Mooninites etc.

James Kibo Parry

Feb 1, 2007, 3:02:58 AM2/1/07
One o' the keys on my keyboard is broken. See whether you can guess
which one o' them. This complicates things.

Anyway, so you've all heard all about how the stupid city o' stupid
Boston was today paralyzed because someone saw OH MY GOD AN ILLUMINATED
AD WITH A BLINKING CARTOON CHARACTER ON IT and so called Homeland Security
and begged them to put all the bridges, tunnels, and subways on
Double Secret Anti-Hanna-Barbera Lockdown because we all know that
nuclear bombs show animated pictures o' Cartoon Network critters.

I'd just like to let you know that I had nothing to do with it
(although I may just head over to Toys R Us to buy a couple dozen
Lite Brite sets tomorrow, 'cause they'll probably soon be made illegal.)
However, I _have_ met the people who got arrested and are now
possibly looking at hundred-year prison sentences (5 years per
blinking advertisement thingie.) Cartoon Network apparently hired
various people to put the signs up in ten major cities, and in Boston
they hired a local artists' group (GlitchCrew), who are now in
big trouble because they _made_ the city o' Boston massively
overreact to little pictures o' Mooninites giving people the
badly-animated 'inger. The guys in GlitchCrew are creative,
wonder'ully play'ul people, and it sucks that they're now the
'all guys 'or Cartoon Network's inept advertising campaign.
I've been in GlitchCrew's workshop in Cambridge a couple o' times
and have marvelled at their ingenuity and technical skills.

So, a couple o' the GlitchCrew guys have now been arrested and
I would assume the remaining members -- and their counterparts
in the other nine cities -- are probably wetting themselves
(and not in a good way.) This really isn't making me want to
go see the movie I wasn't planning on seeing anyway. But on
the bright side, we did get to 'ind out which TV stations 'eel
they need to blur out a three-pixel-wide middle 'inger.
Those must've been the three dirtiest pixels ever!

OH NO CALL THE BOMB SQUAD IT SHOWS A MOONINITE QUICK DE'USE IT
BE'ORE IT CHANGES TO 'RED 'LINTSTONE!

-- K.

The city o' Boston owes
me a new keyboard because
I never would have noticed
it was broken i' I hadn't
tried to post this about
how the city is run by
tightly-wound a-holes who
can't tell a cartoon character
and a nuke apart.

Man, are people here going
to be scared when the
"Aqua Teen Hunger 'orce" movie
comes out. "RUN AWAY!
THE MOONINITES ARE BACK AND
THEY HAVE SOMEHOW BECOME
TEN 'EET TALL!"

ucking keyboard.

Lots42

Feb 1, 2007, 6:19:14 AM2/1/07
On Feb 1, 3:02 am, k...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:
> The guys in GlitchCrew are creative,
> wonder'ully play'ul people, and it sucks that they're now the
> 'all guys 'or Cartoon Network's inept advertising campaign.
> I've been in GlitchCrew's workshop in Cambridge a couple o' times
> and have marvelled at their ingenuity and technical skills.

Did they get -permission- from Boston City Authority Type Peoples to
slap mechanical crapola all over bridges? Because dudes, slapping
mechanical crap on bridges without permission is the dumb, post 9-11.
You might as well just try and stalk the mayor's sister for crying out
loud.

twillis

Feb 1, 2007, 8:54:13 AM2/1/07

Just in case KC officials might overreact I would like to state for
the records that

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/roboterri/ArtsyCraftsy/mooninitegreen.jpg

are not bombs. So please not be arresting me for hoaxing. Reckless
knitting, perhaps.

twillis

Feb 1, 2007, 8:55:25 AM2/1/07
On Feb 1, 5:19 am, "Lots42" <lot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Did they get -permission- from Boston City Authority Type Peoples to
> slap mechanical crapola all over bridges? Because dudes, slapping
> mechanical crap on bridges without permission is the dumb, post 9-11.
> You might as well just try and stalk the mayor's sister for crying out
> loud.

