Legislators convening today to pass a bill to allow terri to live

1 view
Skip to the first unread message

Patrick

20 Mar 2005, 07:10:2520/03/2005
The United States Congress is now considering the Incapacitated
Persons Legal Protection Act. This act could save the life of Terri
and many disabled people who are at risk of being dehydrated and
starved to death against their will.
This measure would allow federal review of cases in which there is no
advanced medical directive and irregularities in state court
proceedings. This act would not encroach on the privacy protections
Americans now enjoy with regards to their medical treatment decisions.
It only ensures that the individual's federal due process rights have
been observed and protected by the state courts.

Please tell your Senator and Representative that you favor this act
and that you want their cooperation in passing this bill into law.

wildbl...@hotmail.com

20 Mar 2005, 12:24:1220/03/2005

Patrick IRA nazi terrorist wrote:

> The United States Congress is now considering the Incapacitated
> Persons Legal Protection Act. This act could save the life of Terri
> and many disabled people who are at risk of being dehydrated and
> starved to death against their will.

why doesnt Jesus save her? there must be some faith healing preacher
somewhere that can do it or maybe we can all pray a little harder and
jesus will mysteriously snap her out of it? I pray some really good
surgeon may be able to transplant her a new brain, maybe some good
christian like patdick might donate his?

Newk Indofman

20 Mar 2005, 12:58:2420/03/2005

<wildbl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

According to Mrs. Shiavo's husband -- who should have say over any medical
procedures, over that of her parents' -- Mrs. Shiavo verbally elected no
tube-feeding or heroic measures. I believe Mr. Shiavo. In my experience in
hospice, almost no patients or their families elect to have feeding tubes,
respirators, etc. Hydration at the end of life can actually do more harm
than good. Many people aspirate food or liquids (which kills them) because
of seemingly well-intentioned caregivers who think it will save their life.
In a brain-damaged person whose quality of life is so obviously diminished
and for so long, removal of a feeding tube which should never have been
placed there to begin with does not constitute "starving" her. That is
manipulative language used to further someone's ignorant political agenda.

I wonder if any of the religious kooks or congresspeople (same thing?)
campaigning for her survival would be willing to take her home to care for
her 24/7? Perhaps Patrick, maybe?

Iblis

20 Mar 2005, 13:02:0220/03/2005
It's my hope that the current pope never dies. Inspired by Futurama,
I've decided I'd like to see him live on as a head in a bell jar.
It is, after all, the karma he has earned.

wildbl...@hotmail.com

20 Mar 2005, 13:03:2020/03/2005

Newk Indofman wrote:
> <wildbl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Patrick IRA nazi terrorist wrote:
> >
> >> The United States Congress is now considering the Incapacitated
> >> Persons Legal Protection Act. This act could save the life of
Terri
> >> and many disabled people who are at risk of being dehydrated and
> >> starved to death against their will.
> >
> > why doesnt Jesus save her? there must be some faith healing
preacher
> > somewhere that can do it or maybe we can all pray a little harder
and
> > jesus will mysteriously snap her out of it? I pray some really good
> > surgeon may be able to transplant her a new brain, maybe some good
> > christian like patdick might donate his?
>
> I wonder if any of the religious kooks or congresspeople (same
thing?)
> campaigning for her survival would be willing to take her home to
care for
> her 24/7? Perhaps Patrick, maybe?

Maybe pushing her to the edge of starvation and dehydration will elicit
jesus to come and save her?

wildbl...@hotmail.com

20 Mar 2005, 13:04:2620/03/2005

a pickled pope?

Patrick

20 Mar 2005, 13:41:5920/03/2005
Newk Indofman" wrote:

>I wonder if any of the religious kooks or congresspeople (same thing?)
>campaigning for her survival would be willing to take her home to care for
>her 24/7? Perhaps Patrick, maybe?

+ You need to pay closer attention to detail, newfag.
+ Someone has offered $1 Million to the husband for
him to give up his legal rights.

Newk Indofman

20 Mar 2005, 14:12:3320/03/2005

"Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com> wrote in message

As I said, religious kooks... Will that appease your God? The lengths people
go to meet their own selfish needs/agenda... Speaking of detail, you left
one out -- Mr. Schiavo isn't taking the money.

sixtus

20 Mar 2005, 13:55:2920/03/2005

<wildbl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Bite your tongue!
I wouldn't want Patshit's brain in MY skull.

Alan Ferris

20 Mar 2005, 15:01:3820/03/2005

Which sort of screws her mothers claim that he is only doing this for
the money.

--
Alan "Ferrit" Ferris

()'.'.'()
( (T) )
( ) . ( )
(")_(")

Joe

20 Mar 2005, 16:43:1520/03/2005

<wildbl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Or they could cryogenically preserve him. A popesicle.

Darklady

20 Mar 2005, 16:24:2620/03/2005
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:41:59 -0500, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>
wrote:

And yet he refused. Maybe he... loves her? Cares about her
well-being? Truly believes that what he's doing is right?
I realize those possibilities wouldn't occur to you, so I felt
compelled to suggest them.
The woman's cerebral cortex is liquid, Patrick. She's gone.
Her body continues to function but there's nobody living in it.
What an agonizing situation this must be for her husband and
her family. I'm sorry that it became such an international experience
for them. Her parents need to accept the fact that Terri is gone and
she is not coming back. The proof in this, sadly, will be revealed as
her body dies, since the body of a person with consciousness
apparently shuts down differently from a body sans consciousness.
As you have so often said, it's time for these people to "move
on."

-- Darklady
http://www.darklady.com
http://www.masturbate-a-thon.org

wildbl...@hotmail.com

20 Mar 2005, 16:56:5820/03/2005

Joe wrote:
> <wildbl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Iblis wrote:
> > > Patdick wrote:nothin

Futurama,

> > > I've decided I'd like to see him live on as a head in a bell
jar.
> > > It is, after all, the karma he has earned.
> >
> > a pickled pope?
>

> Or they could cryogenically preserve him. A popesicle.

popesicle on a stick?

Patrick

20 Mar 2005, 17:22:0020/03/2005
Alan Ferris <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote:

>, "Newk Indofman" wrote:

>>> + You need to pay closer attention to detail, newfag.
>>> + Someone has offered $1 Million to the husband for
>>> him to give up his legal rights.
>>
>>As I said, religious kooks... Will that appease your God? The lengths people
>>go to meet their own selfish needs/agenda... Speaking of detail, you left
>>one out -- Mr. Schiavo isn't taking the money.
>
>Which sort of screws her mothers claim that he is only doing this for
>the money.

+ I don't believe she made that claim.
+ Everyone wants what THEY THINK is best for Terri.
+ The RCC doesn't want this euthanasia to be sanctioned by the courts.
+ What is next?

