The CULT is plain stupid. It sends useless DVD's!

navy.intern...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2007, 12:10:30โ€ฏAM6/4/07
In Europe we have region 1. So a DVD has to have this region's code to
make it playable on our DVD players. Everybody knows that. NOT THE
CULT! They sent out DVDs with another region code, so we cannot play
the DVD they sent! BBC, Panorama Exposed by Freedom is therefore a
useless thing, only to be used as a wall decoration. And proof of the
stupidity of the CULT.

knok_knok

Jun 4, 2007, 12:22:50โ€ฏAM6/4/07

OMFG....LMAO... Can these people be any dumber?

Answer is -- -- -- YES. Of course they can!

Time will prove me right.

RolandRB

Jun 4, 2007, 12:40:50โ€ฏAM6/4/07

navy.intern...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2007, 1:37:22โ€ฏAM6/4/07

1 or 2: I can still cannot watch the DVD as it has the wrong region
code.

Barbara Schwarz

Jun 4, 2007, 1:40:55โ€ฏAM6/4/07

Proves that the C of S is infiltrated and that infiltrators waste SCN
money.
That is, if the info in your posting is correct.

How do you like my sig line? :)

Barbara Schwarz

-- No cultist but a cooltist!

Eldon

Jun 4, 2007, 1:51:17โ€ฏAM6/4/07

OMG, why would they put any region code on it at all? That whole
rigamarole was set up just to protect theatrical release dates of
movies.

However, you might try it in a computer and see if that works. Mine
plays any and all DVDs. Also, I recall reading that the region codes
could be defeated just by going around the outside edge with a black
magic marker to trick the player.

If it matters.

navy.intern...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2007, 1:58:27โ€ฏAM6/4/07

Thanks for the advise. But I am in NO WAY interested in the lies of an
evil, sinister and dangerous CULT, thank you very much. ;-)
I only ordered the DVD so at least a few people don't have to swallow
the garbage. LOL!

Stephen Von Hatten

Jun 4, 2007, 3:28:45โ€ฏAM6/4/07

Wow Navy!

I'm suprised at you. I would've thought that you would be the last to
dismiss this as a "this comes from the Church of Scientology so it
must not be true." The CoS says the sky is blue. Is the sky no longer
blue just because the CoS says it is?

http://www.rickross.com/warningsigns.html

Check out: #2, #5, #7, #9, & #10

-Steve

Stephen Von Hatten

Jun 4, 2007, 3:29:39โ€ฏAM6/4/07

Barbara,

That makes me laugh. Can I be a "cooltist" too? ;-)

-Steve

Alert

Jun 4, 2007, 3:52:34โ€ฏAM6/4/07
On Jun 4, 5:28 pm, Stephen Von Hatten <stephen.vonhat...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Surely Navy's 'viewpoint' would have little to do with CO$
articulating footage of Sweeney by leaving out the lead ups by Tommy
Davis would it?

Maybe the captions that were displayed as Sweeney was talking to Shawn
(about his criminal record) that werent what he (Sweeney) actually
said may be a factor?

Possibly a long and documented history of criminality by scientology?

Face it Stephen, the DVD does nothing other than show that scientology
manipulate what it can to supply an 'apparency' through its deception.

Do you see Tommy laying down a foundation of diminished capacity
should Sweeney say 'cult' "one more time" at the event?

Do you see Tommy at Sweeneys hotel acknowledge that they had been
spying on Sweeney and went to the lengths as to find out what hotal
Sweeney and crew were staying in?

Did you see how your church articulated footage of Sweeney talking to
the Celebritologists?

How about the cert'd OT's lying about Xenu the Galactic Overload being
a core belief of scientology.

You are like a battered wife Stephen, you need to kick your abuser to
the curb and look at the picture from the only perspective that will
enable you to see it (your church) for what it is.

*That* perspective cannot exist from within the
'picture' (scientology)

Scientology is a box Stephen.