I agree that it is dumb. But I am annoyed that the Boston officials
are insisting on calling it a hoax, when it clearly wasn't.

shelly

Feb 1, 2007, 9:01:47 AM2/1/07
twillis wrote:

Twillis! Twillis! Twillis!

> I agree that it is dumb. But I am annoyed that the Boston officials
> are insisting on calling it a hoax, when it clearly wasn't.

I think that word does not mean what they think it means.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)

Jacob W. Haller

Feb 1, 2007, 9:40:27 AM2/1/07
Lots42 <lot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You might as well just try and stalk the mayor's sister for crying out
> loud.

I think that's the planned promotion for the Sealab 2021 movie.

-jwgh

--
"Only in America could something like that not happen in America."
-- Matt McIrvin, 29 November 2005

David DeLaney

Feb 1, 2007, 9:49:15 AM2/1/07
On 1 Feb 2007 05:54:13 -0800, twillis <thetw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Feb 1, 2:02 am, k...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:

Hey! twillis gets communications from Kibo but I _don't_? This is why Stacia
beacme disgruntled! USENET, HEAL THYSELF!

>> One o' the keys on my keyboard is broken. See whether you can guess
>> which one o' them. This complicates things.

Yeah, you can't reliably use certain words. I'ykwim.

>> Anyway, so you've all heard all about how the stupid city o' stupid
>> Boston was today paralyzed because someone saw OH MY GOD AN ILLUMINATED
>> AD WITH A BLINKING CARTOON CHARACTER ON IT and so called Homeland Security
>> and begged them to put all the bridges, tunnels, and subways on
>> Double Secret Anti-Hanna-Barbera Lockdown because we all know that
>> nuclear bombs show animated pictures o' Cartoon Network critters.

Yes, and we, meaning I, had speculated that we 'inally knew where you had been
lo these many months.

>> I'd just like to let you know that I had nothing to do with it

DAMMIT there goes my lunch money.

>> I've been in GlitchCrew's workshop in Cambridge a couple o' times
>> and have marvelled at their ingenuity and technical skills.

I'm sorry to hear of their current dippiculties with the City's Pinest.

>> OH NO CALL THE BOMB SQUAD IT SHOWS A MOONINITE QUICK DE'USE IT
>> BE'ORE IT CHANGES TO 'RED 'LINTSTONE!

Okay, so You Were There: _which wires did they cut_ from the threatening
battery-and-wire combinations?

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from d...@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower

Terri

Feb 1, 2007, 9:58:41 AM2/1/07
"twillis" <thetw...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Just in case KC officials might overreact I would like to state for
> the records that
>
> http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/roboterri/ArtsyCraftsy/mooniniteg
> reen.jpg
>
> are not bombs. So please not be arresting me for hoaxing. Reckless
> knitting, perhaps.

You've melted down the shotguns into knitting needles to make
angry looking little Pacmans!

POKE! POKE! POKE! JAB! JAB! POKE! POKE! POKE! JAB! JAB!

Nick Bensema

Feb 1, 2007, 10:27:38 AM2/1/07
In article <kibo-01020...@192.168.1.25>,

James "Kibo" Parry <ki...@world.std.com> wrote:
>One o' the keys on my keyboard is broken. See whether you can guess
>which one o' them. This complicates things.
>
>Anyway, so you've all heard all about how the stupid city o' stupid
>Boston was today paralyzed because someone saw OH MY GOD AN ILLUMINATED
>AD WITH A BLINKING CARTOON CHARACTER ON IT and so called Homeland Security
>and begged them to put all the bridges, tunnels, and subways on
>Double Secret Anti-Hanna-Barbera Lockdown because we all know that
>nuclear bombs show animated pictures o' Cartoon Network critters.

They did something similar when some kids build question-mark blocks
and hung them in high places.

Paranoid administrators with no sense of humor did much the same
thing except they didn't shut down the whole city because there
were only a few boxes and maybe one of them was hung from power
lines.

