E-Bay item of interest

1 view

Hnikar

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
I got this via e-mail and thought it might be of interest. I'm not
involved in the auction, so what's below is all I know of it...

Title of item: Julleuchter Odinist Asatru Ritual Candlestick
Seller: ev...@mmnsk.8m.com
Starts: Apr-03-00 21:11:43 PDT
Ends: Apr-13-00 21:11:43 PDT
Price: Starts at $65.00
To bid on the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=300413861

Item Description:
ANCIENT GERMANIC RITUAL ITEM!! This is a new kiln-fired clay hand-made
Julleucter (in English, Yule Candlestick). It measures 8.5 inches tall.
It was made ritually by an Odinist member of the Odinic Rite. The
Julleuchter, aka "Hearth Tower", is used predominantly in the European
Odinist / Asatru community (and in the USA by the Odinic Rite Vinland),
as the holder of the sacred flame. To illustrate its use, here is a
description, courtesy of the Odinic Rite Vinland, of its use at the Jul-
fest. "A candle (last years Summit-Candle) is placed "under the tower"
on the evening of the Winter Solstice, to symbolize the death of the
Sun, as prior to this time it is the dark part of the year. A new
candle is placed on the summit (fittingly called the Summit-Candle),
ready to be lit. The candle "under the tower" is lit. From this, we
take a twig and pass it through the Hagal Rune, and light the twig from
the candle's flame. Then we bring the lit twig out through the Hagal
Rune. If the twig's flame goes out going through the Rune, it is to be
considered a bad omen for the coming year. If it does not, we must take
the twig and light the candle on the summit, symbolizing the Rebirth of
the Sun. Then the lower candle is put out with the twig...." According
to the Odinic Rite Vinland, they use the Hearth Tower (as they call it)
for all holy Fests - and the use obviously varies with each fest. We
understand that Julleuchter has been in use by Odinists / Asatruar for
a long time, as similar examples have been found in the past and are in
various museums in Europe. We will provide the winner with a brief
description detailing its use etc. Regarding payment, we accept money
orders, Visa/MC through PAYPAL only, and cashiers cheques. Winning
bidder to pay $10 for priority mail and insurance. BEST OF LUCK!

Visit eBay, the world's largest Personal Trading Community
athttp://www.ebay.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.