Who is the Hacker Rev Psycho?

Felix Tilley

Dec 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/8/96

He posts some really weird stuff, but I cant tell from the news headers
where it is really coming from.

If any of you get irritated enough, I would suggest a few of you post the
headers of his posts, and the first few paragraphs (but not the whole
shebang) to news.admin.net-abuse.misc.

Maybe someone there can ID the nefarious bastard.

Felix in Tucson

Jason Roberts

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

That is a pretty good question.

I have watched every single hacker game over the last 26 years (except for
two season's worth when I was a missionary in Belgium). My ancestors
settled not far from Green Bay, in Kaukauna Wisconsin and live there to
this day. Needless to say, they love the team. My Grandfather was best
friends with Earl "Jug" Girard (now we will see who the real cheeseheads
are.)

I even watched them tear apart the Broncos today, but I never heard of a
player called Rev Psycho. They even put in a lot of 2nd string players too,
and no Rev Psycho. Are you sure he doesn't play for the New England
Hatriots?

--
Jason Roberts
I hit hard for the glory of God.

Rev. Psycho

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

Felix Tilley <dontspam...@goodnet.com> wrote in article
<dontspam_ftilley...@tuc-ts5-18.goodnet.com>...

From: "Rev. Psycho" <j...@mental.health.ca.us>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.mormon
Subject: Moronism and the Internet
Date: 9 Dec 1996 05:11:09 GMT

Well let's see... He appears to be posting from the San Francisco, Ca.
area... At least that's where his news client is making it's initial
connection....

Looks like his dialup host is a machine called "orion"....

Oh and yes, his messages appear to be getting into usenet via an NNTP host
on the earthlink network.... Also, by looking at the NNTP-Posting-Host line
he appears to be accessing a UUNET router....

Well if you figure out who this Fish-Poop (Bass Turd) really is please let
us know. We can't allow people suffering from apparent psychosis to be
posting to the Internet....

But you know, maybe he really is posting from an account in a state mental
institution, you know how liberal those Californians are.....

Red Davis

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

Felix Tilley <dontspam...@goodnet.com> wrote in article
<dontspam_ftilley...@tuc-ts5-18.goodnet.com>...
> He posts some really weird stuff, but I cant tell from the news headers
> where it is really coming from.

He is using a dial-in service provider in San Francisco, just as you are
using
one from Tempe, AZ. When he calls in, his home PC is randomly assigned
an IP number via a PPP link. A record is created linking his assigned IP
number with the date/time and his customer number -- a record that can
be crosse-referenced to identify him.

However, contacting his ISP is not appropriate for his posts (from the few
I have read) -- however "weird" they may be. My professional policy as
an Internet adminsitrator is that such contact is only made for comments
which which are clearly indecent and/or illegal.

--
-Red Davis
-ke...@hlkn.tamu.edu

> If any of you get irritated enough, I would suggest a few of you post the
> headers of his posts, and the first few paragraphs (but not the whole
> shebang) to news.admin.net-abuse.misc.
>
> Maybe someone there can ID the nefarious bastard.
>

> Felix in Tucson

RUBY CAROYN BENEDICT

Dec 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/10/96

In <32AD9B...@byu.edu> Robert Craig Harman <pa...@byu.edu> writes:

>Felix Tilley wrote:
>>
>> He posts some really weird stuff, but I cant tell from the news
>> headers where it is really coming from. If any of you get irritated

>> enough, I would suggest a few of you post the headers of his posts,
>> and the first few paragraphs (but not the whole shebang) to
>> news.admin.net-abuse.misc. Maybe someone there can ID the nefarious
>> bastard.
>
>Er, why? I mean so far as I can tell, most everything that he's
posted
>has been in a humorous vein (not too different from the erstwhile "Dr.
>Squid") although recently he has had a few more serious responses.
>I'm not sure where you get off calling him a "nefarious bastard"...
>
>...Craig, perplexed why you even _care_ who he is...

Because Craig, some people just have to complain and make everyone
miserable.

>--
>Robert Craig Harman En France, appelez 01 39 76 68 84 pour
>BYU Chemical Engineering recevoir un Livre de Mormon gratuit...
>Master's Candidate
>LDS France Paris Mission
http://www.et.byu.edu/~harmanr/mission.html

Robert Craig Harman

Dec 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/10/96

Felix Tilley wrote:

> He posts some really weird stuff, but I cant tell from the news
> headers where it is really coming from. If any of you get irritated
> enough, I would suggest a few of you post the headers of his posts,
> and the first few paragraphs (but not the whole shebang) to
> news.admin.net-abuse.misc. Maybe someone there can ID the nefarious
> bastard.

Er, why? I mean so far as I can tell, most everything that he's posted
has been in a humorous vein (not too different from the erstwhile "Dr.
Squid") although recently he has had a few more serious responses.
I'm not sure where you get off calling him a "nefarious bastard"...

...Craig, perplexed why you even _care_ who he is...

SQUIDs, Romanovs, Countrywesterners, lend me your earwigs!

Dec 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/10/96

Whilst blissfully cavorting naked thru a local Republican convention, Robert
Craig Harman <pa...@byu.edu> graciously stopped to yodel the following words of
wisdom in our general direction:

> Felix Tilley wrote:
> >
> > He posts some really weird stuff, but I cant tell from the news
> > headers where it is really coming from. If any of you get irritated
> > enough, I would suggest a few of you post the headers of his posts,
> > and the first few paragraphs (but not the whole shebang) to
> > news.admin.net-abuse.misc. Maybe someone there can ID the nefarious
> > bastard.

> Er, why? I mean so far as I can tell, most everything that he's posted
> has been in a humorous vein (not too different from the erstwhile "Dr.
> Squid") although recently he has had a few more serious responses.
> I'm not sure where you get off calling him a "nefarious bastard"...

Yeh! Just where do you get off calling him by MY title, HUH?!

....for we all know that, in the end, there can be only one... May it be:
Duncan McSquid...

*insert whooshing katana sound here*

....but, as pertaining to the good Reverend and his hallucinatory sociobabble, if
it be immitation and if immitation be the sincerest form of flattery, well then,
who am I to deflect potential compliments....

--
And now we return you to our regularly scheduled program:

The ZEBRA-HISTORICAL MESOAMERICAN AGONY-ROMANCE HOUR.

Join your host Squidious S. Squidley with today's very special
guest, FABIO, as they climb to the top of the majestic Pyramid of
the Sun at Teotihuacan, where Squidley rips out "the Fabmeister's"
heart and throws him over the other side, bleeding and dying, into
the arms of a crowd of screaming, hysterical women!

Send all comments and commentary to:

---- Dr. Squid <><> drs...@ix.netcom.com (p!nbsJP)