And the news footage was all the same: some humorless person going
"Well, before 9/11, this kind of thing would be, OH, HA HA, but now
that we're on constant elevated terror alert, pranks like this MUST
NOT BE TOLERATED," where "OH, HA HA" is pronounced sarcastically,
or as if by someone who has never laughed in their life, and imagines
it to have been invented by children to spite grownups. Someone
working for The Man said "OH HA HA" and the newscaster said "OH HA
HA" in the same cadence and thus the audience is primed to empathize
with The Man, who's being misdirected by these hooligans.

--
Nick Bensema <ni...@io.com> AIM: NBensema
==== ======= ============== http://www.io.com/~nickb/

Kevin S. Wilson

Feb 1, 2007, 11:28:41 AM2/1/07
On 1 Feb 2007 03:19:14 -0800, "Lots42" <lot...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Feb 1, 3:02 am, k...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:
>> The guys in GlitchCrew are creative,
>> wonder'ully play'ul people, and it sucks that they're now the
>> 'all guys 'or Cartoon Network's inept advertising campaign.
>> I've been in GlitchCrew's workshop in Cambridge a couple o' times
>> and have marvelled at their ingenuity and technical skills.
>
>Did they get -permission- from Boston City Authority Type Peoples to
>slap mechanical crapola all over bridges?

What, and set themselve up to receive the obvious answer?

Oma Desala

Feb 1, 2007, 1:19:33 PM2/1/07
On Feb 1, 2:02 am, k...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:
> One o' the keys on my keyboard is broken. See whether you can guess
> which one o' them. This complicates things.
>
> Anyway, so you've all heard all about how the stupid city o' stupid
> Boston was today paralyzed because someone saw OH MY GOD AN ILLUMINATED
> AD WITH A BLINKING CARTOON CHARACTER ON IT and so called Homeland Security
> and begged them to put all the bridges, tunnels, and subways on
> Double Secret Anti-Hanna-Barbera Lockdown because we all know that
> nuclear bombs show animated pictures o' Cartoon Network critters.
>
> I'd just like to let you know that I had nothing to do with it
> (although I may just head over to Toys R Us to buy a couple dozen
> Lite Brite sets tomorrow, 'cause they'll probably soon be made illegal.)
> However, I _have_ met the people who got arrested and are now
> possibly looking at hundred-year prison sentences (5 years per
> blinking advertisement thingie.) Cartoon Network apparently hired
> various people to put the signs up in ten major cities, and in Boston
> they hired a local artists' group (GlitchCrew), who are now in
> big trouble because they _made_ the city o' Boston massively
> overreact to little pictures o' Mooninites giving people the
> badly-animated 'inger. The guys in GlitchCrew are creative,
> wonder'ully play'ul people, and it sucks that they're now the
> 'all guys 'or Cartoon Network's inept advertising campaign.
> I've been in GlitchCrew's workshop in Cambridge a couple o' times
> and have marvelled at their ingenuity and technical skills.

Hmmm.I saw the two , briefly, in a press conference arguing about
their hair.Then I tried to wake up from what I thought was a practical
joke by my subconscious(or unconscious, mayhaps)Theater of the absurd?
Bored and trigger happy?Cartoon-o-phobia?It boggles.
Call me if your post causes you any undue scrutiny, because snce you
have admitted knowing intimate details (havent read the rest of the
thread-lol)I wouldnt want you to be labelled a criminal supergenius
mastermind.Not for the Lite-Brite event, anyway.

There is talk of
hauling you before
the magistrate
over
"Dianabowl 41"

_L_

Otto Bahn

Feb 1, 2007, 1:49:59 PM2/1/07
"Kevin S. Wilson" <res...@spro.net> wrote

> >> The guys in GlitchCrew are creative,
> >> wonder'ully play'ul people, and it sucks that they're now the
> >> 'all guys 'or Cartoon Network's inept advertising campaign.
> >> I've been in GlitchCrew's workshop in Cambridge a couple o' times
> >> and have marvelled at their ingenuity and technical skills.
> >
> >Did they get -permission- from Boston City Authority Type Peoples to
> >slap mechanical crapola all over bridges?
>
> What, and set themselve up to receive the obvious answer?

Something tells me I should quit stamping the phrase
"Where's Anthrax?" on paper money.