Here is what a scientologist 'in' scientology looks like from the only
perspective that enables one to see the box (scientology) for what it
is.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/MasterSofTrancE/Maninabox.gif

Message has been deleted

Ritsjoena

Jun 4, 2007, 4:25:29โ€ฏAM6/4/07
On Jun 4, 7:51 am, Eldon <EldonB...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jun 4, 6:10 am, navy.internetoplicht...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > In Europe we have region 1. So a DVD has to have this region's code to
> > make it playable on our DVD players. Everybody knows that. NOT THE
> > CULT! They sent out DVDs with another region code, so we cannot play
> > the DVD they sent! BBC, Panorama Exposed by Freedom is therefore a
> > useless thing, only to be used as a wall decoration. And proof of the
> > stupidity of the CULT.
>
> OMG, why would they put any region code on it at all? That whole
> rigamarole was set up just to protect theatrical release dates of
> movies.

Because they don't know the system. And they are probably typical
Americans: What works in America works everywhere.

> However, you might try it in a computer and see if that works. Mine
> plays any and all DVDs. Also, I recall reading that the region codes

Be careful with this. Some players can switch regions 5 times. After
that is gets stuck at the last region. You don't want that to be the
wrong region.

> could be defeated just by going around the outside edge with a black
> magic marker to trick the player.
>
> If it matters.

Most standalone players can be made region free. So they can play all.
You have to search the internet for instructions for you're player (if
it can).

Ritsjoena

Jun 4, 2007, 4:30:06โ€ฏAM6/4/07

I've seen the internet version. It is a good example of how propaganda
is used.

I hope you're action saved some people who can't tell the difference
between propaganda and the truth.

Eldon

Jun 4, 2007, 4:40:11โ€ฏAM6/4/07
On Jun 4, 7:58 am, navy.internetoplicht...@gmail.com wrote:

Well, I thought you wanted to laugh at the garbage and perhaps make a
deconstructive post about it. Of course, the smear piece is available
online anyway.

However, don't think you prevented anyone from seeing it by ordering a
free copy. It's pretty cheap to burn as many DVDs as they want,
especially considering the slave labor factor. The postage to send
them probably costs more. Figure not much more than a buck per copy
overall, maybe $1.50 for international shipment.

However, it is pretty stupid that they screwed themselves with the
useless regional coding. I only hope that act of idiocy doesn't land
some poor zombie in the RPF.

Hartley Patterson

Jun 4, 2007, 7:59:47โ€ฏAM6/4/07
navy.intern...@gmail.com:

Just to clear this up:
North America is region 1, Europe/Japan/Middle East region 2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=502554

The DVD is either region 2 or more likely 'region 0', ie not region
encoded and will play anywhere. That is normal for non-commercial DVDs.

It is possible they have made some region 1 copies for distribution in
North America, and you have accidentally been sent one of those.

--
Hartley Patterson
www.newsfrombree.co.uk

Alert

Jun 4, 2007, 8:08:04โ€ฏAM6/4/07
On Jun 4, 6:09 pm, "Stephen Von Hatten... REBORN!"
<insertpatheticnameh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I find it funny how you assume that I'm a Scientologist. I'm a Mormon.

Its not an assumption. You by your own admission were/was/is/have been
a scientologist. But meh, this is semantics

> And I think both sides have good points. Sweeney went in with a pre-
> conceived notion and tried to manipulate using it ("YOU'RE ALL
> BRAINWASHED!!!! BLAAAAAAAH!!!!) and then Sweeney's actual documentary
> had some good points, as well. Such as the Church of Scientology
> having their eye on Sweeney the ENTIRE TIME. That stuck me as a little
> creepy, but with Sweeney's preconceived notion, I can sorta understand
> why... not that it makes it right.

What is the difference between "Sweeney's preconcieved notion" as
opposed to a scientologists "preconcieved notion"?

The difference being, Sweeney's 'determinism' isnt bound by the
'determinism' per the words of hubbard as 'source'

> -Steve

Message has been deleted

Les Hemmings

Jun 4, 2007, 8:56:59โ€ฏAM6/4/07
Ritsjoena wrote:

>> However, you might try it in a computer and see if that works. Mine
>> plays any and all DVDs. Also, I recall reading that the region codes
>
> Be careful with this. Some players can switch regions 5 times. After
> that is gets stuck at the last region. You don't want that to be the
> wrong region.
>

> Most standalone players can be made region free. So they can play all.
> You have to search the internet for instructions for you're player (if
> it can).

