What Scientology REALLY Thinks of the Judeo/Christian God

Feisty

Nov 12, 2005, 10:06:41 PM11/12/05
http://web.archive.org/web/20030624010813/www.caic.org.au/psyther/sci/hubbardo.htm

What Scientology REALLY Thinks of the Judeo/Christian God

From: Hakan Jarva
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Hubbard on Christianity and God

Here are some quotes I found on God, Christianity and similar things. First we have the
official attitude when disseminating and then he's real opinions. This is typical of the
hypocrisy of the church.

ABILITY magazine 1955

A manual on Dissemination of Material

Should anyone challenge you for having suddenly secured a relief in a hospital or an
institution from some dire malady which balked the efforts of the professional men in
charge of it...you should be extremely dismayed, and act it, to find yourself in the
presence of barbarians who do not believe in the power of prayer, in the will of God or
the promises of Jesus Christ.... And you should immediately make it your business to place
this matter before the proper authorities, that people are in charge of an institution
her, are not Christians, and do not believe in God.

HCOB 18 July 1959

The whole christian movement is based on the victim.... They won by appealing to victims.
We can win by converting victims. Christianity succeeded by making people into victims.

PDC 14

We've been able to measure everything else. In absence of that we've been driven to this
incredible length. In absence of trying to find a supreme being for this universe, why
we've been driven to the incredible length of having to discover that uh.. uh.. probably
the mostest god you'll ever know is you in this universe and uh.. for lack of a.. lack of
a nice big fellow who anthromorphically sits on a throne and uh.. has a greed for
adulation which would be found disgusting in any mortal (I'm quoting the Greeks now. The
sources of Christianity, Plato, the great pagan, he's their sole reason for authority).
Anyway, didn't you know that, that Christianity is based upon the writings of Plato, and
the Catholic Church at all times when challenged about its doctrines has uniformly
referred to the authority called Plato? You understand I'm not.. not in any way, sense or
form against the Church. I think the Church is a good organization. But we got a better
one now.

P> PDC 11

First thing they tell you, "God is everywhere." Rrrrr. You mean we can't have any of our
own space in this universe because that's all God's space. That's the neatest trick of the
universe. That's been perpetuated for 76 trillion years. You think that's new?

PDC 9

So he (the thetan)has as far as we can see in the manufacture of energy, about the same
capabilities as those which have been assigned to the Supreme Being in this universe. The
proprietor of the MEST universe, I suppose, has got his characteristics and so forth, uh..
uh.. as good as some of the thetans I've processed. I hope so.

Uh.. but just because we would have a proprietor of this universe uh.. that could do this
and that or a manufacturer of this universe could do this and that, that would be no
reason whatsoever to assume that that proprietor were necessarily the highest level of
proprietor there could be.

There are gods and makers of gods. And this is a minor universe. All right, it's a big,
sloppy one.

PDC 14

If nobody to date has been able to actually spot with a meter the existence of commands
from a Supreme Being.. you see, he's got no reason or right to keep insisting that people
receive commands from a Supreme Being. He has no reality on it. He.. he couldn't.. he
couldn't get a good agreement on this except on a stampede basis. It cannot be
scientifically established the geographical location of a fellow by the no.. name of the
Supreme Being, MEST universe. That can't be established.

A lot of fellows been trying that. This does not say that there aren't such things as gods
and makers of gods. But it does say that this cardboard thing-a-ma-bob that they sell by
painting signs on the rocks probably isn't sending out anything for us to experience at
all.

PAB 18

People who spend too much time propitiating God are in actuality certain
beneath the surface that they deserve a great deal of punishment from that being.

David Rice, Esq.

Nov 13, 2005, 10:17:20 AM11/13/05
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 03:06:41 GMT, "Feisty" <su...@skytoday.com>
wrote:

> http://web.archive.org/web/20030624010813/www.caic.org.au/psyther/sci/hubbardo.htm
>
> What Scientology REALLY Thinks of the Judeo/Christian God

The Jewish and Christian gods are totally and fundamentally
different. Surely this must have been obvious to the writer.