(http://www.wheresgeorge.com/ -- I actually got one
of those bills once.)

--oTTo--

Adam Funk

Feb 1, 2007, 3:04:24 PM2/1/07
On 2007-02-01, Kevin S Wilson wrote:

>>Did they get -permission- from Boston City Authority Type Peoples to
>>slap mechanical crapola all over bridges?
>
> What, and set themselve up to receive the obvious answer?

As Calvin said to Hobbes, "Questions I already know the answers to, I
don't need to ask, right?"

--
You can drown in a bathtub with an inch of water in it, and you can
easily write a completely unreadable and unmaintainable program in a

8bitwizard

Feb 1, 2007, 6:56:05 PM2/1/07

ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:

> One o' the keys on my keyboard is broken. See whether you can guess
> which one o' them. This complicates things.

> Lite Brite sets tomorrow, 'cause they'll probably soon be made illegal.)

Damn that sucks. Without your "be" key, you can't spell "beable" any
more. Or "beautiful" or "belch". Or "Bebe Winans".

I'm just annoyed that I didn't hear about this two weeks ago or I would
have been cruising downtown Austin to find one. By now they've all been
taken down by the Wii scalpers.

But don't feel too bad. At least you didn't break your "du" key, so you
can still spell "durian"!

TeaLady (Mari C.)

Feb 1, 2007, 9:13:38 PM2/1/07
"twillis" <thetw...@yahoo.com> wrote in

Well, they can't admit to be in a frothing frenzy over a few
lite-brite signs. Hoax is probably the closest word they could
come up with for "We r dum" without coming right out and saying
so.

--
TeaLady (mari)

"The principle of Race is meant to embody and express the utter
negation of human freedom, the denial of equal rights, a
challenge in the face of mankind." A. Kolnai

Tom Kraemer

Feb 1, 2007, 9:46:08 PM2/1/07
twillis <thetw...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I agree that it is dumb. But I am annoyed that the Boston officials
> are insisting on calling it a hoax, when it clearly wasn't.

While I do sort of expect the security troops in these parts to be
mostly vigilant, I also expect them to excersize a degree of
judgement. The other nine cities that were attacked by Mooninites did
not overreact in the way that Boston did. I heartily applaud the way
the two people who were arrested in this fiasco handled their press
conference, even though one of them looks like Chewbacca.

--
The difference between erotic and kinky is that one uses a feather, the
other uses a chicken.

snic...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2007, 11:00:26 PM2/1/07
On Feb 1, 2:02 am, k...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:

> and so called Homeland Security
> and begged them to put all the bridges, tunnels, and subways on
> Double Secret Anti-Hanna-Barbera Lockdown

I have "heard" from "other" "sources" that one of the guys who put
up the Mooninite Lite Brites was the one who called the authorities.
But I confess, that may have been someone's attempt at trying to make
sense of the whole situation, up to and including the artists' arrest.

> The guys in GlitchCrew are creative,
> wonder'ully play'ul people

OH I GET IT WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE.

> tightly-wound a-holes who

So, it's your "s" key that's broken?

Stacia

Adam Funk

Feb 2, 2007, 5:58:02 AM2/2/07
On 2007-02-01, twillis wrote:

> I agree that it is dumb. But I am annoyed that the Boston officials
> are insisting on calling it a hoax, when it clearly wasn't.

http://www.theregister.com/2007/02/02/mooninite_terrorists/

--> Peter Berdovsky, 27, and Sean Stevens, 28, have been charged
--> with creating a hoax leading to public disorder and
--> disorderly conduct by Boston's District Attorney.

The long arm of the law says "hoax".

--> The hoax charge is a felony, the disorderly conduct is a
--> misdemeanor.

Phew, a syntactic ambiguity resolved.

--> While charges formally came Thursday, the threatening signs
--> had been hanging over the heads of Bostonians like little
--> swords of Damocles for two or three weeks before anyone
--> mistook them for al-Qaeda handiwork.

You have been distributing harmful matter!