Patrick

20 Mar 2005, 17:26:4220/03/2005
Darklady <dark...@darklady.com> wrote:
>Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>>wrote:
>>Newk Indofman" wrote:
>>
>>>I wonder if any of the religious kooks or congresspeople (same thing?)
>>>campaigning for her survival would be willing to take her home to care for
>>>her 24/7? Perhaps Patrick, maybe?
>>
>>+ You need to pay closer attention to detail, newfag.
>>+ Someone has offered $1 Million to the husband for
>>him to give up his legal rights.
>
> And yet he refused. Maybe he... loves her? Cares about her
>well-being? Truly believes that what he's doing is right?

+ Actually, I believe this is truly in his heart.
+ That is what makes this a tough decision...
+ At least... until you think about the big picture.

> I realize those possibilities wouldn't occur to you, so I felt
>compelled to suggest them.

+ Actually, they did.
+ Thanks for sharing.

> The woman's cerebral cortex is liquid, Patrick. She's gone.
>Her body continues to function but there's nobody living in it.

+ She is awake, smiling, and maybe no one is at home.

> What an agonizing situation this must be for her husband and
>her family. I'm sorry that it became such an international experience
>for them. Her parents need to accept the fact that Terri is gone and
>she is not coming back. The proof in this, sadly, will be revealed as
>her body dies, since the body of a person with consciousness
>apparently shuts down differently from a body sans consciousness.
> As you have so often said, it's time for these people to "move
>on."

+ Not quite.
+ Modern Science has advanced to the point where
life perhaps should be further defined.
+ Let us not discuss "quality" of life....
+ But... life.

wildbl...@hotmail.com

20 Mar 2005, 19:13:1620/03/2005

Patrick wrote:
> Alan Ferris <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote:
> >, "Newk Indofman" wrote:

>> + Everyone wants what THEY THINK is best for Terri.
> + The RCC doesn't want this euthanasia to be sanctioned by the
courts.
> + What is next?

people like you are insane, jesus kills normal functioning people from
starvation, war, disease etc everyday, but your more concerned about
someone who has been brain dead for over 15 years and is technically
dead, what hypocrisy. If she dies naturally, that's not euthanasia.

Darklady

21 Mar 2005, 00:12:2621/03/2005
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:22:00 -0500, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>
wrote:

>Alan Ferris <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote:
>>, "Newk Indofman" wrote:

>>>As I said, religious kooks... Will that appease your God? The lengths people
>>>go to meet their own selfish needs/agenda... Speaking of detail, you left
>>>one out -- Mr. Schiavo isn't taking the money.
>>
>>Which sort of screws her mothers claim that he is only doing this for
>>the money.
>
>+ I don't believe she made that claim.

Disbelieve in gravity, if you wish.

>+ Everyone wants what THEY THINK is best for Terri.

Or what they believe Terri would want for herself. I think
both sides are motivated by sincere love, although I think one side
(her family) is being blinded by vain hope.

>+ The RCC doesn't want this euthanasia to be sanctioned by the courts.
>+ What is next?

The RCC doesn't run the United States of America and isn't
bloody likely to start running it anytime soon. The RCC is welcome to
express its opinion on the matter, as are all other individuals and
organizations. However, the decision will not be made by the RCC. This
kind of euthenasia happens very frequently. What's rare isn't that a
feeding tube is being removed, but that there's a disagreement between
legal entities that have taken it to the courts to be resolved.

Darklady

21 Mar 2005, 00:18:4121/03/2005
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:26:42 -0500, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>
wrote:

>Darklady <dark...@darklady.com> wrote:
>>Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>>wrote:

>>>+ You need to pay closer attention to detail, newfag.
>>>+ Someone has offered $1 Million to the husband for
>>>him to give up his legal rights.
>>
>> And yet he refused. Maybe he... loves her? Cares about her
>>well-being? Truly believes that what he's doing is right?
>
>+ Actually, I believe this is truly in his heart.
>+ That is what makes this a tough decision...
>+ At least... until you think about the big picture.
>
>> I realize those possibilities wouldn't occur to you, so I felt
>>compelled to suggest them.
>
>+ Actually, they did.
>+ Thanks for sharing.
>
>> The woman's cerebral cortex is liquid, Patrick. She's gone.
>>Her body continues to function but there's nobody living in it.
>
>+ She is awake, smiling, and maybe no one is at home.

Being capable of a sleep and waking state is not the same as
being aware.
Smiling occurs in the womb and in patients with spastic
diseases. It is automatic in these cases and in the case of Terri, as
well. Her body has impulses sometimes result in a smile, a near laugh,
a near sob, and likely other odd noises and configurations. It doesn't
mean she's laughing her head off at your funny jokes, beaming because
she's delighted to see you, or anxious to start a long conversation.
The body is an amazing thing, Patrick. It can do some pretty
evocative stuff without there being anybody home.
If there is a soul associated with the body, I hope that it
leaves the body when the person dies and doesn't linger until the body
finally stops working. If there's a hell, that surely seems like it
would be a small slice of it.

>> What an agonizing situation this must be for her husband and
>>her family. I'm sorry that it became such an international experience
>>for them. Her parents need to accept the fact that Terri is gone and
>>she is not coming back. The proof in this, sadly, will be revealed as
>>her body dies, since the body of a person with consciousness
>>apparently shuts down differently from a body sans consciousness.
>> As you have so often said, it's time for these people to "move
>>on."
>
>+ Not quite.
>+ Modern Science has advanced to the point where
>life perhaps should be further defined.
>+ Let us not discuss "quality" of life....
>+ But... life.

Terri's mind is GONE. Her brain is largely useless. The person
known as Terri Schiavo hasn't been alive for a very long time. The
idea of starvation disturbs me a great deal, but I've also read what a
truly vegetative person's physical death from this is like, and
realize that the fact she is truly vegetative means that there will be
no one to experience the shut down of the body. The house doesn't hurt
when you turn off the electricity and discontinue water service.

Alan Ferris

21 Mar 2005, 01:54:1921/03/2005
wrote:

>+ The RCC doesn't want this euthanasia to be sanctioned by the courts.

Only because of the pope......

Alan Ferris

21 Mar 2005, 01:57:1021/03/2005
wrote:

>+ Modern Science has advanced to the point where

>life perhaps should be further defined.

We can keep many dead people alive on machines, this is common when
harvesting organs, are people going to next claim that these should be
kept alive also? Where do you draw the line.

Just because we can do something does not mean we should do it.

