Scientology Death Ritual

Lisa Ruby

Jun 5, 2005, 3:31:38 AM6/5/05
According to a poster on Free Conservatives called RuffhouseFarm,
"The Scientologists have a spiritual ritual of sorts they use when a
person "passes."

Is this true? If so, would someone who was in Scientology long enough
to find out about this describe the ritual?

Lisa Ruby
http://www.libertytothecaptives.net

Larry T.

Jun 5, 2005, 9:08:17 AM6/5/05
"Lisa Ruby" <Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote in message
Lisa:

I believe the "ritual" to which you refer is contained in the big purlple
book which also contains the "wedding ritual".

I believe the name of the book is just called "The Church of Scientology"
but someone else may know better than me. I never used it much because it
contains all the "sermons" that the minister's of the church use. It is a
large thin book and it is purple.

I think it is called the "Ceremonies of the Church of Scientology".

--
http://mysite.verizon.net/respu7h5/
© 2005 Lawrence Toomajan

Phil Scott

Jun 5, 2005, 12:36:34 PM6/5/05

"Lisa Ruby" <Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote in message
> According to a poster on Free Conservatives called
RuffhouseFarm,
> "The Scientologists have a spiritual ritual of sorts they
use when a
> person "passes."

So far as we can tell to date the ritual involves running
up the tab on their credit card. Then stalk the survivors.

> Is this true? If so, would someone who was in Scientology
long enough
> to find out about this describe the ritual?

For details search google or www.xenu.net for the death of
Susan Meister and how her father a medical doctor, was stalked
and harrassed to his death for asking about how she died and
about that teeny bullet hole between her eyes.

Phil Scott

> Lisa Ruby
> http://www.libertytothecaptives.net

mail .com

Jun 5, 2005, 1:15:39 PM6/5/05
On 5 Jun 2005 00:31:38 -0700, "Lisa Ruby"
<Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote:

> According to a poster on Free Conservatives called RuffhouseFarm,
> "The Scientologists have a spiritual ritual of sorts they use when a
> person "passes."
>
> Is this true?

Yes.

> If so, would someone who was in Scientology long enough
> to find out about this describe the ritual?

It is very simple. The dead person's check book is found and
checks are written, signed with the signature of the dead person,
and cached until the checking account is empty. For an example of
the Scientology Death Ritual in action, see
http://lisamcpherson.org

---
http://lastliberal.org / I support privatization of religion.
Free random & sequential signature changer http://holysmoke.org/sig

"I like Tom Cruise now. His insanity has come to the fore. He had no
personality before. Now, he's like a member of your family.... if
your family had a crazy uncle who was liable to take a dump on the
Thanksgiving turkey."

Ball of Fluff

Jun 5, 2005, 1:48:37 PM6/5/05

"Lisa Ruby" <Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote in message
> According to a poster on Free Conservatives called RuffhouseFarm,
> "The Scientologists have a spiritual ritual of sorts they use when a
> person "passes."

Yes. It's a type of service. It is not required.

> Is this true? If so, would someone who was in Scientology long enough
> to find out about this describe the ritual?

I have the CofS Background and Ceremonies book here.

Has

Procedure for conducting a funeral

Founding CofS Funeral svce-By L Ron Hubbard

Funeral Oration of Homo Sapiens- by Tom Esterbrook

Procedure for Conducting a Funeral.

The funeral stuff is pretty vanilla. Pretty much like any other one. Bring
the casket, here, do this and that, etc.

Here's Hubbard's Funeral Service which would be the "ritual" of which you
speak.

Ok here goes:

