Google Labs' Set O' Kibo

Dan

May 26, 2002, 9:38:22 PM5/26/02
Hello, Kibologists. I recently read the post about Google Labs' mad cool
developments, and so stopped by their page to have a look-see. I happened
upon this "Google Sets" item (http://labs.google.com/sets), which allows the
user to enter a few items in a set and "predicts other items in the set".
Well, I thought it might be nice to give it a shot at listing some
Kibological things. It _failed miserably_.

Given: Kibo, Bacon
Returned: Bacon, Kibo, Eggs, Bread, Milk, Cheese, Sausage, Ham, Egg

Given: Kibo, Usenet
Returned: Usenet, KIBO, Web Directories, Mailing Lists, Orginizations,
Orginisations, Internet Services, FTP, Software, Email, Internet Cafes,
Telnet, Memorabilia

Given: Kibo, Bacon, Usenet, Space: 1999
Returned: NOTHING

This didn't improve... it actually got worse. Kibo and Cones returned all
sorts of twisted, strange items. Maybe it's my fault, not Google's. Everyone
else: try giving it some more Kibological items, see what it returns!
_________________
"We are but packets in the Internet of life."
-Mike, UserFriendly

Wiblur the Once

May 27, 2002, 1:42:24 AM5/27/02
On Mon, 27 May 2002 01:38:22 GMT, Dan mumbled something about...

> This didn't improve... it actually got worse. Kibo and Cones returned all
> sorts of twisted, strange items. Maybe it's my fault, not Google's. Everyone
> else: try giving it some more Kibological items, see what it returns!

How about: Branes, Lard
Returned: Butter, sugar, sexist language, suitcase words, Wild birdseed,
Rope, Saucepot, Bacon, Fatback, salt, Dead Kennedys,
Presidential Candidacy, Solid Shortenings

I really can't figure why Dead Kennedys are there, unless Jello Biafra
counts as a food item. Also, presidential candidacy must be tied to
lard, becasue shurely there is no relation to branes. Also, Suitcase
Words?

-----
"Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

http://www.aros.net/~jchapman/Kibologists/Kibo.html

Bryce Utting

May 27, 2002, 2:40:06 AM5/27/02
Wiblur the Once <jcha...@aros.net> wrote:
> How about: Branes, Lard
> Returned: Butter, sugar, sexist language, suitcase words, Wild birdseed,
> Rope, Saucepot, Bacon, Fatback, salt, Dead Kennedys,
> Presidential Candidacy, Solid Shortenings
>
> I really can't figure why Dead Kennedys are there, unless Jello Biafra
> counts as a food item. Also, presidential candidacy must be tied to
> lard, becasue shurely there is no relation to branes. Also, Suitcase
> Words?

aiieeeeee!!!!! HOW MUCH abuse can English take??? HOW MANY loanwords
can be replaced with meaningless synonyms??? HOW LONG before the
dumbsizing of our language can make posts like this IMPOSSIBLE???/?/??

butting (not long enough, obviously)
(ps. Portmanteau. DUH. I thought EVERYONE spoke Google.)

Wiblur the Once

May 27, 2002, 3:23:33 AM5/27/02
On Mon, 27 May 2002 06:40:06 +0000 (UTC), Bryce Utting mumbled something
about...

About this much --> |-------------------------------|

> HOW MANY loanwords can be replaced with meaningless synonyms???

42

> HOW LONG before the dumbsizing of our language can make posts like this IMPOSSIBLE???/?/??

6661 - 2002 = 4659, so that would make it 4,659 years. (today's
challenge: guess where that reference comes from - earn tasty bacon
points!)

HTH

-----

For only 49 cents more you can dumbsize that language and get an extr-
large order of yummy lard with those branes. Also, today we are
including free Suitcase Words with each order!

That will be a dollar three ninty-seven. Please pull forward to the
second window-like portal and thank you for shopping at Wiblur's
Imaginary Fast Food and Wonderous Widget Emporium. HAND.

http://www.aros.net/~jchapman/Kibologists/Kibo.html

Wiblur the Once

May 27, 2002, 3:28:53 AM5/27/02
On Mon, 27 May 2002 06:40:06 +0000 (UTC), Bryce Utting mumbled something
about...

> butting (not long enough, obviously)

Please excuse the second reply to this post, but as the first was
uploading I noticed this and wondered if you could recommend a good
butting salon(1) and explain how it makes your butt longer.

(1) Not for Fnarring!!!1!!

Bryce Utting

May 27, 2002, 5:17:23 AM5/27/02
Wiblur the Once <jcha...@aros.net> wrote:
>> butting (not long enough, obviously)
>
> Please excuse the second reply to this post, but as the first was

too good?

