to ARS so far:
Los Angeles - Soul legend Isaac Hayes, who laid the foundations for
disco and rap, was found dead Sunday near a treadmill at his home in
Memphis, Tennessee, at the age of 65, police said."

Shelby County Sheriffs Department PR 'refinements' follows ending with a
before funeral eulogy from Boss Tweed wannabe; Al Sharpton, Bull Shit
con man of the century next to L Ron Hubbard:

http://www.hollywoodbackwash.com/isaac-hayes-dies-on-treadmill/
snip>
Relatives found Hayes, 65, unconscious in his home next to a
still-running treadmill, said Steve Shular, a spokesman for the Shelby
County Sheriff's Department."

Shelby County Sheriffs Department:
http://www.shelby-sheriff.org/divisions/public_relations.asp
Divisions
Public Relations and Information Office

The Public Affairs Office is the "community contact" point for the
Sheriff's Office. This is the department that handles news media
inquiries and makes routine announcements to the media about items of
interest involving the Sheriff's Office.

snip>
Steve Shular
Public Affairs Officer
http://www.shelby-sheriff.org/images/shular.jpg
[photo]

shelby-sherrif/press releases/search field/ziltch so far:
http://www.shelby-sheriff.org/press_releases/mediaindex.asp

Baptist East Hospital in Memphis
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/08/chef-i-mean-isa.html
snip>
He [Hayes] was taken to Baptist East Hospital in Memphis,
http://www.baptistonline.org/facilities/memphis/index.asp

where he was pronounced dead at 2:08 a.m. The Shelby County Sheriff's
Department is investigating, but no foul play is suspected.

Paramedics attempted to revive him and took him to a hospital, where he
was pronounced dead shortly after 2 p.m., the sheriff's department
said."

Hayes "treated for a number of medical issues"
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=612093
snip>
Hayes was given CPR by paramedics but could not be revived.

"Family members believe at this point it is a medical condition that
might have led to his death," said Shular, adding that Hayes was being
treated for "a number of medical issues." He declined to elaborate
further."

Hayes "had not been in the best of health recently"
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-hayes11-2008aug11,0,7289497.story
snip>
Hayes' wife, Adjowa, told investigators that her husband "had not been
in the best of health recently," Shular said. No autopsy is planned."

Hayes Wife and Son
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1043416/Isaac-Hayes-composer-Shaft-dies-aged-65-slumped-treadmill.html
snip>
Hayes was discovered by his fourth wife Adjowa and young son Nana Kwadjo
after they returned fom a shopping trip and found him collapsed in a
downstairs bedroom of his home in Memphis.

'The treadmill was running but he was unresponsive lying on the floor,'
police spokesman Steve Shular said.

No foul play
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iMlKQQjKqtM0559fVKC1fVS44_iw
snip>
We don't believe there was any foul play," Shular said. "Based on the
statements by family members that Mr. Hayes had been treated of late for
a number of medical issues, we believe that led to his death today.
There are no plans for an autopsy."

Simultaneous Heart Attack and Stroke?
http://news.scotsman.com/entertainment/Soul-music-legend--Isaac.4375924.jp
He [Hayes] was taken to hospital but pronounced dead in the afternoon.
Initial reports suggested he had suffered a "simultaneous" heart attack
and stroke.

Mr Hayes had suffered a stroke in 2006.

A police spokesman said last night: "Family members believe it is a
medical condition that might have led to his death. Mr Hayes was being
treated for a number of medical issues."

People Magazine (further hospital statement coming)
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20218138,00.html
snip>
A relative discovered an unresponsive Hayes near an exercise machine in
their home at midday, and Hayes was pronounced dead at 2:10 p.m. when he
arrived at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis, the Shelby County Sheriff's
Office tells PEOPLE.

"The family had last seen him about noon," says Steve Shular, public
information officer for that office. "Family members had gone to the
grocery store and left him home. When the family came home around 1, his
wife's cousin found him lying on the floor in the basement near a
treadmill. The treadmill was running, so it is believed that he had been
working out."

Although the hospital is still determining the cause of death, Shular
says Hayes most likely died of natural causes.

"There doesn't seem to be any foul play," says Shular. "We don't see
anything suspicious about his death. There will be a further statement
from the hospital about the cause of death."

