HINDU RENAISSANCE INSPIRED BY ENGLISH by Priyadarsi Dutta

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Mar 29, 2010, 3:31:02 AM3/29/10
Hindu renaissance inspired by English

By Priyadarsi Dutta
Editorial
The Pioneer
http://www.dailypioneer.com
Monday, March 29, 2010

Whipping the dead horse of British Raj continues to be the favourite
pastime of intellectuals. They, however, clinically eschew Islam that
wreaked havoc on India for six centuries prior to the British
ascendancy. They would also refrain from commenting upon how
Nehruvian policies resulted in our taking a demurred view of
ourselves. Pawan K Verma's interview, "Énglish cannot be given
primacy over the language of our culture" (March 25) is another such
instance. Swami Vivekananda, Sri Aurobindo, Ananda Coomaraswamy, CP
Ramaswamy Aiyar, KP Jaiswal, and RC Majumdar all received colonial
education and wrote their works in English. Yet, it is difficult to
find a larger constellation of nationalists before or after the
British era.

Verma, in his interview, has dropped no hint as to why a Hindu
renaissance occurred under the British rule whereas in independent
India the appellation 'Hindu' has been stigmatised and made
contemptuous. This emasculation is the real reason why our cultural
greatness has fallen off the discourse. Verma is equally silent on
why the English language, believed to be predatory, stimulated a
literary florescence in all Indian languages in the 19th century.
Actually, it is the advent of the printing press to India in 1772 and
the development of Indian-language fonts and dictionaries by the
British that spurred the growth of modern Indian literature more than
anything else.

Verma, by being harsh on Raja Ram Mohun Roy, has demeaned a stalwart
who re-introduced the Upanishads in public discourse. Verma's
assertion that Ram Mohun Roy argued for permanent residency of the
British and mixed marriages with Indians is fallacious. Roy,
appearing before the Select Committee of the House of Common in 1832,
gave a judicious opinion on the advantages and disadvantages of
Europeans settling in India. The subject of inter-marriage was not
even broached. Roy said, "On mature consideration, therefore, I think
I may safely recommend that educated persons of character and capital
should be permitted to settle in India ... and the result of this
experiment may serve as a guide in any future legislation on this
subject".

More at:
http://www.dailypioneer.com

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

Franz Gnaedinger

Mar 29, 2010, 5:26:23 AM3/29/10
Jay Stevens alias Dr. Jai Maharaj, adorning his false name
with a false title, pretends to engage himself for the Hindu
community while all he cares for is the money he makes
via his astrological enterprise, fishing for Hindu clients,
because the Hindi are numerous, and especially prone
to superstition, he believes. A sociopath fools people
about his intentions while pursuing his own interests.
Jay Stevens alias Dr. Jai Maharaj is a classical sociopath.
He believes that he found the almost perfect scheme of
turning even child abuse into money. And he most freely
abuses our scientific forum of sci.lang. He is now leading
his second long-time attack on our scientific forum, more
aggressively than ever. Must have to do with the approaching
year 2012 that makes astrologers crazy and creep out of
their holes: another magic year to freighten people and thus
make money!

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Mar 29, 2010, 6:10:18 AM3/29/10
In article <e02e16ac-9678-407a...@e7g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>,
Franz Gnaedinger <fr...@bluemail.ch> posted:

> . . .

Mar 29, 2010, 6:11:33 AM3/29/10

Monday, March 29, 2010

Whipping the dead horse of British Raj continues to be the favourite
pastime of intellectuals. They, however, clinically eschew Islam that
wreaked havoc on India for six centuries prior to the British
ascendancy. They would also refrain from commenting upon how
Nehruvian policies resulted in our taking a demurred view of

ourselves. Pawan K Verma's interview, "�nglish cannot be given

Dušan Vukotić

Mar 29, 2010, 7:11:10 AM3/29/10

fanabba

Mar 29, 2010, 7:39:16 AM3/29/10
On Mar 29, 6:11�am, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.

Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> Hindu renaissance inspired by English
>
> By Priyadarsi Dutta
> Editorial
> The Pioneerhttp://www.dailypioneer.com

Dhanyavaad ! Great article !

Franz Gnaedinger

Mar 29, 2010, 8:46:02 AM3/29/10

As for grapheus, whose true name was Marie Jean Faucounau:
he was my first longtime online stalker, a full blown psychopath
and a liar liar liar. He stalked me from 2001 till June 2005 when
I left his lawyer no other option than to silence his client. And
the millien article: it was written by a mathematician, punishing
me for saying that geometry was not invented by the Greeks
but by the Egyptians and Mesopotamians, and that the Indians
anticipated a lot of western mathematics. I am defending Indian
mathematics, and it was an Indian mathematician who defended
me in the math-history-list. I am defending the Egyptian,
Mesopotamian and Indian genius, and have been punished
for it.

Franz Gnaedinger

Mar 29, 2010, 8:49:30 AM3/29/10

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Mar 29, 2010, 8:54:22 AM3/29/10
In article <5b54f59a-9a2a-4b3c...@h27g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Franz Gnaedinger <fr...@bluemail.ch> posted:

> Jay Stevens alias Dr. Jai Maharaj adorning his false name . . .

Tou have proven yourself to be a liar here.
The only name I use is my real name, which is Jai Maharaj.

> with a false title, [more malicious lies by Franz Gnaedinger deleted]

I use no "false title" either, as you claim.

> As for grapheus, whose true name was Marie Jean Faucounau:
> he was my first longtime online stalker, a full blown psychopath
> and a liar liar liar. He stalked me from 2001 till June 2005 when
> I left his lawyer no other option than to silence his client. And
> the millien article: it was written by a mathematician, punishing
> me for saying that geometry was not invented by the Greeks
> but by the Egyptians and Mesopotamians, and that the Indians
> anticipated a lot of western mathematics. I am defending Indian
> mathematics, and it was an Indian mathematician who defended
> me in the math-history-list. I am defending the Egyptian,
> Mesopotamian and Indian genius, and have been punished
> for it.

Post your articles defending Bharatiya mathematics and mathematicians.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

In article <419d11de-e46e-40ca...@r27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

harmony

Mar 29, 2010, 12:07:40 PM3/29/10

Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> Hindu renaissance inspired by English
>
> By Priyadarsi Dutta
> Editorial
> The Pioneerhttp://www.dailypioneer.com
> Monday, March 29, 2010

Dhanyavaad ! Great article !

-----------------
very interesting.
i have killed file that kirastani franz guy.

Franz Gnaedinger

Mar 29, 2010, 12:53:12 PM3/29/10

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Mar 30, 2010, 11:31:42 AM3/30/10
In article <4bb0d04e$0$12458$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> "fanabba" <fan...@aol.com> wrote in message
> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
> > Hindu renaissance inspired by English
> >
> > By Priyadarsi Dutta
> > Editorial
> > The Pioneerhttp://www.dailypioneer.com
> > Monday, March 29, 2010
> >

> Dhanyavaad ! Great article !
>
> -----------------
> very interesting.
> i have killed file that kirastani franz guy.

He and others like him actually help widen the distribution
of my posts in a number of ways.

Franz Gnaedinger

Mar 30, 2010, 1:37:03 PM3/30/10

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Mar 31, 2010, 10:13:47 AM3/31/10
In article <4bb0d04e$0$12458$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> "fanabba" <fan...@aol.com> wrote in message
> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
> > Hindu renaissance inspired by English
> >
> > By Priyadarsi Dutta
> > Editorial
> > The Pioneerhttp://www.dailypioneer.com
> > Monday, March 29, 2010
> >

> Dhanyavaad ! Great article !

> very interesting.
> i have killed file that kirastani franz guy.

He and others like him actually help widen the distribution

of my posts in a number of ways.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

Dušan Vukotić