The Guy With The Gun and other Bad Scientology Behavior

MarkE...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2008, 7:47:34 PM3/16/08
Of all things Los Angeles Scientology needs to be called out for, it's
the now infamous "guy with the gun." When a masked Anonymous member
alerted me, I immediately approached the guy and snapped a cell phone
shot of his clearly visible sidearm. When I asked why he was
practically brandishing a gun in the midst of a peaceful protest, he
told me, "I'm looking for someone... I'm sorry." I would have given
the dude a pass if he was looking for a relative ensnared in the cult,
but this guy was definitely hired muscle -- he was spotted smugly
guarding an exit at the Shrine Auditorium later on. Scientology is now
busted for being armed and dangerous -- watch for the LA Weekly story
later this week.

Also, let me echo Skip Press' sentiments about their noise defense.
What kind of "religion" short of Fred Phelps' wackos would crank up
the volume to such a degree in a hospital AND residential zone?
Answer: Scientology.

Finally, the LAPD needs to be called out a bit:

A couple of the more roughneck cops were being complete assholes at
Big Blue. They were obnoxiously uncooperative (ask Graham Berry) when
it came to verifying whether or not Scientology actually had valid
permits to close down L Ron Hubbard Way, and - when questioned about
it - they were just fucking rude and dismissive. Remember - the LAPD
takes blood money from Scientology by way of donations (read: bribes)
to their various youth programs, and that probably explains the
behavior of those two. Otherwise, most of the cops were awesome.

- Ebner

Skipper

Mar 16, 2008, 8:21:30 PM3/16/08
In article
<2d363a31-7487-424d...@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
<"MarkE...@gmail.com"> wrote:

> Of all things Los Angeles Scientology needs to be called out for, it's
> the now infamous "guy with the gun." When a masked Anonymous member
> alerted me, I immediately approached the guy and snapped a cell phone
> shot of his clearly visible sidearm. When I asked why he was
> practically brandishing a gun in the midst of a peaceful protest, he
> told me, "I'm looking for someone... I'm sorry." I would have given
> the dude a pass if he was looking for a relative ensnared in the cult,
> but this guy was definitely hired muscle -- he was spotted smugly
> guarding an exit at the Shrine Auditorium later on. Scientology is now
> busted for being armed and dangerous -- watch for the LA Weekly story
> later this week.

I got a very good picture of the big fat stooge in the camel-hair
jacket as well. :-)

> Also, let me echo Skip Press' sentiments about their noise defense.
> What kind of "religion" short of Fred Phelps' wackos would crank up
> the volume to such a degree in a hospital AND residential zone?
> Answer: Scientology.
>
> Finally, the LAPD needs to be called out a bit:
>
> A couple of the more roughneck cops were being complete assholes at
> Big Blue. They were obnoxiously uncooperative (ask Graham Berry) when
> it came to verifying whether or not Scientology actually had valid
> permits to close down L Ron Hubbard Way, and - when questioned about
> it - they were just fucking rude and dismissive. Remember - the LAPD
> takes blood money from Scientology by way of donations (read: bribes)
> to their various youth programs, and that probably explains the
> behavior of those two. Otherwise, most of the cops were awesome.
>
> - Ebner

Amen about the two cops. The term jackbooted thug would be appropriate.

Anonymous

Mar 16, 2008, 8:29:30 PM3/16/08

Are you planning to release the image of the gun? I'm pretty certain
it'd add weight to reporting organisations like Wikinews and others.

- A Concerned Anon

phil scott

Mar 16, 2008, 8:43:39 PM3/16/08
On Mar 16, 5:29 pm, Anonymous <anonym...@anonymous.com> wrote:
> - A Concerned Anon- Hide quoted text -

I had a standing offer out to the cults thug, eugene Ingram, to come
by my place with his pop gun in hand and that I would jam it up his
ass..... i kept one of those large jars of vaseline around for the
purpose....these gun brandishng morons have no balls, no
integrity...nothing. .... or they wouldnt be at such crappy levels in
the business.

Phil scott

Skipper

Mar 16, 2008, 9:12:44 PM3/16/08
In article
<c116cdac-f97c-41c5...@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
phil scott <ph...@philscott.net> wrote:

LOL, good point!

Scene from a private eye convention, guy onstage testifying -

DICK
I tell you, people, my career was at its lowest point ever. It was so
bad I had to take a job with $cientology!

AUDIENCE
Ewwwwwwwwwww!

