Prop 8 Gaining Support

1 view

Chief Thracian

Oct 9, 2008, 12:31:03 AM10/9/08
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=55&entry_id=31284

It's no fun in the gay marriage spotlight

Yes, yes, we're talking about that ad again.

The pundits are crediting the Yes on 8 ad -- the one starring Mayor
Gavin Newsom -- with a recent uptick in support for the same-sex
marriage proposition. The mayor, who last week seemed fairly
unconcerned about the ad, was a little more chagrined Wednesday.
Especially after a trip to Long Beach over the weekend, where he said
the commercial is playing "day and night."

"I watch that commercial and I just cringe. Candidly, I'm embarrassed
by it," he said. "And it's horrible because 30 million people have
seen it."

That said, Newsom added that he doesn't regret his "Howard Dean"
moment.

"It's who I am," he said. "I'm going to be passionate, and the minute
I'm not passionate get rid of me because I'm a dime a dozen."

Newsom said the No on 8 campaign is preparing a series of its own TV
and radio advertisements. Starring the mayor? No way, says Newsom.

Posted By: Erin Allday (Email) | October 08 2008 at 06:52 PM

juanjo

Oct 9, 2008, 1:51:02 AM10/9/08
On Oct 8, 9:31 pm, ezeki...@qwickconnect.net (Chief Thracian) wrote:
> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=55&entry_id=...

No one expected this election to be easy. The race is neck and neck
and we need to get the word out to everyone to vote No on this measure.

No One

Oct 9, 2008, 2:08:17 AM10/9/08
juanjo <jonp...@mindspring.com> writes:

> No one expected this election to be easy. The race is neck and neck
> and we need to get the word out to everyone to vote No on this measure.

In addition, the opposition to Prop 8 is behind in funding, which
means that people whose opinions aren't set in concrete are hearing
one side more than the other.

The unfortunate reality is that getting the word out on TV is
expensive, and TV ads have a significant influence.

Chief Thracian

Oct 11, 2008, 2:32:40 PM10/11/08
On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 23:08:17 -0700, No One <no...@nospam.pacbell.net>
wrote:

>The unfortunate reality is that getting the word out on TV is
>expensive, and TV ads have a significant influence.

Especially when LIES are broadcast, with NO oversight by any legal
authority. Just like "truth in advertising".

There is NO winning any battle when the good guys persist in playing
fair against their enemies who do NOT. Didn't we learn that lesson in
WWII, against the Nazi enemy? Can you say "Neville Chamberlain"?

The ONLY way I see it, that gays can win their rights, is to model our
political strategy upon the allied resistance of WWII. Did we not have
to be unabashadly AGGRESSIVE and SECRETIVE against the enemy, to have
any HOPE of gaining the upper hand?

For one, only until MORE queers treat our position as identical to
WAR, will we cease playing nicey-nice, and put on the full body armor,
and upgrade our arsenal to 100% offensive tactics.

No One

Oct 11, 2008, 3:25:02 PM10/11/08
ezek...@qwickconnect.net (Chief Thracian) writes:

> On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 23:08:17 -0700, No One <no...@nospam.pacbell.net>
> wrote:
>
>>The unfortunate reality is that getting the word out on TV is
>>expensive, and TV ads have a significant influence.
>
> Especially when LIES are broadcast, with NO oversight by any legal
> authority. Just like "truth in advertising".
>
> There is NO winning any battle when the good guys persist in playing
> fair against their enemies who do NOT. Didn't we learn that lesson in
> WWII, against the Nazi enemy? Can you say "Neville Chamberlain"?

I hate to let reality raise its ugly head, but there is less than one
month to go before the election. You can't change the system in a
few weeks. You can, however, exploit it by putting your money where
your mouth is and contributing something to the "No On Eight"
campaign. Any amount is OK - if you can only afford $20, give them
$20. If you can't afford $20, spend some time at a phone bank (or
do both). But if you just mouth off on usenet, you'll have only
yourself to blame if Proposition Eight passes.

Message has been deleted

Chief Thracian

Oct 16, 2008, 1:38:24 PM10/16/08
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 01:31:48 GMT, LeRoy Blue <lero...@billon.net>
wrote:

>But you are already terribly offensive. That's why you are found to be
>disgusting and disliked so much.

Uh, NEWS FLASH: Most netizens appreciate my inpute. Excepting of
course, right-wingers, neocons, and smarmy little queer cliques of
which you are obviously a member. Now go change your diapers, you're
beginning to stink.

--
Final Testament (Gay Quran)
http://www.gay-bible.org