Hair color update 2004-11-19

James Kibo Parry

Nov 19, 2004, 3:27:37 AM11/19/04
Okay, so I hadn't re-colored my hair lately, because for Halloween
I'd shaved it very short, and since then it had faded to an interesting
sort of Morris-the-Cat pale orange fur with a hint of brown underneath.

Today (three weeks later) I decided it had grown out (and faded) enough
to warrant another bleach-and-dye cycle, so I just bleached it. At the
moment I have beautiful metallic gold hair -- the ends of the hairs are
a pale yellow (old orange plus new bleach) with a layer of tan below,
leading to a wonderfully abnormal-looking metallic sheen.

However, the beard (the only part I hadn't shaved back at Halloween,
when I needed to eliminate the blue color) went from orange to blue
when I bleached it -- the blue dye _still_ hasn't faded or bleached out!
So I have gold hair with a pale blue beard. Later tonight I'll dye
everything fluorescent orange and be back to my normal look.

And then after that, I'll use the conditioner I normally use after
all these other chemicals. It's basically wax, sold as "ApHOGEE
INTENSIVE KERATIN RECONSTRUCTOR". It has a list of ingredients I
dare anyone to set to music:

INGREDIENTS:
Water,
Cetearyl Alcohol,
Polysorbate-60,
Behenamidopropylamine Behenate,
Stearalkonium Chloride,
Cetrimonium Chloride,
Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin,
Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans (Hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides),
Sodium-Coco Collagen Amino Acids,
Wheat Germ Fatty Acids,
Linoleic Acid,
Linolenic Acid,
Arachidonic Acid,
Squalane,
Avocado Oil,
Acetamide MEA,
Panthenol,
Wheat Germ Oil,
Jojoba Oil,
Tocopherol,
Tocopheryl Acetate,
Sulfur,
Amodimethicone,
Polyquarternium-10,
Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate,
Tallowtrimonium Chloride,
Nonoxynol-10,
Cocoyl Sarcosine,
Sorbitol,
Fragrance,
Imidazolidinyl Urea,
Methylparaben,
Propylparaben.

So many placebos for such a tiny jar of wax. I've seen curries that
don't have as many ingredients! Also, my Periodic Table doesn't list
most of these weird radioactive elements. (Why is elemental sulfur
in my hair goo?)

Who shall accept my challenge to set that list to music?

-- K.

Especially to the tune of
the "Captain Scarlet" song?

Message has been deleted

Ljutefisk

Nov 19, 2004, 8:45:00 AM11/19/04
In article <kibo-19110...@10.0.1.2>, ki...@world.std.com says...

> Who shall accept my challenge to set that list to music?

LA LA LALA LA LA.

Needs more cowbell (and UREA).

Glitter Ninja

Nov 19, 2004, 9:47:57 AM11/19/04
ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) writes:

> Avocado Oil,

I volunteer to do the dramatic reading of this line for the Broadway
musical play "Bang! The Story of the Interrobang Cartel".

> Nonoxynol-10,

It's spermicide plus one! Finally, it's now safe for someone to cum in
your hair.

Stacia

Message has been deleted

Kevin S. Wilson

Nov 19, 2004, 11:01:56 AM11/19/04
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 03:27:37 -0500, ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo"
Parry) wrote:

>Later tonight I'll dye
>everything fluorescent orange and be back to my normal look.

Does anyone else detect some serious dissonance between those two
statements, or is it just me?

madge

Nov 19, 2004, 11:41:51 AM11/19/04

It's you KevinS. Normal is the cute kitten in Garfield.

--
Otis to Manfire: Your Puckett needs WAY MORE diaphragm!

Nick Bensema

Nov 19, 2004, 12:13:41 PM11/19/04
In article <kibo-19110...@10.0.1.2>,

James "Kibo" Parry <ki...@world.std.com> wrote:
>So many placebos for such a tiny jar of wax. I've seen curries that
>don't have as many ingredients! Also, my Periodic Table doesn't list
>most of these weird radioactive elements. (Why is elemental sulfur
>in my hair goo?)
>
>Who shall accept my challenge to set that list to music?

Yakko Warner, eble.

Wouldn't a wax with less ingredients be cheaper? Did you let the lady
at the Lancôme counter hypnotize you?

--
Nick Bensema <ni...@io.com> AIM: NBensema
==== ======= ============== http://www.io.com/~nickb/

James Kibo Parry

Nov 19, 2004, 2:06:02 PM11/19/04
Nick Bensema (ni...@io.com) wrote:

> James "Kibo" Parry (ki...@world.std.com) wrote:
> >
> > So many placebos for such a tiny jar of wax. I've seen curries that
> > don't have as many ingredients!
>
> Wouldn't a wax with less ingredients be cheaper? Did you let the lady
> at the Lancôme counter hypnotize you?

