SO ED 68 US

1 view

Warrior

May 23, 2004, 10:07:13 PM5/23/04
Scientology's often repeated claim of "eight million" members is a
complete fabrication.

From Sea Organization Executive Directive Number 68 for the United
States:

=== begin quote ===

E X E C U T I V E D I R E C T I V E

SO ED 68 US 5 January 1975

_HIGHLY COMMENDED_

January 1st, 1975 marked the beginning of ASHO's Golden
Era of Tech in that the Sea Org overcoming a number of hairy
situations, in true Sea Org style, mailed the Auditor with the
new 1975 Classification, Gradation and Awareness Chart to
216,701 CF public on time all at once.

The crew who assisted in this All Hands are HIGHLY
COMMENDED and are as follows: (* denotes those who put in
extra work to get the Auditor mailed.)

=== end quote ===

In 1983 I held the position of Address Officer/Computer I/C ASHO Day.
At that time -- 8 years _after_ the date of the above SO ED -- ASHO's
CF (central files) consisted of a total of 250,000 names.

Here's the breakdown of the list:

180,000 had either bought a book or had only done an introductory or
"basic course"
25,000 individuals were either "ad unk" (address unknown) or had been
"dead filed" (were on the list but were not sent any mailings)
45,000 had completed a "major service" (training and/or auditing)

Warrior - Sunshine disinfects
http://warrior.xenu.ca

Nelson

May 24, 2004, 6:35:25 AM5/24/04

"Warrior" <war...@xenu.ca> wrote in message

> In 1983 I held the position of Address Officer/Computer I/C ASHO Day.
> At that time -- 8 years _after_ the date of the above SO ED -- ASHO's
> CF (central files) consisted of a total of 250,000 names.

> Warrior - Sunshine disinfects

What you are not saying is that is HALF of ONE organisation of Scientology.
And I doubt you kept the central files in good order. Losing people is a
good way to covertly crash an org. There is policy against that. Probably
written for dealing with people like you.
Nelson

Ed

May 24, 2004, 8:25:58 AM5/24/04

Warrior wrote:

> Scientology's often repeated claim of "eight million" members is a
> complete fabrication.

Just to get this into the title... I'd guess N. America had
60-70% of the world's Scn CF at that time, so adding comparable lists
from other continents would get a total of 300-350 thousand. (Of
course there'd be lots of duplicates, Add Unk, deceased and deadfiled
included.) If anyone has a better estimate than 60-70% please speak
up.)

The Grade Chart is probably the single most impressive piece of paper
in all of Scientology for anyone who is already in or receptive to it.
It lays out the huge and complicated details of the entire "bridge"
both in training and processing, and it creates a yearning to get
moving upwards. You can be sure they mailed a copy of the revised
version of that chart to everyone they possibly could. The Grade Chart
is meant to be displayed on one's wall. It's huge, maybe 2 x 3 or 3 x
4 feet. Any mailing that includes a copy needs extra postage, so they
try to use some discipline in how freely they send them out.

Thanks, Warrior, this issue you've posted helps us to pin down the
truth of the actual size of the C of S. Of course by this time in 1975
they were already claiming 8 million as their membership.

Ed

Android Cat

May 24, 2004, 9:15:28 AM5/24/04
Ed wrote:
> Warrior wrote:
>>
>> Scientology's often repeated claim of "eight million" members is a
>> complete fabrication.
>>
> Just to get this into the title... I'd guess N. America had
> 60-70% of the world's Scn CF at that time, so adding comparable lists
> from other continents would get a total of 300-350 thousand. (Of
> course there'd be lots of duplicates, Add Unk, deceased and deadfiled
> included.) If anyone has a better estimate than 60-70% please speak
> up.)
>
> The Grade Chart is probably the single most impressive piece of paper
> in all of Scientology for anyone who is already in or receptive to it.
> It lays out the huge and complicated details of the entire "bridge"
> both in training and processing, and it creates a yearning to get
> moving upwards. You can be sure they mailed a copy of the revised
> version of that chart to everyone they possibly could. The Grade Chart
> is meant to be displayed on one's wall. It's huge, maybe 2 x 3 or 3 x
> 4 feet. Any mailing that includes a copy needs extra postage, so they
> try to use some discipline in how freely they send them out.
>
> Thanks, Warrior, this issue you've posted helps us to pin down the
> truth of the actual size of the C of S. Of course by this time in 1975
> they were already claiming 8 million as their membership.

With occasional spikes in the claims. A 1970 copy of Final Blackout had a
claim of 15 million.

