12 U.S. soldiers electrocuted in Iraq; House member investigating

1 view

Yaako Warrior

Mar 23, 2008, 4:39:01 PM3/23/08
12 U.S. soldiers electrocuted in Iraq; House member investigating

PITTSBURGH (AP) — A U.S. House committee chairman has begun an
investigation into the electrocutions of at least 12 service members in
Iraq, including that of a Pittsburgh soldier killed in January by a jolt
of electricity while showering.

Rep. Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and
Government Reform, said Wednesday he has asked Defense Secretary Robert
Gates to hand over documents relating to the management of electrical
systems at facilities in Iraq.

Staff Sgt. Ryan Maseth, 24, died Jan. 2 of cardiac arrest after being
electrocuted while showering at his barracks in Baghdad.

Also Wednesday, Maseth's parents filed a wrongful death lawsuit in
Allegheny County Court against KBR Inc., the Houston-based contractor
responsible for maintaining Maseth's barracks.

The lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages and costs, alleges that KBR
allowed U.S. troops to continue using electrical systems "which KBR knew
to be dangerous and knew had caused prior instances of electrocution."

"I expected that if I lost one of my sons (in the war), it would be due
to an IED or firefight," Maseth's mother, Cheryl Harris, told The
Associated Press on Wednesday. "I never expected to hear he would be
electrocuted, that something so senseless happened to him."

An Army investigation found that his death was due to improper grounding
of the electric pump that supplied water to the building, Waxman said.
Maseth died after an electrical short in the pump sent a current through
the pipes, the California Democrat wrote in his letter.

Chris Isleib, a Defense Department spokesman, said that the Pentagon has
turned the matter over to the department's inspector general for a full
investigation.

Since 2003, at least 12 service members have died in Iraq as a result of
electrocution, according to the Army and Marine Corps.

In October 2004, Waxman said in his letter, the Army issued a safety
alert that noted five soldiers had been electrocuted that year and
improper grounding was a factor in nearly all of the cases.

The letter did not give the names of victims other than Maseth. Waxman
asked that his committee be provided investigative reports on the dead
soldiers and reports and communications regarding electrical grounding
in military facilities in Iraq.

In a Jan. 21 memo responding to questions from Maseth's family, the
Army's criminal investigations division said the Chinese-made pump was
acquired before KBR took over maintenance of the building and did not
meet U.S. safety standards.

KBR declined to comment on the lawsuit Wednesday, but said it would
cooperate with agencies investigating Maseth's death. The company was
formerly owned by Halliburton Co., the oil services conglomerate once
led by Vice President Cheney.

Harris said the military initially did not tell her that her son was
electrocuted, and then told her he died "with a small electrical
appliance in the shower." Only later did she learn the truth, she said.

The investigation was sought by Rep. Jason Altmire, a Democrat who
represents a district north of Pittsburgh.

http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2008/03/22/news/13016152.txt

Message has been deleted

Gary A. Rumain the Yaako Warrior from AUZ, China , Holland, Japan, Singapore, RSA, USA, Sweden, Hong Kong, Canada, Russia, China, Denmark, UK, .........., the slayer of shitskin moslems.

Mar 24, 2008, 4:45:38 PM3/24/08
yaako_Warrior@grabbola_land.caom wrote:
> This message was cancelled from within Mozilla.
HOW TO BECOME A SHITSKIN MOSLEM - this is how: fuck goats, fuck your
mother (nikomak), molest children, wear a beekeepers outfit all the
time, never shower or bath, beat your wives, learn terrorist activities
at a maddrassa, wipe your ass with stones, sell the donkey you fucked to
a nearby village, marry a nine year-old , send your child off to an
indoctrination camp, practice thighing with little kids, ............
Practice all those and you too could become a prophet !!

Elif air ab tizak mohammad !!!!

in...@muslimmatch.com or apa...@muslimmatch.com or
politic...@googlegroups.com

--

moslem cartoon character mohammad and his bumchum allaah were child
molesting goat fuckers and nikomaks

_
/'_/)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'__'7,
/'/ / / /" /_\
('( ' /' ')
\ /
'\' _.7'
\ (
\ \

Up your ass mohammad - Elif air ab tizak!!!

in...@muslimmatch.com or apa...@muslimmatch.com or
politic...@googlegroups.com

Aviroce

Mar 24, 2008, 12:08:19 AM3/24/08
All personnel involved in this death should be punished. Yes. I
expect our soldiers be only killed by their enemies as they are trying
to do the same. But to have the soldiers die senselessly is not
acceptable.