Paging Truthseeker and Tory/Magoo: A challenge.

John Dorsay

Dec 13, 2006, 12:20:32 AM12/13/06

I ask readers except Truthseeker and Tory/Magoo to post any replies
or comments to a new thread, rather than to this one. For obvious
reasons, this thread will be most useful if it includes only a small
number of posts. Thanks in advance.

Tory/Magoo and Truthseeker:

Each of you claims to be a critic of scientology, and each of you
claims the other is OSA.

Only one of you can be telling the truth. One of you must be a liar.

I challenge you both to help me decide which one of you is an
honest, effective critic of scientology, and which one of you is, at
best, a liar. Are you up to the challenge?

BACKGROUND

As you both know, scientologist Jeremy Perkins murdered his mother,
Elli Perkins (who was also a scientologist) when he was suffering
from untreated schizophrenia. Jeremy's parents, and Jeremy himself,
avoided psychiatrists and psychiatric treatment for his
schizophrenia because they accepted the scientology teachings that
"psychiatrists are not only useless, but evil - their medications
nothing but poisons." [note 1]

According to one person who knows Jeremy, Jeremy himself now
believes that he would not have murdered his mother if his
schizophrenia had been treated with antipsychotic medications at
that time. [note 2]

Yet Jan Easgate, a spokesperson for scientology, disagreed, claiming
"there is no evidence that a psychotropic drug is going to prevent
an act of violence." [note 3]

There is a transcript of the CBS News expose "Scientology - A
Question of Faith", which addresses the role of scientology in this
tragic sequence of events.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/25/48hours/main2124568.shtml

There is a link to a printable version near the top left of the
screen, which is easier to read. Or, if you prefer, the transcript
has been posted here:

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/3aa623498808be75?dmode=source&output=gplain

THE CHALLENGE

Have you watched the CBS documentary about the Perkins murder, or
read the transcript? If not, will you do so now?

Do you think people with questions about scientology would benefit
from reading the transcript or watching the documentary?

Will you post a message urging people to do so, including this link
to the transcript in the message?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/25/48hours/main2124568.shtml

If you answered "no" to any of my questions, why should people
believe you are a critic of scientology? Why should people not
believe you are a liar?

Thanks in advance for helping me to determine which of you is really
a critic of scientology.

John

Note 1:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/25/48hours/main2124568.shtml

Note 2:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/25/48hours/main2124568_page9.shtml

Note 3:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/25/48hours/main2124568_page9.shtml

Iggy

Dec 13, 2006, 12:32:43 AM12/13/06

"John Dorsay" <restim...@gmail.com> wrote in message

This has already been answered by Tory in many previous threads at the many
times prior to/during/after the 48 Hours story. Google it, and you'll have
your answer. Tory doesn't have to prove anything to you.

> I ask readers except Truthseeker and Tory/Magoo to post any replies
> or comments to a new thread, rather than to this one. For obvious
> reasons, this thread will be most useful if it includes only a small
> number of posts. Thanks in advance.

Asked and denied. Where do *you* get off asking for proof from Magoo?
Unless this is your idea of a silly joke?

<snip>

Truth Seeker

Dec 13, 2006, 12:35:39 AM12/13/06
If it's a contest for who can lie and make up stories the best, I will
have to give the "win" to Tory.

I can't compete with Tory in that area.

Truth Seeker
===========

Here is a list of the titles of all the articles posted earlier
to this newsgroup that the Church of Scientology does not want you to
read. If you're having a hard time finding them, just do a search on
the title of the article within this newsgroup with your newsreader or
go to Google.com, select "groups" and enter the title of the article.

*- The FAQ for Alt.Religion.Scientology

*- The 4 things you should never do on this newsgroup

*- ******* Spotting OSA operatives ******* - by "Ralph Dorian"

*- All about the church of scientology's "Xenu" undercover operation

*- Ways of keeping the church of scientology out of your computer and out of your life

*- How the church of scientology tries to justifies their crimes

*- Names the Church of Scientology is posting under on this newsgroup

*- The basic stance of the church of scientology takes on those who defy their will

*- Want to know how to beat the church of scientology at it's own game?

*- The church of scientology: Alt.Religion.Scientology's thought police

*- Want to see an example of Tory ( Magoo ) getting caught in a lie?

*- The Church of Scientology wants to install Spy Ware on your computer!

*- Want to know how the Church of Scientology makes nothing out of their crimes?

*- The Church of Scientology's criminal "Operation Snow White"

*- Did you know that the scientologists on this newsgroup use communication as a weapon?

*- Watch how the scientologists on this newsgroup work the "Effects Scale"

*- The incredible things the church of scientology believes

*- Is spiritual growth a mechanical process?

*- What happened to Lisa McPherson proves one of these 2 things

*- Another Inconsistency in Tory's story

*- Tory's real mission on this newsgroup

*- Want to know how to tell the real critics from the scientologists pretending to be critics?

*- This is how Tory and the church of scientology brought down Bob Minton

*- Why were these important facts omitted from the book "Dianetics"?

*- More betrayal at the Church of Scientology in Washington DC

*- Here are 10 unscrupulous Scientology staff members I've encountered at the church

*- Want to know what techniques the scientologists use on this newsgroup to silence critics?

*- The Church of Scientology's defence mechanism

If any of the articles listed in this index cannot be found, it is probably
because the Church of Scientology has illegally canceled it in order to keep
anybody from reading it. Please wait for me to re-post it in the future.

Thank You.

Truth Seeker

Dec 13, 2006, 12:46:16 AM12/13/06
How do we know you not an OSA operative?

John Dorsay

Dec 13, 2006, 12:44:43 AM12/13/06
Thank you for your reply, Truthseeker. You have answered my
question whether you meant to or not. I quote your answer below, in
its entirety.