> uploading

oh.

> I noticed this and wondered if you could recommend a good
> butting salon(1)

no can do, sorry. no salon's been able to do anything more creative
than simply trim it for over ten years.

> and explain how it makes your butt longer.

IT KEEPS GETTING CLOSER. EVERY TIME I LOOK, IT'S THAT MUCH CLOSER.

(I have skinny butt, apparently. should I try conditioner?)

> (1) Not for Fnarring!!!1!!

annnnnnnnnd can you recommend a good fnarr salon? or even a clinic?
I THOUGHT NOT!!!

butting (still)

Dan

May 27, 2002, 7:13:49 PM5/27/02
"Wiblur the Once" <jcha...@aros.net> wrote in message

> On Mon, 27 May 2002 06:40:06 +0000 (UTC), Bryce Utting mumbled something
> about...
> 6661 - 2002 = 4659, so that would make it 4,659 years. (today's
> challenge: guess where that reference comes from - earn tasty bacon
> points!)
Well, the best I could do was find a website by some Satanists (or something
to that effect) that claims that there will be "total human holocaust" in
6661. Naturally, I cheated. If that turns out to be correct, then Google
must not be entirely useless (and I probably have to forfeit my bacon
points!). If you'd like to see the web site (for some reason), the address
is:
http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/davis/241/Akkikuolema/news.htm
_____________________________
"What evil shall I do today?"
--Pitr Dubovich

Chris "Koala3K" Slat

May 27, 2002, 9:18:33 PM5/27/02
In article <i6gI8.36103$Gs.32...@bin5.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>,
"Dan" <Cardina...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Given: Kibo, Bacon
> Returned: Bacon, Kibo, Eggs, Bread, Milk, Cheese, Sausage, Ham, Egg
>
> Given: Kibo, Usenet
> Returned: Usenet, KIBO, Web Directories, Mailing Lists, Orginizations,
> Orginisations, Internet Services, FTP, Software, Email, Internet Cafes,
> Telnet, Memorabilia
>
> Given: Kibo, Bacon, Usenet, Space: 1999
> Returned: NOTHING
>
> This didn't improve... it actually got worse. Kibo and Cones returned all
> sorts of twisted, strange items. Maybe it's my fault, not Google's. Everyone
> else: try giving it some more Kibological items, see what it returns!

Given: Koala3K, Bob Hope
Returned: Bob Hope, Ronald Reagan, Strom Thurmond, The Queen Mother,
John Gotti, Dudley Moore, Katherine Hepburn, Bing Crosby, Milton Berle,
and a bunch of other guys who are either dead or dying.

Given: Cigarettes, Kibo, Einstein
Returned: Nothing.

Given: Koala3K, Kibo
Returned: Kibo

Given: Koala3K
Returned: Nothing.

I guess I need to establish more of an Internet identity.

--Chris "Koala3K" Slat

Jym Dyer

May 28, 2002, 12:08:10 AM5/28/02
=v= Hmm. Fascinating. This ain't G00gle, but it's a
Flash-based search engine that sorta works by sets:

http://kartoo.com/

Run your series through that and watch the bizarre results.

=v= Like G00gle Labs, Kart00 is KEWL, D00DZ!
<_Jym_>

Dan

May 28, 2002, 8:07:19 PM5/28/02
That may just be the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time. What's with
that half-elf-half-troll looking thing that they leave on screen while it's
searching? Creepy, if you ask me. And that map seems to be somewhat
off-kilter... its favorite site for "Xibo" was something devoted to the XFL.
Even odderer:
Topics for Kibo:
-Safari -Consists
-Experiment -Develops
-Service -Comments
-Official -Japan
-Mount
-Climb
-Wildfire
-Guides
-Adventure
-Group
I honestly have no idea.

Jym Dyer

May 29, 2002, 1:53:56 PM5/29/02
http://kartoo.com/

> That may just be the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time.
> What's with that half-elf-half-troll looking thing that they
> leave on screen while it's searching? Creepy, if you ask me.

=v= You betcha.

> And that map seems to be somewhat off-kilter... its favorite
> site for "Xibo" was something devoted to the XFL.

=v= Oh, it's way off-kilter. Now let's take Google Labs' screwy
sets and plug 'em into Kartoo. In a fit of egomania, I went to
Google Labs looking for "Jym" and it found "Jym again", so I
plugged that into Kartoo and it led to "frank".
<_Jym_>

Wiblur the Once

May 30, 2002, 10:49:35 AM5/30/02
> On Mon 2002-05-27 16:14:07 PST Dan mumbled something
> about...

