لم تعُد "مجموعات Google" تتيح المشاركات أو الاشتراكات الجديدة من Usenet. وسيبقى بالإمكان عرض المحتوى السابق.

Fri 20Jan2006 Morning Meds

12 مرّة مشاهدة
التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

Walt R.

غير مقروءة،
20‏/01‏/2006، 1:46:20 ص20‏/1‏/2006
إلى

Friday, January 20th 2006

WOW* Carrying The Message. I went to my regular Wednesday night
meeting yesterday. Since I got to this city a year ago, the meeting
has always been run by newcomers, Salvation Army dudes and people
trying to recover in rehabs and "other programs." Before the meeting
started, I had been sharing my dismay at the fact that we never get to
hear any AA in that meeting. When it came time for the leader to lead
the meeting and open up with a topic...he called on me instead. YIKES!
I was already fired up, having been thinking about "things" all week
long. I opened up with both barrels! I got really passionate about
what I was saying and my voice got louder and faster, BUT...even though
there was anger in my voice...it was ALL out of our Big Book. I shared
that I was tired of hearing everything BUT AA in this meeting, that I
didn't care WHAT OTHER PROGRAM you got here, WHAT your Higher Power's
first name is, or HOW MANY TRUE & FALSE or MULTIPLE CHOICE questions
your "sponsor" made you FILL OUT on your 4th Step! I also shared that
IF YOU DO WHAT WE DO...YOU JUST MIGHT GET A LITTLE SOBER TIME AROUND
HERE! A few of the guys from the Salvation Army were laughing at me
and I suggested to them that they could laugh all they wanted. They
could also go out and try to stay sober using just the Salvation Army
and Jesus Christ and that we would save them a seat in AA IF they make
it back!! After all, WHY do they think those "other programs" send
them to AA anyway? THIS is the easier softer way people! If it could
have been any easier to do...Bill W. would have incorporated it into
our book! Gratefully...a few people with quite a bit of sober time,
shared after I did. They said the same things I did, only perhaps a
little more gently...lol. When I walked into that room last night, I
had three sponsees at the table. Gratefully, I still have those same
three sponsees. A few guys came up to thank to me and one of them
asked me out...lol. Too funny. Just when I think I might be scaring
someone off...my rather "off color" way of carrying the message becomes
an attraction to someone. When I got sober all those years ago, I
needed to HEAR someone talking about the Big Book and OUR PROGRAM! I
needed to SEE it working in other people's lives. I needed to FEEL it
oozing out of my pores. I almost needed to be able to taste it in my
mouth. And I couldn't hear, see, feel or taste anything, unless it was
right in my face. I do not regret my actions in that meeting or the
way I sometimes brutally carry the message. That's what it took for me
to finally be able to "get it." And hopefully, one other sick
alcoholic will hear the message the way I need to carry it sometimes.

(Soberly submitted by Marilyn in Murrieta, California)
**

Melissa

غير مقروءة،
20‏/01‏/2006، 1:59:55 ص20‏/1‏/2006
إلى

Melissa wrote:

< i too have found myself fustrated at percieved injustices. That is,
people who really need to get the message of recovery and just made it
a joke! At some meetings i have actually had to ask people to stop
glorifying there using days. At that time i was there to learn how to
get well, because Lord knows i had the sickness downpat!! But an
important part that we need to keep in mind when dealing with those
strait out of treatment is this, we will not get better or even become
receptive to HEAR recovery until we have a desire to. That is an
internal process that no judge in this land can make us have. So then
i seem to recall the saying, this is a program for those who want it,
not those who need it. i sometimes teeter on the brink of
indesisivness on the issue that we are supposed to make ourselves
available to spread the recovery that we have found, but i get sick of
filtering the nbullshit sometimes. i may even start to build
relationships and then get hurt! So i isolate. You yell and i
isolate. Who is right?

jeffer...@yahoo.com

غير مقروءة،
02‏/06‏/2014، 1:26:21 م2‏/6‏/2014
إلى
AA is bullshit. They brainwash u into thinking its the only way to get sober. Bullshit. Thats why its success rating is less then one percent rite?

Ken P

غير مقروءة،
02‏/06‏/2014، 1:39:11 م2‏/6‏/2014
إلى
On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 10:26:21 -0700 (PDT), jeffer...@yahoo.com <jeffer...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> AA is bullshit. They brainwash u into thinking its the only way to get sober. Bullshit. Thats why its success rating is less then one percent rite?

If you are willing to be reborn, tedw can help you to drink like a
gentleman. You may have to buy his book.

--
Ken P

Mike T.

