Thanks for the rays...

Skip to the first unread message

Garry Gnu

16 Feb 2004, 22:19:3316/02/2004
To all those who sent rays, an update. Had a stage 3 of 4 interview this
morning for a sales position with President's Choice Financial (resist,
Darla!), and the women doing the interveiw said at the end, and I quote:

"Man, you're good!"

This job pays about $6k more than I'm getting now, even if I do have to
relocate 500km away. Please to send further rays.

--
Garry Gnu
No gnews is good gnews...

TimC

16 Feb 2004, 23:06:1316/02/2004
Garry Gnu (aka Bruce) was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

> To all those who sent rays, an update. Had a stage 3 of 4 interview this
> morning for a sales position with President's Choice Financial (resist,
> Darla!), and the women doing the interveiw said at the end, and I quote:
>
> "Man, you're good!"
>
> This job pays about $6k more than I'm getting now, even if I do have to
> relocate 500km away. Please to send further rays.

Oh, you mean I am not meant to be sending the "get Garry Gnu's hopes
up falsely" rays? Dammit.

OK then, I'll recall those, and send "chocolate" rays. Mmmm, molten
chocolate following a ray-like geodesic orbit.

As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.

Bryce Utting

17 Feb 2004, 00:29:1717/02/2004
Garry Gnu <nognewsis...@garryg.nu> wrote:
> To all those who sent rays, an update. Had a stage 3 of 4 interview this
> morning for a sales position with President's Choice Financial (resist,
> Darla!), and the women doing the interveiw said at the end, and I quote:
>
> "Man, you're good!"
>
> This job pays about $6k more than I'm getting now, even if I do have to
> relocate 500km away. Please to send further rays.

wahHEY, that's good news that is. 'course, if this means you'll be in
charge of loans, you know what the obligation on you will be, right?
'kay. just checking!

butting (b0rke)

John Schmidt

17 Feb 2004, 08:20:2517/02/2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Garry Gnu wrote:

> This job pays about $6k more than I'm getting now, even if I do have to
> relocate 500km away. Please to send further rays.

I'm not familiar with your quaint Canuckistani units of measure.
Does relocating 500km away mean you have to scoot your chair
slightly to the left, or does it mean you're moving to Neptune?

JS

Darla Vladschyk

17 Feb 2004, 15:13:4717/02/2004
"Garry Gnu" <nognewsis...@garryg.nu> wrote:

>To all those who sent rays, an update. Had a stage 3 of 4 interview this
>morning for a sales position with President's Choice Financial

Will you be able to cut me a deal on that Diet Cranberry Soda stuff??

>... (resist,
>Darla!),

You must NEVER resist Darla! You will hurt yourself!

>...and the women doing the interveiw said at the end, and I quote:
>
>"Man, you're good!"

She ought to have said "You're right some Jesus good, you!" for this
story to be believable.

Heard a good one yesterday: "My day is as crammed as the guest boook
at a Newfie wake!"

>This job pays about $6k more than I'm getting now, even if I do have to
>relocate 500km away. Please to send further rays.

And what does Beloved Wife have to say aboat that?

-=D=-

Darla Vladschyk

17 Feb 2004, 15:14:3317/02/2004
John Schmidt <a.d...@mebay.biz> wrote:

ROFL

David DeLaney

17 Feb 2004, 21:43:3617/02/2004
TimC <tcon...@no.astro.spam.swin.accepted.edu.here.au> wrote:
>Oh, you mean I am not meant to be sending the "get Garry Gnu's hopes
>up falsely" rays? Dammit.
>
>OK then, I'll recall those, and send "chocolate" rays. Mmmm, molten
>chocolate following a ray-like geodesic orbit.

just remember, G_{\mu\nu}=R_{\mu\nu}-{1/4}g_{\mu\nu}R, and you'll get it right.

mmmm, chocolate metric spaces.

Dave "...or is it plus?" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from d...@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower

TimC

17 Feb 2004, 20:51:0717/02/2004
David DeLaney (aka Bruce) was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

> TimC <tcon...@no.astro.spam.swin.accepted.edu.here.au> wrote:
>>Oh, you mean I am not meant to be sending the "get Garry Gnu's hopes
>>up falsely" rays? Dammit.
>>
>>OK then, I'll recall those, and send "chocolate" rays. Mmmm, molten
>>chocolate following a ray-like geodesic orbit.
>
> just remember, G_{\mu\nu}=R_{\mu\nu}-{1/4}g_{\mu\nu}R, and you'll get it right.
>
> mmmm, chocolate metric spaces.
>
> Dave "...or is it plus?" DeLaney

I don't know, but for one day (I was tyoping out notes for personal
use), I spent about 30 minutes on one formula alone, in \LaTeX{}.

Arr, here it is:

$R_{00} = \frac{1}{2}e^{\nu-\lambda}\nu'' - \frac{1}{4}\dot{\lambda}^2 + \frac{1}{4}\dot{\nu}\dot{\lambda} - \frac{1}{2}\ddot{\lambda} + \frac{1}{4}e^{\nu-\lambda}\nu'^2 - \frac{1}{4}e^{\nu-\lambda}\nu'\lambda' + r^{-1}e^{\nu-\lambda}\nu'$
$R_{00} = -e^{\nu} - 2e^{-\lambda}e^{\nu+\lambda}\frac{\epsilon^2}{r^4}$

I also spent about 20 pages on assignment question, as well (which I
got about 4/10 for, because I couldn't finish it). Ick ick ick.

* Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of
smart terminals. -- o...@burnout.demon.co.uk (obscurity)

robert lindsay

17 Feb 2004, 21:15:2317/02/2004
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 03:19:33 +0000, Garry Gnu wrote:

> To all those who sent rays, an update. Had a stage 3 of 4 interview this
> morning for a sales position with President's Choice Financial (resist,
> Darla!), and the women doing the interveiw said at the end, and I quote:
>
> "Man, you're good!"

4 stage interviews? what is this shit? HR padding it's roles?
I've never had more than a teo stage interview in my life.
(and that was one more stage than I think is necessary)

> This job pays about $6k more than I'm getting now, even if I do have to
> relocate 500km away. Please to send further rays.

how about reflections? difraction?

The Avocado Avenger

18 Feb 2004, 22:13:1518/02/2004
robert lindsay wrote:

> I've never had more than a teo stage interview in my life.
> (and that was one more stage than I think is necessary)

The Teo Stage is *always* necessary. It's how they get vital
information, like next of kin.

Stacia
I miss Teo

Whosetitanelbow

19 Feb 2004, 00:09:4419/02/2004
The Avocado Avenger <sta...@io.com> schreef in
berichtnieuws...news:403429CB...@io.com:

Don't you people even try to blam them first? Tsk.

--
"So the gamers and the scammers say it's the fault of the critics who tried
to carve through the mumbo-jumbo in the first place." -- Josh Marshall

David DeLaney

19 Feb 2004, 16:35:3719/02/2004

And direction of planned travel.

>Stacia