Our loss
Is gain in other times.
Our hopes on furture bent
Must then depend on incidents like these
For bodies wear
And in
The fine grist mill of time
Are spent in service such
As yours
And go, our time by smallest time
into the yesterday, wherein began
The conquest of Eternity.
What did we know
When yesterday we wept?
What grip upon us had our ignorance
That we in our conceit did feel
That all of us were mortal here
And lives once led were spent
And wasted on our selfish selves.
How narrow is such scope
To feel that we
Should be eternally
The goal of all the toil
And wretchedness
From birth to death
And like a play
The curtain dropped
And left an empty stage.
How dull of us to feel that we
Were all the target of this strife
And that we lived but once
And living then did reconcile
The whole in one brief life.
Oh no, a wider drama here
Was planned and staged
And we with narrowness of mind
Did overlook the plan.
We said that all is
Mortal flesh
The spirit just a thing
To send, for pence
To some strange heaven
There to wast its skill
Or had we not the price
To some deep other place
To pain, and waste again
The life.
to what dark depths
Were dropped our minds
To feel that flesh
Is capable of love or trust or
Livingness.
To feel that fingernails and masks
Are all we need to dream.
To what deep place
Did our love go
That mass could recompense?
Anxieties that ruled our years
Were nurtured here
And we
Made blind and dumb
By other greed
Spanned down our lives
To One.
What waste!
To feel that all our love
Our work,
Our gifts,
Our knowledge and our
Sighs
Were meant
To be ocnsumed
All in one
Breath and flash
And by one name?
Today, come wiser now
The chains gone weak
the tyrally of cult
Gone tired with the years
We look
We find we ~live~
Not once
But on and on
From body's birth to
Body's grave and then
To birth again
And yea to grave again
So to dispose possessions
Oft come undone
With liviness.
From century to century
From age to age and on
We go in match along
The path that leads
Forever up the countless
Tick of time.
We carwl, we walk, we fly
We win
From here and evermore
The heritgage of all our lives
And spend it once again.
Why this is no sad and
Bleakish look
No sorrowed thing
This life.
This is an adventure pure
Where without knife or
Provender we leap
Aloft into eternity
And span forever in a breath.
This is adventure where
We step from tie to
Body tie
And go
Our way.
Our suff'ring is
Self centred here
For we have lost
In truth
The smile,
The touch,
The skill and happiness
We gained
From (Deceased)
Who gave to us
From his/her past
Ability to live
And fare against
The tides and storms of fate
It's true we've lost
His/her shoulder
Up against the wheel
And lost as well his/her counsel
And his/her strength
But lost them
Only for a while.
He/she goes
Not with the dismal roll drum
But with a whisper like
A Faery's sigh
To smooth the way
For when we come.
He'll/she'll be in some good
Future time
and future place
His/her smile
His/her touch
His/her skill
Invested there to make
A way of life.
True, true we may not
Know him/her then and
Only know his/her work
But still
If we sent no tahead
Our vedettes into time
We would not have
A race.
And so, branched off from
This Genetic Line
And into some new
Corner or new world
We've sent you, (Deceased)
And there there'll be
We know it now,
A smile,
A touch,
A happiness for us
And you
You could not find
On earth
And so it turns
The day, the year,
The age.
And so we go
With fanners furled
And quietly
Upon our way.
But now we know
And now we'll find
The Way.
Into the dark
Has come the Light
Into tomorrow
Enteres night
Into heaven
Go no more
Into life our
Spirits sour
Conquering ever
Wisdom's store
We do not tremble
Faced with death
We know that living
Is no breath.
Prevail!
Go, (deceased)
And take
The life
That offers now
And live
In good expectancy
That we
Will do our part.
Go, (deceased)
You can control
That which you must.
our loss
is gain
In wisdom and in skill
To future dates and other smiles
And so we send into the
Chain of all enduring time
Our heritage
Our hope
Our friend.
Goodbye, (deceased)
Your people thank you for having lived
Earth is Better ofr your having lived
Men, women and children are alive today
Because you lived.
We thank you for coming to us.
We do not contest your
Right to go away.
Your debts are paid.
This chapter of the life is shut
Go now, dear (deceased) and live once
more
In happier time and place.
Thank you, (Deceased)
And now here lift up
Your eyes and say to
Him/her
Goodbye.
(Congregation): Goodbye.
Goodbye, our dear
Goodbye.
We'll miss you, you know.
Let the body now
Draw away
To be consumed to ashes
And to dust
In earthly and in cleanly fire
To be no more, no more.
And that is done.
Come friends,
He/she is all right
And he/she is gone.
We have our work
To do. And he/she has his/hers.
He/she will be welcome there.
To Man!

Ball of Fluff

Jun 5, 2005, 2:00:54 PM6/5/05

"Ball of Fluff" <getof...@fluffentology.com> wrote in message

Snippage- typos are mine. Sorry. There're a couple in there.

