Scientology: The Wallet, The FMS and the Registrar

formerlyfooled

Nov 2, 2006, 1:21:39 AM11/2/06
I read a post here concerning recentcon artist type of 'hard sell
regging' and the overwhelming debt Scientologists are finding
themselves into and I was surprised. It's not that I hard a hard time
envisioning such a situation, but that these kinds of tactics were
still going on!

How many years does it take before it's clearly evident to a
Scientologist that there was never a concerted effort to correct this
insanity? This practice has been going on since before and after Int
Management came on the scene to supposedly correct the injustices and
squirrelling of Hubbard's adminstrative policy.

How is it that members are pushed so hard into second guessing their
better judgement & going into the very degree of debt one mever ever
planned on getting into? And why hasn't this coersion situation not
been corrected? How is it that one has to fight or succumb everytime
there is something to be sold by the church. There is no other equally
sized organization in the world that practices this kind of
intimidation. There is something so wrong with this whole picture.

Now, it's bad enough when members of Scientology are hard pressured to
go into severe debt to 'help' clear the planet, but it doesn't stop at
the people who give and then go back out to bust their butt, like a
machine even, to try and keep up with the increased debt payments.

Whether you can actually afford the services the Church of Scientology
registrars and Flag FSMs push is apparently of no concern to them and
obviously something normal scientologists find difficult to take.
However, the fraud that Scientology perpetrated against Raul Lopez, a
mentally incapacitated traumatic brain injury (TBI) survivor was
clearly,just 'more of the same and then some'.
Read this court document. This is just the tip of the iceburg on how
far many registrars, FSMs will go when that old 'purpose is senior to
policy' butto is pushed.
Scientology Swindles Raul Lopez-- And The World
http://www.raullopez.org/

You can call it whatever you want, but where i come from it's called
complicit fraud.

It's been going on for many years now and it's obviously not going to
stop. That's pathetic.
"Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather
expose them." Ephesians 5:11

formerlyFooled

Help for Scientologists
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologyhelp/main.html

zeeorger

Nov 2, 2006, 3:22:20 AM11/2/06

I don't mean to be cold harted, but every once in a while
scientology's "hard sell" abuse is used without first putting
you and others into a proper "winning" trance like state ...

I forget the exact LRH quote, but to paraphrase it, it went
something like "keep the PC winning ..." LRH understood
that to keep the con game going it was important to keep
the PC (the mark) in a semi-perpetual state of confusion.

Once that is acomplished, you can then use various means
of internal persuasion (ethics, justice, RPF, declares) and
external persuasion (GO/OSA) to keep the whole operation
from being exposed/discovered.

Since the begining LRH tried to put off discovery of the
following truths:

- The tech does not work.
- People find out it does not work.
- People tell other people what they found out.
- People know it is a scam/fraud.

It is the reverse of the "simple story of scientology" ...

The thing to keep in mind is that over 99% of those
who have tried scientology are no longer supporting
scientology. Over 10 Million have tried, but less than
100,000 scientologists remain as active happy clams.

dharm...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2006, 5:13:13 AM11/2/06
zeeorger wrote:

> I don't mean to be cold harted, but every once in a while
> scientology's "hard sell" abuse is used without first putting
> you and others into a proper "winning" trance like state ...
>
> I forget the exact LRH quote, but to paraphrase it, it went
> something like "keep the PC winning ..." LRH understood
> that to keep the con game going it was important to keep
> the PC (the mark) in a semi-perpetual state of confusion.
>
> Once that is acomplished, you can then use various means
> of internal persuasion (ethics, justice, RPF, declares) and
> external persuasion (GO/OSA) to keep the whole operation
> from being exposed/discovered.
>
> Since the begining LRH tried to put off discovery of the
> following truths:
>
> - The tech does not work.
> - People find out it does not work.
> - People tell other people what they found out.
> - People know it is a scam/fraud.
>
> It is the reverse of the "simple story of scientology" ...
>
> The thing to keep in mind is that over 99% of those
> who have tried scientology are no longer supporting
> scientology. Over 10 Million have tried, but less than
> 100,000 scientologists remain as active happy clams.

Hey Z!

I can understand the basic idea behind the scam, but what I don't get
is how Co$ can convince the "PC" that he's "winning"??? What he hell
IS a "win", anyway? What are they winning? (Other than a one way trip
to the poor-house by way of a grotty little place called: The Crazy
Ramblings of "Mo Ron" Hubbard.)

(I apologize, but I've never been a member of Co$, and never want to
be, so I'm not completely familiar with all the terms as Co$ uses them.)

Eldon

Nov 2, 2006, 5:28:58 AM11/2/06

The "winning" aspect of Scientology or any cult is to use some form of
valid trance-inducing "therapy" at the beginning, unethically laced
with a sales pitch and guilt trip. The whole experience is designed to
put people into an "enlightened" temporary state of euphoria. It's a
feel-good state and also one in which people are easily indoctrinated.
This little online video satire depicts the process quite well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNSe5XYp6E

John

Nov 2, 2006, 5:45:33 PM11/2/06

<dharm...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> zeeorger wrote:

snip

> Hey Z!
>
> I can understand the basic idea behind the scam, but what I don't get
> is how Co$ can convince the "PC" that he's "winning"??? What he hell
> IS a "win", anyway? What are they winning? (Other than a one way trip
> to the poor-house by way of a grotty little place called: The Crazy
> Ramblings of "Mo Ron" Hubbard.)

The "wins" generally boil down to being processed into a state of euphoria,
feeling great for a day or two, then coming down and needing to start again.
Then are also officially published wins. These are the 'tales of the OTs'
which tend to be just kinda sad.

For most members, the regular win they get is "I feel good". This feeling is
always ephemeral, and requires topping up with more processing.