Dick hangs head and cries.

Alert

Mar 16, 2008, 10:06:13 PM3/16/08
Here's a clip of the thug
http://vimeo.com/791419

I have to apologize to the owners of that clip, as I have ripped it
off and have uploaded it onto youtube.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR8cd4Mp2dc

People need to see this guys face, and they also need to see that
hubbard isnt fucking around when he says shit like "We're playing for
blood, the stake is EARTH" and " We're not playing some minor game in
Scientology. It isn't cute or something to do for lack of something
better."

What kind of context would it take with relation to some would-be
cultist carrying an effin firearm at a peaceful protest, for the above
2 quotes from hubbard NOT to strike fear into those who dare speak
out?

Alert

Mar 16, 2008, 10:21:12 PM3/16/08
On Mar 17, 1:06 pm, Alert <flicking_you...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a clip of the thug

http://vimeo.com/791419

> I have to apologize to the owners of that clip, as I have ripped it
> off and have uploaded it onto youtube.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR8cd4Mp2dc

Repaired link

Quaoar

Mar 16, 2008, 10:41:03 PM3/16/08

cultxpt

Mar 16, 2008, 10:53:54 PM3/16/08
On Mar 16, 7:06 pm, Alert <flicking_you...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a clip of the thughttp://vimeo.com/791419

And that raises the question, who was he planning to shoot?

JAFAW

Mar 16, 2008, 11:14:51 PM3/16/08

"Quaoar" <qua...@marcabfleet.net> wrote in message

alternative copy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cl-J_q3J8

Alert

Mar 16, 2008, 11:16:59 PM3/16/08
On Mar 17, 1:41 pm, Quaoar <qua...@marcabfleet.net> wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR8cd4Mp2dc

> It still fails to load.

Over 100 views already, Q.

It seems to be working by all indications, bar you and Kilia

On Mar 17, 1:53 pm, cultxpt <cult...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And that raises the question, who was he planning to shoot

Ducks in a pond?

Tom N

Mar 17, 2008, 12:30:08 AM3/17/08
On Mar 16, 4:47 pm, "MarkEbne...@gmail.com" <MarkEbne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Of all things Los Angeles Scientology needs to be called out for, it's
> the now infamous "guy with the gun." When a masked Anonymous member
> alerted me, I immediately approached the guy and snapped a cell phone
> shot of his clearly visible sidearm. When I asked why he was
> practically brandishing a gun in the midst of a peaceful protest, he
> told me, "I'm looking for someone... I'm sorry." I would have given
> the dude a pass if he was looking for a relative ensnared in the cult,
> but this guy was definitely hired muscle -- he was spotted smugly
> guarding an exit at the Shrine Auditorium later on. Scientology is now
> busted for being armed and dangerous -- watch for the LA Weekly story
> later this week.

So its okay for people looking for relatives supposedly "ensnared in
the cult" to carry sidearms, but not for a hired security guard?

Can you chew gum and walk at the same time?

You are wearing masks like terrorists and skyjackers and
bank robbers, you effing moron! And you've made it clear to
the world that you HATE Scientologists.

Hiring armed security guards when you are around is a very
rational decision on the part of the Church of Scientology.
And quite legal.

What do you expect them to do? Welcome you with open arms?

> Also, let me echo Skip Press' sentiments about their noise defense.
> What kind of "religion" short of Fred Phelps' wackos would crank up
> the volume to such a degree in a hospital AND residential zone?
> Answer: Scientology.
>
> Finally, the LAPD needs to be called out a bit:
>
> A couple of the more roughneck cops were being complete assholes at
> Big Blue. They were obnoxiously uncooperative (ask Graham Berry) when
> it came to verifying whether or not Scientology actually had valid
> permits to close down L Ron Hubbard Way, and - when questioned about
> it - they were just fucking rude and dismissive.

You are very funny. You wear masks and preach hatred for a religious
minority and expect to be treated like upstanding citizens who are
out shopping.

> Remember - the LAPD
> takes blood money from Scientology by way of donations (read: bribes)
> to their various youth programs, and that probably explains the
> behavior of those two. Otherwise, most of the cops were awesome.

"Blood money"? That's compensation paid to the family of a murdered
person.

Did you graduate from the 8th grade?

Anyone else in the world, any rational person, would think that
donating
money to youth programs run by the LAPD was a wonderful thing.

I really get the impression that many of the members of 'anonymous'
are simply idiots.