Yes.. rewrite the firmware. Easily done and most players will have region
free firmware along with instruction available soon after the players
release. Google your player's make and model along with "region free
firmware" should do the trick.

Then DVD s from all regions play with no hassle...

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"These people believe the souls of fried space aliens inhabit their
bodies and hold soup cans to get rid of them. I should care what they
think?"...Valerie Emmanuel

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

Eldon

Jun 4, 2007, 9:34:41โ€ฏAM6/4/07
On Jun 4, 2:56 pm, "Les Hemmings" <les.frontalcla...@lobesvirgin.net>
wrote:

> Ritsjoena wrote:
>
> >> However, you might try it in a computer and see if that works. Mine
> >> plays any and all DVDs. Also, I recall reading that the region codes
>
> > Be careful with this. Some players can switch regions 5 times. After
> > that is gets stuck at the last region. You don't want that to be the
> > wrong region.
>
> > Most standalone players can be made region free. So they can play all.
> > You have to search the internet for instructions for you're player (if
> > it can).
>
> Yes.. rewrite the firmware. Easily done and most players will have region
> free firmware along with instruction available soon after the players
> release. Google your player's make and model along with "region free
> firmware" should do the trick.
>
> Then DVD s from all regions play with no hassle

On a more general note, what a bullshit idea it was to begin with. Can
you imagine how much time they spent trying to prevent what hackers
circumvent on a daily basis?

DRM is a ludicrous charade. If only they would listen to John Perry
Barlow and Steve Jobs...

RolandRB

Jun 4, 2007, 10:21:58โ€ฏAM6/4/07
On 4 Jun, 13:59, Hartley Patterson <hptt...@daisy.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:
> navy.internetoplicht...@gmail.com:

Accidents are caused by PTSness. PTS people should be made to run
round a pole in the desert until their ethics has been put back in.
That or shovel dried shit for months.

barbz

Jun 4, 2007, 10:57:25โ€ฏAM6/4/07
Sort of like PAL vs. NTSC television standards, eh?
That's truly funny, and demonstrates the cult's "one size fits all"
world view.

--
"I'm for the separation of church and hate."

Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC(wdne)
xenu...@netscape.net

Skipper

Jun 4, 2007, 11:12:30โ€ฏAM6/4/07
In article <gLV8i.357365$JN6.3...@newsfe17.phx>, barbz
<xenu...@netscape.net> wrote:

> navy.intern...@gmail.com wrote:
> > In Europe we have region 1. So a DVD has to have this region's code to
> > make it playable on our DVD players. Everybody knows that. NOT THE
> > CULT! They sent out DVDs with another region code, so we cannot play
> > the DVD they sent! BBC, Panorama Exposed by Freedom is therefore a
> > useless thing, only to be used as a wall decoration. And proof of the
> > stupidity of the CULT.
> >
> Sort of like PAL vs. NTSC television standards, eh?
> That's truly funny, and demonstrates the cult's "one size fits all"
> world view.

Good morning, sailors! As you know, I'm David Miscavidge, your fearless
leader! (pause) OK, I want all the members of the Gold basketball team
standing in the back like I told you, so the rest can see me!

{snickers}

As I was saying... we'll be passing out footbullet handguns after
Orders of the Day, and I want everyone on the firing range practicing
on those DVDs that came back that were created by PSYCHIATRISTS! By
Elwrong, I HATE them! HATE! HATE! HATE!

(a break in the speech as towels are brought in to wipe off the mouth
froth...)

barbz

Jun 4, 2007, 11:26:33โ€ฏAM6/4/07

Oh, it matters. It ain't every day that you get anything free, let alone
free entertainment, from the Happy Fun Cult!