No, because I buy the stuff at a discount over at Sally Beauty Supply
because I have a green Beauty Club Member card for my wallet (except
I don't have a wallet) because I am a beautiful person. And as I've
said before, I never, ever buy hair care gunk at the drugstore (that
stuff costs more and doesn't work as well) so of course I'm never going
to go near the stupid overpriced girly Lancôme counter at whatever
sort of store might have one. In fact, I don't even know which letter
in Lâncome wears the little asshat mark.

I use this particular product on my hair after bleaching and dyeing because
I damage my hair pretty badly what with all the bleaching and then a lot
of washing in hot water (hot water damages hair, but it helps me wash out
any loose dye that's ready to wash out.) It's basically the heaviest
hair conditioner I've seen. It's just one of the reasons my hair is
better than yours.

The only downside is that it only comes in artificial coconut scent.
I'd prefer razzleberry or better yet, blue razzleberry, but the coconut
scent is strong enough that I can't just go over to the art-supply store
and buy a vial of candle wax scent and mix in it, so I have to put up
with my hair smelling like a Little Debbie product for two minutes
before I rinse this stuff out.

It has the texture of cake frosting, but instead it smells like something
they'd coat a Little Debbie snack hexagon with. Which I guess is
appropriate, given how those things are covered in some sort of wax.

-- K.

Also, she's really
a million years old,
just like everything
she sells.

Kevin S. Wilson

Nov 19, 2004, 2:36:54 PM11/19/04
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:06:02 -0500, ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo"
Parry) wrote:

>It's just one of the reasons my hair is
>better than yours.

Do something really daring, K. Dye your hair grey.

Nick Bensema

Nov 19, 2004, 6:06:41 PM11/19/04
In article <kibo-19110...@10.0.1.2>,
James "Kibo" Parry <ki...@world.std.com> wrote:
>> Wouldn't a wax with less ingredients be cheaper? Did you let the lady
>> at the Lancôme counter hypnotize you?
>
>No, because I buy the stuff at a discount over at Sally Beauty Supply
>because I have a green Beauty Club Member card

...which you've bleached out and dyed purple.

>for my wallet (except
>I don't have a wallet) because I am a beautiful person. And as I've
>said before, I never, ever buy hair care gunk at the drugstore (that
>stuff costs more and doesn't work as well) so of course I'm never going
>to go near the stupid overpriced girly Lancôme counter at whatever
>sort of store might have one. In fact, I don't even know which letter
>in Lâncome wears the little asshat mark.

That makes sense. I was worried for a moment because those beauty
counters specialize in extracting money from gullible women by talking
about exotic-sounding ingredients. But I doubt they'd be able to work
Monoxynol-10 into a very successful sales pitch.

Darla Vladschyk

Nov 19, 2004, 6:13:31 PM11/19/04
ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:

>Today...I just bleached it. At the
>moment I have beautiful metallic gold hair...with a layer of tan below,

>leading to a wonderfully abnormal-looking metallic sheen.
>

>However, the beard...went from orange to blue...

>So I have gold hair with a pale blue beard. Later tonight I'll dye
>everything fluorescent orange and be back to my normal look.

Honey, look. Couldn't you just shave the beard off, dye your hair a
rich chestnut brown, and part it on the side like a nice boy? Wear a
suit. Maybe you could get a job!

-=D=-

--
"On Election Night the voice of the people was heard.
I will refrain from imitating it out of respect for the

Theresa Willis

Nov 19, 2004, 6:15:08 PM11/19/04
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:13:31 GMT, Darl...@gmail.com (Darla
Vladschyk) wrote:

>ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:
>
>>Today...I just bleached it. At the
>>moment I have beautiful metallic gold hair...with a layer of tan below,
>>leading to a wonderfully abnormal-looking metallic sheen.
>>
>>However, the beard...went from orange to blue...
>>So I have gold hair with a pale blue beard. Later tonight I'll dye
>>everything fluorescent orange and be back to my normal look.
>
>Honey, look. Couldn't you just shave the beard off, dye your hair a
>rich chestnut brown, and part it on the side like a nice boy? Wear a
>suit. Maybe you could get a job!

hee hee hee hee

I giggle like little girl.

David DeLaney

Nov 19, 2004, 10:54:03 PM11/19/04
James "Kibo" Parry <ki...@world.std.com> wrote:
>It has the texture of cake frosting, but instead it smells like something
>they'd coat a Little Debbie snack hexagon with. Which I guess is
>appropriate, given how those things are covered in some sort of wax.

Mmmm, snack hexagons. Now with extra degrees!

