PSYCHIATRIC DRUGS JUST MADE HIM WORSE!!!!!!!

pwalt...@yahoo.com

Oct 24, 2005, 11:25:06 AM10/24/05
("We in the medical profession are quite cavalier about putting kids on
medications that do have long-term side effects. (The antipsychotic
drug) Risperdal is associated with sudden cardiac death and diabetes,
and yet practically every pediatric neurologist I've ever met uses it
without a second thought."
David Adams hasn't used Risperdal with Zeke; he said the medication can
help control self-abuse in some autistic children, but Zeke hasn't had
that behavior problem. Zeke has taken two antidepressants and Ritalin,
which seemed to make his condition worse, the Adamses said. )

Knoxville News Sentinel
Trying the alternatives
Cleveland doctor and therapist wife sample a variety of treatments to
address son's autism
By KRISTI L. NELSON, nel...@knews.com
October 24, 2005
Jennifer and David Adams have a ball pit in their basement, a
hyperbaric oxygen tank in their front room, an infrared-light sauna in
their garage - and hope in their hearts.
In the four years since their 6-year-old son, Ezekial, was diagnosed
with autism, the Cleveland, Tenn., couple have grown to accept that
just about anything that won't hurt Zeke might help him.
It's a tactic taken by many parents of children diagnosed with what are
called "autistic spectrum disorders," neurodevelopmental problems that
often manifest in repetitious or obsessive behaviors and limited or
impaired verbal and social skills.
But it's one that didn't necessarily come naturally to David Adams, a
medical doctor with a family practice in Cleveland.
In the past, Adams had been quick to dismiss most alternative medicine
as "placebo effects," inwardly rolling his eyes and thinking, "OK, it's
not going to hurt," when patients brought them up.
"I prided myself on using evidence-based medicine," he said.
He still does, but he's become open to the possibility that some things
not in his medical texts carry the possibility of being effective. If
he weren't, it would severely limit Zeke's options.
More than 60 years after it was named, autism remains a mystery.
Scientists haven't found a definitive cause. Is it genetic? Is it
environmental? Are children born with autism, or does something
"trigger" it later?
Zeke was 2 years old when the Adamses noticed that, having had a
vocabulary of about 60 words and phrases, he had stopped talking. His
parents thought he might have a metabolic problem that was affecting
his development, or a hearing loss.
"Actually, when they mentioned autism and I started reading about it I
thought, 'Please, God, let him be deaf,'" David Adams said.
David Adams had seen only a couple of autistic children since he'd
begun practicing medicine. In the 1980s, an estimated one in 10,000
children might be diagnosed with autism. In the 1990s, it was about one
in 500.
But Jennifer Adams, an occupational therapist, had worked with
pediatric patients.
"I didn't want to hear the word 'autism,'" Jennifer Adams said. "The
children with autism they were my hardest clients."
The couple, who will have been married 11 years in December, have an
8-year-old son, Ramsey, and a 4-year-old son, Samuel. Zeke was
diagnosed autistic a week after Samuel was born.
David Adams ordered the most current medical textbook on autism and
read it through. And Jennifer Adams scoured other sources, looking for
techniques that weren't in the textbook.
In the first three years after Zeke was diagnosed, David Adams
estimated, the family spent $110,000 on Applied Behavior Analysis, a
treatment method developed in the 1980s by Dr. Ivar Lovass. Now
considered the standard - and the only treatment recognized as
effective by the medical establishment - ABA involves a team of
therapists spending hours at a time working one-on-one with an autistic
child. The therapy uses repetitious behavior-modification techniques to
encourage "good" behavior (such as appropriate communication, social
skills and display of emotion) and discourage "bad" behavior (such as
withdrawing, acting aggressive or pitching tantrums). It's based on the
theory that autism is treatable.
Zeke has had good response to the ABA. During the day, he attends a
school geared to autistic children, the Lee University Developmental
Inclusion Classroom. Students from Lee University also come to the
Adams home for two-hour one-on-one sessions with Zeke.
Part of that therapy takes place in the Adams' basement, which Jennifer
Adams converted to a "sensory integration" area for Zeke. In one corner
is an inflatable pool filled with plastic balls Zeke can roll around
in. In another is a large tub full of beans, which Zeke can sink his
hands in. A therapeutic swing designed to increase muscle tone hangs
from the ceiling, and the downstairs bathroom has been outfitted with
black lights.
All are designed to stimulate Zeke's senses, but his brothers reap the
benefits as well.
"In therapy, we include the other boys, to do social interaction,"
Jennifer Adams said, and other children come over to play. "All the
kids love our house."
Adams knew about sensory integration from her work in occupational
therapy. She learned about other therapies through reading and talking
to other families of autistic children.
"I have stopped rejecting people's ideas right out of hand because I
didn't know anything about it, because it wasn't 'medically
acceptable,'" David Adams said. "Typically, the attitude of us
physicians is, 'Well, that can't be anything good; that's just crazy.'"

