Sea Org physical restraints, threats, violence, recent examples?

chuckb...@aol.com

Mar 7, 2005, 4:22:37 AM3/7/05
,,, You recently said that "the RPF is like a jail that you can leave
at any time" and I really think you need to look at that thought
again. You couldn't leave at any time.. you were under guard, you
were controled. When you did want to leave, they would "handle" you to
shift your thoughts back to their thoughts so you would stay.
Very twisted thoughts...
,
"---"

Dear "----",

I absolutely agree about the "jail you can leave at any time" incorrect
portrayal by me.

This goes right over my head. I had years of mind-numbing physical
overt restraint, by having watches, and earlier I was directly
threatened with being jumped by 10 Int RPFers should I decide to try to
walk out of the Int RPF without authorization.

I hated these Sea Org procedures.

Sometime in late 96 or early 97, I told my understanding of the
physical restraint unofficial rules to the Bosun of the Int RPF, Jim
Mortland. I said to him I understood that if I tried to walk out, I
knew others would physically restrain me. Jim Mortland said I was
right, that he'd send 10 guys to jump me and prevent me from walking
out. He said this in shocked anger, ensuring that I got the point. He
for sure wanted me to know he was NOT going to let me walk out of
there.

Then in later years I had two gross multi-hour long invalidative
screaming matches, with Mark Treasurere and Clark Morton. The second
screaming match, was physically demeaning and physically abusive. I
was blocked in a chair in a small confining room, two persons far
stronger physically than me were between me and the door. I was
sitting furthest from the door in a chair with a table between me and
them. Then one of them came on my side of the table and sat above me
on the table, and was in direct contact with me. This was Clark
Morton. He began forcefully pressing OEC Volume 1, open to the page
with the instructions telling a suppressive person the steps the
suppressive person needs to do in order to get in good standing again,
he pressed the volume into my chest over and over, each time chanting
"Stop committing suppressive acts." This whole thing was Clark's
rendition of one of the steps of the SP policy where the person is
gotten to cease committing suppressive acts. Clark was pounding this
datum into my head and pressing it into my chest, over and over, dozens
and dozens of times, for almost an hour, I refused to communicate to
either of them. It was the most bizarre degraded action I have ever
received from any Scientologist in my 27 years in Scn. (The whole
incident lasted 2-3 hours, and there is much more to describe, but the
above is the worst of it.)

I had years, all total, of being under watch while on the Int RPF and
PAC RPF. Of my 7 years in total on the RPF, I was under watch for
easily 4-5 years total.

I was so glad that day I walked down the sidewalk away from the complex
in LA, without a "watch".

A recent defector recently told me briefly of physical restraints and
violence they directly experienced at the Int Base. I will gladly post
the details in general form.

I'd be interested in hearing all recent examples of physical restraints
and threatened or actual violence against Sea Org members.

Best, Chuck Beatty
chuckb...@aol.com
412-260-1170 (call after 9pm, New York City time,
any day of the week)

Lermanet.com

Mar 7, 2005, 6:47:16 AM3/7/05

REminds me of that instant of my epiphany, that allowed me to make
the decision to leave scientology...when i was given the offer you
cannot refuse...

"Safe passage out of the state of Florida with all body parts still
attached....if I would merely tell Suzette Hubbard that ( in spite of
already having obtained a marriage license and the bloodtests )
that the marriage was off. So I watched her cry, she started to cry
the moment I was brought into the room, flanked by my two
interrogators....she knew the way her dad played the game of life.
his way.. and I chose to live, but I later decided to follow the
real sea org motto..

It it isnt "WE COME BACK" like hubbard said...

it is

WE COME BACK AND KICK SCIENTOLOGYS ASS"

thank you for telling your story

and thank you, by your personal example of courage,
by encouraging others to tell their stories by example.

Arnie Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON

Be the change you want in the world

http://www.lermanet.com/exit/FINAL2.htm

I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speake

If the Borg were to breed with the Ferengi you'd get Scientology!