Larry T.

Jun 5, 2005, 2:56:18 PM6/5/05
"Ball of Fluff" <getof...@fluffentology.com> wrote in message

> "Lisa Ruby" <Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote in message
>> According to a poster on Free Conservatives called RuffhouseFarm,
>> "The Scientologists have a spiritual ritual of sorts they use when a
>> person "passes."
>
> Yes. It's a type of service. It is not required.
>

>> Is this true? If so, would someone who was in Scientology long enough
>> to find out about this describe the ritual?
>
> I have the CofS Background and Ceremonies book here.

Claire:

Yes, that is the book I was referring to, The Background and
Ceremonies of the Founding Church of Scientology?

(SNIP)

ida...@aol.com

Jun 5, 2005, 3:00:52 PM6/5/05
Phil -When my friend went to Roxanne Friend's funeral at the Jewish
cemetary in Culver City, she almost barfed when Rinder put the spade of
dirt in her grave. It was his outfit that conned her into treating her
cancer the LRH way. IF she had received proper medical care she may
have been here today.
Another sad sad story of the true believer following the dangerous path
of LRon Hubbard.
It is a sorry shame that religious license gives them a right to
practice medicine. Roxanne also had the Purification Rundown and those
over-dosages of vitamins.
i talked to her several times in the months before she died. I also
talked with her
father and he was crushed over his loss.

This reminds me of the two women my son brought to "shut me up" back in
l977.
Both are listed in www.whyaretheydead.net. Both women in early forties
and
members of the old Guardian Office. Another case of sad but true

Ida J. Camburn

"You must have crossed the river to tell the crocodile he has bad
breath"
Chinese proverb

Magoo

Jun 5, 2005, 3:12:54 PM6/5/05

"Lisa Ruby" <Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote in message
> According to a poster on Free Conservatives called RuffhouseFarm,
> "The Scientologists have a spiritual ritual of sorts they use when a
> person "passes."
>

> Is this true? If so, would someone who was in Scientology long enough
> to find out about this describe the ritual?

In all seriousness (Remember: "Seriousness == Mass", from Hubbard :))((
which is why Tommy is always laughing)...

I knew of no actual ritual. I witnessed many people dying, some from actual
deaths, some who took their own lives, and none that I knew of had any
spiritual ritual, per say.

Scientologists believe in reincarnation...so they believe that the spirit
lives on, comes back, and once again 'picks up a body'.

I was at a funeral where a father had lost his daughter in an accident. At
CC they had the funeral, and he got up and gave a sales pitch of sorts,
telling all the wonderful things about his daughter and how she'd make
~someone~ a wonderful child.
It was truly sad. Also as part of the Scientology funeral ceremony , the
people all wish the person well in their new journey, and they all say,
"Fair Well, or Good Bye".

One of my best friends died of Cancer and she "wrote up her full "hats" in
life....how she wrote, taught, did her photography, parenthood, etc. Perhaps
that is what they mean? Hubbard said one should "write up your full hat"
(actions you did re your job or jobs) and that would make "Passing" easier.

She not only wrote up all of her hats, she supposedly found her new Mother
to be, sent her all her "hats" and all the toys she wanted as a child, what
she liked to eat, etc. She even wrote her own funeral.
She literally thought of everything, and it made her passing quite a bit
easier, we all felt.

Where she is now? Who knows. May she rest in peace, where ever she is.

Hope that helps some......

Tory/Magoo~~

> Lisa Ruby
> http://www.libertytothecaptives.net

Magoo

Jun 5, 2005, 3:14:38 PM6/5/05
Thanks, Claire...

That's it!

Tory/Magoo~~

Phil Scott

Jun 5, 2005, 3:41:15 PM6/5/05

<ida...@aol.com> wrote in message

Which brings to mine the phatso's credo for
scientologists.. 'we come back'..... apparently not the
case.... one a scn escapes they NEVER come back....the scn's
have been dropping dead like clock work except for the brain
cancer, that is accelerated... but raw meat is scarce in the
orgs.

On the other hand...you and I....we never left. we are
still here...cookin' with gas. Fryin' eggs...happy...eating
snickerdoodles...talking to our frienz on the internet.

