Apparent human brain found in truck

James Kibo Parry

Mar 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/12/99
> HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., March 11 (UPI) -- Police are investigating
> the discovery of a jar containing what appears to be half a human brain
> in the back of a pickup truck that was abandoned in Southern California.

HEY ARCHIE! THEY FOUND IT! YOU CAN PICK IT UP IN LOST & FOUND!

> Police say employees of a tow shop found the glass jar under debris
> in the back of the blue 1962 Dodge pickup truck as they got ready to
> prepare it for sale.
> The truck was abandoned Jan. 14 in Huntington Beach, about 35 miles
> south of downtown Los Angeles.
> Police detective Steve Mack says, ``It could clearly be something
> from a laboratory, a pathology lab, that somebody took years ago and
> misplaced and kept. I don't believe there's any crime involved. It's not
> like there's another Jeffrey Dahmer or Hannibal Lecter out there running
> around.''
> Police have called in the Orange County Coroner's Office to try to
> determine where the brain came from and how long it was in the jar.

I'm just wondering where the other half of the brain is.

What would YOU do with half a brain?

Besides enjoy the live-action "Baby Huey" movie, of course.

-- K.

They could probably have
sold the 37-year-old truck
for more money if they
had left the brain there.

James Kibo Parry

Mar 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/13/99
Yesterday I reported that the vast faceless heartless conglomerate we
call The Media reported this:

> HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., March 11 (UPI) -- Police are investigating
> the discovery of a jar containing what appears to be half a human brain
> in the back of a pickup truck that was abandoned in Southern California.

Well, today they provided further proof that Kibo's Rule Of Zork Interpretation
is true:

> SANTA ANA, Calif., March 12 (UPI) -- Investigators say half of a brain
> discovered in a glass jar in a pickup truck that was abandoned in
> Southern California wasn't human as originally thought.

Well, was the other half human, at least?

Anyway, those of us who played a lot of Zork in the eighties knew it
wasn't human the moment the computer typed out "...what appears to be half a
human brain..."

You see a doorway leading to what appears to be an empty room.

> ENTER ROOM

The room is filled with deadly invisible bees!

You flail at them with your pathetic little arms.

The bees appear to be retreating.

> WHEW

But they only appeared to be retreating because you're wearing
your BackwardsVision goggles. You're a bozo! The bees sting you!

You are dead.

Do you want to see your score, which is 0 out of a possible 37? (y/n)

In other words, the word "appears" appears to always mean the opposite
of whatever you think it means. Even if you take my rule into account.
Which you should, because my rule appears to work.

-- K.

Think about it:

"Bob Hope _appeared_ in a K-Mart commercial..."

Nick S Bensema

Mar 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/13/99
The Zork rule makes me feel stupid.

See, playing Zork when I was in first and second grade really helped
my vocabulary, and one of the words I learned, of course, was:
"APPARENTLY".

That's not why I feel stupid.

I feel stupid because I learned the RIGHT meaning, and I didn't solve
a lot of stuff because of it.

--
Nick Bensema <ni...@primenet.com> 98-KUPD Red Card #710563 UIN: 2135445
~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

</BLINK>

David J. Crowe

Mar 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/13/99
ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:

[snip]

> In other words, the word "appears" appears to always mean the opposite
> of whatever you think it means. Even if you take my rule into account.
> Which you should, because my rule appears to work.
>
> -- K.
>
> Think about it:
>
> "Bob Hope _appeared_ in a K-Mart
commercial..."

Well, DUH! Everyone knows that K-Mart commercial featured one of those
Disney animatronic thingamajobbies. It was in all the papers.

--
David J Crowe *************** Member of the Black
cr...@radiks.net *************** Zone Bulk" since '98