Re: Forgiveness

Joshua David Williams

Jun 2, 2007, 10:59:06 AM6/2/07
Ssam wrote:

> FORGIVENESS
> (...) Forgiveness is that operation of the Divine Mind which relieves
> man of the penalties of his sins that he has committed, and permits him to
> turn from his evil thoughts and deeds, and seek the love of the Father;
> and if he earnestly seeks, find the happiness which is waiting for him to
> obtain. It does not violate any law that God has established to prevent
> man from avoiding the penalties of his violations of the law of God
> controlling his conduct.

Pardon my ignorance, but I was under the impression that there were no gods
in the Church of Emacs :-P I must say that when I read the subject, I
assumed that someone was asking for forgiveness for using a proprietary
program!

--
Joshua David Williams

(QDOS == "Quick & Dirty Operating System) --> (DOS == "Dirty Operating
System")

David Kastrup

Jun 2, 2007, 3:19:48 PM6/2/07
Joshua David Williams <yurim...@gmail.com> writes:

> Ssam wrote:
>
>> FORGIVENESS
>> (...) Forgiveness is that operation of the Divine Mind which relieves
>> man of the penalties of his sins that he has committed, and permits him to
>> turn from his evil thoughts and deeds, and seek the love of the Father;
>> and if he earnestly seeks, find the happiness which is waiting for him to
>> obtain. It does not violate any law that God has established to prevent
>> man from avoiding the penalties of his violations of the law of God
>> controlling his conduct.
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but I was under the impression that there were
> no gods in the Church of Emacs :-P

I have beheld the tarball of 22.1 on ftp.gnu.org with my own eyes.
How can you say that there is no God in the Church of Emacs?

--
David Kastrup

srandby

Jun 2, 2007, 5:25:31 PM6/2/07
On Jun 2, 3:19 pm, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:

We know that vivivi is the mark of the beast and if there is no god,
then there is no beast. As the mark of the beast manifests itself in
comp.editors, the beast must exist. Therefore, the god of the Church
of Emacs exists.

Without our god, we would not have the sacred source code which shows
us the way to freedom.

Greg Menke

Jun 3, 2007, 8:22:38 AM6/3/07

srandby <sra...@gmail.com> writes:

Ahh pshaw, who needs a god when you already have doctrine?

Gregm

Juhapekka Tolvanen

Jun 11, 2007, 11:25:42 AM6/11/07

David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> writes:

> I have beheld the tarball of 22.1 on ftp.gnu.org with my own eyes. How
> can you say that there is no God in the Church of Emacs?

All hail emacs, the only text editor that can save your soul!

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"Denn du bist was du isst und ihr wisst was es ist. Es ist mein Teil – nein.