Eldon

Jun 4, 2007, 11:49:42โ€ฏAM6/4/07
On Jun 4, 4:57 pm, barbz <xenub...@netscape.net> wrote:

> navy.internetoplicht...@gmail.com wrote:
> > In Europe we have region 1. So a DVD has to have this region's code to
> > make it playable on our DVD players. Everybody knows that. NOT THE
> > CULT! They sent out DVDs with another region code, so we cannot play
> > the DVD they sent! BBC, Panorama Exposed by Freedom is therefore a
> > useless thing, only to be used as a wall decoration. And proof of the
> > stupidity of the CULT.
>
> Sort of like PAL vs. NTSC television standards, eh?
> That's truly funny, and demonstrates the cult's "one size fits all"
> world view.

Not to mention SECAM, the French variant of PAL designed to limit what
French citizens could receive on their TVs just in case.... That was
sort of like regional DVD encoding in its day.

However, it didn't work. Where there's a will, there's a way around
any stupid, restrictive standard.

> --
> "I'm for the separation of church and hate."
>
> Barb
> Chaplain, ARSCC(wdne)

> xenub...@netscape.net

Stephen Von Hatten

Jun 4, 2007, 12:40:56โ€ฏPM6/4/07

You bring an interesting point. But who had the better video footage?
A lot of what Sweeney did was staged. Some of it didn't make the final
cut, but still... filming himself coming out of that building 3-4
times... hmmm.... something doesn't seem right there. What do you
think?

-Steve

Alert

Jun 4, 2007, 6:12:17โ€ฏPM6/4/07
On Jun 5, 2:40 am, Stephen Von Hatten <stephen.vonhat...@gmail.com>

How do you define "who had the better footage"? I think the "better
footage" is the footage that is complete and obviously not
articulated. Take for examle the footage uploaded initially to youtube
of Sweeney yelling. The lead up of Davis yelling was omitted, whereas,
the BBC showed both Davis spewing and Sweeny counter-spewing. You dont
find it a little odd that when Sweeney showed up to the event and
Tommy appeared and stated "I hope someone is recording this" (words to
the effect) that he didnt know his own people were there with cameras?
Come on Stephen, no matter what side of the fence one is on, its
blatantly obvious that Tommy is a puppet on a string. Scientology
helped him 'be' *that*

> A lot of what Sweeney did was staged.

Define 'staged' Stephen.

> Some of it didn't make the final
> cut,

Im sure BBC could make a mini series with all the footage they didnt
have time to use. 30 minutes is a short report. How much of the
factual and unarticulated footage made it to the DVD? The interviews
with the Celebritologists did nothing but show that the DVD was a
purely fabricated piece to 'dead agent' and 'black PR' Panorama.

> but still... filming himself coming out of that building 3-4
> times... hmmm.... something doesn't seem right there. What do you
> think?

I 'think' you are only focussing on a singular event trying to make
the requisite self justifications to excuse scientology as a whole. Im
not a film maker or what not, but even I know that retakes arent
abnormal. You havent commented on the specifics I mentioned intitially
Stephen, so I'll try again and expand a little

What so you about the subtitles that the DVD show that arent the words
Sweeney used when he was asking Shawn about his 'criminal record'?

What say you about the DVD not showing the entirety of the footage
with Tommy and Sweeney at the CCHR exhibit?

What say you about Tommy warning of a diminished capacity at the event
if Sweeney used the word 'cult' "one more time"

What say you about the cert'd Celebrity OT's lying about Xenu the
Galactic overlord?

What say you about Tommy acknowledging that Sweeney had been spied on
and arriving at Sweeneys hotel even though Davis/scientology had gone
to lengths to find out what hotel Panorama was staying at?

What say you about the blatant lies that Panorama staged a picket in
London, when in fact the pickets in London were verified as not being
orchestrated by Panorama or Sweeney.

What say you about the 'terrorist threats' that were so familiar and
similar to 'operation freakout' details?

> -Steve

Rev. Norle Enturbulata, COD

Jun 4, 2007, 6:34:57โ€ฏPM6/4/07

"Stephen Von Hatten" <stephen....@gmail.com> wrote in message

The Scientologist hand-held stuff sucked and one would have to be an
indoctrinated twat to think otherwise.

> A lot of what Sweeney did was staged.

Like what, precisely?

> Some of it didn't make the final cut, but still...