"HE IS ALSO renowned as the founder of Scientology and the creator of
"Dianetics," with an estimated 15 million adherents around the world."

They kept postulating larger numbers in hopes that one would stick like the
8 million claim.

--
Ron of that ilk.

Heffer

May 24, 2004, 9:53:17 AM5/24/04
On 23 May 2004 19:07:13 -0700, Warrior <war...@xenu.ca> wrote:

>Scientology's often repeated claim of "eight million" members is a
>complete fabrication.
>
>From Sea Organization Executive Directive Number 68 for the United
>States:

>E X E C U T I V E D I R E C T I V E

>SO ED 68 US 5 January 1975

> January 1st, 1975 marked the beginning of ASHO's Golden

> Era of Tech in that the Sea Org overcoming a number of hairy
> situations, in true Sea Org style, mailed the Auditor with the
> new 1975 Classification, Gradation and Awareness Chart to
> 216,701 CF public on time all at once.

"Golden Era of Tech"? This one's been recycled as the
Golden Age of Tech in the late '90s.

---
Heffer, OSA Lackey, H-Group
#315905 on the Dorian List
Regurgitating Propagandist

Revd. Norle Enturbulata

May 24, 2004, 12:09:06 PM5/24/04

"Ed" <met...@aol.com> wrote in message news:40B1E9D6...@aol.com...

> Warrior wrote:
> >
> > Scientology's often repeated claim of "eight million" members is a
> > complete fabrication.
> >
> Just to get this into the title... I'd guess N. America had
> 60-70% of the world's Scn CF at that time, so adding comparable lists
> from other continents would get a total of 300-350 thousand. (Of
> course there'd be lots of duplicates, Add Unk, deceased and deadfiled
> included.) If anyone has a better estimate than 60-70% please speak
> up.)

Don't forget that if you've bought a copy of "Dianetics" (or any of the
other rubbish Hubbard and his ghost-writers 'wrote'), or even a paper clip
from a WISE-entangled company, you're also a Scientologist.

Scientology is dwindling, dwindling, dwindling.

> The Grade Chart is probably the single most impressive piece of paper
> in all of Scientology for anyone who is already in or receptive to it.

Where's Love or Compassion on it? Or Forgiveness? The Grade Chart is a
guide to aggressive intellectual racism the likes of which haven't been seen
on this planet since 1938. In a similar manner to the marks on the wall
parents make when measuring the height of their children, the Grade Chart is
a yardstick for how much "better" the Scientologist is than everyone outside
the cult.

--
Revd. Norle Enturbulata
"Church" of Cartoonism

roger gonnet

May 24, 2004, 12:09:23 PM5/24/04

"Warrior" <war...@xenu.ca> a écrit dans le message de
> [...]

I think that for french orgs, the numbers were around 58000 names after more
than 40 years.

Ca one third without a known adress.

roger gonnet

May 24, 2004, 12:10:20 PM5/24/04

"Ed" <met...@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de

> Warrior wrote:
> >
> > Scientology's often repeated claim of "eight million" members is a
> > complete fabrication.
> >
> Just to get this into the title... I'd guess N. America had
> 60-70% of the world's Scn CF at that time, so adding comparable lists
> from other continents would get a total of 300-350 thousand. (Of
> course there'd be lots of duplicates, Add Unk, deceased and deadfiled
> included.) If anyone has a better estimate than 60-70% please speak
> up.)
>
> The Grade Chart is probably the single most impressive piece of paper
> in all of Scientology for anyone who is already in or receptive to it.
> It lays out the huge and complicated details of the entire "bridge"
> both in training and processing, and it creates a yearning to get
> moving upwards. You can be sure they mailed a copy of the revised
> version of that chart to everyone they possibly could. The Grade Chart
> is meant to be displayed on one's wall. It's huge, maybe 2 x 3 or 3 x
> 4 feet. Any mailing that includes a copy needs extra postage, so they
> try to use some discipline in how freely they send them out.
>
> Thanks, Warrior, this issue you've posted helps us to pin down the
> truth of the actual size of the C of S. Of course by this time in 1975
> they were already claiming 8 million as their membership.

they had even claimed (Owen Starkey did it) 17 or like 20 millions as soon
as 1977 or 78.

Zinj

May 24, 2004, 2:18:30 PM5/24/04
In article <40b1fd9b...@news2.lightlink.com>,
hef...@scientologylies.com says...

<snip>

> "Golden Era of Tech"? This one's been recycled as the
> Golden Age of Tech in the late '90s.

Known as the 'Golden Showers of Tech' by cognoscenti.