Alison

21 Mar 2005, 16:22:0921/03/2005
In <istr31dsn82at810v...@4ax.com> Patrick wrote:
> Darklady <dark...@darklady.com> wrote:

>> What an agonizing situation this must be for her husband and
>>her family. I'm sorry that it became such an international experience
>>for them. Her parents need to accept the fact that Terri is gone and
>>she is not coming back. The proof in this, sadly, will be revealed as
>>her body dies, since the body of a person with consciousness
>>apparently shuts down differently from a body sans consciousness.
>> As you have so often said, it's time for these people to "move
>>on."
>
> + Not quite.
> + Modern Science has advanced to the point where
> life perhaps should be further defined.
> + Let us not discuss "quality" of life....
> + But... life.

Yes - let's.

Why is it that the state of Florida also executed 38 people since this woman
has been in a persistent vegetative state, yet Shrub didn't cut short his
vacation to stop cousin Jeb from killing citizens? More hypocrisy?

To someone outside the US, it all looks a little weird. People wringing their
hands about a woman who's been brain-dead for 15 years, yet turn their backs
as the nation murders its own. Same people, it seems, who enjoy campaigning
for the 'right to life' .. but not for all.

[ Get off your high-horse in advance, Jimmer. I'll talk about the US if I like. ]

-- Ali

Patrick

21 Mar 2005, 20:02:4421/03/2005
wildbl...@hotmail.com wrote:

> jesus kills normal functioning people from
>starvation, war, disease etc everyday,

+ No, he does not.

Patrick

21 Mar 2005, 20:05:4821/03/2005
Darklady <dark...@darklady.com> wrote:

>>+ Everyone wants what THEY THINK is best for Terri.
>
> Or what they believe Terri would want for herself. I think
>both sides are motivated by sincere love, although I think one side
>(her family) is being blinded by vain hope.

+ I agree.

>>+ The RCC doesn't want this euthanasia to be sanctioned by the courts.
>>+ What is next?
>
> The RCC doesn't run the United States of America and isn't
>bloody likely to start running it anytime soon.

+ It doesn't pretend to.
+ However, the members of its church are also citizens of this
country, and euthanasia and abortion are considered murder
in the eyes of the church and the members of it.

>The RCC is welcome to
>express its opinion on the matter, as are all other individuals and
>organizations. However, the decision will not be made by the RCC.

+ We don't expect to.
+ However, we would like to be heard on this.

>This
>kind of euthenasia happens very frequently. What's rare isn't that a
>feeding tube is being removed, but that there's a disagreement between
>legal entities that have taken it to the courts to be resolved.

+ Yup.

Patrick

21 Mar 2005, 20:06:5821/03/2005
Alan Ferris <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote:
>, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>>wrote:
>
>>+ The RCC doesn't want this euthanasia to be sanctioned by the courts.
>
>Only because of the pope......

+ There are a few members of the RCC who also don't believe in murder,
alvin. If you look really close in the "BIBLE," you might find
mention of thou shalt not murder.

Mercedes de Acosta

21 Mar 2005, 20:09:1821/03/2005

What is even more rare is that congress, flexing it's religious muscles,
is getting involved in a simple guardianship case.
The theocracy has begun...beware Patrick, it is a Prot one....

--
“Say what you want about Mercedes, she’s had the three greatest women
of the 20th century.”

“I have played with your flames and been horribly burned…but I accept
it because the source is so beautiful. But how to live with this passion
in my veins…I may die from it.”
Isadora Duncan to Mercedes de Acosta

Patrick

21 Mar 2005, 20:10:2521/03/2005
Darklady <dark...@darklady.com> wrote:

>>+ She is awake, smiling, and maybe no one is at home.
>
> Being capable of a sleep and waking state is not the same as
>being aware.

+ I agree.

> Smiling occurs in the womb and in patients with spastic
>diseases. It is automatic in these cases and in the case of Terri, as
>well. Her body has impulses sometimes result in a smile, a near laugh,
>a near sob, and likely other odd noises and configurations. It doesn't
>mean she's laughing her head off at your funny jokes, beaming because
>she's delighted to see you, or anxious to start a long conversation.

+ I agree.

> The body is an amazing thing, Patrick. It can do some pretty
>evocative stuff without there being anybody home.
> If there is a soul associated with the body, I hope that it
>leaves the body when the person dies and doesn't linger until the body
>finally stops working. If there's a hell, that surely seems like it
>would be a small slice of it.

+ And I agree once more.

>>> What an agonizing situation this must be for her husband and
>>>her family. I'm sorry that it became such an international experience
>>>for them. Her parents need to accept the fact that Terri is gone and
>>>she is not coming back. The proof in this, sadly, will be revealed as
>>>her body dies, since the body of a person with consciousness
>>>apparently shuts down differently from a body sans consciousness.
>>> As you have so often said, it's time for these people to "move
>>>on."
>>
>>+ Not quite.
>>+ Modern Science has advanced to the point where
>>life perhaps should be further defined.
>>+ Let us not discuss "quality" of life....
>>+ But... life.
>
> Terri's mind is GONE. Her brain is largely useless. The person
>known as Terri Schiavo hasn't been alive for a very long time. The
>idea of starvation disturbs me a great deal, but I've also read what a
>truly vegetative person's physical death from this is like, and
>realize that the fact she is truly vegetative means that there will be
>no one to experience the shut down of the body. The house doesn't hurt
>when you turn off the electricity and discontinue water service.

+ Again, excellent thoughts....
+ But, if you burn the house down, it will never come back.

Patrick

21 Mar 2005, 20:11:5221/03/2005
Alan Ferris <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote:
>Just because we can do something does not mean we should do it.

+ I agree.
+ Especially when it comes to bio-ethical processes...
+ Including euthanasia, abortion, cloning, etc.

Mercedes de Acosta

21 Mar 2005, 20:10:4321/03/2005

There is nothing aboput an obligation to use technology to keep a brain
dead body alive

Patrick

21 Mar 2005, 20:14:0521/03/2005
Alison <cooties@mac[spam].com> wrote:
Patrick wrote:

>> + Modern Science has advanced to the point where
>> life perhaps should be further defined.
>> + Let us not discuss "quality" of life....
>> + But... life.
>
>Yes - let's.
>
>Why is it that the state of Florida also executed 38 people since this woman
>has been in a persistent vegetative state, yet Shrub didn't cut short his
>vacation to stop cousin Jeb from killing citizens? More hypocrisy?

+ What does one have to do with another?
+ We were GOING to discuss LIFE.

>To someone outside the US, it all looks a little weird. People wringing their
>hands about a woman who's been brain-dead for 15 years, yet turn their backs
>as the nation murders its own. Same people, it seems, who enjoy campaigning
>for the 'right to life' .. but not for all.

+ If you think the entire discussion is about Terri, you need help.

Mercedes de Acosta

21 Mar 2005, 20:16:1221/03/2005

Patrick wrote:

> Darklady <dark...@darklady.com> wrote:
> >>

> >no one to experience the shut down of the body. The house doesn't hurt
> >when you turn off the electricity and discontinue water service.
>
> + Again, excellent thoughts....
> + But, if you burn the house down, it will never come back.