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Glenn Knickerbocker

Feb 2, 2007, 8:29:39 AM2/2/07
On 1 Feb 2007 05:54:13 -0800, twillis wrote:
>http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/roboterri/ArtsyCraftsy/mooninitegreen.jpg
>are not bombs.

Coincidentally, the Boston Herald reports:

>Crystal Huff, 27, a friend of Stevens' who sat in the courtroom
>crocheting, sniffed, "Turner has gotten what they want and now they're
>going to leave Sean out to dry. These are starving artists. They got a
>pittance for all this."

http://users.bestweb.net/~notr "The notion of objecting to a fake Web
ŹR site on the grounds that it might possibly incite other people
to do bad things is so dangerous to our constitutionally protected
freedoms that it must never be mentioned, even in jest." --Matt McIrvin

Kevin S. Wilson

Feb 2, 2007, 11:14:57 AM2/2/07
On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 08:29:39 -0500, Glenn Knickerbocker
<No...@bestweb.net> wrote:

>On 1 Feb 2007 05:54:13 -0800, twillis wrote:
>>http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/roboterri/ArtsyCraftsy/mooninitegreen.jpg
>>are not bombs.
>
>Coincidentally, the Boston Herald reports:
>
>>Crystal Huff, 27, a friend of Stevens' who sat in the courtroom
>>crocheting, sniffed, "Turner has gotten what they want and now they're
>>going to leave Sean out to dry. These are starving artists. They got a
>>pittance for all this."

"sniffed"?

"SNIFFED"?

That's some top-flight journalism there, boy-o. The pairing "sniffed"
with "who sat in the courtroom crocheting" leads me to believe that
we're to translate that dialog tag as "some stinky, willowy,
tenderer-than-thou hippy with no respect for the law sniffed . . ."

Otto Bahn

Feb 2, 2007, 11:29:51 AM2/2/07
"Kevin S. Wilson" <res...@spro.net> wrote

> >Coincidentally, the Boston Herald reports:

> >>Crystal Huff, 27, a friend of Stevens' who sat in the courtroom
> >>crocheting, sniffed, "Turner has gotten what they want and now they're
> >>going to leave Sean out to dry. These are starving artists. They got a
> >>pittance for all this."
>
> "sniffed"?
>
> "SNIFFED"?

When I read that I tried to come up with a "brandy snifter"
joke but couldn't make it work. My ultra-liberal school
system had a semester long class in reading through the
double-speak of advertising and propaganda. It sort of
backfired in the long run but was still a good thing.

And I have to commend them for showing "Refeer Madness" in
the auditorium so we could all have a good laugh.

> That's some top-flight journalism there, boy-o. The pairing "sniffed"
> with "who sat in the courtroom crocheting" leads me to believe that
> we're to translate that dialog tag as "some stinky, willowy,
> tenderer-than-thou hippy with no respect for the law sniffed . . ."

Just the facts, ma'am. "Crocheting", "Crystal Huff", "starving
artists", and "pittance for all this" was more than enough
information.

--oTTo--

'Tis better to have loved and won than to have never won at all

8bitwizard

Feb 2, 2007, 11:46:48 AM2/2/07
In article <fqe6s2por7r8jvp3c...@4ax.com>,
Glenn Knickerbocker <No...@bestweb.net> wrote:

> On 1 Feb 2007 05:54:13 -0800, twillis wrote:
> >http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/roboterri/ArtsyCraftsy/mooninitegreen
> >.jpg
> >are not bombs.
>
> Coincidentally, the Boston Herald reports:
>
> >Crystal Huff, 27, a friend of Stevens' who sat in the courtroom

Crystal Huff? Isn't that the latest designer drug?

Periwinkle

Feb 2, 2007, 11:54:03 AM2/2/07
On Feb 1, 9:46 pm, Tom Kraemer <tkraemer+...@world.std.com> wrote:
> twillis <thetwil...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The other nine cities that were attacked by Mooninites did
> not overreact in the way that Boston did.

In fact, from what my friends in New York City say, they were barely
aware of the signs before this happened. After this hit the news they
went looking for boxes and found them.

