"Profit" News

Mark Bunker

Aug 24, 2001, 8:01:29 PM8/24/01
To show my full support for the film, "The Profit", I went to the 7:15
showing only to find the show sold out. I joined the many others who
were buying tickets for the 9:45 show and will be returning to the
theater shortly for the performance.

I give my solemn word that I will not walk out 15 minutes into he film
nor even 16 minutes into he film but will instead watch the entire
movie.

The film attracted at least two TV station. The local CBS affiliate
was leaving when I arrived, and the Fox affiliate was continuing to
gather footage.

A sign on the theater door indicated that only authorized media
outlets were allowed to videotape the patrons of the theater. I shall
not bring my camera back for the showing although I wanted to have it
ready in case of trouble.

Looks like the people of Clearwater are interested in seeing a film
that addresses the existence of a science fiction, ufo cult.

And as I predicted, my little jousts with Tigger have not affected one
ticket sale in the city.

A table is set up to sell t-shirts and 8x11 size and 11x14 size
versions of the movie poster as well.

As for protests, there is a small band of picketers waving signs at
the driveway. I spotted a nun, a rabbi, a hare krishna and a few
others. Upon reading the signs it appears they are an improv comedy
group, promoting their show at the comedy club in the same theater on
the weekends.

Looks like a good weekend for "The Profit."

Mike Krotz

Aug 24, 2001, 10:34:20 PM8/24/01
I was at the first screening, and saw and spoke with Mark as I was on my
way out of the theatre. The first show was in fact sold out, it happened
fairly quickly, Mark said he wanted to see the earlier show but was too
late for a ticket. Gabe Cazares was there for the first screening, I
spoke with him briefly too.

The audience seemed to enjoy themselves, I think The Profit has the
potential of being a very successful "cult" film! The theatre owner was
giving thumbs up and said that the second show was filling up, looks like
another poetential sellout crowd.

Mark was very gracious, acknowledging the zinger I got in at his expense
recently...

Everything seemed to go very smoothly, with the possible exception of the
theatre staff being a little unprepared for the large crowd. I will let
others report on their opinions of the film, I am still too close to it to
be honestly objective, so many of those onscreen I consider my friends
from having worked with them for months last year.

MK

Parallax

Aug 24, 2001, 11:31:12 PM8/24/01
so are there plans to go to VHS?

"Mike Krotz" <M...@fornikulture.com> wrote in message

Phil Scott

Aug 24, 2001, 11:47:33 PM8/24/01

Sold out for both showings it looks like, with word of mouth advertising, and
big 3 news coverage, it will probably sell out most of the rest of the week.
that bodes well for LA. There are 50,000 ex scns in LA that will probably go
see it.

If the crowd liked the movie it has to be better than a C movie, maybe close to
an A movie. btw . did Battle Field Earth sell out any theatres? I dont
think so.

Phil Scott

Mark Bunker

Aug 25, 2001, 12:28:37 AM8/25/01
On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 22:34:20 -0400, Mike Krotz <M...@fornikulture.com>
wrote:

>I was at the first screening, and saw and spoke with Mark as I was on my
>way out of the theatre. The first show was in fact sold out, it happened
>fairly quickly, Mark said he wanted to see the earlier show but was too
>late for a ticket. Gabe Cazares was there for the first screening, I
>spoke with him briefly too.
>
>The audience seemed to enjoy themselves, I think The Profit has the
>potential of being a very successful "cult" film! The theatre owner was
>giving thumbs up and said that the second show was filling up, looks like
>another poetential sellout crowd.
>
>Mark was very gracious, acknowledging the zinger I got in at his expense
>recently...
>
>Everything seemed to go very smoothly, with the possible exception of the
>theatre staff being a little unprepared for the large crowd. I will let
>others report on their opinions of the film, I am still too close to it to
>be honestly objective, so many of those onscreen I consider my friends
>from having worked with them for months last year.
>
>MK

The second show was virtually sold out. There were a few seats here
and there that remained open.

I am pleased to report that I did indeed see the entire movie this
time. I was worried that one false move from me would create an
international incident. Peter and Patricia were very wise to show the
film in a theater that serves food. This way they insured that I
wouldn't get up and wander into the streets.

I suppose after have seen the film as many times as I have now, some
would consider me a Profit groupie.

Mike Krotz

Aug 25, 2001, 12:30:13 AM8/25/01
I thought I heard someone whisper, "What the **** is he doing here again?"

;)

MK

ultram...@webtv.net

Aug 25, 2001, 12:37:51 AM8/25/01
Well HOOOTY HOOO!!!!!
Yea Baby! Here we Go Los Angeles!

Movie: "The Profit" coming to Clearwater soon.
www.theprofit.org

Gerry Armstrong

Aug 25, 2001, 12:46:42 AM8/25/01
On Sat, 25 Aug 2001 00:01:29 GMT, Mark Bunker
<markb...@lisatrust.net> wrote:

>To show my full support for the film, "The Profit", I went to the 7:15
>showing only to find the show sold out.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

> I joined the many others who
>were buying tickets for the 9:45 show and will be returning to the
>theater shortly for the performance.

