Monica Pignotti Calls Parent "Crack Whore"

Nomen Nescio

May 1, 2011, 11:10:06 AM5/1/11

I think I have done enough research on these 'professionals' to not trust them a ton. Real mental health care professionals don't advertise on the internet and it is considered grossly unethical to promote yourself with the aid of patients testimonials. If they were real doctors, true professionals, they would know this. True health care professionals don't have on-line gift shops. True professionals might not tout themselves with long lists of meaningless professional associations meant to impress the most base, desperate rube.

If you want to know more you can wait for Monica Pignotti to post here. She has a foundation grant specifically to expose these people. She got sued and the foundation paid her legal bills. She won the case!!

In my opinion, Post is out and out dangerous, and forgive me if I am not impressed with his Ph.D., from where I do not know. And if reading his book and following the “Post Institute” model of dealing with attachment disorder results in your child being suspended from school for threatening other children, what on earth are you clinging to? What a disaster. These people don't seem to know what they are talking about. They're not scientists, they're hacks out to make a buck off desperate people who've no idea what they have gotten themselves into, people in way over their heads.

Why is everyone so desperate to find a good IA doctor, a real MD, as they go through the process of rejecting or accepting babies they might deign to parent? but when the the child is home, part of the family, people seem willing to subject their child to the care of un-credentialed practitioners of unproven methods? Your kid gets sick you go to a real doctor practicing real medicine, backed up by real science, fully licensed, associated with real, accredited universities and institutions that are leading experts in their fields.

Are you saying it makes more sense to trust the Bryan Post institute than the Mayo clinic?

Dinasmom, Monica and I have told you before that if you take your child to Post you’ll end up a crack whore. That’s the level the man is on, did you pay extra to ride his Harley Davison?

They are not professional scientists or medical practitioners, in my opinion. Their research and methods are not valid at all. Central to the scientific perspective is testing outcomes using rigorous research designs and methods that control for well-known confounds such as spontaneous recovery, the placebo effect, patient expectancy effects, investigator effects, and other forces that may influence the perceived outcomes of any clinical intervention. True professionals tend to rely on scientific peer-review of research findings, publishing results in the scientific literature for wider scrutiny and review, and independent replication of findings before labeling a treatment as efficacious with an acceptable level of risk. There is no evidence any of your so-called professionals have bothered with any of that. Your guys appear to rely more on their own personal experience for determining what is beneficial, emphasizing what they think they see, as well as on the testimonials o
f their clients, which is wholly unscientific. They operate more as advocates and believers and self-help gurus than as professional scientists by any stretch of the definition.

Please forgive me if I've been ungentlemanly, but in my opinion these guys are clowns who don't know what they are talking about and are bilking many of my friends on here out of money they can ill afford to waste.

peace

robert

Monica Pignotti

May 1, 2011, 1:06:17 PM5/1/11
You just proven yourself a liar. You posted someone who claims I made
statements. That is not proof I actually made those statements, only
that someone claimed that I made them. All kinds of lies have been
posted about me on the internet and it looks like now, your deception
involves postings from people who claim to be my supporters who then
egregiously misrepresent my views. I would never make such an idiotic
statement such as the one you have falsely attributed to me. The
posting contains other very serious falsehoods as well, such as:

> If you want to know more you can wait for Monica Pignotti to post here. She has a foundation grant specifically to expose these people. She got sued and the >foundation paid her legal bills. She won the case!!

It is a lie that any foundation paid my legal bills and I certainly do
not have any grants to "expose these people". What I suspect is that
the person who posted this is someone who is deliberately
misrepresenting things.

> In my opinion, Post is out and out dangerous, and forgive me if I am not impressed with his Ph.D., from where I do not know.

Actually I do know where it was from and his state board had an issue
with this because the institution that granted his doctorate degree
(actually a DSW) was not, according to his state board, accredited by
the US Department of Education or the State of Oklahoma. Documents
available here:

http://www.casewatch.org/board/sw/post.shtml

> Dinasmom, Monica and I have told you before that if you take your child to Post you’ll end up a crack whore. That’s the level the man is on, did you pay extra to >ride his Harley Davison?

I never, ever said or wrote any such thing, anywhere, ever. I would
never make such an idiotic statement. I am concerned about the
therapies Bryan Post is offering to his clients, but I would never
blame a client or make such a stupid statement to a parent.

Whoever this "robert" person is, if by some small chance he is a
sincere person with serious misunderstandings about me, please tell
him to stop making false statements about me. I never told anyone any
such thing and I certainly have never gotten any funding from any
foundation for my work, nor for my legal expenses.

If you give me the name of the Yahoogroup involved, I will go there
myself and set the record straight, but I predict you are too
dishonest to actually do that because you may have made this whole
thing up.

Monica Pignotti

May 1, 2011, 3:45:06 PM5/1/11
To my anonymous coward stalker. Here is the difference between a chat
room and a list serv:

https://bspacehelp.berkeley.edu/faq/whats-difference-between-chat-room-and-forums-discussion-tool

"While both the Forums tool and the Chat Room tool allow members of a
bSpace site to communicate with each other, communication through the
Forums tool occurs asynchronously (i.e., not in "real time") and
communication through the Chat Room tool occurs synchronously (in
"real time"). "

I post to and belong to a number of list servs. I do not post to or
belong to any chat rooms. Freedom of Mind never had a "chat room". It
was a list serv. So now that you know the difference, was the
Yahoogroup you were lying about a list serv or a chat room? It looks
like a list serv, but it is not one I belong to and I have no idea who
"robert" is.

Monica Pignotti

May 2, 2011, 6:54:58 PM5/2/11
On May 1, 11:10 am, Nomen Nescio <nob...@dizum.com> wrote:

[lies snipped]

I have now seen the actual postings by Robert Irvingson. He has never
met me, nor I him. The cyberstalker altered his postings. His actual
postings contained well-reasoned criticism against certain therapists,
the same ones I have criticized. There was nothing in his postings
about any "crack whores", "dinasmom" and there was no mention of my
name whatsoever because he has no idea who I am. The cyber stalker
fabricated all this and has obviously made this man a target because
he dared to criticize and challenge these therapy gurus.

Has it ever occurred to you that possibly people come to independent
conclusions that the interventions in question are not a good idea? It
doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Mr. Irvingson managed to
figure that out without my help, it would seem and now he is being
targeted along with anyone else who has been the least bit critical of
Bryan Post, Heather Forbes, Ronald Federici and others.

Contrary to Ronald Federici's now dismissed charges against five
people for conspiracy, we are individuals who have independently come
to our own conclusions.

To the anonymous posters who are posting these lies about us:

Even if you managed to completely destroy me, there would be at least
10 more critics to take my place because your smear tactics are
backfiring, much like what happened when people began to come forward
and expose Scientology. The very earliest critics such as Paulette
Cooper and Nan McLean had a very hard time, but as more and more
people came forward as they independently came to their own
conclusions about Scientology, the criticism and exposure of abuses
could not be squelched. You could learn a lesson from what happened to
Bob Minton. He was silenced and several other critics have been
silenced, but the voices of the critics were not silenced because this
is not about any one person. Bob Minton once described it as a sort of
relay race where one critic does all he or she can and then passes the
baton on to someone else.

So it will be with these coercive restraint and other cruel practices
with adopted children be exposed. You can continue to post all the
crazy lies you want about me, but there are too many people who are
coming to the same conclusions and the exposure of these practices is
gaining momentum. It's much like playing whack-a-mole. If you whack
one critic down, more will pop up and there is nothing you can do to
stop that. I'm not down yet, though. Far from it.