Dr. Louis Bluth

Etznab

Mar 7, 2010, 6:21:39 PM3/7/10
Someplace I heard that the Dr. was a follower
of Sawan Singh. I assume this was before he
met Paul Twitchell.

When was that? I think David Lane thought he
(Dr. Louis Bluth) met Paul Twitchell in 1965 &
after Eckankar was founded.

Well, my query is about what Dr. Louis Bluth
was following prior to Eckankar. Does anybody
know? I mean, for how long was he a follower
of Sawan Singh?

If he was an active follower of Sawan Singh in
1948, who did Bluth follow after S.S. died?

If Bluth was an active follower of S.S. does that
mean he then followed Kirpal Singh after 1948?
Because there was another Radasoami guru in
1948. Maharaj Sardar Bahadur Jagat Singh Ji.
The person who wrote The Science of the Soul.
Jagat Singh died in 1951.

"[....] He talked little, used words sparingly, went
straight to the point - often quite bluntly. At such
moments, His quiet brown eyes would light up with
a flash.

"He died quietly early on the morning of the 23rd
October, 1951. The day before, He had dictated
His will and given instructions about His funeral."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardar_Bahadur_Jagat_Singh

Here is a picture.

http://www.radhasoamiji.in/babajagat.html

This is my main question. Did Dr. Louis Bluth
follow that guy? Or did he follow Kirpal Singh
after Sawan Singh died in 1948?

Does anybody know if Dr. Louis Bluth was active
in Radasoami prior to becoming the President of
Eckankar? I'm asking because I don't know.

Etznab

Doug

Mar 7, 2010, 8:27:09 PM3/7/10

My understanding is that Dr. Bluth was a follower of Radha Soami
Satsang Beas, which means that after Sawan Singh died, Jagat Singh was
the Guru for a short period and then Charan Singh became the Guru.

The Beas group was opposed to Kirpal's splitting off and forming his
own teaching. So, he would not have had any love lost over Kirpal.

I believe Dr. Bluth first met Paul around 1966.

TianYue

Mar 9, 2010, 3:14:07 AM3/9/10

In a lecture by Bluth that I attended, Bluth stated that he followed
Radhasoami for 17 years before he joined Eckankar.

Bluth was an acupuncturist as well as an MD (a bit of trivia for you,
Etznab.)

He was rather full of himself, in my view.

Tianyue

Etznab

Mar 10, 2010, 5:41:10 PM3/10/10

Thanks for sharing. I did not know that.

If correct, I think it possible Dr. Bluth was a chela when
Jagat Singh followed Sawan Singh in 1948.

Sardar Bahadur Jagat Singh (1884 – 1951): 1948 – 1951

Etznab