People cannot re-grow neuronal material......

Mercedes de Acosta

21 Mar 2005, 20:20:0421/03/2005

Patrick wrote:

> Alison <cooties@mac[spam].com> wrote:
> Patrick wrote:
>
> >> + Modern Science has advanced to the point where
> >> life perhaps should be further defined.
> >> + Let us not discuss "quality" of life....
> >> + But... life.

Fine. Shrub joked as he had a woman murdered in Texas. His brother, a
Catholic, is busy violating the church's teachings on capital
punishment.

> >Yes - let's.
> >
> >Why is it that the state of Florida also executed 38 people since this woman
> >has been in a persistent vegetative state, yet Shrub didn't cut short his
> >vacation to stop cousin Jeb from killing citizens? More hypocrisy?
>
> + What does one have to do with another?
> + We were GOING to discuss LIFE.

The church says capital punishment is evil. The Bush Brothers are serial
killers

Alison

21 Mar 2005, 21:11:3021/03/2005
In <47su315qana6320s7...@4ax.com> Patrick wrote:
> Alison <cooties@mac[spam].com> wrote:
> Patrick wrote:
>
>>> + Modern Science has advanced to the point where
>>> life perhaps should be further defined.
>>> + Let us not discuss "quality" of life....
>>> + But... life.
>>
>>Yes - let's.
>>
>>Why is it that the state of Florida also executed 38 people since this woman
>>has been in a persistent vegetative state, yet Shrub didn't cut short his
>>vacation to stop cousin Jeb from killing citizens? More hypocrisy?
>
> + What does one have to do with another?

Consistency, Patrick. Try it sometime ...

> + We were GOING to discuss LIFE.
>

>>To someone outside the US, it all looks a little weird. People wringing
>>their hands about a woman who's been brain-dead for 15 years, yet turn
>>their backs as the nation murders its own. Same people, it seems, who enjoy
>>campaigning for the 'right to life' .. but not for all.
>
> + If you think the entire discussion is about Terri, you need help.

It's not about Terri. It's all about hypocrisy & how some group of right-to-
lifers will use a horrific situation for their own political ends. They
couldn't give a rats about the woman and her family & that much is clear.

-- Ali

Buck Naked

21 Mar 2005, 21:44:4621/03/2005
Patrick wrote:
> The United States Congress is now considering the Incapacitated
> Persons Legal Protection Act. This act could save the life of Terri
> and many disabled people who are at risk of being dehydrated and
> starved to death against their will.
> This measure would allow federal review of cases in which there is no
> advanced medical directive and irregularities in state court
> proceedings. This act would not encroach on the privacy protections
> Americans now enjoy with regards to their medical treatment decisions.
> It only ensures that the individual's federal due process rights have
> been observed and protected by the state courts.
>
> Please tell your Senator and Representative that you favor this act
> and that you want their cooperation in passing this bill into law.

but i dont...

Newk Indofman

21 Mar 2005, 22:55:4321/03/2005

> The United States Congress is now considering the Incapacitated
> Persons Legal Protection Act. This act could save the life of Terri
> and many disabled people who are at risk of being dehydrated and
> starved to death against their will.

That wouldn't apply to Mrs. Schiavo, whose husband stated she didn't want
heroic measures to prolong her life. Why can't that be respected, as it is
thousands of times everyday in this country. Is the vaunted "sanctity of
marriage" now to be trashed for political expediency?

> This measure would allow federal review of cases in which there is no
> advanced medical directive and irregularities in state court
> proceedings. This act would not encroach on the privacy protections
> Americans now enjoy with regards to their medical treatment decisions.

Don't relatives/next-of-kin have the right to make decisions for their loved
ones who can't speak for themselves? That would be Mr. Schiavo, who's rights
congress is now trampling over.

> It only ensures that the individual's federal due process rights have
> been observed and protected by the state courts.
>
> Please tell your Senator and Representative that you favor this act
> and that you want their cooperation in passing this bill into law.

I thought Republicans were for SMALL government, government which doesn't
INTRUDE on people's lives? Yet they seem to want access to our bedrooms,
hospital rooms, and marriages too. American government seems more fascist
and hypocritical every day.

Mercedes de Acosta

21 Mar 2005, 23:16:5121/03/2005

Next will be gay clubs, then catholics with feathered hats

Alan Ferris

22 Mar 2005, 01:48:4122/03/2005
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:06:58 -0500, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>
wrote:

Wow, Private Pile is reading Kings James bible.....

But I wonder when he will see the bit about not lying...

Alan Ferris

22 Mar 2005, 01:47:2922/03/2005
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:09:18 GMT, Mercedes de Acosta
<merc...@ThatFuriousLesbian.uk> wrote:

>> >This
>> >kind of euthenasia happens very frequently. What's rare isn't that a
>> >feeding tube is being removed, but that there's a disagreement between
>> >legal entities that have taken it to the courts to be resolved.
>>
>> + Yup.
>
>What is even more rare is that congress, flexing it's religious muscles,
>is getting involved in a simple guardianship case.
>The theocracy has begun...beware Patrick, it is a Prot one....

Might backfire, seems 2 out of 3 object to them getting involved.

Bard Kesnit

22 Mar 2005, 20:39:0422/03/2005
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:36:38 GMT, "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:

>"Alan Ferris" <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote in message

>> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:22:00 -0500, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >+ The RCC doesn't want this euthanasia to be sanctioned by the courts.
>>
>> Only because of the pope......
>>

>There are Higher Laws than those of the State.
>
>No court would convice anyone of a crime, based solely upon the testimony of
>a single, discredited witness. But this poor woman is being murdered at the
>hands of the State, based solely upon the word of her husband that this is
>what she wanted.

By law, he is her legal next of kin.

If you don't like it, start trying to change marriage laws
that will take the right to make decisions about your future away from
your wife and give them to someone you have never met.

Bard Kesnit

Mercedes de Acosta

22 Mar 2005, 20:59:1622/03/2005

Bard Kesnit wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:39:34 GMT, "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:
>

> >"Mercedes de Acosta" <merc...@ThatFuriousLesbian.uk> wrote in message

> >> There is nothing aboput an obligation to use technology to keep a brain
> >> dead body alive
> >>

> >That is not the legal question. The President expressed best when he
> >suggested that, absent explicit instructions to the contrary, if we must
> >err, we should err on the side of life.
>
> Which comes back to something I said earlier today. Why let
> anyone die? Why not force everyone to live a half-life (or less) until
> medical technology reaches the point we can cure anything and
> everything?
>
> Bard Kesnit

Also, it is not the president's place to get involved at all....
He is being worse than the "liberal activist judges" that he and
conrgess decry...