---
http://lastliberal.org / I support privatization of religion.
Free random & sequential signature changer http://holysmoke.org/sig

croesus

Nov 13, 2005, 12:09:47 PM11/13/05
David Rice, Esq. wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 03:06:41 GMT, "Feisty" <su...@skytoday.com>
> wrote:
>
> > http://web.archive.org/web/20030624010813/www.caic.org.au/psyther/sci/hubbardo.htm
> >
> > What Scientology REALLY Thinks of the Judeo/Christian God
>
> The Jewish and Christian gods are totally and fundamentally
> different. Surely this must have been obvious to the writer.

Surely, it isn't obvious. My understanding is that they have the same
God. Jesus was a Jew. In fact, from what I know, Islam, the Jews and
Christiananity have one and the same God.

Each religeon traces its roots and its GOD to around 2000 BC when God
made a covenant with Abraham that his genetic line would mark the
beginning of God's chosen race of people. The three religeons have, as
their basic difference, what this original areement referred to -
whether it was Abraham's genes (Arabs) or his wife's Sarah genes
(Jews). The bible teaches that the Jewish race decended from Sarah who
was inseminated, not by Abraham, but artificially by angel's of God.
The same seems to be true of Jesus whose genetic body apparently was
created by a similar process.

Its kind of funny why the same God would inspire three distinct
religeons and then put them in conflict in the one place in the world
were all the oil is. Sounds like some God erected for men an
unsolvable, disasterous problem - maybe for his own amusement.

barb

Nov 13, 2005, 2:47:37 PM11/13/05
croesus wrote:

Then again, maybe shit just happens, religion is just another control
mechanism for the lesser monkeys, and there is no god pulling strings
for entertainment.

--
--barb
Chaplain,ARSCC

"Imagine a church so dangerous, you must sign a release
form before you can receive its "spiritual assistance."
This assistance might involve holding you against your
will for an indefinite period, isolating you from
friends and family, and denying you access to
appropriate medical care. You will of course be billed
for this treatment - assuming you survive it. If not,
the release form absolves your caretakers of all
responsibility for your suffering and death.

Welcome to the Church of Scientology."

--Dr. Dave Touretzky
Peter Alexander

David Rice, Esq.

Nov 13, 2005, 3:21:19 PM11/13/05
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:47:37 -0800, barb <bwa...@cox.net> wrote:

> croesus wrote:

> > David Rice, Esq. wrote:

> >>The Jewish and Christian gods are totally and fundamentally
> >>different. Surely this must have been obvious to the writer.

croesus is in my asshole filter so I did not see his reply.

>> Surely, it isn't obvious.

Ask any Jew, stupid.

>> My understanding is that they have the same God[sic]. Jesus

>> was a Jew. In fact, from what I know, Islam, the Jews and

>> Christiananity have one and the same God [sic].

Islam's chief god: Allah Of The Law

Jewish chief god: YHWH; yy-elohim; Yahweh Of The Gods

Christinity chief god: Jesus the Christ

Golly, three totally diffferent gods.

> Then again, maybe shit just happens, religion is just another control
> mechanism for the lesser monkeys, and there is no god pulling strings
> for entertainment.

The need for believing in gods among some humans appears to be
linked to their low-level dominance in their normal social
hierarchy. This link is supported by the fact that belief in gods
correlates with higher incidents of violence exactly as is seen
with the correlation between low-level dominance/submission social
hierarchies.

Or to put it plainly, men who beat women and children tend to be
submissive to other men, and tend to believe in gods and tend to
be more religiously motivated.

> --
> --barb
> Chaplain,ARSCC
> xenu...@netscape.net
>
> "Imagine a church so dangerous, you must sign a release
> form before you can receive its "spiritual assistance."
> This assistance might involve holding you against your
> will for an indefinite period, isolating you from
> friends and family, and denying you access to
> appropriate medical care. You will of course be billed
> for this treatment - assuming you survive it. If not,
> the release form absolves your caretakers of all
> responsibility for your suffering and death.
>
> Welcome to the Church of Scientology."
>
> --Dr. Dave Touretzky
> Peter Alexander

---

croesus

Nov 13, 2005, 3:27:39 PM11/13/05

Sure - and maybe cars, watches, computers, satelites, life and the
concepts of religeon and God are just random creations of a universe
that follows the laws of quantum electrodynamics and Boltzman's laws of
statistics. And maybe two plus two really equals five. And maybe,
maybe, maybe....

