SO ED 68 US

Warrior

Apr 19, 2006, 11:11:48 PM4/19/06
[posted & mailed]

Scientology's often repeated claim of "eight million" members is a
complete fabrication.

I posted message-ID <95364433.0...@drn.newsguy.com>
on 23 May 2004 with the subject "SO ED 68 US". I've now posted a
scan of this issue to alt.binaries.scientology.

Excerpt from Sea Organization Executive Directive Number 68 for the
United States:

=== begin quote ===

E X E C U T I V E D I R E C T I V E

SO ED 68 US 5 January 1975

_HIGHLY COMMENDED_

January 1st, 1975 marked the beginning of ASHO's Golden
Era of Tech in that the Sea Org overcoming a number of hairy
situations, in true Sea Org style, mailed the Auditor with the
new 1975 Classification, Gradation and Awareness Chart to
216,701 CF public on time all at once.

The crew who assisted in this All Hands are HIGHLY
COMMENDED and are as follows: (* denotes those who put in
extra work to get the Auditor mailed.)

=== end quote ===

In 1983 I held the position of Address Officer/Computer I/C ASHO Day.
At that time -- 8 years _after_ the date of the above SO ED -- ASHO's
CF (central files) consisted of a total of 250,000 names.

Here's the breakdown of the list:

180,000 had either bought a book or had only done an introductory or
"basic course"
25,000 individuals were either "ad unk" (address unknown) or had been
"dead filed" (were on the list but were not sent any mailings)
45,000 had completed a "major service" (training and/or auditing)

Warrior - Sunshine disinfects
"Scientology: it's about deception."
http://warrior.xenu.ca

roger gonnet

Apr 20, 2006, 3:09:40 AM4/20/06

"Warrior" <war...@xenu.ca> a écrit dans le message de news:
155502708.000...@drn.newsguy.com...

Quite revelating indeed.

I had a [very rapid and uncomplete] inkling of Paris computerized Adresso after
40-41 years of existence, at the end of 1999.
Paris org contained probably by far the largest number of frenchies having ever
bought anything.

They were 58000 names, 20000 had no longer an adress visible in the list (but
were coded with a number), and a large ratio was inscribed on more than one
line, I asked three names (oldtimers) just to have an indication: one was there
three times, two others were written twice.

That means that after 41 years, the oldest branch of the cult had perhaps sold
something to no more than 30000 frenchies, and has kept probably some 3-400
active ones.

Povmec

Apr 30, 2006, 1:29:36 PM4/30/06

The Affidavit of Martin Ottmann of 19 April 1996 contains the following
statement:

«The "Central Files-Section" consisted of 125,000 folders of
FSO-publics and prospects, who had bought courses or auditing or who
had had at least filled out a questionnaire one time in the past. The
personnel of that section had to administrate the filing of the
folders, which were used in other departments of the FSO too.»
http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/ottmann19960419.html#Brief_Description_Of_My_Scientology_Career_In_The_Sea_Org

The Central Files he mentions there, is it essentially the same thing
as the one you saw back then? Is it a global list or just a list for a
specific region (like U.S. east coast, etc.)

Ray.

zeeorger

Apr 30, 2006, 2:15:04 PM4/30/06

I noticed a similar issue while doing letter writting from a lower
level org.
Not only were a lot of names filed as "UNK" (unknown) and large numbers

of people who bought only one book and never heard from again. But I
recognized many of those those considered "active" of our org had since

moved on to be public or staff at other orgs. We had duplicate names
across multiple orgs.

Per policy no name is ever removed from CF (Cetral Files) - great !
But logic would dictate that _some_ policy is needed to retire names
from CF and quit counting those who show no interest as being "active"
members.

Warrior

Apr 30, 2006, 9:08:18 PM4/30/06

In article <1146418176.2...@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com>, Povmec
says...

>The Affidavit of Martin Ottmann of 19 April 1996 contains the following
>statement:
>
>"The 'Central Files-Section' consisted of 125,000 folders of
>FSO-publics and prospects, who had bought courses or auditing
>or who had had at least filled out a questionnaire one time in the
>past. The personnel of that section had to administrate the filing
>of the folders, which were used in other departments of the FSO
>too."
>http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/ottmann19960419.html#Brief_Description_Of_My_Scientology_Career_In_The_Sea_Org
>
>The Central Files he mentions there, is it essentially the same thing
>as the one you saw back then? Is it a global list or just a list for a
>specific region (like U.S. east coast, etc.)
>
>Ray.

Martin's affidavit refers to Flag's Central Files in 1990. My post refers
to ASHO's Central Files in 1975 (the year I joined the Sea Org) and 1983
(the year I left the Sea Org).

By 1983 all the names from Flag's mailing list (along with the names from
every other org and mission in the Western Hemisphere) had been added
on to ASHO's mailing list. The last post I held in the Sea Org was that of
ASHO Address Officer/Computer In Charge. I was one of a few staff who
worked on a project doing the computerization of the mailing list. By late
1983 ASHO and AOLA had obtained the mailing lists of every single org
and mission in the Western Hemisphere (including Flag) and had added the
names to their computerized list (AOLA and ASHO shared the same address
list). This project was done in accordance with L Ron Hubbard's Base Order
2. The end result of the project was that every known "identity" (that's
what we called the names on the address list) of everyone who had ever
bought something from an org or mission in the Western Hemisphere had
been entered into the computerized mailing list.

This is the AOLA staff member I worked with on that project (he has left
the Sea Org but remains a Scientologist):
http://home.austin.rr.com/werreour/DaveC.jpg and
http://home.austin.rr.com/werreour/DCintron01.jpg and
http://home.austin.rr.com/werreour/DCintron03.jpg and
http://home.austin.rr.com/werreour/DCintron04.jpg

Here's his web site: http://cintronics.com/cintronics/indexns.htm

Every individual org and mission has its own Central Files Section located
in Division 2. The Central Files Section contains folders -- one for each
individual who has bought something from the local org or mission.

"Lower" orgs and missions (and front groups) are "feeders" to "advanced
organizations" like ASHO, AOLA and Flag.

Related articles
Robert Vaughn Young's Aug. 21, 1997 post on the myth of "8 million
members": http://tinyurl.com/g2u4m
Joe Harrington's December 16, 1996 post: http://tinyurl.com/rfqoe
A few of my 1997 posts on this subject:
http://warrior.xenu.ca/1997-0829.html