Announcement from Managers of Dianetics in MSN groups

Alert

Dec 11, 2008, 7:57:37 PM12/11/08
In 1996 a man called Jairus Godeka walked into a Portland Church of
Scientology downtown office carrying a petrol container and a
semiautomatic handgun. Godeka, who had years earlier taken a free
personality test and bought some books, shot and wounded four people,
including a pregnant receptionist; set fire to part of the building
which set off sprinklers; and briefly took another woman hostage.
Eventually a police officer persuaded him to surrender. He faced four
counts of attempted aggravated murder, arson, kidnapping, three counts
of first-degree assault, one count of second-degree assault and a
count of burglary. At the time, the incident highlighted the lacking
security situation at Scientology Churches. A dozen years pass: Some
weeks ago a 48-year-old mentally disturbed man called Mario Majorski
was shot dead at the Celebrity Centre International facility in
Hollywood. Majorski, a one time parishioner, drove a rented red
convertible onto the Church grounds and exited the vehicle wielding
two samurai swords. Upon being confronted by security guards, he was
seen to momentarily make his way back to the car. Then, after dropping
one of the swords and unsheathing the other, he made a final charge at
the guards. It was at this point that one of the security personnel, a
retired 64-year-old police officer, fired the fatal bullet at
Majorski. A subsequent court found that the guard had acted in self
defense and that the killing was justifiable. I feel it is great that
security has improved at our Churches to better protect staff etc, but
feel that things need fine-tuning. The Majorski incident is a prime
example as to why security personnel who carry firearms should also be
carrying tazers (stun guns). Shooting a person dead should only be a
last resort action -- after a non-lethal method to restrain the person
has been attempted. A person should not be shot unless they too are
carrying a firearm. We need to try and get back to salvaging people.
What use are dead people to anyone? We know that some cases are going
to go through momentary bouts of insanity. That they may become
psychotic for a period. Let us better prepare ourselves to deal with
such folk. When we kill people we have failed; lost the opportunity to
turn their lives around. Let us not be so trigger happy and be more
effective in our actions. After all, nowhere in the December piece
that Ron wrote 58 years ago: Handling the Psychotic, does it say to
kill them. Kind regards Eamonn

banchukita

Dec 11, 2008, 9:32:41 PM12/11/08

I wonder if Ron ever got enough 'data' about 'handling psychotics' to
be able to synthesize it and produce that 'full report' he talks about
in:
The Dianetic Auditor's Bulletin
Handling the Psychotic
Volume 1, No. 6 December 1950

I also wonder what a mental health professional's opinion would be of
"psychotics" being the product of the temporal placement of one's
attention, as Hubbard asserts.

No wonder he never let anyone discuss or criticize his directives or
methodologies.

-maggie, human being

barbz

Dec 11, 2008, 9:44:56 PM12/11/08

Dear Eamonn,
Maybe you should quit ripping off and mind fucking mentally unstable
people. YA THINK?

--
barb
Chaplain, ARSCC(wdne)

"Our belief in freedom of religion has made it impossible, (With a
helping hand from well placed Scientologists in government, of course!)
to recognize when a criminal conspiracy pretends to be a religion."
--Brett Bellmore

Out_Of_The_Dark

Dec 12, 2008, 2:45:03 AM12/12/08
On Dec 11, 7:57 pm, Alert <flicking_you...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Do you have a link to this?
If you read what he says closely, you'll see that he does not know
that his church could care less about helping anyone below 2.0 on
their tone scale, yet he fels that Scientology should be helping the
"downstats". He's as disillusioned as so many of us were, thinking we
belonged to a benenolent organization.

Eamonn is quite brave in posting this considering that he'd be RPF'd
for publically stating this if he was staff or Sea Org.

Alert

Dec 12, 2008, 2:55:25 AM12/12/08

No, it's via email to the whole Dianetics group on MSN. It's also
posted in the group forums, that are by invite only.

I wonder what "subsequent court" Eamonn is talking abou with regard to
the Majorski shooting?

Out_Of_The_Dark

Dec 12, 2008, 3:02:01 AM12/12/08
> > for publically stating this if he was staff or Sea Org.- Hide quoted text -

I think he's under the impression that it went before a grand jury to
determine if charges should be filed against the security guard. I
don't recall it going before a grand jury because the story was all
along that it was self defence but I do believe a decision was made
somewhere at the county attorney general level not to prosecute the
guard.

Too bad Eamonn doesn't know Majorski was an OT and Class IV or V
auditor.

Fredric L. Rice

Dec 14, 2008, 2:08:54 PM12/14/08
Alert <flickin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>In 1996 a man called Jairus Godeka walked into a Portland Church of
>Scientology downtown office carrying a petrol container and a
>semiautomatic handgun. Godeka, who had years earlier taken a free
>personality test and bought some books

Bullshit. Godeka was a long time customer of Scientology. The
Scientology crime syndicate likes to pretend that he was just some
"religious bigot" who bought a few books, a claim the criminals
will start making soon about Epic Swords Guy.

---
"From my house I can see Belgium" -- President Sarkozy

l.l.lipshitz

Dec 15, 2008, 1:14:38 PM12/15/08
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:08:54 GMT, Fredric L. Rice <fr...@skeptictank.org>
wrote in <1fWdneZvXqUA19jU...@posted.sonicnet>:

| Alert <flickin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
|
| >In 1996 a man called Jairus Godeka walked into a Portland Church of
| >Scientology downtown office carrying a petrol container and a
| >semiautomatic handgun. Godeka, who had years earlier taken a free
| >personality test and bought some books
|
| Bullshit. Godeka was a long time customer of Scientology.

i thought so, too, but i'm having trouble finding
evidence of that. what i've read so far says a
personality test and maybe a comm course. that
sounds like the standard reply that scnists would
give a reporter when asked if godeka was a member.
some articles describe the long history that
godeka had of 'harassing' the portland and san
francisco orgs, phoning in complaints and threats
and stuff, but i haven't found anything that said
he was actually a member. was he??

|The
| Scientology crime syndicate likes to pretend that he was just some
| "religious bigot" who bought a few books, a claim the criminals
| will start making soon about Epic Swords Guy.

yep, scn s.o.p.

--
-elle
--------=[ l.l.lipshitz * elkube(at)lycos(dot)com ]=--------

Alert

Dec 16, 2008, 7:18:32 PM12/16/08

Fredric L. Rice wrote:
> Alert <flickin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >In 1996 a man called Jairus Godeka walked into a Portland Church of
> >Scientology downtown office carrying a petrol container and a
> >semiautomatic handgun. Godeka, who had years earlier taken a free
> >personality test and bought some books

> Bullshit. Godeka was a long time customer of Scientology. The
> Scientology crime syndicate likes to pretend that he was just some
> "religious bigot" who bought a few books, a claim the criminals
> will start making soon about Epic Swords Guy.

Since when did "a one time parishoner" do the L's, or even be a puppet
for litigation instigated by Cof$?