Patrick

22 Mar 2005, 16:10:1922/03/2005
Mercedes de Acosta wrote:

>What is even more rare is that congress, flexing it's religious muscles,
>is getting involved in a simple guardianship case.
>The theocracy has begun...beware Patrick, it is a Prot one....

+ It didn't work last time either.
+ Remember the Cuban punk - Eliam - or something?
+ He is comfortable in the Castro shadow now.

Patrick

22 Mar 2005, 16:17:0622/03/2005
Mercedes de Acosta < wrote:
>Patrick wrote:
>> Alison <cooties@mac[spam].com> wrote:

>Fine. Shrub joked as he had a woman murdered in Texas. His brother, a
>Catholic, is busy violating the church's teachings on capital
>punishment.

+ What are the church's teachings on capital punishment?
+ DO you really think every Catholic member is against it?
+ What has the pope declared about it?
+ Anything that he declared to be infallible?

>> >Yes - let's.
>> >
>> >Why is it that the state of Florida also executed 38 people since this woman
>> >has been in a persistent vegetative state, yet Shrub didn't cut short his
>> >vacation to stop cousin Jeb from killing citizens? More hypocrisy?
>>
>> + What does one have to do with another?
>> + We were GOING to discuss LIFE.
>
>The church says capital punishment is evil. The Bush Brothers are serial
>killers

+ I don't believe you are correct here.
+ On either count.

Bard Kesnit

22 Mar 2005, 20:42:2222/03/2005
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:39:34 GMT, "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:

>"Mercedes de Acosta" <merc...@ThatFuriousLesbian.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> Patrick wrote:

>> > + There are a few members of the RCC who also don't believe in murder,
>> > alvin. If you look really close in the "BIBLE," you might find
>> > mention of thou shalt not murder.
>>
>> There is nothing aboput an obligation to use technology to keep a brain
>> dead body alive

Mercedes de Acosta

22 Mar 2005, 20:36:4922/03/2005

Patrick wrote:

> Mercedes de Acosta wrote:
>
> >People cannot re-grow neuronal material......
>

> + Today.
> + This is one of the studies my daughter is involved with.

stem cell extracts?
Naughty naughty.

the only way to bridge damaged neurons is that method.....and it won't
be satisfactory for decades when we are discussing the pre-frontal
cortices due the multiple synaptic connections that determine cognitive
function.

Bard Kesnit

22 Mar 2005, 20:58:3222/03/2005
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:57:30 GMT, Mercedes de Acosta
<merc...@ThatFuriousLesbian.uk> wrote:

>Bard Kesnit wrote:
>>
>> By law, he is her legal next of kin.
>>
>> If you don't like it, start trying to change marriage laws
>> that will take the right to make decisions about your future away from
>> your wife and give them to someone you have never met.
>>
>> Bard Kesnit
>

>Gee, sounds a bit like some of what gay couples have to deal with

Why do you think I phrased it the way I did?

Bard Kesnit

Patrick

22 Mar 2005, 16:18:5922/03/2005
Alison wrote:

>It's not about Terri. It's all about hypocrisy & how some group of right-to-
>lifers will use a horrific situation for their own political ends. They
>couldn't give a rats about the woman and her family & that much is clear.

+ That is where you are wrong.
+ People actually care about Terri.
+ What's more, people care about the subject of euthanasia.

Mercedes de Acosta

22 Mar 2005, 20:57:3022/03/2005

Gee, sounds a bit like some of what gay couples have to deal with

JimR

22 Mar 2005, 20:39:3422/03/2005

"Mercedes de Acosta" <merc...@ThatFuriousLesbian.uk> wrote in message

> Patrick wrote:
> >
> > Alan Ferris <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote:

> > >Only because of the pope......
> >
> > + There are a few members of the RCC who also don't believe in murder,
> > alvin. If you look really close in the "BIBLE," you might find
> > mention of thou shalt not murder.
>
> There is nothing aboput an obligation to use technology to keep a brain
> dead body alive

That is not the legal question. The President expressed best when he

suggested that, absent explicit instructions to the contrary, if we must

err, we should err on the side of life. And if the State MUST kill her,
they would do better to take her out 'back and shoot her, rather than making
her die in agony.

I get sick every time I think about that poor woman. I wouldn't do to a
homosexual what the State is doing to her!

Mercedes de Acosta

22 Mar 2005, 20:52:1722/03/2005

Good thing; it would be cruel to have you do anything to us except to
apologize for having pushed Catholic theology and bigotry upon us

Alan Ferris

22 Mar 2005, 17:04:0222/03/2005
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:13:18 -0500, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>
wrote:

>Mercedes de Acosta wrote:
>
>>People cannot re-grow neuronal material......
>

>+ Today.
>+ This is one of the studies my daughter is involved with.

Wow, she changes so often, is that because you are lying? Or are you
claiming they keep moving her from research team to research team
because she is not wanted?

JimR

22 Mar 2005, 20:33:5022/03/2005

> + The RCC doesn't want this euthanasia to be sanctioned by the courts.

> + What is next?

This is hardly the typical end-of-life scenario. It is not as though she
were being kept alive artificially on a ventilator.

1: She had only a gravity feeding tube. She can swallow.

2: The US Congress only afforded her the same right that they would afford
to any condemmed murderer--the right to appeal in a federal court before
they are executed. Why would ANYBODY be against the "condemned" being able
to make their case--either by themselves or through a proxy if they are
incapacitated--before the state kills them?

3: I wouldn't do to a dog what the State is doing to kill her: starve her
and deny her water. That has got to be one of the cruelest ways to kill
someone (but, like Pontius Pilate, the judge, the nursing home staff, and
her husband can figuratively wash their hands and say that they have done
nothing wrong. "It was God's will . . .")

4: It is a sad commentary on our society that a perverted clown like Michael
Jackson would get more publicity by showing up late and in his pajamas for a
court hearing than would an innocent woman whose life is about to be ended,
based SOLELY upon the testimony of her husband that she would have chosen
this option. And the husband is living with another woman, and has begun a
new family with her! Oh, yeah, he certainly has her interests more at heart
than does her family!

How cruel! How completely insensitive! It is enough to make a man sick to
his stomach. But I'm certain that most of the self-proclaimed "regulars"
will all see it as a private matter for her husband to decide.

Newk Indofman

22 Mar 2005, 21:53:4222/03/2005

"JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote in message

> The President expressed best when he
> suggested that, absent explicit instructions to the contrary, if we must
> err, we should err on the side of life. And if the State MUST kill her,
> they would do better to take her out 'back and shoot her, rather than
> making
> her die in agony.