Zinj
--
You can lead a Clam to Reason, but you Can't Make him Think

arnie lerma - www.lermanet.com

May 24, 2004, 10:26:05 PM5/24/04

Gee Nelson,

I bet Scientology could help you with that..

Arnie
I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speak.
The only thing that always works in scientology are its lawyers
The internet is the liberty tree of the new millennium
Secrets are the mortar binding lies as bricks together into prisons for the mind
Support http://www.lermanet.com - mentioned 4 January 2000 in
The Washington Post's - 'Reliable Source' column re "Scientologist with no HEAD"

Warrior

May 24, 2004, 10:49:11 PM5/24/04

In article <Ndksc.573507$oR5.424234@pd7tw3no>, Nelson says...

>What you are not saying is that is HALF of ONE organisation of
>Scientology. And I doubt you kept the central files in good order.
>Losing people is a good way to covertly crash an org. There is
>policy against that. Probably written for dealing with people like
>you.

Hi Nelson,

You're right that I didn't say in my initial post that ASHO Day is half
of one organization. There's a lot I didn't say. I wanted to leave
room for you to stick your foot in your mouth again. You're also
correct in saying that I didn't keep the Central Files in good order.
In fact, I didn't keep Central Files in any kind of order because I never
worked in the Central Files Section. I worked in the Address Section
which was in an altogether different building -- the AOLA at 1306
North Berendo Street. You are also correct that Hubbard said that
losing public is a good way to "crash an org". I never did anything
of the sort.

As for your opinion that it was probably written for dealing with people
like me, you are mistaken. During my years in the Sea Org at ASHO
I was as dedicated as any Sea Org member could be. My awards and
certificates -- see http://warrior.xenu.ca/certs.html -- demonstrate this.
I only left the Sea Org in September of 1983 because my wife Vicky
had medical problems during her pregnancy, and I needed to get a job
to be able to take care of her and to get some medical insurance,
which as you know, is not provided by the Sea Org. I left the Sea Org
in good standing, on an approved, indefinite leave of absence.

As for ASHO Day being only one half of one organization, what you may
not know is that by September of 1983, the mailing list used by ASHO
contained the names of every known person who had *ever* taken a
service or had bought a book or had written in to *any* organization in
the western hemisphere. The ASHO list was shared by ASHO Foundation,
LA Org, AOLA, Celebrity Center, Tours Org West US, FOLO WUS and all of
the other smaller organizations (e.g., the Cadet Org). I was part of a
group of Sea Org members who computerized *every* name from *every*
Scientology organization in the western hemisphere. The computer list
contained the name of every person who had a Central File folder in ASHO's
Central Files, as well as every person who had a file in the Central Files
Section of *every* other organization in the western hemisphere. I still
have a dispatch in my possession from Steve Vanderloop, who was the
Bulk Mail I/C in charge of keeping track of which orgs had complied to
Scientology management's order (in accordance to a target on Base Order
2 US) which entrusted Sea Org Missionaires with the job of ensuring that
they received in hand the complete address of *every* organization that
they visited while doing "Registration Tours" to all of the "outer orgs".

When I left the Sea Org on an approved leave of absence in September
of 1983, the project had been completed. The computer, known as the
AOLA Computer -- a DEC 1134 -- then contained complete records of
*every* known "public", *every* known bookbuyer, and *every* known
person who had *ever* had *any* contact with a any Scientology organ-
ization in the western hemisphere.

I don't care if you believe me, but what I have written above is the truth.

You are free to continue to believe in Scientology's lies of 8 or 6 or 9 or
15 million members or whatever lie current management is putting out
today. I hope you find happiness while holding on to your delusions.

Warrior

May 24, 2004, 11:04:41 PM5/24/04

In article <40B1E9D6...@aol.com>, Ed says...

> Just to get this into the title... I'd guess N. America had
>60-70% of the world's Scn CF at that time, so adding comparable lists
>from other continents would get a total of 300-350 thousand. (Of
>course there'd be lots of duplicates, Add Unk, deceased and deadfiled
>included.) If anyone has a better estimate than 60-70% please speak
>up.)

In fact there were lots of duplicates. Saint Hill England shipped to LA the
Central File folders of all known public in the Americas. ASHO and AOLA
Sea Org members fought over these folders when they arrived at the LA
harbor. When the American Saint Hill and the (American) Advanced
Organization of LA were established by Sea Org missionaires, the Central
File folders of people living in America who had done services at St. Hill
England, were placed into the CF Sections of ASHO and AOLA. I have
seen the invoice for the billing ordered by the DGF WW, Herbie Parkhouse,
for ASHO's share of the folders, based upon Hubbard policy stating the
value of a central file folder.