Glenn Knickerbocker

Feb 2, 2007, 12:22:57 PM2/2/07
"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
> we're to translate that dialog tag as "some stinky, willowy,
> tenderer-than-thou hippy with no respect for the law sniffed . . ."

Do you expect otherwise from a paper whose opinion columns have lead-ins
like "What exactly does a noncitizen have to do to get deported around
here?" and "Kerry’s continued mincing just proves he’s not so Swift"?

¬R

Thomas Armagost

Feb 2, 2007, 6:30:17 PM2/2/07
Wikipedia sez:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Ward

> An eccentric and proud of it, [Jay Ward] was known for pulling an
> unusual publicity stunt that happened to coincide with a major
> national crisis. Jay Ward bought an island in the area near his
> home and dubbed it "Moosylvania," based upon the home of his most
> famous TV character Bullwinkle. He and publicist Howard Brandy
> crossed the country in a circus wagon, gathering signatures on a
> petition for statehood for Moosylvania. They then visited
> Washington, D.C. and attempted to gain an audience with President
> John F. Kennedy. Unfortunately, they arrived at the White House
> just at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis and were escorted off
> the grounds at gunpoint.

"Past is prologue" - William Shakespeare

--
in cyberspace no one can spit in your eye
http://armagost.blogspot.com/

Lots42

Feb 4, 2007, 7:24:31 AM2/4/07

You hoity-toity New Englanders, thinking your newspapers are the only
ones crammed with incompetent, typo-spewing liberal-loving morons who
think ever article has to advance the agenda.

I've read newspapers from many different states and frankly, the only
worthwhile thing is the comics.

Glenn Knickerbocker

Feb 4, 2007, 8:34:59 AM2/4/07
On 4 Feb 2007 04:24:31 -0800, Lots42 wrote:
>You hoity-toity New Englanders, thinking your newspapers are the only
>ones crammed with incompetent, typo-spewing liberal-loving morons

Whoa, it's a good thing Kevin and I both live in New England, then, if
newspapers elsewhere like the Boston Herald are so liberal.

ŹR "The Home Shopping Network is the New Jersey of Drugs"
http://users.bestweb.net/~notr/engel.html --marika5000

Adam Funk

Feb 4, 2007, 4:54:36 PM2/4/07
On 2007-02-02, 8bitwizard wrote:

> Crystal Huff? Isn't that the latest designer drug?

http://www.theintelligencer.net/News/articles.asp?articleID=15709

--> A copy machine repairman, whose company was hired to do work
--> at St. Clairsville High School, was first thought to be
--> having an asthma attack and it looked like he was trying to
--> use an inhaler in the company van across the street from the
--> school around 10:54 a.m. Monday.
--> The man denied having asthma, and then Gazdik observed an
--> inhalant on the floor of the van, police said.

--
NO CARRIER

Tonto_Goldstein

Feb 4, 2007, 5:01:59 PM2/4/07

shelly wrote:
> twillis wrote:
>
> Twillis! Twillis! Twillis!
>
>> I agree that it is dumb. But I am annoyed that the Boston officials
>> are insisting on calling it a hoax, when it clearly wasn't.
>
> I think that word does not mean what they think it means.

I believe it is a telephonic device for axing ho's a question.

Or not.

No ' keys were harmed in the making of this message.

--

-=[ THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY NOT BLANK ]=-

Tonto_Goldstein

Feb 4, 2007, 5:07:41 PM2/4/07

Tom Kraemer wrote:
> twillis <thetw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree that it is dumb. But I am annoyed that the Boston officials
>> are insisting on calling it a hoax, when it clearly wasn't.
>
> While I do sort of expect the security troops in these parts to be
> mostly vigilant, I also expect them to excersize a degree of
> judgement. The other nine cities that were attacked by Mooninites did
> not overreact in the way that Boston did. I heartily applaud the way
> the two people who were arrested in this fiasco handled their press
> conference, even though one of them looks like Chewbacca.

Chewbacca is meen; he head-butts peeple.

What sort of exorcizes should das sicherheitstruppen do? I like
star-jumps, but only because they make mein mann-boobs bounce.

