Announcement...

jax...@hotmail.com

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
I had a whole bunch of replies to posts re my introduction and such here in
a.r.k.

I was even all set to post my Analysis of the Teletubbies...

BUt I just got a frantic call from my grandma. My mother's in the hospital.
She apparently went into cardiac arrest; she's at the local hospital at Red
Bank right now.

So, much as I had planned to, I can;t muster the will to reply to stuff right
now. I'm not going to be on the net this weekend; at the very most, I'll be
on for a few minuted to check my email. I'm gonna spend as much time by her
sdide, and being there for my little brother Ryan as I can right now.

I hope you all understand. I mean, as ...erm.. interesting as the NG can be..
my family takes precedence over the 'net.

Hopefully, it'll turn out to be nothing too terribly serious, and I'll be able
to return Sunday of MObnday.

Till then, you'll have to wait on the Teletubby jokes and my replies and
new .sig and whatnot.

Don't worry, though. I'm not leaving for good.

I just want to make sure my Mom... and Ryan will both be okay.
In case something.. I can't even type it.

But, y'know.. In case.

Hope Everything's OKay.. NOw I Have A Late-Night Train To Catch,

Shawn David Struck

David DeLaney

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
:Posting again because my first try got Eaten by Freenet.

And again from panacea, because my second try got spat out. Fooey.

jax...@hotmail.com () says:
>BUt I just got a frantic call from my grandma. My mother's in the hospital.
>She apparently went into cardiac arrest; she's at the local hospital at Red
>Bank right now.

...[W]ow. Good luck to you, Shawn.

>So, much as I had planned to, I can;t muster the will to reply to stuff right
>now. I'm not going to be on the net this weekend; at the very most, I'll be
>on for a few minuted to check my email. I'm gonna spend as much time by her
>sdide, and being there for my little brother Ryan as I can right now.

Dave "This post contains no jokes but only deep sympathy. Hurry back if
you can." DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney d...@panacea.phys.utk.edu "It's not the pot that grows the flower
http://panacea.phys.utk.edu/~dbd/ - net.legends FAQ/ I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

Shawn David Struck

Feb 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/3/99
In article <78bv29$3b3$1...@gaia.ns.utk.edu>,

d...@panacea.phys.utk.edu (David DeLaney) wrote:
> :Posting again because my first try got Eaten by Freenet.
>
> And again from panacea, because my second try got spat out. Fooey.
>
> jax...@hotmail.com () says:
> >BUt I just got a frantic call from my grandma. My mother's in the hospital.
> >She apparently went into cardiac arrest; she's at the local hospital at Red
> >Bank right now.
>
> ...[W]ow. Good luck to you, Shawn.
>
> >So, much as I had planned to, I can;t muster the will to reply to stuff right
> >now. I'm not going to be on the net this weekend; at the very most, I'll be
> >on for a few minuted to check my email. I'm gonna spend as much time by her
> >sdide, and being there for my little brother Ryan as I can right now.
>
> Dave "This post contains no jokes but only deep sympathy. Hurry back if
> you can." DeLaney
> --

Well, David, thanks. And also thank you to the other kibologists that emailed
me with their concern and sympathy. (Names withheld to protect their
reputations. ;)

Well, it's been over a week of ups and downs, but Mom's going to be alright.
Thankfully, it wasn't a full-blown heart attack... and no surgery or anything
will be required. Turns out it she ended up taking two medications that
shouldn't be mixed, and her *(&^ing doctor screwed up and prescribed them both
without explaining the timetable to her.

Anyhow, I won't have to make anymore late-night treks to Red Bank, NJ
(Official Motto:"One Good Coffeehouse Deserves Five More!"), so expect to see
me around more often.

It's Good To Be Back,

Shawn David Struck

ARK sig v2.0:Half the fat.Same great Pokétaste!|My Chunk of Web:
"That... was really disturbing." -Brock,Pokémon|angelfire.com/ny/jaxom17
"A girl wearing pants, is, EQUALLY, like A GUY |ICQ UIN: 14131899
WEARING A DRESS." -- R. McE. |AIM:JanarG

David DeLaney

Feb 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/3/99

jax...@hotmail.com (Shawn David Struck) says:
>> Dave "This post contains no jokes but only deep sympathy. Hurry back if
>> you can." DeLaney
>
>Well, David, thanks. And also thank you to the other kibologists that emailed
>me with their concern and sympathy. (Names withheld to protect their
>reputations. ;)

HELLO SHAWN!

>Well, it's been over a week of ups and downs, but Mom's going to be alright.
>Thankfully, it wasn't a full-blown heart attack... and no surgery or anything
>will be required. Turns out it she ended up taking two medications that
>shouldn't be mixed, and her *(&^ing doctor screwed up and prescribed them both
>without explaining the timetable to her.

Mmm. Nutraloquacious. _Smack_ that doctor.

HELLO SHAWN! This is a pencil!

>Anyhow, I won't have to make anymore late-night treks to Red Bank, NJ
>(Official Motto:"One Good Coffeehouse Deserves Five More!"), so expect to see
>me around more often.
>It's Good To Be Back,

It's good to see your back too!

Dave "while you were out we all turned into mindless followers - go see Kibo's
Do What I Say page at www.kibo.com" DeLaney

--
\/David DeLaney d...@panacea.phys.utk.edu "It's not the pot that grows the flowe

It's not the clock that slows the hour The definition's plain for anyone to se

Joseph Michael Bay

Feb 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/3/99
if...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (David DeLaney) writes:

>>Anyhow, I won't have to make anymore late-night treks to Red Bank, NJ
>>(Official Motto:"One Good Coffeehouse Deserves Five More!"), so expect to see
>>me around more often.
>>It's Good To Be Back,

>It's good to see your back too!

Hey, Red Bank, NJ's motto has something to do with comic book stores, or
at least low budget movies, which are somewhat cooler.

Thirty-seven?

>Dave "while you were out we all turned into mindless followers - go see Kibo's
> Do What I Say page at www.kibo.com" DeLaney

Yes, go see it. Kibo is good to us. We admire him.

Yes. Just be sure to show up weekly for the Wednesday Night
Vegetarian Love Bombing.

--
Joseph M. Bay Lamont Sanford Junior University
Putting the HARM in molecular pHARMacology since 1998