Hospital spokesperson Statement:
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00017537.html
snip>
A Shelby County sheriff's deputy soon thereafter responded to Hayes'
home and had the star taken to Baptist East Hospital in Memphis, where
he was pronounced dead at 2:08 P.M. "Our emergency room team's efforts
to resuscitate him were not successful, and our hearts go out to his
family and legion of fans worldwide," the hospital's spokesperson said
in a statement.

Authorities are still investigating the cause of Hayes' death, but they
do not believe foul play was a factor. "

Al Sharpton and the Jazz festival memorial:
http://www.wsbtv.com/entertainment/17151272/detail.html
snip>
The Rev. Al Sharpton, president of National Action Network, released a
statement Sunday about the death.

"I am deeply saddened by the loss of Isaac Hayes, a true historic world
music figure. Isaac Hayes was the first African-American to win an Oscar
for a music score but never lost sight of his commitment to his
community and the betterment of mankind. He was more than an artist he
was a trailblazer, He was an innovator. He was a creative genius. I
shall never forget how in the height of his career he still had time to
work and lend his celebrity to those of us much younger and at that time
who were totally unknown. Even in his later years he never hesitated to
appear for a cause or endorse something that he felt was for the good of
mankind. He will be sorely missed."

In Riverside, Calif., Hayes will be honored as planned on the final day
of the Inland Empire Jazz Festival on Aug. 24, the event's executive
director said Sunday.

Annetta Bryant, speaking Sunday afternoon from Rancho Cucamonga, said
she did not have a statement to make about Hayes' untimely death.

But Bryant confirmed the festival's plans to go ahead with plans to
honor Hayes and the Isaac Hayes Foundation, which promotes human rights
worldwide.

Hayes was expected to attend and become the first recipient of the
festival's "Celebrate Life Award."

J. J. Hunsecker

"Soul Men" [film]
http://www.toxicshock.tv/news/wp-content/uploads/soul_men_movie_still1.jpg
[Hayes (dead) ; Mac (dead) ; Jackson>(alive! thank the "pulp fiction"
badass muthafuckin' jackson negroe gods!)]

//

Black Mamba

Aug 11, 2008, 10:55:40 AM8/11/08
"J. J. Hunsecker" <publicity_man_at_the_stork@c-and-a-half_an_hour> wrote in
message news:a7a0a4pfgj5u3npj2...@4ax.com...

Doesn't this show a true lack of common sense?

1. An OT that has 2. done his Purif and is 3. a world famous
entertainer/millionaire and 4.has a truly qualified Beverly Hills/Memphis
personal physician 5. dies on a treadmill?

Let me tell you one thing, he sure must have been up on his current
events as regards his own personal physical health and well being at the age
of 65.

--
Larry
{LaserClam Is Like A Pit Viper!}

Android Cat

Aug 11, 2008, 10:57:24 AM8/11/08
J. J. Hunsecker wrote:
> From the Hunsecker Desk:
>
> "When a piece of indoor sporting equipment used to bolster health can
> turn into a treading step wheel of death is a principle in belt
> systems gone awry not resulting in cardiovascular health but a
> probable brain stroke and/or heart attack delivering in this instance
> an instant god-of-funk death.
>
> Lackluster 'PR' results from the world newswires is all the Hunsecker
> column could find on the Isaac Hayes treadmill incident.
>
> Basic "Treadmill" info posted to ARS so far:
> Los Angeles - Soul legend Isaac Hayes, who laid the foundations for
> disco and rap, was found dead Sunday near a treadmill at his home in
> Memphis, Tennessee, at the age of 65, police said."

Was he doing the running portion of the Purification Rundown at the time?
And was he also overdosing with vitamins and spending extended time in the
sauna?

'cause we all know that damage from a stroke is all psychosomatic and can be
cured by Scientology...
--
Ron of that ilk.

WolfyRik

Aug 11, 2008, 11:04:35 AM8/11/08

Yup. This pretty much points to Isaac being yet another victim of
scientology quackery. Whether he was on Purif. or not, had he not been
a scientologist, he would have gone to a REAL doctor, who would have
discovered the REAL cause of the problem and would have sorted him out
with REAL medicine that would have had a REAL result and he'd still be
alive.

Scientology kills again.

Black Mamba

Aug 11, 2008, 11:09:11 AM8/11/08
"Android Cat" <androi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Android:

Want to hear a true coincidence?

I was on John Street (near Wall Street) here in New York City running on
MY treadmill at the time Isaac Hayes died next to his.