>The Grade Chart is probably the single most impressive piece of paper
>in all of Scientology for anyone who is already in or receptive to it.
>It lays out the huge and complicated details of the entire "bridge"
>both in training and processing, and it creates a yearning to get
>moving upwards. You can be sure they mailed a copy of the revised
>version of that chart to everyone they possibly could.

Correct.

>The Grade Chart is meant to be displayed on one's wall. It's huge, maybe
>2 x 3 or 3 x 4 feet. Any mailing that includes a copy needs extra postage,
>so they try to use some discipline in how freely they send them out.
>
>Thanks, Warrior, this issue you've posted helps us to pin down the
>truth of the actual size of the C of S. Of course by this time in 1975
>they were already claiming 8 million as their membership.
>
>Ed

You're welcome, Ed.

Warrior

May 24, 2004, 11:23:49 PM5/24/04

In article <40b1fd9b...@news2.lightlink.com>, Heffer says...

>"Golden Era of Tech"? This one's been recycled as the Golden Age
>of Tech in the late '90s.

In December of 1954 Scientology sent out its "official publication",
a mailing piece titled "The Golden Dawn -- An Invitation To Freedom",
issue 1-0A from its 806 North Third Street offices in Phoenix, AZ.
It's a blatant rip off from another practice. Hubbard was the original
squirrel and Suppressive Person.

Warrior

May 24, 2004, 11:26:07 PM5/24/04
>Warrior wrote:
>>
>> Scientology's often repeated claim of "eight million" members is a
>> complete fabrication.

In article <40B1E9D6...@aol.com>, Ed says...

> Just to get this into the title... I'd guess N. America had
>60-70% of the world's Scn CF at that time, so adding comparable lists
>from other continents would get a total of 300-350 thousand. (Of
>course there'd be lots of duplicates, Add Unk, deceased and deadfiled
>included.) If anyone has a better estimate than 60-70% please speak
>up.)

In fact there were lots of duplicates. Saint Hill England shipped to LA the

Central File folders of all known public in the Americas. ASHO and AOLA
Sea Org members fought over these folders when they arrived at the LA
harbor. When the American Saint Hill and the (American) Advanced
Organization of LA were established by Sea Org missionaires, the Central
File folders of people living in America who had done services at St. Hill
England, were placed into the CF Sections of ASHO and AOLA. I have
seen the invoice for the billing ordered by the DGF WW, Herbie Parkhouse,
for ASHO's share of the folders, based upon Hubbard policy stating the
value of a central file folder.

>The Grade Chart is probably the single most impressive piece of paper

>in all of Scientology for anyone who is already in or receptive to it.
>It lays out the huge and complicated details of the entire "bridge"
>both in training and processing, and it creates a yearning to get
>moving upwards. You can be sure they mailed a copy of the revised
>version of that chart to everyone they possibly could.

Correct.

>The Grade Chart is meant to be displayed on one's wall. It's huge, maybe
>2 x 3 or 3 x 4 feet. Any mailing that includes a copy needs extra postage,
>so they try to use some discipline in how freely they send them out.
>
>Thanks, Warrior, this issue you've posted helps us to pin down the
>truth of the actual size of the C of S. Of course by this time in 1975
>they were already claiming 8 million as their membership.
>
>Ed

You're welcome, Ed.

Nelson

May 25, 2004, 5:23:25 AM5/25/04

> The computer list
> contained the name of every person who had a Central File folder in ASHO's
> Central Files, as well as every person who had a file in the Central Files
> Section of *every* other organization in the western hemisphere.
> Warrior - Sunshine disinfects

Look, do the math, you cant expect anyone to believe that in the whole
western hemiphere there were only about 250.000 peaple who had ever, EVER
bought a Dianbetics or Scientology Book or Service. That is the way into the
central files list. Buy a book or service, even a pack of The Way To
Happiness Booklets or an introductory service. In the whole western
hemisphere there was only 250,000? OK lets say half the people relocated or
otherwise were off the list. That is still only 500,000 total. Bridge
Publications could not possibly have survived this long on that small of a
sales base even if each person bought the whole LRH library.

Nelson

ladayla

May 25, 2004, 11:56:36 AM5/25/04
In article <95455429.0...@drn.newsguy.com>, Warrior says...