Chris McGonnell

Feb 5, 2007, 12:31:15 AM2/5/07
On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 08:34:59 -0500, Glenn Knickerbocker wrote:

>On 4 Feb 2007 04:24:31 -0800, Lots42 wrote:
>>You hoity-toity New Englanders, thinking your newspapers are the only
>>ones crammed with incompetent, typo-spewing liberal-loving morons
>
>Whoa, it's a good thing Kevin and I both live in New England, then, if
>newspapers elsewhere like the Boston Herald are so liberal.

And how 'bout that New York Post? Talk about your Commie-pinko
bleeding-heart Liberals, oozing sympathy for the poor and downtrodden.

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.

Glenn Knickerbocker

Feb 5, 2007, 12:40:08 PM2/5/07
Chris McGonnell wrote:
> And how 'bout that New York Post?

And what's the deal with in-flight magazines?

ŹR

Chris McGonnell

Feb 6, 2007, 12:04:40 AM2/6/07

And don't get me started on hospital food!

Jacob W. Haller

Feb 6, 2007, 2:13:26 PM2/6/07
Tom Kraemer <tkraem...@world.std.com> wrote:

> While I do sort of expect the security troops in these parts to be
> mostly vigilant, I also expect them to excersize a degree of
> judgement.

Weren't the dinguses in question up for a few weeks before anyone
noticed?

-jwgh

--
"Only in America could something like that not happen in America."
-- Matt McIrvin, 29 November 2005

Ross A. Finlayson

Feb 9, 2007, 1:52:42 AM2/9/07

James "Kibo" Parry wrote:
> One o' the keys on my keyboard is broken. See whether you can guess
> which one o' them. This complicates things.
>
> Anyway, so you've all heard all about how the stupid city o' stupid
> Boston was today paralyzed because someone saw OH MY GOD AN ILLUMINATED
> AD WITH A BLINKING CARTOON CHARACTER ON IT and so called Homeland Security

> and begged them to put all the bridges, tunnels, and subways on
> Double Secret Anti-Hanna-Barbera Lockdown because we all know that
> nuclear bombs show animated pictures o' Cartoon Network critters.
>
> I'd just like to let you know that I had nothing to do with it
> (although I may just head over to Toys R Us to buy a couple dozen
> Lite Brite sets tomorrow, 'cause they'll probably soon be made illegal.)
> However, I _have_ met the people who got arrested and are now
> possibly looking at hundred-year prison sentences (5 years per
> blinking advertisement thingie.) Cartoon Network apparently hired
> various people to put the signs up in ten major cities, and in Boston
> they hired a local artists' group (GlitchCrew), who are now in
> big trouble because they _made_ the city o' Boston massively
> overreact to little pictures o' Mooninites giving people the
> badly-animated 'inger. The guys in GlitchCrew are creative,

> wonder'ully play'ul people, and it sucks that they're now the
> 'all guys 'or Cartoon Network's inept advertising campaign.
> I've been in GlitchCrew's workshop in Cambridge a couple o' times
> and have marvelled at their ingenuity and technical skills.
>
> So, a couple o' the GlitchCrew guys have now been arrested and
> I would assume the remaining members -- and their counterparts
> in the other nine cities -- are probably wetting themselves
> (and not in a good way.) This really isn't making me want to
> go see the movie I wasn't planning on seeing anyway. But on
> the bright side, we did get to 'ind out which TV stations 'eel
> they need to blur out a three-pixel-wide middle 'inger.
> Those must've been the three dirtiest pixels ever!
>
> OH NO CALL THE BOMB SQUAD IT SHOWS A MOONINITE QUICK DE'USE IT
> BE'ORE IT CHANGES TO 'RED 'LINTSTONE!
>
> -- K.
>
> The city o' Boston owes
> me a new keyboard because
> I never would have noticed
> it was broken i' I hadn't
> tried to post this about
> how the city is run by
> tightly-wound a-holes who
> can't tell a cartoon character
> and a nuke apart.
>
> Man, are people here going
> to be scared when the
> "Aqua Teen Hunger 'orce" movie
> comes out. "RUN AWAY!
> THE MOONINITES ARE BACK AND
> THEY HAVE SOMEHOW BECOME
> TEN 'EET TALL!"
>
> ucking keyboard.