Zinj

Nov 2, 2006, 6:12:47 PM11/2/06
In article <eidsee$fe$1...@news-01.bur.connect.com.au>,
jo...@junk.com says...

A 'Win' is supposed to be a 'realization or recovered ability'
(according to Scientology we all already have all abilities,
which are being 'suppressed'; so, speaking swahili a'la
glossolalia *already* exists, but is being suppressed. It could
also be the ability to repair the transmission on a '37 Desoto.
'Learning" is a waste of time, because you already *have* all
these abilities, but, they're being 'suppressed'.)

Every Scientology course or process requires a 'Win' and 'VGI'
or, Very Good Indicators, meaning the chump says he's *happy*
with the 'process/course/'treatment'.

If he *doesn't* have a win or 'VGI' the process must *continue*
until he does. At his own cost.

It's a rare clam who's unwilling to admit to or manufacture a
'cog' or 'recovered ability' when faced with the prospect of
Scientology ad infinitum. And, since the 'Tech' is always
effective, *eventually* he'll find one.

Kind of like a dentist who charges $120/hr and guarantees
'success', then proceeds to drill holes willy-nilly until the
'patient' admits to feeling better.

The rare clam who actually *demands* a return on his investment
and denies having had a 'cog' or a 'recovered ability' out of
some misguided stubborness, and, despite the cash hemhorage will
eventually be discovered to be a 'No Case Gain' suppressive and
tossed out. Since, after all, the 'Tech' always works, so, it
must have been his fault.

Naturally, there's a lot of pressure to come up with a 'Win',
so, everybody does, although, many ex-Scientologists are willing
to admit to 'faking wins' just to make the pressure stop and
stop the running 'meter'.

And, human nature being what it is; most people who 'fake wins'
actually and eventually come to believe their own faked wins.

It's easier than admitting that you faked it.

And, naturally, the 'Church' pounces on those willing to admit
to having 'faked wins' with a glorious Hubbardian 'Aha!'

Because, that's why Scientology didn't 'work' for them.

Scientology *always* works :)

Polly *must* have a cracker, but, Polly must bake it herself.

Zinj
--
You Can Lead a Clam to Reason; but You Can't Make Him Think

formerlyfooled

Nov 13, 2006, 7:28:55 PM11/13/06

Zinj wrote:
> In article <eidsee$fe$1...@news-01.bur.connect.com.au>,
> john @ junk .com says...
> >
> > dharmasatya @ gmail.com wrote in message
> You Can Lead a Clam to Reason; but You Can't Make Him Think < < <

Allyour replies above are excellent. They got me thinking & looking
back t the below posts on a.r.s. When I was a clam, it me sick to see
how scientologists have been hammered by the remote reg system and
upper org FMS' s. Rampant greed on Div 2 lines

Zinj posted about the amount of money the FSM's were making and Deo
Morto posted about the Remote reg cycles ( which were off policy
because these people were not 'staff' signed per church pl and they
were creating financial irregularities.

I was a rarity. A raw public Div 6 FMS who brought in many, many new
people. I lost a good amount of these 'selectees' along the way, when
they's get into the hands of people working in the upper org as an FSM
or Remote Reg like Deo Morto mentions below. It was a blessing in
disguise for me to not get caught up in all that. I never 'sold'
scientology or dianetics. I 'helped' others get what I thought was the
best 'solution' to their problems tht they could afford; who'd come to
me for help, usually after they bought a book from me.

I disliked so much of that reg system, especially because I'd been in
HCO and knew these were not properly signed up staff members getting
paid more than the staff!!

I disliked FSM's who did not care about the person in front of them.
There were way too many to complain about it, so I just did what I knew
was right. Like a solder, I believed in the commodore, no questions
asked. Never thought it would last up to 2005.
Anyone know what's happening now?

"FSM Program Seriously Crushed?"
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/040448116fa102ce?hl=en&
9 From: roger gonnet - view profile
Date: Sun, Mar 13 2005 12:27 pm
"Take a look at the money done by these top FSMs: "
http://www.xenufrance.net/scientology-fsms-profits-q3a-c-i.pdf

18 From: Deo Morto - view profile
Date: Mon, Mar 14 2005 10:47 am
Magoo wrote:
" Recently a Scientologist and I had dinner. He told me that the Top
FSM's are no longer FSMing. This was a huge shock to me, as they used
to bring in TONS of $$$ for C of S. Does anyone else know of this? He
told me people like Barry Klein, Tony Falcarro, Pat Mooney, The
Serrocco's are all no longer FSMing. These people used to do this as a
full time job! (Day AND night)."

I am not sure that this is what it appears to be. Klein, Pirak and
others made their money, for the most part, from reg Commissions (not
FSM Commissions) they were basically being paid as commission salesmen.

This area has been ripe for abuse for a long long time and,
peridocially, someone gets their panties in a bunch about it.

The way it worked is that, for example, the FSCs would have a big but
tough reg cycle (flag was ther most affected by this because it has the
biggest dollar amount packages) - a public who needs some sales work
and probably some financial assistance, however the public already has
an FSM, someone who has 'selected" the prospect. Now it may be that
theFSM is no sales person, they are quite content to wait until the
prospect gets some money a few months down the road. But the regges
(and the FSO) want the money now. If Klein or some other 'fsm' helps
them reg the guy qand get the money IN then that is great - the problem
is, of course, that Klein canot get the FSM Commission. Plus the fact
that the FSMC would not be paid out until the prospect started he
service which for Flag reg cycles could be a year or more away.......
deo ( read the rest which is excellent)
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/b2efcb415831fff0
tiny url: http://tinyurl.com/yau8m9

Formerly Fooled