Disconnection is Church of Scn Policy

friendship

Apr 1, 2005, 1:38:30 PM4/1/05
friendship Jan 20, 9:59 am

Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
From: "friendship" <friends...@ureach.com> - Find messages by this
author
Date: 20 Jan 2005 09:59:27 -0800
Subject: Disconnection is Church of Scn Policy
| Remove | Report Abuse

This was posted a long time ago but is unfortunately still relevant:

In case anyone thinks that disconnection is not part of Scientology
Church policy, here is an exerpt from an earlier post:

This is a response to an OSA attempt to hide the policy of religious
shunning which is practised by the Church of Scientology and which has
caused much grief to many families of Scientologists.

Here it is:

It is untrue that disconnection is rarely forced by the Church of
Scientology. In fact, forced disconnection is definitely a part of
Scientology policy.

To be specific, the policy is Hubbard Communications Office Policy of
23 December 1965, revised 10 September 1983 (reissued 25 August 1988)
entitled "Ethics, Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and
Scientologists"

In this policy it is clearly stated:

"Any PTS (a person who is in any way connected to a Suppressive
Person, which is a designation by the Church that the person is
considered to be dangerous or evil) who fails to either handle or
disconnect from the Suppressive Person&#8230;is, by failing to do so,
guilty of a suppressive act&#8230;

"Until a suppressive person or group is absolved&#8230;his, her or
their only Scientology terminal is the International Justice Chief via
the Continental Justice Chief, or members of a duly authorized and
convened Committee of Evidence."

This means that a family member of a person who is considered or
declared suppressive has to disconnect because if he communicates at
all to the "SP" he will be considered to have committed a suppressive
act and will be kicked out of the Church as well.

Here are a few of the Suppressive Acts listed:

"19. Public statements against Scientology or Scientologists&#8230;"

(Currently 'publicly' has been redefined to mean complaining about
Scientology to even one friend.)

"28. Continued adherence to a person or group pronounced a
suppressive person or group by HCO (Hubbard Communications Office.)"

"62. It is a high crime to publicly depart Scientology."

So you can see that it is CLEARLY considered a suppressive act,
punishable by being kicked out of the Church and of being shunned by
Scientologists, to stay connected to anyone the Church has decided to
declare a suppressive person. Because this policy is strenuously
enforced, it is clear to almost all Scientologists that if a relative
is declared a suppressive person that a choice must be made --
promptly disconnect from the 'SP' or consider yourself kicked out of
Scientology. When a person is declared suppressive the Ethics Officer
of the organization that any relative belongs to makes it clear to the
relative that he must disconnect promptly or face a similar fate. A
deadline of 48 hours or 72 hours is often given.

Intolerance Online is trying to obfuscate the truth. Don't believe
them. Many, many families have been torn apart by Scientology
'justice' actions.

Mike Gormez

Apr 1, 2005, 4:32:54 PM4/1/05
"On 1 Apr 2005 10:38:30 -0800, "friendship" <frien...@ureach.com> wrote
in <1112380710.5...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>:

>Intolerance Online is trying to obfuscate the truth. Don't believe
>them. Many, many families have been torn apart by Scientology
>'justice' actions.

Give this page a look
http://members.chello.nl/mgormez/childabuse/disconnect.html

Intelligent comments welcome

--
Mike Gormez

- World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE) - www.stop-wise.biz
- www.whyaretheydead.net - Why Are They Dead, Scientology?
- Child abuse and neglect by scientologists www.taxexemptchildabuse.net
- www.psychassualt.org - Scientology hatred of mental health (CCHR)

Lisa Ruby

Apr 1, 2005, 7:53:54 PM4/1/05
>Disconnection is Church of Scn Policy

It sure is. Michael Schiavo does not want the Schindlers to know where
he is going to bury Terri's cremated body. Maybe he will change his
mind if they buckle under and keep quiet about what has transpired all
these years.

The push for the cover-up has begun. It is called "forgiveness." Those
who "forgive" will not expose the evil that has been done to them and
their disabled daughter.

Talk about Scientology-style manipulation!

friendship

Apr 1, 2005, 8:16:37 PM4/1/05
Thank you for posting this excellent link.

I have a link for those of you out there who live in the U.S. and wish
to write to your elected representatives. Just look at the left hand
column and plug in your zip code with the 4 digit extension and all the
contact info for all your elected officials from the state and federal
level are listed. Then start writing letters!! They get a lot of
positive PR from OSA PR -- they need a balance of information. Here's
the link:

http://www.vote-smart.org/

All of us who are the victims of religious shunning would much
appreciate letters to elected officials and also to the media.

friendship

Apr 2, 2005, 1:14:06 PM4/2/05
Dear Mike,

I looked over this page and read it and found it to be very sad. I do
hope that people who have reconnected with their families will post.
And that they will explain what caused them to disregard the C of S in
these matters.