Obviously there was more footage of Scientologists acting like Ron drones
gone amok, but of course this was a more-than-an-hour show stuffed into a
30-minute slot. So your statement is redundant at best, and just fills
space to most likely help you feel like you have something to say.

> filming himself coming out of that building 3-4 times...

Other than a Scientologist "source" for such a comment do you have any real
proof that such a thing was done?

> hmmm.... something doesn't seem right there. What do you think?

It's obvious to everyone else, but somehow, not you. Why do you think this
is, O Disingenuous One?

Watch the entire Panorama here:
http://xenutv.wordpress.com/2007/05/15/panorama-scientology-and-me/

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2535187,00.html
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/9363363/inside_scientology
http://xenu.com-it.net/txt/ildikoe.htm
http://www.xenu.net
http://www.xenutv.com
http://www.scientology-lies.com
http://www.whyaretheydead.net
http://www.scientology-kills.org

Rev. Norle Enturbulata
"Church" of Cartoonism
*
* " You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way
you can control anybody is to lie to them."
* -- L. Ron Hubbard, "Technique 88"
*
* "...Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her
crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes
exist...."
* L. Ron Hubbard, "Critics of Scientology", November 5, 1967
*
* "All men shall be my slaves! All women shall succumb to my charms! All
mankind shall grovel at my feet and not know why!"
- L. Ron Hubbard, "Personal Affirmations"

> -Steve

Stephen Von Hatten

Jun 4, 2007, 6:55:21โ€ฏPM6/4/07

Well, for one thing, the whole walking in and out of the building 2 or
3 times trying to get the best shot. Then his "YOU'RE BRAINWASHED!"
"BUT IF YOU WERE BRAINWASHED, YOU WOULD SAY THAT WOULDN'T YOU?"

Are you folks brainwashed?

As for Sweeney's actual documentary, I said it had some good points.
You folks keep putting words in my mouth with your "guilt by
association" tactic. I gave Andreas a break... maybe you should give
me a break, hmmm?

That being said, I can actually agree with a lot of the things you've
stated above. So, moot point.

-Steve

Skipper

Jun 4, 2007, 7:05:41โ€ฏPM6/4/07
In article <1180997721.0...@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
Stephen Von Hatten <stephen....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you folks brainwashed?

Stephen Von Hate 'n

Stephen Von Hatten

Jun 4, 2007, 7:05:46โ€ฏPM6/4/07
On Jun 4, 4:34 pm, "Rev. Norle Enturbulata, COD" <not-earthli...@nor-
hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Stephen Von Hatten" <stephen.vonhat...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1180975256....@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2535187,00.htmlhttp://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/9363363/inside_scientologyhttp://xenu.com-it.net/txt/ildikoe.htmhttp://www.xenu.nethttp://www.xenutv.comhttp://www.scientology-lies.comhttp://www.whyaretheydead.nethttp://www.scientology-kills.org

> Rev. Norle Enturbulata
> "Church" of Cartoonism
> *
> * " You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way
> you can control anybody is to lie to them."
> * -- L. Ron Hubbard, "Technique 88"
> *
> * "...Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her
> crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes
> exist...."
> * L. Ron Hubbard, "Critics of Scientology", November 5, 1967
> *
> * "All men shall be my slaves! All women shall succumb to my charms! All
> mankind shall grovel at my feet and not know why!"
> - L. Ron Hubbard, "Personal Affirmations"
>

> > -Steve

Nice. I like how every post you try to belittle me. That's nice.
Another butterflygrrrl attitude. What are you trying to do? Make
critics look like morons and extremists. When I first came here as a
Scientologist, the only reason this place was bearable to even READ
was because of nice people who welcomed open and calm discussion. You,
sir, make ARS turn into a hell-hole. You wouldn't be so bad if you'd
make a couple jokes here and there, ya know. You should try it
sometime.

> Obviously there was more footage of Scientologists acting like Ron drones
gone amok, but of course this was a more-than-an-hour show stuffed
into a
30-minute slot. So your statement is redundant at best, and just
fills
space to most likely help you feel like you have something to say.

> It's obvious to everyone else, but somehow, not you. Why do you think this
is, O Disingenuous One?