No, there are higher minds to all this. These laws only describe the
playing field - what God or spirits do with the playing field becomes
all the various dimensions and experiences of life. And quite often
shit is made to happen. And I believe, according to written records,
the Jews, Islam and Christianity all worship the same God.

ramona

Nov 13, 2005, 3:39:19 PM11/13/05

croesus wrote:
> David Rice, Esq. wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 03:06:41 GMT, "Feisty" <su...@skytoday.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > http://web.archive.org/web/20030624010813/www.caic.org.au/psyther/sci/hubbardo.htm
> > >
> > > What Scientology REALLY Thinks of the Judeo/Christian God
> >
> > The Jewish and Christian gods are totally and fundamentally
> > different. Surely this must have been obvious to the writer.
>
> Surely, it isn't obvious. My understanding is that they have the same
> God. Jesus was a Jew. In fact, from what I know, Islam, the Jews and
> Christiananity have one and the same God.

Hear oh Israel the lord our G-d is one. - Jewish G-d. Jesus is
neither a g-d nor messiah (leader,) but only a jewish man.

Trinity- (3) Father, Son (Jesus) and Holy Ghost. - Christian.
Orthodox Jews and Orthodox Muslims consider this polytheism, especially
the worship of Jesus the man god.

NOT the same.

> Each religeon traces its roots and its GOD to around 2000 BC when God
> made a covenant with Abraham that his genetic line would mark the
> beginning of God's chosen race of people. The three religeons have, as
> their basic difference, what this original areement referred to -
> whether it was Abraham's genes (Arabs)

That would be from Hagar's genes (Ishmael)

or his wife's Sarah genes
> (Jews).

Umm, that would be Hebrews.

> The bible teaches that the Jewish race

People, not race. If each cultural grouping was a different "race" we
would not be able to mate outside our own "race". Yes, it is used in
everyday language as race, but it's not correct usage.

> decended from Sarah who
> was inseminated, not by Abraham, but artificially by angel's of God.

That is rich. Sarah had Abraham's child with the "miracle" being that
she became pregnant outside of the normal age to become pregnant after
a lifetime of infertility. I have never heard it suggested that she was
divinely inseminated.

> The same seems to be true of Jesus whose genetic body apparently was
> created by a similar process.

Only if you are Christian would you possibly believe that and only a
few of the Christians I know actually do.

> Its kind of funny why the same God would inspire three distinct
> religeons and then put them in conflict in the one place in the world
> were all the oil is.

I somehow doubt that G-d is Jewish, Christian, or even Muslim. As
humans, we have created G-d in our own image and not the other way
around, anthropomorphism. My own anthropomorphism design believes that
G-d while leaving us to our own choice is saddened by some of those
choices including that of living successfully with other people
different than ourselves.

>Sounds like some God erected for men an
> unsolvable, disasterous problem - maybe for his own amusement.

Or man created for himself excuses for fighting in the name of greed,
technology and advancement.

Ramona

P.S. To read about Hubbard's view of the Christian Jesus read:
http://www.contenderministries.org/mail/10042003hubbard.php

It's fairly shocking and I'm a non-christian.

John

Nov 13, 2005, 4:44:33 PM11/13/05

"Feisty" <su...@skytoday.com> wrote in message

Someone had read reading Neitzche.

barb

Nov 13, 2005, 7:26:17 PM11/13/05
John wrote:

Yeah. Neitzche is peitzche!

John

Nov 13, 2005, 7:38:07 PM11/13/05

"barb" <bwa...@cox.net> wrote in message

Wittgenstein is mighty fein
JohnStuart Mill is a bit of a pill.
Plato is Greato, he'd make a great mateo.

Zinj

Nov 13, 2005, 8:05:47 PM11/13/05
In article <4377...@news2.lightlink.com>, bwa...@cox.net says...