Enjoy the show. Hey, you and I already enjoyed the show. You can't
help but enjoy the show. Sure it has imperfections. These are key to
fully enjoying the show. Buddha would love The Profit.

>I give my solemn word

God bless you, Bunkman.

>that I will not walk out 15 minutes into he film
>nor even 16 minutes into he film but will instead watch the entire
>movie.

You will be rewarded.

>The film attracted at least two TV station. The local CBS affiliate
>was leaving when I arrived, and the Fox affiliate was continuing to
>gather footage.

Don't forget, these guys are your competition, wherever you go.

>A sign on the theater door indicated that only authorized media
>outlets were allowed to videotape the patrons of the theater.

Authorized? Xenu TV is certainly authorized. Are you out without a
camera again. Don't forget you're double hatted.

> I shall
>not bring my camera back for the showing although I wanted to have it
>ready in case of trouble.

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. What are you doing, on a night like this without
your camera? You are such a gentleman, Mark Bunker. You're your own
papparazo, and you're without your camera. A gentleman.

>Looks like the people of Clearwater are interested in seeing a film
>that addresses the existence of a science fiction, ufo cult.

It is inspired. I pray that regular wogs (R), Joe Wog (R), wogs (R)
who've only heard of $cientific $piritualism, can see the
extraordinary combination of whacked out humor and sober, courageous
defiance that flood every frame if this film.

>And as I predicted, my little jousts with Tigger have not affected one
>ticket sale in the city.

Oh, hell, you're totally responsible.

>A table is set up to sell t-shirts and 8x11 size and 11x14 size
>versions of the movie poster as well.

Excellent. I've got to order a low number T-shirt. And anyone can send
me any poster, or any other piece of paper, and fifteen dollars to
sign it. Consider postage. 20 mins. 30 pts. Start.

>As for protests, there is a small band of picketers waving signs at
>the driveway. I spotted a nun, a rabbi, a hare krishna and a few
>others. Upon reading the signs it appears they are an improv comedy
>group, promoting their show at the comedy club in the same theater on
>the weekends.

Oh, if you are only serious. Oh what a night!

>Looks like a good weekend for "The Profit."

It's a race.

(c) Gerry Armstrong

"El Roto"

Aug 25, 2001, 3:03:35 AM8/25/01

Mark Bunker <markb...@lisatrust.net> wrote in message

> To show my full support for the film, "The Profit", I went to the 7:15
> showing only to find the show sold out. I joined the many others who
> were buying tickets for the 9:45 show and will be returning to the
> theater shortly for the performance.

snip

> As for protests, there is a small band of picketers waving signs at
> the driveway. I spotted a nun, a rabbi, a hare krishna and a few
> others.

Oh, man! I'd have paid good money to have them walk in to a bar together.
<chuckle>

>Upon reading the signs it appears they are an improv comedy
> group, promoting their show at the comedy club in the same theater on
> the weekends.

Excellent timing!

> Looks like a good weekend for "The Profit."

Good. I've already released a statement to the press explaining my
inability to attend. ;)

Steve G.

roger gonnet

Aug 25, 2001, 4:38:07 AM8/25/01

Phil Scott <phils...@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message :
3b871f1...@news.tdl.com...

> Sold out for both showings it looks like, with word of mouth advertising,
and
> big 3 news coverage, it will probably sell out most of the rest of the
week.
> that bodes well for LA. There are 50,000 ex scns in LA that will
probably go
> see it.
Hey, for once, you exxagerated the figure - in the bad direction. See, ca
one quarter of then WW scienos are in california area. Since one can bet
they were some 3 millions scienos since the start, whose say, 500000 are
dead now, something like 2,5 millions scienos exist. With their family, that
makes something like say, 10 millions people. One quarter in california
would give sometyhing like 2,5 millions. Say that one out of five go see the
Profit, could give like 500000 entries. Would be great.

OSA knows it, and that's why they are'nt near to forget Alexander and
Patricia in their death postulates.

roger

roger gonnet

Aug 25, 2001, 4:39:43 AM8/25/01

Gerry Armstrong <arms...@dowco.com> a écrit dans le message :
araeotcmpft48u9u4...@4ax.com...

> On Sat, 25 Aug 2001 00:01:29 GMT, Mark Bunker
> <markb...@lisatrust.net> wrote:
>
> >To show my full support for the film, "The Profit", I went to the 7:15
> >showing only to find the show sold out.
>
> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
>
> > I joined the many others who
> >were buying tickets for the 9:45 show and will be returning to the
> >theater shortly for the performance.
>
> Enjoy the show. Hey, you and I already enjoyed the show. You can't
> help but enjoy the show. Sure it has imperfections. These are key to
> fully enjoying the show. Buddha would love The Profit.

you sure? Buddha looking after a profit? Oh yes, the Nirvana, you meant :-))

M. C. DiPietra

Aug 25, 2001, 6:47:32 AM8/25/01
in article 3jpdotgt2l80nhs80...@4ax.com, Mark Bunker at
markb...@lisatrust.net mused on 8/24/01 8:01 PM:

> The film attracted at least two TV station. The local CBS affiliate
> was leaving when I arrived, and the Fox affiliate was continuing to
> gather footage.