Phil Scott

mail .com

Jun 5, 2005, 10:19:46 PM6/5/05
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 10:48:37 -0700, "Ball of Fluff"
<getof...@fluffentology.com> wrote:

> I have the CofS Background and Ceremonies book here.
>
> Has
> Procedure for conducting a funeral
> Founding CofS Funeral svce-By L Ron Hubbard

Created by Hubbard and the Guardian's Office specifically for the
Internal Revenue Service.

Lisa Ruby

Jun 5, 2005, 10:28:58 PM6/5/05
Larry wrote:

>I think it is called the "Ceremonies of the Church of >Scientology."

Thanks.

Lisa Ruby

Jun 5, 2005, 10:33:02 PM6/5/05
Phil wrote:

>For details search google or www.xenu.net for the death of
>Susan Meister and how her father a medical doctor, was >stalked and harrassed to his death for asking about how
>she died and about that teeny bullet hole between her eyes.

I did not know about Susan Meister in particular. I will read about
what happened to her and her father. This is horrifying.

Lisa Ruby

Jun 5, 2005, 10:35:08 PM6/5/05
David wrote:

>The dead person's check book is found and
>checks are written, signed with the signature of the
>dead person, and cached until the checking account is empty.

I know they did this after they killed Lisa McPherson but I
was not aware that this is standard Scientology procedure.

Ball of Fluff

Jun 5, 2005, 10:35:59 PM6/5/05

> Larry wrote:
>
>>I think it is called the "Ceremonies of the Church of >Scientology."
>
> Thanks.

Yes, I have the book, and I typed the entire "ritual" out for you.

Lisa Ruby

Jun 5, 2005, 10:37:35 PM6/5/05
Ball of Fluff,

Thank you for pasting the funeral service. This is really interesting.

Larry T.

Jun 5, 2005, 10:43:21 PM6/5/05
"Ball of Fluff" <getof...@fluffentology.com> wrote in message
Lisa:

Thanks to Ball of Fluff it re occurred to me the title of this book.

It is actually called:

"The Background and Ceremonies of the Founding Church of Scientology". It is
a large thin book and is purple in color.

Ball of Fluff must have done her Mnister's course or something because you
could never get me to stand up in front of people and recite the "rituals"
in that book, even if you held a gun to my head.

Lisa Ruby

Jun 5, 2005, 10:56:05 PM6/5/05
Tory wrote:

>I was at a funeral where a father had lost his daughter
>in an accident. At CC they had the funeral, and he got
>up and gave a sales pitch of sorts, telling all the
>wonderful things about his daughter and how she'd
>make ~someone~ a wonderful child.
>It was truly sad.

I knew about the Scientology belief
about the spirit picking up another body and
living in it, but the father's perspective never
crossed my mind before. He really believed
that someone else would be raising his daugher
someday.

You wrote of your close friend who died of cancer:

>She not only wrote up all of her hats, she
>supposedly found her new Mother to be, sent her
>all her "hats" and all the toys she wanted as a
>child, what she liked to eat, etc.

This surprises me but it shouldn't because I know that what people
really believe they will do. I think Scientology is about faith to some
degree because this is an example of it. She believed she would be born
to that woman and she was making preparations for it. Thank you for
sharing.

Phil Scott

Jun 5, 2005, 11:24:34 PM6/5/05

"Lisa Ruby" <Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote in message

She was seen entering Hubbards cabin minutes before...then
just a few minutes later was found on her bunk arms folded
over her chest with the bullet hole between her eyes and the
pistol by her side.

It was called a suicide...so her father wanted to check for
powder burns since he had gotten nothing but excited letters
from her about being on the boat (she was new to scn)...
there were no powder burns. this apparently caused her father
to begin investigating. Which did not go over with the cult
real well especially since she was last seen alive entering
phatso's cabin.

A gun shot leaves powder burns if the muzzle is close to the
entry point...in this case to avoid powder burns Susan would
have had to have 8' long arms.

Phil Scott

Phil Scott

Jun 5, 2005, 11:26:38 PM6/5/05

"Lisa Ruby" <Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote in message

The cult has its 'fair exchange' policy...so that strapping
lisa to a bed and jamming turnkey basters full of drugs down
her throat was a 'service' for which fair exchange was
required...she had died of course but still 'owed' the money.

amazin' ain't it?