"Du gehst zu Frauen? Vergiß die Peitsche nicht»."
Freddy Nietsche's
"Guide to Modern Dating"

Zinj
--
Villains! I say to you now! Knock off all that Evil!
- The Tick

Fear Not

Nov 13, 2005, 8:26:54 PM11/13/05
I didn't know Scientology thinks!!

Ronroids. Kind of like hemorrhoids.

Kim Palmer

Nov 13, 2005, 8:40:30 PM11/13/05
Zinj wrote:

ewwwwww - that one always gets me ;-)

Kim P

Ball of Fluff

Nov 13, 2005, 8:40:52 PM11/13/05

"barb" <bwa...@cox.net> wrote in message

"God is dead"--Neitzche

"Neitzche is dead"- God.

David Rice, Esq.

Nov 13, 2005, 8:50:44 PM11/13/05
On 13 Nov 2005 12:39:19 -0800, "ramona" <atlr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> croesus wrote:

> > David Rice, Esq. wrote:

> > > The Jewish and Christian gods are totally and fundamentally
> > > different. Surely this must have been obvious to the writer.

> > Surely, it isn't obvious. My understanding is that they have the same
> > God. Jesus was a Jew. In fact, from what I know, Islam, the Jews and
> > Christiananity have one and the same God.

> Hear oh Israel the lord our G-d is one. - Jewish G-d. Jesus is
> neither a g-d nor messiah (leader,) but only a jewish man.

If Jesus existed at all, he would have been enraged at having been
made a god: that is the ultimate blasphemy.

> Trinity- (3) Father, Son (Jesus) and Holy Ghost. - Christian.

You forgot the god Satan, the other god Lucipher (which the second
or third author of Isaiah confused the planet Venus with), the
several dozen arch-angel demi-gods, a few billion assorted demons,
etc. Christianity is no more "monotheistic" than Scientology is a
"religion."

> Orthodox Jews and Orthodox Muslims consider this polytheism, especially
> the worship of Jesus the man god.
>
> NOT the same.

However, the ancient Hebrews certainly were polytheists,
worshiping and celebrating the Babylonian gods and goddesses
(which is where they got the desert tribal war god Yahweh). They
worshiped Inanna and other goddesses.

> > The bible teaches that the Jewish race

The concept of "race" is utterly arbitrary and "race" does not
exist outside the imaginations of ignorant human beings. There is
no such thing as "the Jewish race."

And is it any wonder why I have this "croesus" nut kill-filed?

> People, not race. If each cultural grouping was a different "race" we
> would not be able to mate outside our own "race". Yes, it is used in
> everyday language as race, but it's not correct usage.

You are right.

>> decended from Sarah who was inseminated, not by Abraham,
>> but artificially by angel's of God.

"croesus" is rewriting the Hebrew Testament. The myth states that
the god "Yahweh of the Elohim" (yy-el) impregnated Sarah, just
like the Christian Testament states the same god impregnated a
young unmarried woman named "Mary."

> That is rich. Sarah had Abraham's child with the "miracle"
> being that she became pregnant outside of the normal age to
> become pregnant after a lifetime of infertility. I have never
> heard it suggested that she was divinely inseminated.

The Hebrew Testament says so. Sarah's spouse was impotent (due to
age, according to the myth) so she went to one of the hundreds of
asherah set up by the priests of the god Yahweh and conceived in
the asherah."And Yahweh of the gods visited Sarah as he had said,
and Yahweh of the gods did unto Sarah as he had spoken. For Sarah
conceived, and bare Abraham a son" (Genesis 21:1-2)

It was later, during King Josiah's terror, that the asherah were
suppressed and the holy prostitutes (male and female) were ejected
from the temple; they still existed "in the high places" however,
long after the time of Josiah.

An asherah was a carved rendition of a vulva with a fan-shaped
clitoris, with thirteen "tuffs" of public hair; a penis trusts
proudly through the vulva (and presumably into the vagina), with a
pinecone carved at the bottom. A bag or box was set next to the
asherah so that people could give offerings to the God / Goddess
that the asherah served. Ashtoreth, Baal, and Yahweh were three
common gods the ancient Hebrews worshiped at these asherah. Innana
and Ishtar were two of the Goddesses.

Yahweh morphed from a fertility god into a war god after the
Captivity.