You remind me of Truth Seeker. Go to your Supervisor ya gnat! :-P

-Steve

John

Jun 4, 2007, 7:42:28โ€ฏPM6/4/07

"barbz" <xenu...@netscape.net> wrote in message

> navy.intern...@gmail.com wrote:
>> In Europe we have region 1. So a DVD has to have this region's code to
>> make it playable on our DVD players. Everybody knows that. NOT THE
>> CULT! They sent out DVDs with another region code, so we cannot play
>> the DVD they sent! BBC, Panorama Exposed by Freedom is therefore a
>> useless thing, only to be used as a wall decoration. And proof of the
>> stupidity of the CULT.
>>
> Sort of like PAL vs. NTSC television standards, eh?
> That's truly funny, and demonstrates the cult's "one size fits all" world
> view.

ahh NTSC. Never Twice the Same Colour :)

Stephen Von Hatten

Jun 4, 2007, 7:54:40โ€ฏPM6/4/07
On Jun 4, 5:05 pm, Skipper <skipspaml...@charter.invalid> wrote:
> In article <1180997721.083217.265...@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,

> Stephen Von Hatten <stephen.vonhat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Are you folks brainwashed?
>
> Stephen Von Hate 'n

Hahaha!

-Steve

Alert

Jun 4, 2007, 8:23:51โ€ฏPM6/4/07
On Jun 5, 8:55 am, Stephen Von Hatten <stephen.vonhat...@gmail.com>

You are referring to the craftlily edited DVD Stephen. The only 're-
takes' I recall from the DVD are the ones where Sweeney walks up to a
back door and knocking and his wal kin and outs at an Org. You are
making the assumption that it was all about deception. It may well
have to do with sound or what was inadvertently in the camera shots.
Who knows?

Let's be honest here Stephen, this is more than ample 'proof' (how
convenient that hubbard labelled 'proof' as a level of aberration'?)
in hubbards lectures/writings of him stating in a technical bulliten
that:

"We now know more about psychiatry than psychiatrists. We can
brainwash
faster than the Russians (20 secs to total amnesia against three years
slightly confused loyalty.)"

Hubbard also states in PDC lecture # 20 :

" This universe has long been looking for new ways to make slaves.
Well, we've got some new ways to make slaves here. Let's see that none
are made.

Now it's fortunate that we are able to make Clears as fast as we can
make them. It's very, very fortunate. Because black Dianetics, as most
destructive things work in this universe, could work a lot faster than
the old-time techniques - work really fast. Nowadays - get this - you
can use creative processing; the process of using mock-ups will flip
out a PDH without ever touching it or addressing it. Isn't that
fascinating. You can knock a PDH to pieces with fifteen minutes of
processing. And it takes longer than that to put one in."

There is so much more Stephen. Stuff like:

"The mechanism of brainwashing which I gave you, with supercold
mechanisms and so forth, is very well known, was used very extensively
in the Maw Confederation of the Sixty-third Galaxy. They had a total
psychiatric control of all of their officers and executives, and when
they got tired of them they used this specific method of
brainwashing."(Power of Simplicity tapes)

Where is the best place to hide something Stephen?
Right before ones very own eyes and ears.

"But if Freedom has no anatomy, then please explain how one is going
to attain to something which cannot be fully explained. If anyone
talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line.
This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no
freedom."
Dianetics 55
Trapped

What is the difference between a 'road to freedom' and a 'bridge to
total freedom' Stephen?

"Scientology is a religious philosophy in its highest meaning as it
brings man to Total Freedom."
L. Ron Hubbard
Religious Philosophy and Religious Practice

What does Hubbard say about 'total freedom'?

"An endless freedom from is a perfect trap, a fear of all things ...
Fixed on too many barriers, man yearns to be free. But launched into
total freedom<br> he is purposeless and miserable."
L. Ron Hubbard
The Reason Why
15 May 1956.

> Are you folks brainwashed?