You must be joking. If the President wished to "err on the side of life", he
wouldn't have lied his way into a bogus war which has killed untold numbers
of innocent civilians.

Patrick

22 Mar 2005, 16:14:1422/03/2005
Mani Deli <ma...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>Nothing unusual about a brain-dead Congress kept alive by a corporate
>feeding tube to make a long winded fuss about an individual in a
>similar situation. It helps divert the mind of the average boob
>further off the facts of how he is being fucked by the upper 1%.

+ Are you enjoying the ride?

Mani Deli

22 Mar 2005, 10:10:4822/03/2005

Bard Kesnit

22 Mar 2005, 21:06:4422/03/2005
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:59:16 GMT, Mercedes de Acosta
<merc...@ThatFuriousLesbian.uk> wrote:

>Bard Kesnit wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:39:34 GMT, "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:
>>

>> >That is not the legal question. The President expressed best when he
>> >suggested that, absent explicit instructions to the contrary, if we must
>> >err, we should err on the side of life.
>>
>> Which comes back to something I said earlier today. Why let
>> anyone die? Why not force everyone to live a half-life (or less) until
>> medical technology reaches the point we can cure anything and
>> everything?
>>
>> Bard Kesnit
>
>Also, it is not the president's place to get involved at all....
>He is being worse than the "liberal activist judges" that he and
>conrgess decry...

Very true. The courts are doing their job by ruling on the
case. There is nothing in the Constitution that gives Congress or the
President the right to involve themselves in a state issue. (In fact,
it goes against Amendement X - "The powers not delegated to the United
States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are
reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Bard Kesnit

Bard Kesnit

22 Mar 2005, 18:22:0322/03/2005
wrote:

>Mercedes de Acosta wrote:
>
>>People cannot re-grow neuronal material......
>

>+ Today.

Then why let anyone die? Why not put everyone who is near
death on the necessary life support so that, if at any time in the
future we can fix what is wrong, we can bring them back and heal them?

Bard Kesnit

JimR

22 Mar 2005, 20:36:3822/03/2005

"Alan Ferris" <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:22:00 -0500, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>
> wrote:
>
> >+ The RCC doesn't want this euthanasia to be sanctioned by the courts.
>
> Only because of the pope......

There are Higher Laws than those of the State.

No court would convice anyone of a crime, based solely upon the testimony of
a single, discredited witness. But this poor woman is being murdered at the
hands of the State, based solely upon the word of her husband that this is
what she wanted.

If there is a hell, may he have a reserved space in the hottest part of it.

Patrick

22 Mar 2005, 16:13:1822/03/2005
Mercedes de Acosta wrote:

>People cannot re-grow neuronal material......

+ Today.

wildbl...@hotmail.com

22 Mar 2005, 14:46:4622/03/2005

Patrick wrote:
> wildbl...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> > jesus kills normal functioning people from
> >starvation, war, disease etc everyday,
>
> + No, he does not.

Liar! Yes he does.

Newk Indofman

22 Mar 2005, 23:54:5422/03/2005

"Darklady" <dark...@darklady.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:39:34 GMT, "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:

>>I get sick every time I think about that poor woman. I wouldn't do to a
>>homosexual what the State is doing to her!
>

> That's mighty white of you, Jim.

Yes, his compassion is infectious.

Darklady

22 Mar 2005, 23:30:0522/03/2005

It would be nice if the President would "err on the side of"
the Constitution once in a while.
So much for the lie of the Republican party supporting limited
government. So much for the lie of the Republican party honoring the
"sacred" bonds of matrimony.

-- Darklady
http://www.darklady.com
http://www.masturbate-a-thon.org

arjay

22 Mar 2005, 23:19:1322/03/2005
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:53:42 GMT, "Newk Indofman"
<nk...@newkindofman.org> wrote:

That "untold" says it all.
The weren't Xians.
If they had been, you can bet your old brown scapulars someone would
have provided an accurate body count.

Darklady

22 Mar 2005, 23:22:3722/03/2005
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:10:19 -0500, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>
wrote:

"Cuban punk?"
Honestly, Patrick. Why do you need to insult people? What did
this kid ever do to you or anyone else? He was a child caught between
warring ideologies -- and you call him names as though he ever did
anything to anyone.
Of course, your Greek Chorus of Coddlers won't notice this
one, either.

Darklady

22 Mar 2005, 23:24:0322/03/2005
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:39:34 GMT, "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:

>"Mercedes de Acosta" <merc...@ThatFuriousLesbian.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> Patrick wrote:

>> > + There are a few members of the RCC who also don't believe in murder,
>> > alvin. If you look really close in the "BIBLE," you might find
>> > mention of thou shalt not murder.
>>
>> There is nothing aboput an obligation to use technology to keep a brain
>> dead body alive
>>

>That is not the legal question. The President expressed best when he
>suggested that, absent explicit instructions to the contrary, if we must
>err, we should err on the side of life. And if the State MUST kill her,
>they would do better to take her out 'back and shoot her, rather than making
>her die in agony.

With a cerebral cortex that's in a liquid state, it's pretty
unlikely that Terri will "die in agony."
But if you'd rather be all emotional about it, knock yourself
out.

>I get sick every time I think about that poor woman. I wouldn't do to a
>homosexual what the State is doing to her!

That's mighty white of you, Jim.

-- Darklady
http://www.darklady.com
http://www.masturbate-a-thon.org

arjay

23 Mar 2005, 00:31:1423/03/2005

Did you just misspell 'infected'?

Newk Indofman

23 Mar 2005, 00:00:0723/03/2005

"Darklady" <dark...@darklady.com> wrote in message

Bush is just like that Bishop who did a 180 on the gay man's funeral -- it's
a ploy to distract attention from much more disturbing issues dogging them.

Alan Ferris

23 Mar 2005, 05:28:0523/03/2005
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:22:37 -0800, Darklady <dark...@darklady.com>
wrote:

He is still upset that the child chose to be raised in a literate
country as opposed to the literacy levels in Ohio.

Alan Ferris

23 Mar 2005, 05:33:5523/03/2005
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:36:38 GMT, "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:

>No court would convice anyone of a crime, based solely upon the testimony of
>a single, discredited witness. But this poor woman is being murdered at the
>hands of the State, based solely upon the word of her husband that this is
>what she wanted.

Why are you lying again JimR? Do you not believe in the commandments?
Or what about those doctors appointed by the courts to examine her, do
you think they all are lying?

Alan Ferris

23 Mar 2005, 05:34:4623/03/2005
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:33:50 GMT, "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:

>1: She had only a gravity feeding tube. She can swallow.

DOH! What ignorance! Gravity feeding tubes are still terminated in
the stomach and not in the mouth.

JimR

23 Mar 2005, 13:58:5823/03/2005

"JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote in message news:qN30e.1539

> I get sick every time I think about that poor woman. I wouldn't do to a
> homosexual what the State is doing to her!