The only real product of Scientology is More Scientologists
That is the etiology of cancer.

The internet is the Liberty Tree
http://www.lermanet.com/faqs.html
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/index.html
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologyscandals/index.html

"Scientologists believe that most human problems
can be traced to lingering spirits of an extraterrestrial
people massacred by their ruler, Xenu, over 75 million
years ago. These spirits attach themselves by "clusters"
to individuals in the contemporary world, causing
spiritual harm and negatively influencing the lives
of their hosts"
[Judge Leonie Brinkema 4 Oct 96 Memorandum Opinion]

What do we get from getting people out of scientology?
We create an individual who has become a Houdini of
all mind traps.. folks who won't be fooled again.
People who can DE-program, People who can spring mental
traps..

We create, by freeing someone of scientology, a being
who has the ability to break the strongest slave chains
of all.

Those forged of lies. (c) Arnaldo Lerma

roger gonnet

Mar 7, 2005, 10:58:16 AM3/7/05

<chuckb...@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1110187357.8...@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Don't forget that even the auditors do that, as much as they can, to avoid
Pcs blowing sessions.
In some cases, auditors have taken the key of the door to avoid pcs leaving
the scam sessions.

In other cases, auditors have physically restrained pcs from leaving (I know
a certain number of cases, having C/Sed a lot of sessions).

In other cases, like Ethics cycle for normal public clients, physical
restraint is used to stop them leaving or not answering to questions.

Even worse, "Suppressive acts" were committed against official OTs (and they
are probably still committed now), by taking illegally their ID or
passports, or even, their back fly tickets in AOs like Denmark.

I was personnaly restrained physically by the Saint Hill UK (a large fat
woman then) to leave, while I was in SH with wife and sons since fifteen
days, and we haven't got any power auditing... for which we were in SH.
5sure, I was then stronger physically than her, but unless I would have
assaulted her, I could'nt leave... that similar to what happens in auditing
rooms when some strong pcs want to leave but do not dare to struggle against
a weak auditor).

A reverse anecdote now, to put some fun...
We have had a couple near twenty, who were leaving together since some
months.
They were also twins in co-audit on Academy levels.

One day, the guy was the pc, and he refused to do whatever auditing command
his girlfriend wanted him to do... unless she gave him a blow-job...

Which she finally did.

[to end the story, the twin team was not worse after; we just put her on
some more SCS drill, and they kept co-auditing :-))]

Then one of them came on my side of the table and sat above me
> on the table, and was in direct contact with me. This was Clark
> Morton. He began forcefully pressing OEC Volume 1, open to the page
> with the instructions telling a suppressive person the steps the
> suppressive person needs to do in order to get in good standing again,
> he pressed the volume into my chest over and over, each time chanting
> "Stop committing suppressive acts." This whole thing was Clark's
> rendition of one of the steps of the SP policy where the person is
> gotten to cease committing suppressive acts. Clark was pounding this
> datum into my head and pressing it into my chest, over and over, dozens
> and dozens of times, for almost an hour, I refused to communicate to
> either of them. It was the most bizarre degraded action I have ever
> received from any Scientologist in my 27 years in Scn. (The whole
> incident lasted 2-3 hours, and there is much more to describe, but the
> above is the worst of it.)

Even out of the RPF, the discipline is insane. Once, the guys of the GO
Paris had just lost the Hubbard suit (he got Four years unsuspended for
fraud and extortion). In my franchise, we knew they had a problem, but we
did not had the ruling etc.
Some weeks later, two gendarmes came to question us.
We learned that another gendarme, father of a 30 + woman with kids who were
good clients since long, hyad asked to the justice that some enquiry was
done on our group.
After having "handled" the gendarmes (we never had more problems with thme
or justice), we said so to the GO France.
They mandated us immediatley in Paris.