Phil Scott

Lisa Ruby

Jun 5, 2005, 11:48:24 PM6/5/05
Phil wrote:

>amazin' ain't it?

It sure is amazing they got away with it.

I think it is rather telling that state attorney Bernie McCabe chose
Scientology high days to indict the Cos and to drop the charges against
them.

Bernie chose to indict Scientology on Friday the 13th, a "lucky" day
for those in the occult. See: Felony Indictment November 13, 1998
http://www.lisafiles.com/police/4621.html

Satan's followers believe that if events are scheduled on
satanically-marked days-especially a high satanic day like Friday the
13th-the outcome will be to their advantage. High-level
Scientologists knew that since an indictment was inevitable, it was
best that it be done on a day in which vibrations (demons) would be
compelled to perform in favor of the Scientology organization.

(See: Occult/Scientology Dates in the Terri Schiavo
Case)http://www.libertytothecaptives.net/occultdatesinterriscase.html

Not long after the beleaguered Dr. Joan Wood changed her report
regarding the cause of Lisa McPherson's death from "undetermined" to
"accidental," Bernie McCabe dropped the charges. Bernie chose to free
Scientology from all charges on June 12, 2000, a Scientology holiday
(highday):

June 12: National Founding Day Scotland, to celebrate the founding of
the Hubbard Academy of Personal Independence in Edinburgh, Scotland in
1968. (The Holidays of Scientology)

excerpt from:
http://libertytothecaptives.net/scientology_and_terri_schindler_schiavo_death_connection.html

Spacetraveler

Jun 6, 2005, 5:28:34 AM6/6/05

"Lisa Ruby" <Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote in message

> According to a poster on Free Conservatives called RuffhouseFarm,
> "The Scientologists have a spiritual ritual of sorts they use when a
> person "passes."
>

> Is this true? If so, would someone who was in Scientology long enough
> to find out about this describe the ritual?

Funny, you don't know anything at all about Scientology, and still you claim
to know a lot about it. Like it being a forerunner of some sort for the NWO,
which is absurd in regards to LRH his original writings as he in fact
exposes such.

Just pick up the book: "Ceremonies of the Church of Scientology" will give
you your answers. By the way, any Church has certain proceedings when
someone has died. Are they also in the NWO...

Wake Up Lisa.... you are on planet Earth...

Spacetraveler

Zinj

Jun 6, 2005, 7:03:06 AM6/6/05
In article <6HUoe.139607$dP1.4...@newsc.telia.net>, spacetraveler2000
@hotmail.com says...

<snip>

> Wake Up Lisa.... you are on planet Earth...
>
> Spacetraveler

The irony is breathtaking.

Zinj
--
'Think For Yourself!' says Scientology; and then adds: 'Don't forget to
pick up your copy of 'What I Think' from the table by the door, before

mail .com

Jun 6, 2005, 12:21:22 PM6/6/05
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 20:24:34 -0700, "Phil Scott"
<phil...@philscott.net> wrote:

> "Lisa Ruby" <Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote in message

> > Phil wrote:
> >
> > >For details search google or www.xenu.net for the death of
> > >Susan Meister and how her father a medical doctor, was
> >stalked and harrassed to his death for asking about how
> > >she died and about that teeny bullet hole between her eyes.

> > I did not know about Susan Meister in particular. I will read about
> > what happened to her and her father. This is horrifying.

> She was seen entering Hubbards cabin minutes before...then
> just a few minutes later was found on her bunk arms folded
> over her chest with the bullet hole between her eyes and the
> pistol by her side.

She was actually laying on someone else's bunk. When she was shot,
the posessions of the person who occupied the room were removed
and her posessions were brought in.

> It was called a suicide...so her father wanted to check for
> powder burns since he had gotten nothing but excited letters
> from her about being on the boat (she was new to scn)...
> there were no powder burns. this apparently caused her father
> to begin investigating. Which did not go over with the cult
> real well especially since she was last seen alive entering
> phatso's cabin.
>
> A gun shot leaves powder burns if the muzzle is close to the
> entry point...in this case to avoid powder burns Susan would
> have had to have 8' long arms.