I do know one woman who had disconnected from her father 20 years ago
and recently reconnected. He was extremely happy. She started to
realize the futility of working to get up the Bridge and not living
life to the fullest because of trying to go down the Scn path.

Quaoar

Apr 2, 2005, 1:25:53 PM4/2/05

Give it up, Lisa. The Schindlers never had a valid case; they don't
have one now; they never will have a case. The Schindler's case
disappeared at the end of Terri's seven minutes lacking oxygen to the
brain.

Mike Gormez

Apr 2, 2005, 1:58:40 PM4/2/05
"On 2 Apr 2005 10:14:06 -0800, "friendship" <frien...@ureach.com> wrote
in <1112465646....@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>:

>Dear Mike,
>
>I looked over this page and read it and found it to be very sad.

Yes it is and that is the reason why I call it one of the worst policies.
thank you for taking a look.

>I do
>hope that people who have reconnected with their families will post.
>And that they will explain what caused them to disregard the C of S in
>these matters.
>
>I do know one woman who had disconnected from her father 20 years ago
>and recently reconnected. He was extremely happy. She started to
>realize the futility of working to get up the Bridge and not living
>life to the fullest because of trying to go down the Scn path.

I am glad to hear, but there are not many stories like that, sadly.

Best,

Lisa Ruby

Apr 2, 2005, 4:46:15 PM4/2/05
"Give it up." That is exactly what Scientology wants. They are priming
the pump to call people who expose the conspiracy to kill Terri
Schiavo--haters. It won't work.

Ball of Fluff

Apr 2, 2005, 9:41:36 PM4/2/05

"Lisa Ruby" <Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote in message

> "Give it up." That is exactly what Scientology wants. They are priming
> the pump to call people who expose the conspiracy to
kill Terri
> Schiavo--haters. It won't work.

BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER

mail. com

Apr 2, 2005, 11:55:57 PM4/2/05
On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 18:41:36 -0800, "Ball of Fluff"
<getof...@fluffentology.com> wrote:

> "Lisa Ruby" <Commis...@groupmail.com> wrote in message

> > "Give it up." That is exactly what Scientology wants. They are priming
> > the pump to call people who expose the conspiracy to kill Terri
> > Schiavo--haters. It won't work.

Appears Mental.

> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER

LOL! I wrote a program to do that:

bLaCKhEliCOPTeRblackhElICoPTerSbLaCKHELicOpterBLackhelicOpTeRs
blaCkHeliCOptERBLacKheliCoPterSbLaCkheliCopterbLacKHeLiCOpters
blAckheLIcOpTerbLAcKHElICOPTeRsBLAcKHELicoPTErBlACKHelicOpteRS
BlACKHELIcOpterBlAckhELICOpteRSBlAckHElIcoPteRbLackHeLIcopterS
BLACKHeliCoPTErBlACkHELIcOPtERsblaCkHELiCOPTErbLacKHElICoPtErS
BlACkhELiCopTerblacKHeLiCOpteRSbLACKhelIcopTErbLackHElICoPtERs
BlaCKHeLiCoPtErblacKHELICOpTERsbLackhELICopterBLACKhELICoPTERs
BLAcKHelICOPTERBlAckHELicopTERSbLaCKhelIcoPterBlAckhelIcoPTErS
BlAcKhELICOPTERBlAckHELicOpTERSbLaCKhelICOpTErbLacKHELiCOptERs
BLaCKHeliCOpTERBLacKHElicOpTERsbLAcKheliCopterBLaCKHeliCopTERS

---
http://lastliberal.org
Free random & sequential signature changer http://holysmoke.org/sig

"Our contemporary Tories prefer the term 'ordered liberty' to
'freedom'. The word 'freedom' scares them; it has too much of a
paleolithic ring to it." -- Edward Abbey

Lisa Ruby

Apr 3, 2005, 12:37:28 AM4/3/05

> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER
> BLACKHELICOPTERBLACKHELICOPTER

Yes, I know.

Terri's Death Process Ends March 31st: Tribute to L. Ron Hubbard

http://libertytothecaptives.net/terri_death_ended_march31_html.html

friendship

Apr 11, 2005, 2:18:16 AM4/11/05
I'd like to add the following quote to this thread:

>From Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter of 23 Dec. 1965
entitled, "Ethics, Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and
Scientologists, The Fair Game Law"

Potential Trouble Source

A Scientologist connected by familial or other ties to a person who is
guilty of Supressive Acts is known as a Potential Trouble Source or
Trouble Source. The history of Dianetics and Scientology is strewn
with these. Confused by emotional ties, dogged in refusing to give up
Scientology, yet invalidated by a Suppressive Person at every turn they
cannot, having a present time problem, make case gains. If they would
act with determination one way or the other -- reform the Suppressive
Person or disconnect, they could then make gains and recover their
potential. If they make no determined move, they eventually succumb.