Tom Newton

arka...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2008, 12:53:16 AM3/17/08

Thanks Tom. You really are fair and balanced.

anothers...@hotmail.com

Mar 17, 2008, 1:06:02 AM3/17/08
On Mar 16, 9:53 pm, arkas...@gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks Tom. You really are fair and balanced.- Hide quoted text -

*chuckle*

Another Surfer

Skip

Mar 17, 2008, 1:16:56 AM3/17/08
In article
<024f75d2-79d8-4c9f...@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
Tom N <simple...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 16, 4:47 pm, "MarkEbne...@gmail.com" <MarkEbne...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Of all things Los Angeles Scientology needs to be called out for, it's
> > the now infamous "guy with the gun." When a masked Anonymous member
> > alerted me, I immediately approached the guy and snapped a cell phone
> > shot of his clearly visible sidearm. When I asked why he was
> > practically brandishing a gun in the midst of a peaceful protest, he
> > told me, "I'm looking for someone... I'm sorry." I would have given
> > the dude a pass if he was looking for a relative ensnared in the cult,
> > but this guy was definitely hired muscle -- he was spotted smugly
> > guarding an exit at the Shrine Auditorium later on. Scientology is now
> > busted for being armed and dangerous -- watch for the LA Weekly story
> > later this week.
>
> So its okay for people looking for relatives supposedly "ensnared in
> the cult" to carry sidearms, but not for a hired security guard?
>
> Can you chew gum and walk at the same time?

Mark writes books and has his own TV show, you looneybird.

You write bullshit on newsgroups and belong on a TV show -
Jerry Springer.

Anonology

Mar 17, 2008, 1:26:57 AM3/17/08
Personally I find nothing sinister about someone carrying a gun who
has a concealed carry permit... carry permits are given only to people
with no felony record, and no violent offenses period. One should not
assume a person has evil motives just because he carries a firearm, or
works for scientology. I would rather face off against a licensed
armed guard working for scientology than one of their OSA goons
without a weapon... at least with the armed guard, you know he has an
awful lot to lose if he misbehaves, whereas the goon will only be
rewarded for misdeeds...

feministe

Mar 17, 2008, 2:18:28 AM3/17/08
"Tom N" <simple...@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de

> On Mar 16, 4:47 pm, "MarkEbne...@gmail.com" <MarkEbne...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Of all things Los Angeles Scientology needs to be called out for, it's
>> the now infamous "guy with the gun." When a masked Anonymous member
>> alerted me, I immediately approached the guy and snapped a cell phone
>> shot of his clearly visible sidearm. When I asked why he was
>> practically brandishing a gun in the midst of a peaceful protest, he
>> told me, "I'm looking for someone... I'm sorry." I would have given
>> the dude a pass if he was looking for a relative ensnared in the cult,
>> but this guy was definitely hired muscle -- he was spotted smugly
>> guarding an exit at the Shrine Auditorium later on. Scientology is now
>> busted for being armed and dangerous -- watch for the LA Weekly story
>> later this week.
>
> So its okay for people looking for relatives supposedly "ensnared in
> the cult" to carry sidearms, but not for a hired security guard?

Indeeed, a******e. You're not supposed to try to attack peaceful protesters
with arms, and your guy IS a clam, not a simple guard, a******e.

zeeorger

Mar 17, 2008, 2:42:55 AM3/17/08
wrote:
> Of all things Los Angeles Scientology needs to be called out for, it's
> the now infamous "guy with the gun."  ...

> Finally, the LAPD needs to be called out a bit:
>
> A couple of the more roughneck cops were being complete assholes at
> Big Blue.  They were obnoxiously uncooperative (ask Graham Berry) when
> it came to verifying whether or not Scientology actually had valid
> permits to close down L Ron Hubbard Way, and - when questioned about
> it - they were just fucking rude and dismissive. Remember -  the LAPD
> takes blood money from Scientology by way of donations (read: bribes)
> to their various youth programs, and that probably explains the
> behavior of those two.  Otherwise, most of the cops were awesome.
>
> - Ebner

Some of the cops standing behind the scientology line on
LRH Way are "regular" hires used by the CoS ... I am sure
you will get to see them again, they are part of the props
used at every event.

Tom N

Mar 17, 2008, 2:57:39 AM3/17/08
On Mar 16, 11:18 pm, "feministe" <femini...@free.fr> wrote:
> "Tom N" <simpleman....@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message denews:024f75d2-79d8-4c9f...@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com...