But, with nudging from his wife, his mindset has changed over time.
"I don't want to be 70 years old and say, 'Gosh, I wish I'd tried
that,'" Adams said. "If it's reasonable, if it's rational, if it's not
going to hurt him, it's worth trying."
One of the first things the Adamses tried was changing Zeke's diet,
based on a theory that autistic children metabolize food differently,
or that some symptoms might be caused by food allergies. Jennifer Adams
removed milk from Zeke's diet - he gets calcium from other food sources
- and said his eye contact improved.
Now Zeke's diet is free of glutens - proteins found in some grains -
and caseins, proteins found in dairy products. Jennifer Adams said the
diet change seems to have made him calmer, more focused. In addition,
it eliminated the almost-constant diarrhea that plagues many autistic
children.
The Adamses have also tried a number of supplements - some that seemed
to make no difference, others that seemed to result in gains. Among
those were lime-flavored cod liver oil - which all three boys and
Jennifer Adams now take daily - as well as zinc, magnesium and vitamin
B-12 shots.
"That one, I was really questioning," David Adams said, "but he really
became sharper, more alert."
The Adamses said the use of some supplements and diet changes have
seemed to help Zeke more than anything except the ABA.
"Not a lot of the supplements made him worse," David Adams said. "A lot
didn't help."
Then again, David Adams said, "We in the medical profession are quite
cavalier about putting kids on medications that do have long-term side
effects. (The antipsychotic drug) Risperdal is associated with sudden
cardiac death and diabetes, and yet practically every pediatric
neurologist I've ever met uses it without a second thought."
David Adams hasn't used Risperdal with Zeke; he said the medication can
help control self-abuse in some autistic children, but Zeke hasn't had
that behavior problem. Zeke has taken two antidepressants and Ritalin,
which seemed to make his condition worse, the Adamses said.
The couple sometimes has different opinions on how helpful treatments
are. Jennifer Adams, for example, was pleased with the results of
"therapeutic listening," in which autistic children listen to modulated
musical tones (such as classical music) in order to force their brains
to reinterpret sounds in a different way. David Adams was "not
impressed" with therapeutic listening but doesn't object to Jennifer
using the technique with Zeke. Besides, both said, what does nothing
for one autistic child might benefit another.
"If we're divided (on a therapy), we don't do it," Jennifer Adams said.
"That takes too much energy away. We have to be a team with this stuff,
or we will crumble."
Among other therapies the Adamses have tried with Zeke are:
Infrared sauna. One theory is that autistic children aren't able to
properly excrete toxins from their bodies, or that some of the
autonomous functions of the nervous system are damaged. The infrared
light causes sweating, which may help get rid of toxins stored in fat
cells in the skin. The Adamses purchased an infrared sauna over the
Internet and set it up in the garage. "It feels good" to sit in it,
David Adams said; whether it helps Zeke, who didn't begin to sweat
until a month after using it, remains to be seem.
Hyperbaric oxygen tank. Similar to a "dive tank," it uses oxygen
delivered under high pressure to increase blood flow to certain parts
of the body, such as wounds. It may benefit autistic children by
increasing blood flow to certain parts of the brain. Zeke receives
outpatient treatments and also has a smaller tank in the house.
Like many parents of autistic children, David Adams believes childhood
immunizations Zeke received might have triggered the disorder.
Specifically, he blames thimerosal, an ethylmercury-containing
preservative that has been used in vaccines. Some symptoms of autism
overlap with symptoms of mercury poisoning.
David Adams believes autism - which he thinks is a catchall term for a
number of disorders doctors know little about - is an autoimmune
problem, and that his son might have been genetically predisposed to it
or might have had an immature immune system when he was vaccinated. The
amount of mercury in the shots his son received, he thinks, might have
triggered an immune-system reaction, causing Zeke's body to turn on
itself. Thimerosal has since been phased out of routine childhood
immunizations in the United States.
Despite his theory, David Adams is not against routine childhood
vaccination.
"The thing I'm really scared about is that we throw the baby out with
the bathwater, that we reject something that is a wonderful public
health service," he said.
"I think for most children, vaccines are a very good idea. I think for
certain children" - such as those with a family history of autoimmune
disorders - "they should be avoided or spaced out until later."
He and Jennifer say they will vaccinate Samuel, now 4, with vaccines
they're sure are mercury-free, but they will spread the shots out over
a period of time rather than getting multiple vaccinations in a single
doctor visit. David Adams said he thinks all U.S. childhood
immunizations will eventually be done that way, as they already are in
some other countries.
He doesn't finger thimerosal as the source of autism; he points out
that other countries where thimerosal is not used in vaccines still
have autism cases.
"They have lower rates (than the United States), but they still have
it," he said.
What David Adams wants is scientific studies that will produce
unarguable evidence of what causes autism and what works when treating
it.
"If it went wrong, there has to be some way to help it go right," he
said.
In the meantime, he and Jennifer Adams are thankful daily that they
have the resources to search out things that might help their son. Both
know families that struggle to find information, struggle to pay for
treatments, struggle to keep their marriage strong and their family
intact when raising an autistic child.
"We take one thing at a time," David Adams said. "If it helps,
continue. If it doesn't, mark it off the list and go on."