I saw some of the coverage on the 5 PM news on the Fox station; nice, with
clips of the movie and everything! Wish I could get out there to see it.

Any chance of T-shirts going for sale online?

I want a Gerry Armstrong, Mark Bunker and Peter Alexander autographed
poster!

FREE KEITH HENSON http://www.operatingthetan.com
M.C.DiPietra <mdip...@earthlink.net>, SP5, KoX
http://mp3.com/MaggieCouncil
"Hell, if you understood everything I say, you'd be me!" -Miles Davis

Mike O'Connor

Aug 25, 2001, 12:05:50 PM8/25/01
In article <99871037...@globe.atl2.mindspring.net>,
"Parallax" <paral...@home.com> wrote:

> so are there plans to go to VHS?

DVD! With plenty of extras, some PGP encoded...

--
LYING IS A SCIENTOLOGY SACRAMENT
ASK THEM ABOUT XENU

Mike Krotz

Aug 25, 2001, 12:30:13 AM8/25/01

Mark Bunker wrote:

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:
Subject: cmsg cancel <3B8729D5...@fornikulture.com>
From: Reese <xyz6...@yahoo.com>
Sender: Mike Krotz <M...@fornikulture.com>
Newsgroups: alt.test,news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:07:46 GMT
<remainder snipped>

Mike Krotz

Aug 24, 2001, 10:34:20 PM8/24/01

Mark Bunker wrote:

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:
Subject: cmsg cancel <3B870EAC...@fornikulture.com>

From: Reese <xyz6...@yahoo.com>
Sender: Mike Krotz <M...@fornikulture.com>
Newsgroups: alt.test,news.admin.net-abuse.usenet

Phil Scott

From: Reese <xyz6...@yahoo.com>
Sender: phils...@hotmail.com (Phil Scott)

Newsgroups: alt.test,news.admin.net-abuse.usenet

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:08:58 GMT

"El Roto"

Aug 25, 2001, 3:03:35 AM8/25/01

Mark Bunker <markb...@lisatrust.net> wrote in message
> To show my full support for the film, "The Profit", I went to the 7:15
> showing only to find the show sold out. I joined the many others who
> were buying tickets for the 9:45 show and will be returning to the
> theater shortly for the performance.

snip

> As for protests, there is a small band of picketers waving signs at
> the driveway. I spotted a nun, a rabbi, a hare krishna and a few
> others.

Oh, man! I'd have paid good money to have them walk in to a bar together.
<chuckle>

>Upon reading the signs it appears they are an improv comedy

> group, promoting their show at the comedy club in the same theater on
> the weekends.

Excellent timing!

Subject: cmsg cancel <3b87...@news2.lightlink.com>
From: Reese <xyz6...@yahoo.com>
Sender: "\"El Roto\"" <fin...@google.com>

Newsgroups: alt.test,news.admin.net-abuse.usenet

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:04:42 GMT

Parallax

Aug 24, 2001, 11:31:12 PM8/24/01

Subject: cmsg cancel <99871037...@globe.atl2.mindspring.net>
From: Reese <xyz6...@yahoo.com>
Sender: "Parallax" <paral...@home.com>

Newsgroups: alt.test,news.admin.net-abuse.usenet

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:09:05 GMT

roger gonnet

Aug 25, 2001, 4:39:43 AM8/25/01

Subject: cmsg cancel <9m7o5o$1n4n$7...@news4.isdnet.net>
From: Reese <xyz6...@yahoo.com>
Sender: "roger gonnet" <roger....@worldnet.fr>

Newsgroups: alt.test,news.admin.net-abuse.usenet

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:03:32 GMT

M. C. DiPietra

Aug 25, 2001, 6:47:32 AM8/25/01

Subject: cmsg cancel <B7ACFA64.48E6A%mdip...@earthlink.net>
From: Reese <xyz6...@yahoo.com>
Sender: "M. C. DiPietra" <mdip...@earthlink.net>

Newsgroups: alt.test,news.admin.net-abuse.usenet

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:01:41 GMT

Gerry Armstrong

Aug 25, 2001, 12:46:42 AM8/25/01
<markb...@lisatrust.net> wrote:

>To show my full support for the film, "The Profit", I went to the 7:15
>showing only to find the show sold out.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

> I joined the many others who

>were buying tickets for the 9:45 show and will be returning to the
>theater shortly for the performance.

Enjoy the show. Hey, you and I already enjoyed the show. You can't

help but enjoy the show. Sure it has imperfections. These are key to
fully enjoying the show. Buddha would love The Profit.

>I give my solemn word

God bless you, Bunkman.

>that I will not walk out 15 minutes into he film
>nor even 16 minutes into he film but will instead watch the entire
>movie.

You will be rewarded.

Subject: cmsg cancel <araeotcmpft48u9u4...@4ax.com>
From: Reese <xyz6...@yahoo.com>