And WHERE is our resident priest when it comes to weighing in on this issue?

Is he "out of town," like all those Liberal senators were the other day,
when the bill authorizing the federal appeal was passed?

Karen

23 Mar 2005, 14:23:3323/03/2005

"JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote

> And WHERE is our resident priest when it comes to weighing in on this
> issue?

It's not holy week in your land of homosexual freedom,
Jimmer/Larry/Ex-catholic/Observer/Anonymous/AHOLE?

Alan Ferris

23 Mar 2005, 14:37:1723/03/2005
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:58:58 GMT, "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:

>when the bill authorizing the federal appeal was passed?

The appeal that has been turned down now by the 12th judge.

The same people however who voted to kill over 100,000.

goo goo

23 Mar 2005, 22:18:1723/03/2005

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:06:58 -0500, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>

> wrote:
>
>>Alan Ferris <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote:

>>>Only because of the pope......
>>
>>+ There are a few members of the RCC who also don't believe in murder,
>>alvin. If you look really close in the "BIBLE," you might find
>>mention of thou shalt not murder.
>
> Wow, Private Pile is reading Kings James bible.....

No, no, Alan. He reads the St. James Bible.

> But I wonder when he will see the bit about not lying...

goo goo

23 Mar 2005, 23:54:5823/03/2005

"Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com> wrote in message

goo goo

24 Mar 2005, 00:05:2524/03/2005

Why would you demean this little boy? His mother drowned in front of him,
then after being rescued at sea, he became a pawn in a media extravaganza
feauring the right-wing Cubans in Miami, our Justice Department, and the
Cuban government.

So now he is living with his father in Cuba. That makes him a punk? And what
in hell does this have to do with Terri Schiavo?

Alan Ferris

24 Mar 2005, 01:43:5024/03/2005
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:18:17 -0500, "goo goo"
<laste...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>"Alan Ferris" <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:06:58 -0500, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>
>> wrote:

>>>+ There are a few members of the RCC who also don't believe in murder,
>>>alvin. If you look really close in the "BIBLE," you might find
>>>mention of thou shalt not murder.
>>
>> Wow, Private Pile is reading Kings James bible.....
>
>No, no, Alan. He reads the St. James Bible.

Ah yes, that was funny, stupid, but very funny :)

amban

24 Mar 2005, 06:42:3424/03/2005

"goo goo" <laste...@deadwood.com> wrote in message

Another one of those cases that tear your heart out.

AMBAN

Patrick

24 Mar 2005, 19:42:3624/03/2005
"goo goo" <laste...@deadwood.com> wrote:
>"Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com> wrote in message
>> Mercedes de Acosta wrote:
>>>
>>>What is even more rare is that congress, flexing it's religious muscles,
>>>is getting involved in a simple guardianship case.
>>>The theocracy has begun...beware Patrick, it is a Prot one....
>>
>> + It didn't work last time either.
>> + Remember the Cuban punk - Eliam - or something?
>> + He is comfortable in the Castro shadow now.
>
>Why would you demean this little boy?

+ Why do you defend him?
+ He was a pawn in a huge game that was given up and quickly
forgotten. His story was one of thousands like it. Journalists have
kept the story alive -- when no one even cares anymore.

> His mother drowned in front of him,
>then after being rescued at sea, he became a pawn in a media extravaganza
>feauring the right-wing Cubans in Miami, our Justice Department, and the
>Cuban government.

+ Yup.

>So now he is living with his father in Cuba. That makes him a punk? And what
>in hell does this have to do with Terri Schiavo?

+ You've never eaten Capt D's fish and chips?

Patrick

24 Mar 2005, 19:43:3724/03/2005
amban" <yousayre...@newsguy.com> wrote:

>> And
>> what in hell does this have to do with Terri Schiavo?
>
>Another one of those cases that tear your heart out.

+ Thank you.

Patrick

24 Mar 2005, 19:46:5324/03/2005
lan Ferris <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote:

>>>People cannot re-grow neuronal material......
>>
>>+ Today.
>>+ This is one of the studies my daughter is involved with.
>
>Wow, she changes so often, is that because you are lying? Or are you
>claiming they keep moving her from research team to research team
>because she is not wanted?

+ She is published.
+ You know where she works.
+ Why not google her?

Patrick

24 Mar 2005, 19:49:1424/03/2005
Bard Kesnit wrote:
>, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>>wrote:
>>Mercedes de Acosta wrote:
>>
>>>People cannot re-grow neuronal material......
>>
>>+ Today.
>
> Then why let anyone die? Why not put everyone who is near
>death on the necessary life support so that, if at any time in the
>future we can fix what is wrong, we can bring them back and heal them?

+ Cuz it will never be that easy.
+ Every time we make a huge step forward in life expectency,
da devil comes up with a new disease. We are presently running
out of anti-biotics that fight the diseases we have now.

Patrick

24 Mar 2005, 19:52:2824/03/2005
Mercedes de Acosta wrote:
>stem cell extracts?
>Naughty naughty.
>
>the only way to bridge damaged neurons is that method.....and it won't
>be satisfactory for decades when we are discussing the pre-frontal
>cortices due the multiple synaptic connections that determine cognitive
>function.

+ Do you know how neurons pass information from
one to another? When the liver needs new liver cells,
how is this transmitted to where it needs to go? And,...
where does it need to go? And why there? And,...
what happenes there to cause the body to get better?

+ Ask alvin.
+ He claims to have a "medical" background.

Bard Kesnit

24 Mar 2005, 20:09:1824/03/2005
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:49:14 -0500, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>
wrote:

That doesn't answer my question. If someone is dying from
something we can't fix, just hook them up to life support, keep them
breathing and their heart beating, until we can fix it. Why let anyone
die?

Bard Kesnit

amban

24 Mar 2005, 20:28:0624/03/2005

"Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com> wrote in message

jerk

Mercedes de Acosta

Bard Kesnit

24 Mar 2005, 21:36:5124/03/2005
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 02:32:16 GMT, Mercedes de Acosta
<merc...@ThatFuriousLesbian.uk> wrote:

>Bard Kesnit wrote:
>> That doesn't answer my question. If someone is dying from
>> something we can't fix, just hook them up to life support, keep them
>> breathing and their heart beating, until we can fix it. Why let anyone
>> die?
>>
>> Bard Kesnit
>
>Like the Pope-a-matic?

No, dearheart. Remember, he gets to die tomorrow.

Bard Kesnit

JimR

24 Mar 2005, 23:12:5524/03/2005

"Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com> wrote in message

This brings a thought to mind:

Since gays that contract HIV
Will see it one day turn into full-blown AIDS
Why don't we just withhold THEIR food and water
As soon as they receive a positive diagnosis?