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/health_and_fitness/article/0,1406,KNS_310_4181512,00.html

roger gonnet

Oct 24, 2005, 12:49:40 PM10/24/05

When the usual methods of the crime cult (auditing) do not run okay, the crime
cult uses other ways: anti-auditing. Violation of all auditor's articles code.?
Pressures to obtain signatures on illegal documents? Theft, etc..

r>

pwalt...@yahoo.com

Oct 24, 2005, 11:47:38 PM10/24/05

Pwalt

Lisa Ruby

Oct 24, 2005, 11:57:37 PM10/24/05
roger wrote:

>When the usual methods of the crime cult (auditing) do not run okay, the crime
>cult uses other ways: anti-auditing.

Yes, Jesse Prince called auditing that causes psychosis reverse
auditing:

J: What I recall is Marty just trying to discredit her as already
being a crazy person in a meeting, I'll read that and then we'll come
back to that. The next one I have down here is [reading] "Reverse
auditing was done on Arthur Running Bear. He did become psychotic from
the auditing."

my comments: Reverse audting is when the (high-level) auditors put
"thetans" into the person (curse them so they will become mentally
unstable) rather than remove them:

Lisa Ruby
http://libertytothecaptives.net/scientology_nwo_operation.html

Lisa Ruby

Oct 25, 2005, 12:07:40 AM10/25/05
More testimony about reverse auditing:

1.I was reverse audited by auditor of the year Therese Blum (reverse
auditing is also known as "black dianetics", it is auditing being used
to attempt to cause harm to another)

http://www.holysmoke.org/mm/mm14.htm

reposting this quote to add link:

J: What I recall is Marty just trying to discredit her as already
being a crazy person in a meeting, I'll read that and then we'll come
back to that. The next one I have down here is [reading] "Reverse
auditing was done on Arthur Running Bear. He did become psychotic from
the auditing."

http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/jesse_tape3b.html

E) Some OT's have told me about reverse auditing. I do not know if this
would fall into that category, but my guess is yes. From what I have
heard, it is done to Screw people up, introvert them, and mess with
their minds. All of this occurred during this "session". Plus it was
"TOTALLY OUT TECH" which the others have said reverse auditing is.

The regular url www.torymagoo.org/nailedup.htm did not work for me.
Here is the cached page:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:8adYgXW6wjgJ:www.torymagoo.org/nailedup.htm+reverse+auditing+scientology&hl=en&client=firefox-a

Zinj

Oct 25, 2005, 12:26:07 AM10/25/05
Commis...@groupmail.com says...

> roger wrote:
>
> >When the usual methods of the crime cult (auditing) do not run okay, the crime
> >cult uses other ways: anti-auditing.
>
> Yes, Jesse Prince called auditing that causes psychosis reverse
> auditing:

Actually it was Hubbard who called it 'running reverse processes' for
punitive measures and as a weapon, but there is little evidence of such
'black scientology' having any effect except on people trained to take
scientology itself seriously.

Zinj
--
Villains! I say to you now! Knock off all that Evil!
- The Tick

Lisa Ruby

Oct 25, 2005, 12:35:01 AM10/25/05
Zinj wrote:

>Actually it was Hubbard who called it 'running reverse processes' for
>punitive measures and as a weapon, but there is little evidence of such
>'black scientology' having any effect except on people trained to take
>scientology itself seriously.

Sorry, but that is not the case. They curse people That is the typical
punishment for members of occult (secret, hidden dogma) organizations,
not just Scientology.

Those who have left Scientology and lament the fact that they just
cannot regain their equilibrium and get on with life need to know there
is a spiritual (as well as emotional) reason for this and that they do
not have to live like this for the rest of their lives.

You do not have to believe that demons are real to be harmed by them.
Faith has nothing to do with being the recipient of curses but it has
everything to do with having the authority to break (cancel) them.

Lisa Ruby
http://www.libertytothecaptives.net