President Bushes speech at the RNC

1 view

Count 1

Sep 2, 2004, 11:26:39 PM9/2/04
Without a doubt one of the finest political speeches given in the last 20
years of American politics.

And I'm not even that much of a fan.

People were actually crying, tears were visible on many faces. He was
humble, forthright, decisive, and clearly presented the rationale for his
decisions.

And he only alluded to the 'almighty' once.

Bob Cooper

Sep 2, 2004, 11:49:08 PM9/2/04

"Count 1" <omnipi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2pq6h0F...@uni-berlin.de...

I agree. I thought it was very impressive. Here's a quote:

"This election will also determine how America responds to the
continuing danger of terrorism — and you know where I stand.
Three days after September 11th, I stood where Americans died,
in the ruins of the Twin Towers. Workers in hard hats were
shouting to me, "Whatever it takes." A fellow grabbed me by the
arm and he said, "Do not let me down." Since that day, I wake
up every morning thinking about how to better protect our country.
I will never relent in defending America — whatever it takes."

And, here's the full text:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2E813439

Mike Craney

Sep 2, 2004, 11:52:45 PM9/2/04
In article <2pq6h0F...@uni-berlin.de>, omnipi...@yahoo.com
says...
Yep. I watched the whole thing on PBS, where the commentary is a lot
less partisan. The entire group there thought he hit a home run.

Mike

kuff (Isaac Adams)

Sep 3, 2004, 12:13:18 AM9/3/04

"Count 1" <omnipi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I liked this

"Anyone who wants more details on my agenda can find them online. The web
address is not very imaginative, but it's easy to remember: GeorgeWBush.com."

Atheist

Sep 3, 2004, 7:04:17 AM9/3/04

Count 1 <omnipi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

The speech was good. Some very poignant moments. Put together with Miller's,
Cheney's and Arnold's, the republicans' message came through powerfully.
George even seemed choked up himself for a moment when talking about US
soldiers and their families.

My favorite line (delivered with perfect Bush smug): "Some folks look at me
and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called "walking.""

Also noted: Republican women are prettier than dem Dem dames.

kuff (Isaac Adams)

Sep 3, 2004, 7:47:25 AM9/3/04

"Atheist" <ath...@atheism.com> wrote in message

Also noted, in the past, by Coulter.

Atheist

Sep 3, 2004, 8:12:22 AM9/3/04

kuff (Isaac Adams) <kuf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Yes, right-wing women are both prettier and smarter.

kuff (Isaac Adams)

Sep 3, 2004, 8:32:34 AM9/3/04

"Atheist" <ath...@atheism.com> wrote in message

They do make nice objects. Know how to treat a man.

::ducks::

brickbat

Sep 3, 2004, 8:26:50 PM9/3/04
In article <2pq6h0F...@uni-berlin.de>,
"Count 1" <omnipi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

You mean Karl Rove?

brickbat

Sep 3, 2004, 8:27:50 PM9/3/04
In article <41385833$1...@127.0.0.1>,

Well, what happened to Coulter, then?

kuff (Isaac Adams)

Sep 3, 2004, 8:33:34 PM9/3/04

"brickbat" <bric...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Nothing I think. Oh, wait. She said it in a column for USA Today but the
editors got freaky and didn't publish it.

Didn't hurt her rep one bit so I suppose nothing happened to her.

brickbat

Sep 3, 2004, 8:56:17 PM9/3/04
In article <1NRZc.141200$Lj.128772@fed1read03>,
"Bob Cooper" <rcoo...@cox.net> wrote:

I liked the muslim invocation.

kuff (Isaac Adams)

Sep 3, 2004, 9:12:17 PM9/3/04

> In article <1NRZc.141200$Lj.128772@fed1read03>,
> "Bob Cooper" <rcoo...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> "Count 1" <omnipi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Without a doubt one of the finest political speeches given in the last 20
>> > years of American politics.
>> >
>> > And I'm not even that much of a fan.
>> >
>> > People were actually crying, tears were visible on many faces. He was
>> > humble, forthright, decisive, and clearly presented the rationale for his
>> > decisions.
>> >
>> > And he only alluded to the 'almighty' once.
>>
>> I agree. I thought it was very impressive. Here's a quote:
>>
>> "This election will also determine how America responds to the
>> continuing danger of terrorism - and you know where I stand.

>> Three days after September 11th, I stood where Americans died,
>> in the ruins of the Twin Towers. Workers in hard hats were
>> shouting to me, "Whatever it takes." A fellow grabbed me by the
>> arm and he said, "Do not let me down." Since that day, I wake
>> up every morning thinking about how to better protect our country.
>> I will never relent in defending America - whatever it takes."

>> And, here's the full text:
>>
>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2E813439
>>

> I liked the muslim invocation.

You have a link for the text of that?

brickbat

Sep 4, 2004, 12:45:10 AM9/4/04
In article <41391...@127.0.0.1>,

"kuff \(Isaac Adams\)" <kuf...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Nope. That wasn't covered on network news.

brickbat

Sep 4, 2004, 12:47:23 AM9/4/04
In article <41390bc2$1...@127.0.0.1>,

I meant beauty-wise. : )

kuff (Isaac Adams)

Sep 4, 2004, 10:13:11 AM9/4/04

"brickbat" <bric...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ha, ha. Ooops, I missed you intent.

Personally I think she's attractive and my RNA is 'interested'.

Bob Cooper

Sep 4, 2004, 10:25:46 AM9/4/04

"brickbat" <bric...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

No, you didn't. And, neither did I.