Dave "opened a box of Devil Squares last night before dealing with the
projective-planes-and-white-cheddar" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from d...@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower

David DeLaney

Nov 19, 2004, 10:54:46 PM11/19/04
Kevin S. Wilson <res...@spro.net> wrote:
>ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:
>
>>It's just one of the reasons my hair is better than yours.
>
>Do something really daring, K. Dye your hair grey.

Grey with -glitter-.

Dave "there is a comment about bannisters and drapes here but I am strenuously
resisting its utterance" DeLaney

Darla Vladschyk

Nov 19, 2004, 11:30:24 PM11/19/04
d...@gatekeeper.vic.com (David DeLaney) wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson <res...@spro.net> wrote:
>>ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:
>>
>>>It's just one of the reasons my hair is better than yours.
>>
>>Do something really daring, K. Dye your hair grey.
>
>Grey with -glitter-.

ITYM "clitter."

HTH, HAND, WFT!

Steve Christensen

Nov 20, 2004, 12:27:12 AM11/20/04
In article <slrncptfm...@gatekeeper.vic.com>, David DeLaney wrote:
> Kevin S. Wilson <res...@spro.net> wrote:
>>ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:
>>
>>>It's just one of the reasons my hair is better than yours.
>>
>>Do something really daring, K. Dye your hair grey.
>
> Grey with -glitter-.

ITYM, Gary Glitter

-Steve
--
I would like to know if you slimes ever get tired of God destroying your
lousy lifes. -- Kurt Stocklmeir

Glenn Knickerbocker

Nov 20, 2004, 1:18:52 AM11/20/04
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 04:30:24 GMT, Darla Vladschyk wrote:
>ITYM "clitter."

CLITTER, CLITTER, CLITTER, CLITTER, CLITTER, CLITTER,
CLATTER, WE'LL DANCE!
OLD XERES WE'LL DRINK, MANZANILLA, MONTERO,
FOR WINE, WHEN IT RUNS IN ABUNDANCE,
ENHANCES THE RECKLESS DELIGHT OF THAT WILDEST OF DANCES,
THAT WILDEST OF DANCES, THE RECKLESS DELIGHT!

Darla Vladschyk

Nov 20, 2004, 2:24:57 AM11/20/04
Glenn Knickerbocker <No...@bestweb.net> wrote:

You're going to want to throttle back a bit on the Annie Green
Springs, there, Glenn.

Whoo.

John D Salt

Nov 20, 2004, 3:33:24 AM11/20/04
Steve Christensen <stnc...@xmission.com> wrote in

> In article <slrncptfm...@gatekeeper.vic.com>, David
> DeLaney wrote:
>> Kevin S. Wilson <res...@spro.net> wrote:

>>>Do something really daring, K. Dye your hair grey.
>>
>> Grey with -glitter-.
>
> ITYM, Gary Glitter

Not in the hearing of anyone familiar with Cockney rhyming slang,
I think.

All the best,

John.

Message has been deleted

madge

Nov 20, 2004, 12:41:03 PM11/20/04

Yeh mate. Gary Glitter = Paedophilia. See, Rhyming Slang init.

Wot about Gary Pucket. Roight, stitch that me old cocker.

Phil Carmody

Nov 20, 2004, 9:02:47 PM11/20/04
madge <deletethisbit...@yahoo.com> writes:

It's pronounced 'poo-kay'; it's French, you know.

Phil

Johnd Fstone

Nov 21, 2004, 10:51:13 AM11/21/04
Phil Carmody <thefatphi...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> madge <deletethisbit...@yahoo.com> writes:

[...]

> > Wot about Gary Pucket. Roight, stitch that me old cocker.
>
> It's pronounced 'poo-kay'; it's French, you know.

Did anyone ever tell Hyacinth Bucket that even if Bucket were
pronounced according to French pronunciation rules, it could not be
homophonous with bouquet? That <ou> is [u], <u> is [y], and Bucket
would have to be [byke], not [buke]?

I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

[...]

--
Few are those who manage in doing sentences that sounds natural.
-- julien daux

John D Salt

Nov 21, 2004, 1:02:10 PM11/21/04
Johnd Fstone <jd...@softhome.net> wrote in

> Phil Carmody <thefatphi...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
>> madge <deletethisbit...@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> > Wot about Gary Pucket. Roight, stitch that me old
>> > cocker.
>>
>> It's pronounced 'poo-kay'; it's French, you know.
>
> Did anyone ever tell Hyacinth Bucket that even if Bucket
> were pronounced according to French pronunciation rules, it
> could not be homophonous with bouquet? That <ou> is [u],
> <u> is [y], and Bucket would have to be [byke], not [buke]?
>
> I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Why would anyone pronouce and English surname using French
pronunciation?

We don't do it for Beauchamp, Beauregard or Beaulieu.

All the best,

John.