Isn't that something? I was working out at Gold's Gym on John Street at
the time.

feministe

Aug 11, 2008, 11:45:54 AM8/11/08
"J. J. Hunsecker" <publicity_man_at_the_stork@c-and-a-half_an_hour> a écrit
dans le message de news:a7a0a4pfgj5u3npj2...@4ax.com...

> From the Hunsecker Desk:

Very very bad shape and age for an OT to die.

My condolences to his wife and kid.

Black Mamba

Aug 11, 2008, 12:08:08 PM8/11/08
"feministe" <femi...@free.fr> wrote in message

Roger:

Don't be surprised if you find out that his wife and child may have
"murdered him" for an inheritance to pay for their OWN Bridges at Flag.

realpch

Aug 11, 2008, 4:34:08 PM8/11/08

Ah, the treadmill was still running. Hadn't read that before. Poor guy.
I suspect a lot of men go that way. Easy does it, boys!

Peach
--
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!
Save some dough, save some grief:

Mark Thorson

Aug 11, 2008, 8:11:17 PM8/11/08
realpch wrote:

> Ah, the treadmill was still running. Hadn't read that before. Poor guy.
> I suspect a lot of men go that way. Easy does it, boys!

It reminds me of the famous Reagan quote,
"They say hard work never killed anybody,
but why take the chance?".

Out_Of_The_Dark

Aug 11, 2008, 9:47:13 PM8/11/08
On Aug 11, 11:45 am, "feministe" <femini...@free.fr> wrote:
> "J. J. Hunsecker" <publicity_man_at_the_stork@c-and-a-half_an_hour> a écrit
> dans le message denews:a7a0a4pfgj5u3npj2...@4ax.com...

> > From the Hunsecker Desk:
>
> Very very bad shape and age for an OT to die.
>
> My condolences to his wife and kid.

all 12 of his kids. The man had an abundant love life in the past,
with 11 kids from his 3 previous marriages and 1 ( a 2 yr old ) from
the last.

Yes, he was ill and pronbably refused to take medicine for his
numerous medical conditions. A walking time bomb. Fortunately he's
being remembered most for all the work he did before he got in the
cult, not after.

feministe

Aug 12, 2008, 12:02:57 AM8/12/08
"Out_Of_The_Dark" <xscilen...@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de

--yes, exception for the "Chef" personage.
--Like for Corea, it seems that their better works had been done before.

--Travolta may be an exception: he was great before and remained so after.
But some lower level actresses and actors or singers may have had some
profit from scientology, having been brainwashed since young, like Beck.

"Rev" Norle Enturbulata, DTS, OD

Aug 12, 2008, 3:10:49 PM8/12/08

"Out_Of_The_Dark" <xscilen...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Indeed! The only thing Hayes is remembered for in his post-Cult life is
"Salty Chocolate Balls", and it wasn't written by him. Thankfully Matt and
Trey own all of it, and won't be subject to the cult's sticky fingers.

The other night we happened to be watching the Wayans' "I'm Gonna Get Ya
Sucka" - and tuned to the news afterwards, to be told about Hayes' death. A
discussion ensued about how Scientology probably disconnected him from the
Wayans crew on some level... and how being aware of this most likely
innoculated Jamie Foxx from the lure of the cult.)

Hayes as Hammer will certainly be remembered. Strangling a young Chris Rock
after he wanted to buy "just one rib": "Listen you Jeri-curled wan!"

Hopefully the cult didn't get any more hooks into Hayes' estate musically.
Such could complicate his heirs' efforts see any of that, for years to come.

"Rev" Norle Enturbulata, DTS, OD

Aug 12, 2008, 3:14:59 PM8/12/08

"feministe" <femi...@free.fr> wrote in message

I'm particularly incensed about the fact that the footage of Hayes doesn't
include any of his film roles, or the "Shaft" performance at the Academy
Awards (wearing all those gold chains - "How'd he go to the bathroom with
all that stuff on?"), or the WATTSTAXX show. What'd we see here?
Unfortunately the footage of Hayes in Congress, sitting down with Travolta
at the Clinton-aided "human rights in Germany" hearings. And the camera
isn't even on Hayes alot! What you see is around 20 seconds of Travolta,
around 2 seconds of Isaac Hayes. I got in touch with Sky News about it (UK)
but of course haven't been answered.

Has anyone else noticed this 'effect'?