> > 6661 - 2002 = 4659, so that would make it 4,659 years. (today's
> > challenge: guess where that reference comes from - earn tasty bacon
> > points!)

> Well, the best I could do was find a website by some Satanists (or something
> to that effect) that claims that there will be "total human holocaust" in
> 6661. Naturally, I cheated. If that turns out to be correct, then Google
> must not be entirely useless (and I probably have to forfeit my bacon
> points!). If you'd like to see the web site (for some reason), the address
> is:
> http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/davis/241/Akkikuolema/news.htm

No other takers, eh? Well, you were close, sort of. No satanosity is
involved, however. The obscure reference of the week is to the revised
year of X-day, which for the uninformed in all things Yeti is the day the
pleasure saucers come to take away those who have sufficient slack and
have sent in their $30.

The original date was in 1999, but when the saucers failed to show,
Rev. Stang explained that when "Bob" handed him the napkin with the date
on it, he "read it upside down".

Eddie '/Hi There!'/ Lowther

May 30, 2002, 4:52:08 PM5/30/02
Wiblur the Once <jcha...@aros.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.175fe9d88...@news.aros.net>...

> > On Mon 2002-05-27 16:14:07 PST Dan mumbled something
> > about...
>
> > > 6661 - 2002 = 4659, so that would make it 4,659 years. (today's
> > > challenge: guess where that reference comes from - earn tasty bacon
> > > points!)
>
> > Well, the best I could do was find a website by some Satanists (or something
> > to that effect) that claims that there will be "total human holocaust" in
> > 6661. Naturally, I cheated. If that turns out to be correct, then Google
> > must not be entirely useless (and I probably have to forfeit my bacon
> > points!). If you'd like to see the web site (for some reason), the address
> > is:
> > http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/davis/241/Akkikuolema/news.htm
>
> No other takers, eh? Well, you were close, sort of. No satanosity is
> involved, however. The obscure reference of the week is to the revised
> year of X-day, which for the uninformed in all things Yeti is the day the
> pleasure saucers come to take away those who have sufficient slack and
> have sent in their $30.
>
> The original date was in 1999, but when the saucers failed to show,
> Rev. Stang explained that when "Bob" handed him the napkin with the date
> on it, he "read it upside down".

AZTEC numbers, or real ARABICIAN numerals?! I'm just an old Roman
LXXVI type guy, so what do I know? All I knows is:

"THE WORLD COULD END TOMORROW...and *you* may *DIE* (Have a Nice Day!) "

> -----
> "Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before."
> - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Music of Maurice Ravel, with a trio in Flying Saucers"

Eddie "Hi There! The Right Presbyter Rev of the Eigth Stromata, The Raven
On the Left, Space, 1999; Was that one lump or two, Doctor? And etc"
Lowther.

Cheers!
--
&#65290;Daiichi Broiler Co., Ltd.
EXHIBITS: Processed Chiken ---> In Englich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Victor Novarese

May 30, 2002, 11:28:27 PM5/30/02
"Dan" <Cardina...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<i6gI8.36103$Gs.32...@bin5.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>...

> Given: Kibo, Bacon, Usenet, Space: 1999
> Returned: NOTHING
>
> This didn't improve... it actually got worse. Kibo and Cones returned all
> sorts of twisted, strange items. Maybe it's my fault, not Google's. Everyone
> else: try giving it some more Kibological items, see what it returns!

Given: kibo, bob hope
Returned: Ronald Reagan, Strom Thurmond, The Queen Mother, John Gotti,
Dudley Moore, Katharine Hepburn, Bing Crosby, Ted Williams,
Milton Berle, Dorothy Lamour, Mother Teresa

A bunch of dead people (or soon-to-be) and a crime lord... outlook not
so good for Bob Hope (yay!) or for Kibo (boo!).

Given: kibo, durian
Returned: (a bunch of regular fruit), Carambola, Cherimoyas

Given: kibo, hello kitty
Returned: Transformers, (bunches of other lame stuff)

Given: kibo, iron chef
Returned: Two Fat Ladies, Invisible Man The, Inspector Morse,
GOLDFINGER MOTH, Movie recommenda (sic), Ever wonder,
bible advertisin (sic again), ATTN MODERATORS, I Love Lucy,
Incredible Hulk

ATTN MODERATORS: FIRST KIBO/IRON CHEF CROSSOVER FANFIC POST!!!

Given: kibo, iron chef, hello kitty, bob hope
Returned: NOTHING!

--
paul victor novarese KF4ZLI
novarese AT novarese DOT net http://gammatron.novarese.net

find / -user you -name "*base*" -exec chown us {} \;