No one attacked anyone. He didn't even threaten anyone. He
_apologized_ to the original poster here!

And it wouldn't matter whether the guy was a Scientology member
pulling guard duty or a hired security guard. (Neither you nor I know
the truth
here, nor does the original poster). The gun was in plain sight, which
makes it legal. Although he could conceal it if he had a permit.

Like I said, you are idiots.

Why do so many idiots think they are clever?

Stay home and post shit on the Internet, little girl. You are clearly
not equipped to deal with the real world yet.

'Anonymous' has made it clear that they hate Scientology and
want to destroy it.

You wear masks like criminals. Vendetta masks, which imply
violent intentions.

You say that are 'peaceful protestors' but anyone who has studied
'anonymous' at all knows that you have no ethics or morals and
that your stated intentions and promises are worth shit.

You can assume that there will be armed guards protecting
Church members and buildings whenever you show up.
You may not see the guns, and you may not be able to identify
the guards, but they will be there.

Nothing you can do about it. No rational person in the world would
fault them for this. They may even have snipers on or in the
surrounding buildings.

You think you are playing troll games on the Internet. But we
aren't talking about the Internet here. And this isn't a video game.
You are clearly dangerous people, regardless of, and because of,
what you say.

If you don't watch your step you could get your heads blown
off. Legally.

Note: I do know that the CoS hired private, plainclothes and
uniformed, security guards for the protests at some of their
establishments. Which is why I made that, possibly erroneous,
assumption.

Tom Newton

--
calhobbit (at) | The Truth will set you free:
gmail [DOT] com | http://www.sethcenter.com

Nelson

Mar 17, 2008, 3:04:53 AM3/17/08

"Tom N" <simple...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Anyone trying to suppress scientology or scientologists are idiots even if
only by the disinformation making them do stupid things.
Nelson

Jens Tingleff

Mar 17, 2008, 4:47:07 AM3/17/08

phil scott

Mar 17, 2008, 8:52:37 AM3/17/08
> And that raises the question, who was he planning to shoot?- Hide quoted text -

he was not plannning to shoot anyone, theidea was to intimidate, and
remind people that some of those who leave or protest scientology
end up deader then hell....later.

Phil Scott

phil scott

Mar 17, 2008, 8:57:39 AM3/17/08
On Mar 16, 11:18 pm, "feministe" <femini...@free.fr> wrote:
> "Tom N" <simpleman....@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message denews:024f75d2-79d8-4c9f...@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com...
> r- Hide quoted text -

correct

barb

Mar 17, 2008, 1:26:58 PM3/17/08

His foot?

--
Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC (wdne)

“I think that the protections that we enjoy for freedom of worship exist
so long as we don’t step over the line. When religious worship and
belief cross over into things like fraud, victimization of others and
the disruption of the political arena, that protection is no longer
appropriate.”

--Robert Goff
Professor Emeritus, UCSC

barb

Mar 17, 2008, 2:21:30 PM3/17/08
Hey...gotta pay for that bass boat somehow!

peters...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2008, 1:21:58 PM3/17/08
On 17 mrt, 08:04, "Nelson" <nhenders...@cogeco.ca> wrote:

> Anyone trying to suppress scientology or scientologists are idiots even if
> only by the disinformation making them do stupid things.
> Nelson

Only idiots believe the lies they are being told by the CULT's
management and the insane fantasies of a drug abusing and alcoholic
second class SF-writer. Forking over thousands of dollars to get
yourself brainwashed and indoctrinated, to get yourself virtually
lobotomized by an evil and dangerous mind control CULT, that is what I
call STUPID. In capitals.

Peter

http://www.scamofscientology.nl

henri

Mar 17, 2008, 5:58:58 PM3/17/08
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 22:26:57 -0700 (PDT), Anonology <shroom...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Scientology goes out of its way to hire scum. Sometimes they're violent.

Like Jarl Grieve Einar Cynewulf (who at least had a nice gun).

Gene Ingram has also allegedly threatened the lives of critics and has a
concealed carry permit.

http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/bfm/cynewulf.htm

Cult's private detective fires at journalists
The Sunday Times, 8 November 1987

by Richard Palmer

-------------------------

A PRIVATE detective, employed by representatives of the Church of Scientology
cult to investigate one of its opponents, shot at a Sunday Times reporter and
photographer and threatened to kill them last week.