So Isaac was just one of the sons of the god Yahweh of the Elohim.
Samson was another; Jesus was another; the Bible tells of others,
such as the child of Elizabeth being fathered on her by the god
Yahweh

> > Its kind of funny why the same God would inspire three distinct
> > religeons and then put them in conflict in the one place in the world
> > were all the oil is.
>
> I somehow doubt that G-d is Jewish, Christian, or even Muslim. As
> humans, we have created G-d in our own image and not the other way
> around, anthropomorphism. My own anthropomorphism design believes that
> G-d while leaving us to our own choice is saddened by some of those
> choices including that of living successfully with other people
> different than ourselves.

If horses had hands and minds like humans, they would have
horse-shaped gods.

Ball of Fluff

Nov 13, 2005, 8:53:53 PM11/13/05

"David Rice, Esq." <deser...@ho-tmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Doesn't really shock me cuz I don't think he said it.

He did say that Jesus was a leader of ~men~ with the implication that Jesus
wasn't god.

The pedophile reference is from a source many believe to be apocryphal.

But it must also be said that Hubbard wasn't Christian. He did not like
Western religions at all. He seems to have vastly preferred the Eastern
ones.

Ball of Fluff

Nov 13, 2005, 8:54:21 PM11/13/05

"Fear Not" <tpl...@msn.com> wrote in message

>I didn't know Scientology thinks!!
>
> Ronroids. Kind of like hemorrhoids.

Stupid generalization.

Lisa Ruby

Nov 13, 2005, 10:55:56 PM11/13/05
David Rice wrote:

The need for believing in gods among some humans appears to be
> linked to their low-level dominance in their normal social
> hierarchy. This link is supported by the fact that belief in gods
> correlates with higher incidents of violence exactly as is seen
> with the correlation between low-level dominance/submission social
> hierarchies.

>Or to put it plainly, men who beat women and children tend to be
>submissive to other men, and tend to believe in gods and tend to
>be more religiously motivated.

This is NWO propaganda.

Lisa Ruby
http://www.libertytothecaptives.net

Piltdown Man

Nov 14, 2005, 6:48:06 AM11/14/05

John <ju...@junk.com> wrote...
<snip>

> > Yeah. Neitzche is peitzche!
>
> Wittgenstein is mighty fein

According to the Bruces' Philosophers Song, he was a beery swine, who was
very rarely stable (to rhyme with Hegel).

barb

Nov 14, 2005, 7:18:57 AM11/14/05
David Rice, Esq. wrote:

This whole thread makes about as much sense as "Who is mightier? God or
Allah? Could Allah kick the Easter Bunny's ass? How about Superman's?
:P

David Rice, Esq.

Nov 14, 2005, 12:05:04 PM11/14/05
On 13 Nov 2005 19:55:56 -0800, "Lisa Ruby"
<Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote:

> David Rice wrote:

>> The need for believing in gods among some humans appears to be
>> linked to their low-level dominance in their normal social
>> hierarchy. This link is supported by the fact that belief in gods
>> correlates with higher incidents of violence exactly as is seen
>> with the correlation between low-level dominance/submission social
>> hierarchies.
>
>>Or to put it plainly, men who beat women and children tend to be
>>submissive to other men, and tend to believe in gods and tend to
>>be more religiously motivated.

> This is NWO propaganda.

blaCK hElIcOPtERs BLaCK HEliCOPtERs BLaCk HELICoPTErs bLAck
hELicOPteRS blaCK HELIcoptErS BlAck hElicOPTerS BLACk HEliCopTeRs
BLacK hELICOPTErS bLaCk HeLIcOptERs BLAck hElIcopters BlacK
HElIcOptERS BlACk HelIcoPteRS bLAck HElICopTerS BLAck HelICopTErS
BLAcK helICoPters BlaCk HElIcOPTers blaCK HELIcopterS blACk
heLiCopTeRS

> Lisa Ruby

John

Nov 14, 2005, 4:59:22 PM11/14/05

"Piltdown Man" <pilt...@ivehaditwiththespam.sorry> wrote in message

Old Aristotle was a beggar for the bottle :)

Lisa Ruby

Nov 14, 2005, 11:31:28 PM11/14/05
The "black helicoptors" taunt was used often on ARS as damage control
for
Scientology. When Gerry Armstrong posted something too telling about
the CoS, he got the black helicoptor taunt.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/browse_frm/thread/2391a655118a33cf/bae659db0a3522d2?q=black+helicopters&rnum=6#bae659db0a3522d2

The black helicopter taunt is currently used on ARS against those who
expose
the NWO and/or Scientology's connection to the same.