Naively, we went there. As soon as we got there, these assholes assigned us
a Liability condition! We had done nothing bad: the GO had lost the suit,
not us, and the father of the girl was simply worried that his daughter
could have been defrauded, and had done whatever he thought correct, without
saying it to his daughter. But the GO said we had not determined that she
was PTS... which she was'nt, till they lost the suit, and even then, she did
not know her father's worry.
And we were "handled" for days and days, forced to wash and wash the ever
very dirty Paris org, till we were out: scientology "ethics" and "admin"
techs are insane like their inventor.

> I had years, all total, of being under watch while on the Int RPF and
> PAC RPF. Of my 7 years in total on the RPF, I was under watch for
> easily 4-5 years total.

(and the other two years, I imagine you were watching other RPFers :-))

> I was so glad that day I walked down the sidewalk away from the complex
> in LA, without a "watch".
>
> A recent defector recently told me briefly of physical restraints and
> violence they directly experienced at the Int Base. I will gladly post
> the details in general form.
>
> I'd be interested in hearing all recent examples of physical restraints
> and threatened or actual violence against Sea Org members.

Older ones: two guys of the SO having worked years in it told us that had
been physically beaten by seniors.
Another said he assisted to overboarding on the Apollo.

friendship

Mar 7, 2005, 2:19:21 PM3/7/05
Dear Chuck,

Thank you for clarifying your experiences regarding being kept
imprisoned. This is very important as it collaborates many other
accounts here of similar instances of false imprisonment. The reason
this is important is that it is illegal to do this. There is no
justification for it and DM, Scn management and everyone who committed
such acts or who knew about such acts are guilty of CRIMES and could be
prosecuted for them.

False imprisonment is a serious crime and is a felony and, depending on
the circumstances, is punishable by considerable jail time. The fact
that, from the many accounts by ex-Sea Org members that have been
related on ARS and other websites and in various other ways, there have
been many instances of people in the RPF being imprisoned makes those
who ordered the imprisonment, enforced it, or knew about it but did
nothing to stop or prevent it guilty of a serious criminal action.

Here is some information about the penalties involved in this type of
act:

http://www.lesliemcadoolaw.com/article.jsp?practArea=38&articleIndex=4

Further, RICO statutes can also be applied to this. One of the
offenses covered by RICO is 'peonage or slavery'. If a Sea Org member
is on the RPF doing hard labor without the ability to leave without
risking serious bodily harm, he or she could certainly be considered a
slave. This, in my humble opinion, compounds the offense of false
imprisonment.

See the following website for info about RICO:

http://web.dcp.ufl.edu/hinze/T-RicoAct-1970.ppt

And for Scns who are harassed by Scn operatives or private
investigators, it would probably be helpful to understand the law. The
following website helps to know what recourse one has if one is being
harassed:

http://www.dwt.com/related_links/adv_bulletins/CMITWint1999RedefPriv.htm

Again, thank you very much, Chuck. Just ONE instance of false
imprisonment could mean jail for whoever is responsible for it.

I believe that even Scn staff, Sea Org staff and the most loyal Scns
would agree that violating the law frequently, consciously and in a
premeditated fashion is against Scn and PUTS SCIENTOLOGY AT RISK.

Whether one agrees with the philosophical principles of the Scientology
or not, criminal activity in the name of Scientology must be stopped.

chuckb...@aol.com

Mar 7, 2005, 10:43:48 PM3/7/05
An anonymous ex Sea Org member saw the following physical restraint
which was broken up when DG PAC realized the possible legal
ramifications:

I do have an example, although pretty old: This was in 1980. I was at
FL WUS and Fran Boughton, (the then wife of Al Boughton) wanted to
leave the SO. I think she had been put in a lower condition. She was
cowering in a room in the FOLO, on the floor, and was being guarded.
She had apparently experienced a heart fluttering, palpitation, or
something, which was from some earlier medical illness, and was very
upset. David Butterworth, DG PAC, found out of this guarding of Fran,
immediatly came over and told those keepng her in the room to let her
go. He was pissed. I know he knew the legal ramifications of this.

Anonymous

friendship

Mar 8, 2005, 12:02:46 AM3/8/05
Thank you for posting this. I hope others also post their experiences.
The more that do the safer it gets for each of us.