A check of her hands for GSR would have shown if she fired the
weapon or not, but I suppose no one thought to demand the body
from her Scientology "friends" until her "friends" destroyed the
body. If I recall correctly, Scientology Inc. had the body
cremated against the wishes of the victim's family.

> Phil Scott

Phil Scott

Jun 6, 2005, 12:34:27 PM6/6/05

<desertphile@hot mail .com (David Rice, Esq.)> wrote in
message news:42a4...@news2.lightlink.com...

according to posts to ARS in the early 90's the body was
declared to be cholora contaminated and buried wrapped in
burlap in an unmarked paupers grave by the Spanish
authorities....sorry I did not log those reports.

Her father eventually suceeded in getting the body back and
shipped to the US...Im fairly sure you can verify that by
searching the archives and court records.

Your remark that she was found on someone elses bunk and her
posessions moved in had not been reported... where did you get
that?

Phil Scott

Phil Scott

Jun 6, 2005, 12:52:10 PM6/6/05

http://alley.ethercat.com/wackycultnews/susanmeister.txt

http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/CoS/APieceOfBlueSky/bs4-4.htm

From: ptsc <pt...@my-deja.com>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: The Death of Susan Meister
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:40:59 -0500

From:
A PIECE Scientology, Dianetics
OF BLUE SKY and L. Ron Hubbard Exposed

A LYLE STUART BOOK
by Jon Atack Published by Carol Publishing Group

The Death of Susan Meister

Susan Meister was introduced to Scientology in San Francisco
in the autumn of 1970. By November, she was working at the San
Francisco Org. She was an eager convert, and tried to persuade
her parents to become Scientologists. She wanted to be close
to the "Founder," and contribute to "Clearing the Planet," so
in February 1971 she joined the Sea Org. By the end of the
month
she was aboard the "Flagship" Apollo. Her stay there was brief
and tragic. On May 8, she wrote to her mother:

Mother,
Do you recall talking to me about WW Ill--and where it would
start if it were to start--father and most everyone else
maintained
that it would start in either China or Russia vs. U.S. and you
said--oh no-~it would originate in Germany--that the Nazis
hadn't
given up yet--? Well babe, you were right--there is a new Nazi
resurgence taking place in Germany--so now it's a race between
the good guys in the white hats (Scientologists) [sic] and the
Leipzig death camp (Nazis) [sicl the bad guys in the black
hats--we'll
win of course--but the game is exciting. Truth is stranger
than
fiction. As Alice [in Wonderland] says "Things get curiouser
and curiouser!" Get into Scientology now. lt's fantastic.
Love, Susan

Four days later, Susan Meister wrote this letter:

197

http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/CoS/APieceOfBlueSky/images/meister.gif

198 THE SEA ORGANIZATION 1966-1976

Her last letter to her parents from the Apollo was dated June
1971. In it she thanked them for a birthday card, and a
variety
of gifts, including a new dress. She continued, showing the
effect upon a young and impressionable mind Hubbard's
obsession
with the "great conspiracy" against him:

I can't tell you exactly where we are. We have enemies who are
profiring from peoples' ignorance and lack of self-determinism
and do not wish to see us succeed in restoring freedom and
self-
determinism to this planet's people. If these people were to
find
out where we are located--they would attempt to destroy us.
Therefore, we are not allowed to say where this ship is
located.

She once more urged her mother to read Hubbard's books, and
take
Scientology courses. Ten days after writing the letter, Susan
was dead. George Meister, Susan's father, was away from his
Colorado home on a business trip when Guardian's Office Public
Relations man Artie Maren phoned. George Meister met Maren the
next day, and was presented with an unsigned "fact sheet"
giving
the Scientologists' account of events as a series of numbered
statements.
Meister told Aflie March that he wanted the body to be flown
back to the U.S. for burial. Meister received a letter from
Bob Thomas at the Church of Scientology in Los Angeles
explaining
that the "Panamanian" owners of the Apollo were not obliged
to give information to the Church of Scientology. However,/he
Apollo's captain, Norman Starkey, had offered to pay for a
Christian
burial in Morocco, but