The detective, Jarl Grieve Einar Cynewulf, fired a pistol at the journalists
after saying. "You'd better go now unless you want to end up in a wooden box. Do
you want to be another Hungerford martyr?"

Although the gun was fired from close range, the journalists escaped unharmed
after a chase through the streets near Cynewulf's home in Oldland Common,
Bristol, on Thursday night.

Earlier, the private detective had said that the Church of Scientology had paid
him $2,500 to smear the author of a critical new book on the late L. Ron
Hubbard. Cynewulf said he had been told he could name his price if he could
produce evidence that Russell Miller, the author, was an agent of the CIA.

Miller's book, Bare-Faced Messiah: The True Story of L Ron Hubbard, is currently
being serialised in The Sunday Times despite protests and harassment from
representatives of the church's 6m members worldwide. The book challenges the
authorised church version of Hubbard's life and implies that he was a liar and a
cheat.

The scientologists, who have been criticised by judges in Britain, Australia and
the United States for breaking up families and brainwashing devotees, have
employed numerous lawyers and private detectives in an attempt to discredit
Miller and prevent the book being published.

Cynewulf is one of several private detectives who have been asked to find a link
between the CIA and Miller, a former Sunday Times journalist. The church wants
to represent Miller as someone acting on instructions from the secret service
because it believes the CIA is behind investigations into its tax affairs in the
US.

It also fears the secret service is attempting to get the church banned, and any
hint that Miller has links with the intelligence services would enable
scientologists to discredit the book.

Although Cynewulf is clearly eccentric, to say the least, it is clear from his
detaiIed knowledge of Miller's private life that he has been briefed and done
work on the case. He repeated virtually all the charges, many never published,
that have been levelled against Miller by other private detectives.

Cynewulf said he had been employed by Virginia Snyder, a private detective in
Delray Beach, Florida, who had been paid by the Church of Scientology. Snyder,
who admitted that she had employed Cynewulf on another case and had recommended
him to other clients, refused either to confirm or deny that she had worked with
him on the scientology case on the grounds that she would be in breach of her
client s confidence.

While she confirmed that she is a friend of L. Fletcher Prouty, Hubbard's
authorised biographer who has been part of the campaign to discredit Miller, she
said he had not asked her to investigate Miller.

During a three-hour conversation last Wednesday afternoon, Cynewulf told a
Sunday Times reporter that Miller's phone calls and mail were being intercepted
and his house in Buckinghamshire was under close surveillance.

He said that although there was no evidence that Miller had any links with the
intelligence community, some investigators would stop at nothing to frame him.
"I think Miller is at risk," he said. "People acting for the church are willing
to pay large sums for men to discredit him. These bastards will stop at
nothing."

He said he was so disgusted with what was happening that he had told Snyder, his
boss in Florida, that he no longer wished to work on the case. He said Snyder
had also stopped working for the cult.

But following a telephone conversation with her on Thursday morning, Cynewulf
said had been instructed to say nothing about the case.

* Experts at the Royal Ordnance factory at Enfield, north London, have
provisionally identified the weapon used by Cynewulf as an Israeli 0.357 Magnum
Desert Eagle pistol.

Fredric L. Rice

Mar 17, 2008, 12:42:55 PM3/17/08
"MarkE...@gmail.com" <MarkE...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Of all things Los Angeles Scientology needs to be called
> out for, it's the now infamous "guy with the gun."

I was wondering what the fuck that was all about. I wonder if a
Freedom of Information Act could be used to get details about who
he was and who was paying him.

---
Anonymous = Herd of Cats Latched on to the Same Wildebeest.

Just after 11 am I observed a horde of Anons with Police car
flashing escort moving north to the Org. - Gregg H.

Fredric L. Rice

Mar 17, 2008, 12:45:14 PM3/17/08
Anonology <shroom...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Personally I find nothing sinister about someone carrying a gun who
>has a concealed carry permit... carry permits are given only to people
>with no felony record

That's not true. Police officers in California may be convicted
of any crime and still acquire a PI's license and the carry permit,
all it takes is money. It's one of the reasons why the LAPD is
the nation's most hated fascist organiztaion.

Scientology is a cult

Mar 17, 2008, 5:58:01 PM3/17/08
peters...@gmail.com wrote in

"second class SF-writer"? SECOND class? Stop elevating him! If there's a
bottom rate, he's just below that.

Revolt in the Stars reads like a Junior HS student's creative writing
project.