Surely not me!

Jerome L. Nelson

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Maggie <lube...@osu.edu> wrote:

> I'm not a drunk. I just like beer - like the buzz. Was
> sober 1 month (Nov - Dec) of this year and went to AA 4-6
days a week.
> I miss some of the people but I don't want to get on that
bandwagon
> again.

Oh, Maggie! I know what you mean, girl. I just loved the
way ___________
(provide booze name here) made me feel. I was sober once
for almost 24 hours
and people were so BORING!!! That AA stuff... Well, can
you BELIEVE that
itshay? That whining...

My goodness, I've been through the looking glass again...

I'll pray for you, Maggie. I hope you find some peace
before you tip a few beers,
drive your car, and kill yourself or, worse, some innocent
man, woman, or child.

Wolfman

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

The day before my sobriety date, I almost did exactly that: I got
drunk, got in my car and almost killed myself and another human being
:(
No one was badly hurt, but I know that I am one drink away from doing
it all over again; we are so blind when we are out there.
I did the 30 day "Stayed sober but am not really an alkie thing" (so
this posting REALLY rings a bell) and I hope Maggie doesn't have to go
through what I did in order to return to AA.

ODAAT,
Wolfman