John

John Dorsay

Dec 13, 2006, 1:04:57 AM12/13/06

Thank you for making my challenge a success! Once again, I quote
your reply in its entirety.

Truth Seeker

Dec 13, 2006, 1:30:31 AM12/13/06
Are you a scientologist?

Truth Seeker

Dec 13, 2006, 1:31:00 AM12/13/06
Are you a scientologist?

Simkatu

Dec 13, 2006, 6:21:01 AM12/13/06

I apologize to John for messing up his thread with an extra post, but I
wanted to let Iggy know that Tory doesn't mind answering questions about
her past involvement with CoS and she is generally open about talking
about such issues as Jeremy Perkins.

John already knows the answer about who is working for OSA. It is
obvious to anyone that is here for more than a few minutes that
TruthSeeker is spamming as a means of distraction.

John knows who Tory is and his "challenge" was set up to quickly
demonstrate to newbies exactly who they should believe.

Tory tells people to visit critical websites, read critical books, watch
critical movies (and also to read the other side!) and to make up their
own minds.

TruthSeeker says to trust nobody, read no critical books, read no
critical websites, don't communicate with any critics. He also advises
that lying is an acceptable means to communicate with the public in
order to accomplish his goals (which is straight from Keeping
Scientology Working).

It is easy for John and anyone else to see who is currently working for CoS.

Anyhoo, I'm sorry to John for "messing up" his thread. I just wanted to
let Iggy know that John is one of the good guys and he wasn't being rude
at all by asking Tory to answer some questions. In fact, he was just
tossing out a softball for her to slam over the fence.

Tory hasn't even answered yet, but when she does, it will be home run.
You watch!

--
Simkatu

Iggy

Dec 13, 2006, 11:30:53 PM12/13/06

"Simkatu" <sim...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Totally agree with all.....

> It is easy for John and anyone else to see who is currently working for
> CoS.
>
> Anyhoo, I'm sorry to John for "messing up" his thread. I just wanted to
> let Iggy know that John is one of the good guys and he wasn't being rude
> at all by asking Tory to answer some questions. In fact, he was just
> tossing out a softball for her to slam over the fence.
>
> Tory hasn't even answered yet, but when she does, it will be home run. You
> watch!

I realize this and, contrary to what John thought, I was not looking for a
flamefest. Read my response in the other thread with the ad hominem attack
from John in the subject line.

> --
> Simkatu

Magoo

Dec 14, 2006, 1:33:32 AM12/14/06

> Thank you for making my challenge a success! Once again, I quote
> your reply in its entirety.

Dear John,

As you can see, all TS can do is post *his* messages, filled with
falsehoods, lies, posts real critics have written that he's ripped
off--claiming he wrote them, and claims with ZERO back up.
Of course I think people should read the links re Jeremy Perkins. I've
posted extensively about Scientology's medical malpractice with myself,
personally, as well as written much about the many Scientologists I knew who
took their own lives.
I know 6 young men who took their own lives, all tragically just really
beginning their lives. It is my opinion that Scientology's policy's
....Hubbard's VERY Destructive policies on "Disconnection" break up
families, and I believe drive people to take their own lives, rather than
face the wrath of this totalitarian organization> But we'll never know, will
we...as they're all D E A D.

Watch www.xenutv.com "Tory Speaks to CFI"
and you tell me if you think I'm a critic, or not.
That's me~ Who *is* TS?

I'll meet with TS, any time, on camera, and debate each issue.

Will he? Of course not!

The rest an ant could figure out.

Happy Holidays, thanks for playing :)

Tory/Magoo~~
Burbank, CA
(818) 841-3632

For what? Posting your endless lies?

Get a life! Quit lying.

Tory/Magoo!
www.xenu.net
www.torymagoo.org
www.lermanet.com/cos/toryonosa.htm
www.lisamcpherson.org

John Dorsay

Dec 15, 2006, 8:48:18 AM12/15/06
Thank you for answering my question, Tory.

To summarize this challenge, Tory/Magoo and Truthseeker were asked
to demonstrate that they are really critics of the Church of
Scientology by commenting on the CBS News expose "Scientology - A
Question of Faith" and the Jeremy Perkins story.

Tory's answer:

Of course I think people should read the links re Jeremy Perkins.

Truthseeker's answer:

How do we know you not an OSA operative?

Thanks to both of you for participating!

Magoo wrote:
> "John Dorsay" <restim...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Thank you for making my challenge a success! Once again, I quote
>> your reply in its entirety.
>
> Dear John,
>
> As you can see, all TS can do is post *his* messages, filled with
> falsehoods, lies, posts real critics have written that he's ripped
> off--claiming he wrote them, and claims with ZERO back up.
> Of course I think people should read the links re Jeremy Perkins. I've
> posted extensively about Scientology's medical malpractice with myself,
> personally, as well as written much about the many Scientologists I knew who
> took their own lives.
> I know 6 young men who took their own lives, all tragically just really
> beginning their lives. It is my opinion that Scientology's policy's

> .....Hubbard's VERY Destructive policies on "Disconnection" break up

terapin Ed

Dec 15, 2006, 2:05:09 PM12/15/06
Of course TS is part of scientology. All critics couldn't wait to see
the 48hrs story on the tragic Perkins tragedy.
Truthseeker of course said he does not have time for TV and will not
comment on it.
Critics watched the show and allways encourage others to watch it and
make their own opinions.
TS and scientology do not want people to watch the show so they dont
discuss it.
Critics say watch it and form your own opinions.
Scientology is afraid of people thinking for themselves.
Critics encourage people to gather ALL information and form their owm
opinions.
Peace
Ed
posting from the downtown Clearwater Library. Just wanted to make sure
scinos have unfiltered internet access if the want it.