The Death of Susan Meister 199

regretted that they would not pay for the body to be returned
to the United States.
George Meister, dazed by the news, decided to go to Morocco
to try and verify the circumstances of his daughter's death.
He was told he would be able to see the body in the morgue in
Safi. He left for Morocco on July 14.
Meister was met at the airport in Casablanca by Sea Org member
Peter Warren, who escorted him to the Marhaba Hotel. Meister
met the U.S. vice-consul, Jack Galbraith, and explained the
purpose of his mission.
During this meeting with Gaibraith, Warren phoned to say he
would drive Meister the 120 miles to Sail. Warren said the
Apollo
was already past its scheduled departure date, but would wait
a little longer, because of Meister's presence.
Meister arranged to leave the following morning at 6:00 a.m.,
accompanied by Galbraith, Warren and a Sea Org girl called
Joni.
Their first stop in Sail was the police station. Meister says
the police official he spoke to genuinely tried to help. He
showed Meister a photograph taken aboard the Apollo, showing
the dead girl.
According to her father, Susan was "lying on a bunk, wearing
the new dress her mother had made for her, her arms crossed
with a long barreled revolver on her breast. A bullet hole was
in the center of her forehead and blood was running out of the
corners of her mouth. I began to wonder how Susan could
possibly
shoot herself in the center of her forehead with the long
barreled
revolver. She would have had to hold it with both hands at
arms
length. There were no powder burns on her forehead, which
certainly
would have been the case if the gun was against her forehead
as it would have to be to shoot herself as the photograph
appeared."
The police said the revolver was not available for inspection.
Meister was shown the police report, but it was in French,
which
neither he nor Galbraith spoke. Meister was told that the
police
were unwilling to release copies of either the report or their
photographs.
Meister and Galbraith went on to the hospital where Susan's
body had been taken. During the autopsy her intestines and her
brains had been removed. Meister says that Warren admitted
that
he had given permission, believing that Susan might have been
on drugs. Meister asked to see the body, which he had been
told
was in a refrigerated morgue. To his amazement, he was told
by a doctor that they did not know where the body was.
The next day, with Warren and Joni still in attendance, they
had an

200 THE SEA ORGANIZATION 1966--1976

audience with the Pasha of Safi. The Pasha told Meister he
could
not have copies of the police report, or the photographs. He
said he had transferred the records to the provincial capital,
Marrakesh. When Meister pressed him to find the whereabouts
of Susan's body, the Pasha told him the interview was over.
Meister asked Warren if he could see Ron Hubbard. He knew that
Hubbard's daughter, Diana, was about Susan's age. In Meister's
own words:

Passing the guarded gates into the port compound, we had our
first look at Hubbard's ship, Apollo. It appeared to be old,
and as we boarded it, the girls manning the deck gave us a
hand
salute. All were dressed in work type clothing of civilian
origin.
Most appeared to be young. Upon boarding we were shown the
stern
of the ship, which was used as a reading room, with several
people sitting in chairs reading books. The mention of Susan
seemed to meet disapproval from those on board .... We were
shown where Susan's quarters were in the stern of the ship
below
decks where it appeared fifty or so people were sleeping on
shelf type bunks. Susan's letter had mentioned she shared a
cabin all the way forward with one other person. Next we were
shown the cabin next to the pilot house on the ldridge where
the alleged suicide had taken place. It was a small cabin and
appeared to be one where a duty officer might catch some sleep
while underway .... We were not allowed to see any more of the
ship .... I requested an interview with Hubbard as he was then
on board. Warren said he would ask .... He returned in about
a half hour and said Hubbard had declined to see me.

Meister and Galbraith returned to Casablanca. Meister found
that the thirty or so films he had been carrying with him had
disappeared, including the film he had shot of Sail and the
Apollo.

As I was preparing to leave the hotel [to take the flight
home],
the telephone in my room rang. It was Warren who said he had
to see me at once on a matter of utmost urgency. I told him
I would see him in the lobby .... Warren came into the lobby
a very frightcried man. His face was pale and he motioned me
to a chair in the corner of the lobby... he told me he was
sent
to make a settlement with me in cash.