Therefore this Policy Letter extends to suppressive non-Scientology
wives and husbands and parents, or other family members or hostile
groups or even close friends. So long as a wife or husband, father or
mother or other family connection, who is attempting to suppress the
Scientology spouse or child, or hostile group remains continually
acknowledged or in communication with the Scientology spouse or child
or member, then that Scientologist or preclear comes under the family
or adherent clause and may not be processed or further trained until he
or she has taken appropriate action to cease to be a Potential Trouble
Source.

The validity of this policy is borne out by the fact that the US
government raids and other troubles were instigated by wives, husbands
or parents who were actively suppressing a Scientologist, or
Scientology. The suppressed Scientologist did not act in good time to
avert the trouble by handling the antagonistic family member as a
suppressive source or disconnect fully.

Disconnection from a family member or cessation of adherence to a
Suppressive Person or Group is done by the Potential Trouble Source
publicly publishing the fact, as in the legal notices of "The Auditor"
and public announcements and taking any required civil action such as
disavowal, separation or divorce and thereafter cutting all further
communication and disassociating from the person or group...

-end of quote-

Although there are later policies which often make the disconnection
less overt the above is generally what is currently practiced regarding
disconnection in the C of S. Take, for example, the horrendous
disavowal of his own mother by George Ford, Sea Org member and son of
Vicki Ford (spelling?).

friendship

Apr 28, 2005, 11:54:39 AM4/28/05
As I have spoken or written to 4 or 5 people in the last couple of
weeks who have either been disconnected from or been threatened with
disconnection I would have to assume that this practice is more
widespread in Scn than even I had thought.

I hope that Nicole Kidman realizes that if Tom Cruise stays in Scn that
he will soon be preparing to strongly interest his kids in Scn and,
also, drive a rift between them and Nicole if she doesn't 'repent' and
rejoin the C of S. But I have heard that the rules are often bent for
celebrities.

Ball of Fluff

Apr 28, 2005, 9:10:58 PM4/28/05

"friendship" <frien...@ureach.com> wrote in message

> As I have spoken or written to 4 or 5 people in the last couple of
> weeks who have either been disconnected from or been threatened with
> disconnection I would have to assume that this practice is more
> widespread in Scn than even I had thought.

It's certainly more widespread than I had thought.

There are still people who don't toe the line but you know what, they have
to dissent in secret.

> I hope that Nicole Kidman realizes that if Tom Cruise stays in Scn that
> he will soon be preparing to strongly interest his kids in Scn and,
> also, drive a rift between them and Nicole if she doesn't 'repent' and
> rejoin the C of S. But I have heard that the rules are often bent for
> celebrities.

I think with her not being expelled that it might work out as long as she
doesn't act "antago".

It really depends on the MAA or EO in question and on _what_ _Cruise_
_tells_ _him_ _or_ _her_...

friendship

May 5, 2005, 12:28:28 PM5/5/05

Well, I think it's mostly going to depend on the kids. If their
children don't become avid Scns there will most likely be a lot of
pressure on the family. But I'm talking 8 or 10 years in the future
and there's a lot of evidence to suggest that the C of S may not even
be around at that time.

friendship

May 18, 2005, 7:42:59 PM5/18/05
Here is the beginning of this thread reposted here for the benefit of
lurkers. The chilling policy of disconnection shows the true nature of
the inner circle of Scn. It shows their fear of dissent, ruthlessness
and willingness to sacrifice families and the happiness of mainly good
people.

friendship

May 24, 2005, 2:40:06 AM5/24/05
Someone called me the other day who has been disconnected from their
child for a few years now. Really sad. A very nice person.

Parents will never give up when it comes to their children.

mail .com

May 24, 2005, 12:49:27 PM5/24/05
On 23 May 2005 23:40:06 -0700, "friendship"
<frien...@ureach.com> wrote:

> Someone called me the other day who has been disconnected from their
> child for a few years now. Really sad. A very nice person.

Of course.

> Parents will never give up when it comes to their children.

Huh? Parents often "give up" on their children.

---
http://lastliberal.org / I support privatization of religion.

Free random & sequential signature changer http://holysmoke.org/sig

"I freed thousands of slaves. I could have freed thousands more,
if they had known they were slaves." - Harriet Tubman