protest in Phoenix 2/6/09

cultxpt

Feb 7, 2009, 3:52:02 AM2/7/09
First Friday is when we protest here in Phoenix because hundreds of
people are downtown milling around and we manage to give away lots of
flyers and have great conversations.

We parked close to the org here and the rest of the gang was hanging
around the cars gabbing about something. I got antsy and walked over
basically to set up. I put my "if you can read this you're too close
to Scientology" sign against a wall near the sidewalk and walked to
the corner with my sign and flyers, assuming the other protesters
would appear any minute. A Scientologist came from their property with
flyers and stood near my sign by the wall, passing out flyers as I did
maybe 15 feet away from him. I was the only protester, but the 2
plainclothes city cops were there at the other end of the property.

Suddenly the Scientologist decided he didn't like my sign leaning on
the wall, so he grabbed it and flung it onto their parking area. I
said hey, you can't do that, it's mine. He said just get the fuck out
of here, you shouldn't be here. I went and got the sign and put it
back where it was saying "that's my sign." He flung it again and told
me again to get the fuck out of there, I motioned to the cops that I
was having trouble. The guy gave me a little nudge on the shoulder as
he once again told me to leave. I guess he didn't realize those two
guys were plainclothes cops. As the cops were walking over, another
Scientologist came and tried to lead away the guy who basically
assaulted me. The cops told him to stay on their property and leave
me alone. They also said that if we propped up signs like that we
needed to stay near them. About that time the other protesters came
over and I told them what happened. I'll put video of the guy up
later to see if anyone recognizes him because he seemed to be new
here.

Other than that it was a great evening. We had nice conversations and
handed out many flyers. I think there were 9 protesters. The Anons
had some great new t-shirts as well. We were there from 6:30 to about
10pm.

Oh, 3 kids maybe age 10 came up with hand-written signs on regular 8
1/2 X 11 papers saying "I love Scientology." I figured they were
Scientology kids but one Scientologist seemed to think they were
adorable and treated them as a novelty, so I don't really know what
that was about.

Jens Tingleff

Feb 7, 2009, 4:21:53 AM2/7/09

xenufrance

Feb 7, 2009, 4:53:35 AM2/7/09
Oh great, happily enough for you you had the policemen near... that's a fine
footbullet by the scientologist trying to steal your sign.

roger

"cultxpt" <cul...@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
6a48acec-b749-4e66...@p36g2000prp.googlegroups.com...

Calculon

Feb 7, 2009, 2:54:24 PM2/7/09

It is amazing what they will try if they think they won't get caught.
Most ethical religion indeed.

cultxpt

Feb 7, 2009, 3:02:52 PM2/7/09

http://www.vimeo.com/3121483

That's my lousy vid of the guy. I don't recall seeing him before.