Meister was outraged by this suggestion, and told Warren to
deal with his attorney. "At the airport, just prior to
boarding,
I was accosted by a large man in a pinstripe suit carrying a
briefcase. He said, 'We are watching you and so are the CIA
and the FBI.'"
After his return to the U.S., Meister found that his daughter
had been buried in a Casablanca cemetery, wrapped in a burlap
sack, before his visit to Morocco. He arranged to have the
body
exhumed

The Death of Susan Meister 201

and shipped to the U.S. in a sealed tin coffin. His local
Health
Authority, in Colorado, received an anonymous letter before
the body was returned. It said in part:

There has been a Cholera epidemic in Morocco... there have
been
a recorded two to three hundred deaths. And it's been brought
to my attention that the daughter of one George Meister died
in Morocco, either by accident or from cholera, probably the
latter.

The Los Angeles Times picked up the story: "According to a
Nov.
I l, 1971, letter from Assistant Secretary of State David M.
Abshire to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee--the
Apollo's
Port Captain threatened in the presence of the American Vice
Consul from Casablanca, William J. Galbraith, that he had
enough
material, including compromising photographs of Miss Meister,
to smear Mr. Meister. z . . Meister is said to have left
Morocco
the day before the threat was made."
The Scientologists then launched a campaign against Galbraith,
with little success; for example, telling newspaper men that
he had threatened that the CIA would sink the Apollo!
Meister received anonymous letters saying that his daughter
had made pornographic films, and that she had been a drug
addict.
Meister says he continued to be harassed for six years. The
harassment stopped around the time of the FBI raids on the
Guardian's
Office, in the Summer of 1977.
If Susan Meister did commit suicide, several questions remain.
She had been aboard the Apollo for four months. During that
time, she sent consistently enthusiastic letters to her
parents.
To commit suicide, she must have undergone a very rapid mood
change. She must also have lost her faith in the efficacy of
Scientology. If this was so, what had caused this sudden shift
of opinion, and why didn't she leave the Apollo?
Letters were censored before leaving the Apollo, and the
passports
of those aboard were held by the Ethics Office. So perhaps she
was unable to write the truth of what she had discovered, and
unable to leave the ship. Perhaps.
There is no concrete evidence to show that Susan Meister's
death
was not suicide. But the whole affair is compounded by the
events
which followed. By creating the Sea Org, and taking to the
sea,
Hubbard had successfully put himself beyond the law. There was
no coroner's investigation into the death. It is likely that
a verdict at least of foul play would have been returned if
there had been such an investigation."

mail .com

Jun 6, 2005, 1:01:47 PM6/6/05
On 5 Jun 2005 20:48:24 -0700, "Lisa Ruby"
<Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote:

> It sure is amazing they got away with it.
>
> I think it is rather telling that state attorney Bernie
> McCabe chose Scientology high days to indict the Cos and
> to drop the charges against them.

He more or less ran out of people he could, at the time, indict
and try for the crime: most of the actual perpetrators were
granted immunity from prosecution before the DA learned they were
the ones Scientology Inc. assigned to be guilty. Three other
perpetrators the DA were looking for were "Project Quakered" out
of the country by the crime syndicate.

McGabe gave as an excuse the fact that the coronor was not
reliable (the crime syndicate drove her insane with "black
Dianetics") so the criminal case was dropped. Given some of his
later behavior, I suspect the crime syndicate found or
manufactured some "dirt" on him and is blackmailing him.

Spacetraveler

Jun 6, 2005, 1:23:10 PM6/6/05

"Zinj" <zinj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> In article <6HUoe.139607$dP1.4...@newsc.telia.net>, spacetraveler2000
> @hotmail.com says...
>
> <snip>
>
> > Wake Up Lisa.... you are on planet Earth...
> >
> > Spacetraveler
>
> The irony is breathtaking.

Who says it is irony... .-)

Spacetraveler

Ball of Fluff

Jun 6, 2005, 9:06:01 PM6/6/05

"Lisa Ruby" <Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote in message

It's not. But they did it anyway.

Dave is referring to the church's practice of ripping people off, living or
dead.

Susan

Jun 7, 2005, 2:20:58 AM6/7/05
Well worth a repeat post:

"Zinj" <zinj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Susan

roger gonnet

Jun 7, 2005, 3:29:52 AM6/7/05
More about all such scientology books here in english:

www.antisectes.net/religion-essai-eng.htm

roger