Step outside the box Stephen

brainwashed

adj : subjected to intensive forced indoctrination resulting in
the rejection of old beliefs and acceptance of new ones;
"brainwashed prisoners of war"; "captive audiences for
TV commercials can become brainwashed consumers"

brainร‚ยทwashร‚ยทing ( P ) Pronunciation Key
(brnwshng, -wรƒยดshng)
n.

1. Intensive, forcible indoctrination, usually political
or religious, aimed at destroying a person's basic
convictions and attitudes and replacing them with an
alternative set of fixed beliefs.

2. The application of a concentrated means of persuasion,
such as an advertising campaign or repeated suggestion,
in order to develop a specific belief or motivation.

Source: The American Heritageร‚ยฎ Dictionary of the
English Language, Fourth Edition

brainร‚ยทwashร‚ยทing (brnwshng)
n.

Inducing a person to modify his or her beliefs,
attitudes, or behavior by conditioning through various
forms of pressure or torture.

Source: The American Heritageร‚ยฎ Stedman's Medical
Dictionary

Main Entry: brainร‚ยทwashร‚ยทing
Pronunciation: 'brAn-"wosh-i[ng], -"wรƒยคsh-
Function: noun
: a forcible indoctrination to induce someone to give
up basic political, social, or religious beliefs and attitudes
and to accept contrasting regimented ideas รขโ‚ฌ"brainร‚ยทwash
transitive verb รขโ‚ฌ"brainwash noun รขโ‚ฌ"brainร‚ยทwashร‚ยทer noun

Source: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary,

brainwashing:
n : forcible indoctrination into a new set of attitudes and beliefs

brainwashed:
adj : subjected to intensive forced indoctrination resulting
in the rejection of old beliefs and acceptance of new ones;
"brainwashed prisoners of war"; "captive audiences for TV
commercials can become brainwashed consumers"
[ant: unbrainwashed]

Source: WordNet ร‚ยฎ 2.0, ร‚ยฉ 2003 Princeton University

> As for Sweeney's actual documentary, I said it had some good points.
> You folks keep putting words in my mouth with your "guilt by
> association" tactic. I gave Andreas a break... maybe you should give
> me a break, hmmm?

Scuzzi? Im addressing you singularly, so why portray me as a
collective? Whining about people calling you names isnt a good idea.
You either ignore them or you give what you get. Ive been called so
many names over the last year or so of being on the Internet, but it
doesnt detract from the fact that scientology is in fact a
brainwashing cult. The word 'brainwashing' may not be the best
reference to use, but it does fit the assuming of hubbards own
lunacies as ones own 'determinism' and hubbards book on psychopolitics
has deemed scientology/dianetics as 'brainwashing' by hubbards own
words.

> That being said, I can actually agree with a lot of the things you've
> stated above. So, moot point.
>
> -Steve

I wont bother you again then.

JAFAW

Jun 4, 2007, 8:34:30โ€ฏPM6/4/07

"John" <jo...@junk.com> wrote in message
or "YelloVision" as we used to call it in the days when they badly converted
analogue NTSC video taped programs to show on British PAL TV. For years I
used to think that everyone in the USA had jaundice. ;)

Stephen Von Hatten

Jun 5, 2007, 1:57:55โ€ฏAM6/5/07
> processing. And it takes longer than that to put one in." ...
>
> read more ยป

Ah yes. The back door. I forgot about that one. Thanks for the
reminder. It's late. I'll respond to the rest in the morning...
granted I have the time.

-Steve

Wyatt....@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2007, 3:22:58โ€ฏAM6/5/07
Really, who here knows what cock tastes like? I bet it's salty, like
bacon.

Rev. Norle Enturbulata, COD

Jun 5, 2007, 3:40:44โ€ฏAM6/5/07

"Stephen Von Hatten" <stephen....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Can't confront, eh?

> Another butterflygrrrl attitude.

Yeah, I have trouble putting up with inexcusable apologists too, I guess.
What's YOUR problem then?

> What are you trying to do?

Get a straight answer out of you?

> Make
> critics look like morons and extremists. When I first came here as a
> Scientologist, the only reason this place was bearable to even READ
> was because of nice people who welcomed open and calm discussion.

Whew, nice theory you have there. Air it out sometime so that others can
let you know how valid it is.