Lisa Ruby
http://www.libertytothecaptives.net

realpch

Nov 15, 2005, 12:33:19 AM11/15/05

Lisa, it's used when people wish to indicate that a poster has brought
up a far-fetched conspiracy theory or seems unduly paranoid.

Peach

Lisa Ruby

Nov 15, 2005, 1:25:22 AM11/15/05
Peach wrote:

>Lisa, it's used when people wish to indicate that a poster has brought
>up a far-fetched conspiracy theory or seems unduly paranoid.

On ARS, when a poster goes "too far" in exposing Scientology's
agenda they are mocked with the label of paranoid and
when a poster exposes the fact that the CoS helps further the
globalist agenda of the US government they are dismissed
as conspiracy theorists.

It is easy that Scientology controls the newsgroup that bears their
name.

Lisa Ruby
http://www.libertytothecaptives.net

realpch

Nov 15, 2005, 5:31:50 AM11/15/05
Lisa Ruby wrote:

> Peach wrote:
>
> >Lisa, it's used when people wish to indicate that a poster has brought
> >up a far-fetched conspiracy theory or seems unduly paranoid.
>
> On ARS, when a poster goes "too far" in exposing Scientology's
> agenda they are mocked with the label of paranoid and
> when a poster exposes the fact that the CoS helps further the
> globalist agenda of the US government they are dismissed
> as conspiracy theorists.

Oh? Well I haven't seen it happen yet.

You know Lisa, I think there is a global conspiracy. Here it is: the
rich want to get richer, and in the process they're making the poor
poorer. That's it.

> It is easy that Scientology controls the newsgroup that bears their
> name.
>
> Lisa Ruby
> http://www.libertytothecaptives.net

You probably meant "It's easy to see." However, it appears to be easy to
see only to you and Truthseeker. Oh, and Lily too. I know you're mad
that everyone here doesn't agree with your theories, however it doesn't
mean we are all part of a global conspiracy.

Peach

l.l.lipshitz

Nov 15, 2005, 6:18:16 PM11/15/05
In article <4377ee35$1...@news2.lightlink.com>,

"Ball of Fluff" <getof...@fluffentology.com> wrote:

| "David Rice, Esq." <deser...@ho-tmail.com> wrote in message

[...]

| > You forgot the god Satan, the other god Lucipher (which the second
| > or third author of Isaiah confused the planet Venus with), the

i think you are the confused one. 'lucifer' appears in
isaiah 14:12...except that 'lucifer' is latin, which
did not exist as a language when isaiah was written.
in hebrew the phrase is 'helel ben shahar', which
literally means 'shining one, son of dawn' and is
generally taken to refer to an arrogant babylonian king.
'lucifer' did not enter the bible until he was put
there by jerome in his 405 c.e. latin translation of
the greek translation of the hebrew bible. any
confusion with venus was the product of some translator
or interpreter, not the author(s) of isaiah.

[...]

| > However, the ancient Hebrews certainly were polytheists,
| > worshiping and celebrating the Babylonian gods and goddesses
| > (which is where they got the desert tribal war god Yahweh). They
| > worshiped Inanna and other goddesses.

i don't think they worshipped inanna, who was a
sumerian goddess: the sumerian culture predated the
ancient hebrews by hundreds of years (possibly a
millennium). however, goddesses of love/sex and war are
common in ancient religions so the hebrews certainly
worshipped cognate inannas.

[...]

| > The concept of "race" is utterly arbitrary and "race" does not
| > exist outside the imaginations of ignorant human beings. There is
| > no such thing as "the Jewish race."
| >
| > And is it any wonder why I have this "croesus" nut kill-filed?

no more of a wonder than why i have this 'david rice'
nut kill-filed.