>>On 23 May 2004 19:07:13 -0700, Warrior <war...@xenu.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>>Scientology's often repeated claim of "eight million" members is a
>>>complete fabrication.
>>>
>>>From Sea Organization Executive Directive Number 68 for the United
>>>States:
>>
>>>E X E C U T I V E D I R E C T I V E
>>>SO ED 68 US 5 January 1975
>>
>>> January 1st, 1975 marked the beginning of ASHO's Golden
>>> Era of Tech in that the Sea Org overcoming a number of hairy
>>> situations, in true Sea Org style, mailed the Auditor with the
>>> new 1975 Classification, Gradation and Awareness Chart to
>>> 216,701 CF public on time all at once.
>
>In article <40b1fd9b...@news2.lightlink.com>, Heffer says...
>>
>>"Golden Era of Tech"? This one's been recycled as the Golden Age
>>of Tech in the late '90s.

Policy on that is that if you see a downturn in the stats (graph), you look back
to when the ststs were good ( the graph was up-trending) and you notice what has
changed. Then you take that change out and put back in the actions that were
successful in keeping the stats up. Apparently, the 1975 Golden Age of Tech
promotion was successful in getting 'bodies in the shop', so they repeated it.

la

Warrior

May 25, 2004, 1:51:42 PM5/25/04

In article <hgEsc.583889$Ig.20170@pd7tw2no>, a person named
Nelson, with an obvious comprehension problem wrote:

>Look, do the math, you cant [sic] expect anyone to believe that in
>the whole western hemiphere [sic] there were only about 250.000
>peaple [sic] who had ever, EVER bought a Dianbetics [sic] or Scien-

>tology Book or Service. That is the way into the central files list. Buy
>a book or service, even a pack of The Way To Happiness Booklets or
>an introductory service. In the whole western hemisphere there was
>only 250,000? OK lets say half the people relocated or otherwise
>were off the list. That is still only 500,000 total. Bridge Publications
>could not possibly have survived this long on that small of a sales
>base even if each person bought the whole LRH library.
>
>Nelson

Nelson,

You're showing your ignorance again. Names of individuals who
bought books at retail outlets do not get onto Scientology's mailing
list or into an org's central files unless they write in to an organization
with a request for more information.

Re-read my posts again, and you will (hopefully) see that I have been
talking about the number of individuals in the orgs' central files. A
person's name and personal information cannot get into the central
files of an org, nor can one's name and address subsequently get onto
an org's mailing list unless he or she has direct contact with an org.

The fact is, lots of people buy Hubbard books and never have any
contact with Scientology once they realize that Hubbard's "science"
is nothing but unsupported, unscientific quackery. Obviously you don't
understand OEC Volume 2 policies pertaining to central files, address
lists or memberships. If you did, you wouldn't have stuck your foot in
your mouth again.

Warrior - Sunshine disinfects
http://warrior.xenu.ca

Warrior

May 25, 2004, 2:19:48 PM5/25/04
I'm top posting just to point out that I've changed the title of this
thread to correct a typo of "1971" to "1975", which is the date
of SO ED 68 US.

Warrior - Sunshine disinfects
http://warrior.xenu.ca

>Warrior wrote:

>> Scientology's often repeated claim of "eight million" members is a
>> complete fabrication.

In article <40B1E9D6...@aol.com>, Ed says...

> Just to get this into the title... I'd guess N. America had
>60-70% of the world's Scn CF at that time, so adding comparable lists
>from other continents would get a total of 300-350 thousand. (Of
>course there'd be lots of duplicates, Add Unk, deceased and deadfiled
>included.) If anyone has a better estimate than 60-70% please speak
>up.)
>
>The Grade Chart is probably the single most impressive piece of paper
>in all of Scientology for anyone who is already in or receptive to it.
>It lays out the huge and complicated details of the entire "bridge"
>both in training and processing, and it creates a yearning to get
>moving upwards. You can be sure they mailed a copy of the revised
>version of that chart to everyone they possibly could. The Grade Chart
>is meant to be displayed on one's wall. It's huge, maybe 2 x 3 or 3 x
>4 feet. Any mailing that includes a copy needs extra postage, so they
>try to use some discipline in how freely they send them out.
>
>Thanks, Warrior, this issue you've posted helps us to pin down the
>truth of the actual size of the C of S. Of course by this time in 1975
>they were already claiming 8 million as their membership.
>
>Ed

>Warrior posted:

Nelson

May 27, 2004, 4:23:35 AM5/27/04

"Warrior" <war...@xenu.ca> wrote in message

I never mentioned retail stores. And I know the rules of new names to
central files.
I was just following along the line of your illogic and showed it as such.
Nelson