> You, sir, make ARS turn into a hell-hole.

Stop acting like Hubbard, first off. Second, you have no basis for
judgement, having been deluded by the Hubbard mind-fuck, and somehow you've
reverse confused it for yourself, mistaking your perception of this
newsgroup ('hell-hole') for your actual stance as an apologist ('asshole').

> You wouldn't be so bad if you'd
> make a couple jokes here and there, ya know. You should try it
> sometime.

There is no humor in Scientology except at someone elses' expense. Give us
an example of your well-oiled joke mechanism, neh?

>> Obviously there was more footage of Scientologists acting like Ron drones
> gone amok, but of course this was a more-than-an-hour show stuffed
> into a
> 30-minute slot. So your statement is redundant at best, and just
> fills
> space to most likely help you feel like you have something to say.
>
>> It's obvious to everyone else, but somehow, not you. Why do you think
>> this
> is, O Disingenuous One?
>
> You remind me of Truth Seeker. Go to your Supervisor ya gnat! :-P

Get a new skin, bub. Your "tech" doesn't work.

Rev. Norle Enturbulata, COD

Jun 5, 2007, 3:42:13โ€ฏAM6/5/07

"JAFAW" <an...@anon.net> wrote in message

Don't forget the helium-like voice shifts, which one only notices at first.
Ah, PAL. Beloved in, um, two countries on the planet?

Les Hemmings

Jun 5, 2007, 4:53:13โ€ฏAM6/5/07
Rev. Norle Enturbulata, COD wrote:
> Don't forget the helium-like voice shifts, which one only notices at
> first. Ah, PAL. Beloved in, um, two countries on the planet?

I just looked in the nvidia tv settings and counted 50 countries using the
various flavours of pal....

Rev. Norle Enturbulata, COD

Jun 5, 2007, 10:24:58โ€ฏAM6/5/07

"Les Hemmings" <les.fron...@lobesvirgin.net> wrote in message

> Rev. Norle Enturbulata, COD wrote:
>> Don't forget the helium-like voice shifts, which one only notices at
>> first. Ah, PAL. Beloved in, um, two countries on the planet?
>
> I just looked in the nvidia tv settings and counted 50 countries using the
> various flavours of pal....

On the video card, that is...?

Les Hemmings

Jun 5, 2007, 11:32:26โ€ฏAM6/5/07
Rev. Norle Enturbulata, COD wrote:
> "Les Hemmings" <les.fron...@lobesvirgin.net> wrote in message
>> Rev. Norle Enturbulata, COD wrote:
>>> Don't forget the helium-like voice shifts, which one only notices at
>>> first. Ah, PAL. Beloved in, um, two countries on the planet?
>>
>> I just looked in the nvidia tv settings and counted 50 countries
>> using the various flavours of pal....
>
> On the video card, that is...?

Yep.... what system for each country to send down the TV-Out cable. It
would have to match the TV set for each country.. systems vary.

D/PAL for North Korea, B/PAL Thailand, K1/PAL Guinea etc.

Les

Piltdown Man

Jun 7, 2007, 10:56:04โ€ฏPM6/7/07

Eldon <Eldo...@aol.com> wrote...

<snip>

> Not to mention SECAM, the French variant of PAL designed to limit what
> French citizens could receive on their TVs just in case.... That was
> sort of like regional DVD encoding in its day.

And long since retired. It did result in the oddity that for years TV sets
and later VCRs sold in Belgium had to be special bi-standard PAL/SECAM
models, since people in the French-speaking parts of the country wanted to
be able to watch French TV too, but the Belgian TV broadcasts were all in
PAL. I've been reliably told that when cable TV came along in Belgium, the
conversion method initially used to put French channels on cable was to
have a PAL video camera aimed at the screen of a SECAM television set. That
was much cheaper than buying a proper conversion box. And who cared that
all the people on screen seemed to wear green, or purple, or orange pancake
(the hues depending on weather conditions along the Franco-Belgian border),
and that everything was permanently blurry?

SECAM was also used by some Eastern Bloc countries. I seem to recall East
Germany used it, to try and prevent people from watching West German TV.