[...]

| > "croesus" is rewriting the Hebrew Testament. The myth states that
| > the god "Yahweh of the Elohim" (yy-el) impregnated Sarah, just
| > like the Christian Testament states the same god impregnated a
| > young unmarried woman named "Mary."

what myth? what is 'yy-el'?

| >> That is rich. Sarah had Abraham's child with the "miracle"
| >> being that she became pregnant outside of the normal age to
| >> become pregnant after a lifetime of infertility. I have never
| >> heard it suggested that she was divinely inseminated.
| >
| > The Hebrew Testament says so. Sarah's spouse was impotent (due to
| > age, according to the myth)

what myth?

|so she went to one of the hundreds of
| > asherah set up by the priests of the god Yahweh and conceived in
| > the asherah."And Yahweh of the gods visited Sarah as he had said,
| > and Yahweh of the gods did unto Sarah as he had spoken. For Sarah
| > conceived, and bare Abraham a son" (Genesis 21:1-2)

does your myth also say that hagar was divinely
inseminated? or was abra(ha)m potent at age 86 but
impotent at 99? else why is the exact same wording used
for both:

genesis 16:15 - 'and hagar bore abram a son'
'va'teled hagar l'avram ben'
genesis 21:2 - 'and sarah ... bore abraham a son'
'... va'teled sarah l'avraham ben'

[...]

| > An asherah was a carved rendition of a vulva with a fan-shaped
| > clitoris, with thirteen "tuffs" of public hair; a penis trusts
| > proudly through the vulva (and presumably into the vagina), with a
| > pinecone carved at the bottom. A bag or box was set next to the
| > asherah so that people could give offerings to the God / Goddess
| > that the asherah served.

other than the small clay asherah figures found all
over israel, i have never seen a picture of an asherah.
in fact, i've never seen such a detailed description
of one as you present above. obviously my education
is lacking in this area. perhaps you'd be kind enough
to provide a citation to literature that includes the
descriptive details you mention.

|Ashtoreth, Baal, and Yahweh were three
| > common gods the ancient Hebrews worshiped at these asherah. Innana
| > and Ishtar were two of the Goddesses.

you're mixing practices. inanna is sumerian while istar
is babylonian. they are generally thought to be the
equivalents (and predecessors) of the goddess ashtoreth
(hebrew)/athirat (ugaritic)/astarte (phoenician).

also note that 'asherah' is both a goddess (sometimes
confused with astoreth) and a ritual object:

-ashera (plural = ashorim, and thus, masculine) is
a post or pole erected near altars and certain places
of worship.

-ashera (plural = asherot, and thus, feminine) is
the canaanite mother goddess and consort of el and
probably yahweh. used in the plural, the name is
usually taken as a generic term for false goddesses in
the bible.

| > Yahweh morphed from a fertility god into a war god after the
| > Captivity.

what captivity? egypt? babylonia?

i dunno, i think it happened the other way around.
while the ancient hebrews wandered thruout the region,
into egypt and into 'the promised land', their god
was pretty damn war-like, smiting all their enemies
or ordering them to do so. it was only after they
settled in canaan that yahweh adopted the traits of
the canaanite fertility god.

| > So Isaac was just one of the sons of the god Yahweh of the Elohim.
| > Samson was another; Jesus was another; the Bible tells of others,
| > such as the child of Elizabeth being fathered on her by the god
| > Yahweh

yahweh is the father of john-the-baptist?

so every time an angel appears to announce a pregnancy,
you're saying that it is god inseminating the woman?
ishmael, isaac, samson, john, jesus...who am i leaving
out? jesus seems to be the only one where the angel
actually says god will be the father. everywhere else
it is assumed the husband will father the child.

[...]

-elle

--------=[ l.l.lipshitz * elkube(at)lycos(dot)com ]=--------

people are not only innately stupid,
they are ambitiously so. -kk

Kim Palmer

Nov 16, 2005, 6:18:49 AM11/16/05
oh boo hoo - you see conspiracies where none exist and when
this is pointed out you claim we are taunting you because we
point out that there is no conspiracy. You really have to
get out more and get rid of your blinders - life is much more
than just being afraid of everything and everyone all the time.

Kim P