Hey Kibo,

Dear Kibo, will you please tell me how to start a USENET newsgroup:
sci.math.infinity?

That should get his attention. Kibo, Kibo is good.

Perhaps you could also add alt.sci.kibology or something along those
lines. Then, we could discuss Kibology in a scientific framework.

Then, there could be sci.math.foundation, and so on.

So, if you would go about aggrandizing yourself I would be happy about
that.

Thanks,

Ross F.

Ross Finlayson
Finlayson Consulting

Ross A. Finlayson

Feb 9, 2007, 2:08:15 AM2/9/07

Hi Kibo,

Would sci.math.foundations be better?

"sci.math.foundations"

Let's see, there's sci.math.research, sci.math.moderated,
sci.math.symbolic, anyways adding sci.math.infinity and
sci.math.foundations would enable all the foundations business to be
in a separate newsgroups where they could spread out.

Anyways, sci.math.foundation, then there could be that also. Look at
sci.math.research and the ArXiV, there are some 130 papers every few
weeks.

Thank you for your consideration.

Can you hear me, Kibo? Kibo, are you there? I'm asking because I
think you know.

Basically on sci.physics there is the sci.physics.research with the
sci.physics.particle, fusion and so on.

Dear Kibo, thank you very much, please help me initiate the new
newsgroup process.

I was going to post to news.answers, actually, I just thought of that
right now. I'll go do that, thanks.

Ross F.

David DeLaney

Feb 9, 2007, 11:54:47 AM2/9/07
Ross A. Finlayson <r...@tiki-lounge.com> wrote:
>Can you hear me, Kibo? Kibo, are you there? I'm asking because I
>think you know.

We think he's still there reading, but isn't talking back to us except
every month and a half when the satellites are right.

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from d...@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower

Chris McGonnell

Feb 9, 2007, 12:27:53 AM2/9/07
On 8 Feb 2007 22:52:42 -0800, Ross A. Finlayson wrote:

>Hey Kibo,
>
>Dear Kibo, will you please tell me how to start a USENET newsgroup:
>sci.math.infinity?
>
>That should get his attention. Kibo, Kibo is good.
>
>Perhaps you could also add alt.sci.kibology or something along those
>lines. Then, we could discuss Kibology in a scientific framework.
>
>Then, there could be sci.math.foundation, and so on.
>
>So, if you would go about aggrandizing yourself I would be happy about
>that.

KEEP THIS OUT OF SCI.CHEM, FOOL!

Ross A. Finlayson

Feb 11, 2007, 5:09:14 PM2/11/07

Well, should I, or not? Kibo, I think, will remind us of something.

Kibo, what if Xibo isn't evil?

Consider.

Basically I just wonder if Xibo is a ninja, or a pirate.

Xibo, of course, is the evil anti-parallel Kibo.

Well, should I post to sci.chem or not? I see no reason why I don't
even read sci.chem.

Obviously, now I do.

Ross

Ross A. Finlayson

Feb 11, 2007, 6:05:35 PM2/11/07

Oh, I did.

Thank you.

Ross

(David P.)

Mar 17, 2007, 3:17:20 AM3/17/07
k...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote:
> One o' the keys on my keyboard is broken.
> See whether you can guess which one o' them.

When are you going to produce a YouTube video
for our viewing pleasure, Mr. Rec.Video.Pro?
.
.

Chris McGonnell

Mar 17, 2007, 1:14:24 PM3/17/07

He already did; apparently you weren't e-vited.

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.

"ITYM 'Beer IS bread the way God intended.'" -- NotR

(David P.)

Mar 17, 2007, 2:22:43 PM3/17/07
Chris McGonnell <smeago...@notthisverizon.net> wrote:

> (David P.) wrote:
>
> >When are you going to produce a YouTube video
> >for our viewing pleasure, Mr. Rec.Video.Pro?
>
> He already did; apparently you weren't e-vited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-MBKMzECko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tw09xHXUhI
.
.