Why should the taxpayer
Have to pay for people that are doomed anyway?
Why, we could just tie them down to hospice beds
And not feed them for two weeks
And they would just "vaporize."

We could call it "Terri's Law."

JimR

24 Mar 2005, 23:14:1324/03/2005

"Bard Kesnit" <vtc...@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message

Let's start with gay AIDS patients.
Cut off their drugs
Cut off their food
Cut off their water.
After all, they're going to die anyway . . .

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

JimR

24 Mar 2005, 23:44:1024/03/2005

"Karen" <p...@barfer.is.a.troll> wrote in message
> "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:
>
> >Since heterosexuals that contract HIV

> >Will see it one day turn into full-blown AIDS
> >Why don't we just withhold THEIR food and water
> >As soon as they receive a positive diagnosis?
> >
> >Why should the taxpayer
> >Have to pay for people that are doomed anyway?
> >Why, we could just tie them down to hospice beds
> >And not feed them for two weeks
> >And they would just "vaporize."

Why do you keep on reposting what I've written?

Are you trying to get around peoples' killfiles? Just what is your
objective?

Message has been deleted

Bard Kesnit

25 Mar 2005, 04:34:1125/03/2005
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:14:13 GMT, "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:

>"Bard Kesnit" <vtc...@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message

>> That doesn't answer my question. If someone is dying from

>> something we can't fix, just hook them up to life support, keep them
>> breathing and their heart beating, until we can fix it. Why let anyone
>> die?
>>
>> Bard Kesnit
>
>Let's start with gay AIDS patients.
>Cut off their drugs
>Cut off their food
>Cut off their water.
>After all, they're going to die anyway . . .

Obviously, you didn't read my post. I was taking Patrick's
argument to the logical conclusion. If we can keep anyone's body
functioning, why should we let anyone die?

Bard Kesnit

Bard Kesnit

25 Mar 2005, 04:35:3525/03/2005
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:44:10 GMT, "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:

>"Karen" <p...@barfer.is.a.troll> wrote in message
>> "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Since heterosexuals that contract HIV
>> >Will see it one day turn into full-blown AIDS
>> >Why don't we just withhold THEIR food and water
>> >As soon as they receive a positive diagnosis?
>> >
>> >Why should the taxpayer
>> >Have to pay for people that are doomed anyway?
>> >Why, we could just tie them down to hospice beds
>> >And not feed them for two weeks
>> >And they would just "vaporize."
>>

>Why do you keep on reposting what I've written?

She's not. If you look at her posts, you'll find she's changed
your comments about gay AIDS patients to comments about straight AIDS
patients.

Bard Kesnit

dvs519

25 Mar 2005, 05:01:4525/03/2005
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:42:22 GMT, Bard Kesnit
<vtc...@hotmail.nospam..com> wrote:

> Which comes back to something I said earlier today. Why let
>anyone die? Why not force everyone to live a half-life (or less) until
>medical technology reaches the point we can cure anything and
>everything?
>
>Bard Kesnit

BOTTOM LINE

Who is going to pay for it?

Thee are another 130,000 patients in the USA who are in the same
condition.

Why just her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dave by the beach
Southern California

dvs519

25 Mar 2005, 05:01:3725/03/2005
wrote:

>Alan Ferris <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote:
>>, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>>wrote:
>>

>>>+ The RCC doesn't want this euthanasia to be sanctioned by the courts.
>>
>>Only because of the pope......
>
>+ There are a few members of the RCC who also don't believe in murder,
>alvin. If you look really close in the "BIBLE," you might find
>mention of thou shalt not murder.

There are many representatives of your church's leadership who have
paid for the girlfriend's abortions.

There have been many popes, who are the "Vicars Of Christ On Earth"
who have lead armies into battle.

Alan Ferris

25 Mar 2005, 05:59:0425/03/2005
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:12:55 GMT, "JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:

>This brings a thought to mind:
>
>Since gays that contract HIV
>Will see it one day turn into full-blown AIDS
>Why don't we just withhold THEIR food and water
>As soon as they receive a positive diagnosis?
>
>Why should the taxpayer
>Have to pay for people that are doomed anyway?
>Why, we could just tie them down to hospice beds
>And not feed them for two weeks
>And they would just "vaporize."
>
>We could call it "Terri's Law."

Did you realise that more is spent on heterosexuals with STD's? No,
you did not, because that would not fit with your bigotry. Must be so
sad to be so full of hate that you seek ignorance rather than
education.

Patrick

25 Mar 2005, 15:06:5325/03/2005
Bard Kesnit <vtc...@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote:
>, Patrick <bark...@erinot.com>>wrote:

>>> Then why let anyone die? Why not put everyone who is near

>>>death on the necessary life support so that, if at any time in the
>>>future we can fix what is wrong, we can bring them back and heal them?
>>
>>+ Cuz it will never be that easy.
>>+ Every time we make a huge step forward in life expectency,
>>da devil comes up with a new disease. We are presently running
>>out of anti-biotics that fight the diseases we have now.
>
> That doesn't answer my question. If someone is dying from
>something we can't fix, just hook them up to life support, keep them
>breathing and their heart beating, until we can fix it. Why let anyone
>die?

+ It isn't possible.

Patrick

25 Mar 2005, 15:09:1125/03/2005
Bard Kesnit wrote:

> Obviously, you didn't read my post. I was taking Patrick's
>argument to the logical conclusion. If we can keep anyone's body
>functioning, why should we let anyone die?

+ And it is a good hypothetical question.
+ It just isn't logical.

Patrick

25 Mar 2005, 15:10:3925/03/2005
JimR" <nob...@noplace.com> wrote:

>Since gays that contract HIV
>Will see it one day turn into full-blown AIDS
>Why don't we just withhold THEIR food and water
>As soon as they receive a positive diagnosis?
>
>Why should the taxpayer
>Have to pay for people that are doomed anyway?
>Why, we could just tie them down to hospice beds
>And not feed them for two weeks
>And they would just "vaporize."
>
>We could call it "Terri's Law."

+ Another good hypothetical question.
+ It makes as much sense as it does to kill Terri.

Patrick

25 Mar 2005, 15:13:2525/03/2005
Alan Ferris <al...@spamddandd.com> wrote:

>Did you realise that more is spent on heterosexuals with STD's? No,
>you did not, because that would not fit with your bigotry. Must be so
>sad to be so full of hate that you seek ignorance rather than
>education.

+ DO you have statistics?
+ Or, are you just making stuff up again?
+ Tell us how much is spent on studying heart disease?
+ How about diabetes? Tell us, alvin.
+ Is the spending consistent with the percentage
of deaths? Or is it one -sided? How does that work, alvin?

It's loading more messages.