غير مقروءة،
02‏/06‏/2014، 2:17:40 م2‏/6‏/2014
إلى
AA is not the ONLY way to get sober. It should be the LAST way to get
sober. Don't bother with AA until you've tried everything else and
found it to not work. We'll still be here in case you decide to come
back.

The success rate of AA is impossible to quantify because no one keeps
membership data. In addition the courts dump people who have no desire
to get sober into the AA rooms to get their cards signed. If there
were true numbers kept then they would be severely skewed by the sheer
number of people forced into AA short term by the courts.

--
"Why hate someone for the color of their skin when there are much
better reasons to hate them." ~ Denis Leary

Socrates

غير مقروءة،
02‏/06‏/2014، 2:42:45 م2‏/6‏/2014
إلى
Rite.

We once had a puppy that barked in two syllables. Everyone knows that
dogs can't talk but we all agreed that when he barked it sounded like he
was saying Bullshit. So without forethought, we named him Bullshit.

Even the mailman, who was afraid of dogs laughed when Bullshit barked.
"Sounds like he's saying Bullshit." "Yeah, we know." Naturally, every
time Bullshit misbehaved, I would yell Bullshit! When it was time to
eat...., "here Bullshit."

When you have a dog named Bullshit you have to be careful of watching TV
and commenting with the word bullshit every time you think you see or
hear bullshit because Bullshit will show up all excited, thinking you
have a treat for him.

When Bullshit died my wife wanted to bury him in the back yard, complete
with a tombstone. I talked her out of it. "You can't have a tombstone
in the back yard engraved with 'Here Lies Bullshit,' everyone will think
we're the Adam's Family. Besides, who would ever believe that bullshit
really died?"

She relented but it would be contingent upon one thing, that I stop
yelling *BULLSHIT* every time I heard bullshit because it reminded her
of Bullshit.

I agreed to give it my best. God grant me.......

JoeRaisin

غير مقروءة،
02‏/06‏/2014، 5:14:25 م2‏/6‏/2014
إلى
On 6/2/2014 1:26 PM, jeffer...@yahoo.com wrote:
> AA is bullshit. They brainwash u into thinking its the only way to get sober.
> Bullshit. Thats why its success rating is less then one percent rite?

If someone in AA told you AA was the only way to get sober, that was
their own opinion.

Because it certainly is not.

---

Dexter

غير مقروءة،
02‏/06‏/2014، 9:59:12 م2‏/6‏/2014
إلى
<jeffer...@yahoo.com> wrote in message...

> AA is bullshit. They brainwash u into thinking its the
> only way to get sober. Bullshit. Thats why its success
> rating is less then one percent rite?

Are you telling us? Or are you asking us? If it's
brainwashing then it wouldn't work on you, would
it? Since you already know how it works we'd have
to be pretty dumb to try brainwashing you.

And it certainly isn't the only game in town. There's
Passages Malibu, if you're into the high toned kind
of rehab. That'll only set you back, oh I don't know,
around 85 or 90 thousand bucks a month. If that's
a little steep for you there's Scientology (Narcanon)
where you can get your body Thetans evicted. Now that
doesn't cost quite as much as Passages and you can pay
as you go. But the big reveal at the end will cost you,
and its kind of a let down. (spoiler alert) The Big Kahuna
is an alien called Xenu. If these don't appeal to you then
there's your local rehab, but beds there tend to be scarce
and they actually expect you to follow rules and stuff and
where's the fun in that?

Then there's the Ted Wegener route where you repent
to the Christian Gawd, get super holy and you get to tell
everyone how wrong AA is and how sinful they are. Now
the beauty of this method is you get to practice intolerance
to your heart's content. Gays and blacks and liberals are bad
and gawd wants you to tell anyone who'll listen. Gotta prove
how holy you are, you see.

There are some other, less complicated ways of trying
to get sober that you may want to try but they're not
nearly as interesting. You might try switching from
your preferred form of alcohol to some other form,
say from whisky to beer, or from beer to wine. Or you
might try drinking only on Friday night. Or every other
Wednesday. Or only after 5pm. If you use your imagination
I'm sure you can come up with some strategies for controlling
your drinking that are a whole lot more fun than watching
the calendar or the clock.

Now I used to try to eat a big meal before I went out
drinking just to sort of leave less room for the alcohol.
That made for a messier evening sometimes though,
and it tended to cost more since I had to drink a bit
more to get around all that food, but once I threw up
a time or two there would be more room for the booze
and things might ease up a bit. And driving drunk wasn't
so bad. I only did it, well, just about every time I got
drunk. But hey, it was good most of the time except
for that fire hydrant one night. But since I was only
driving about 15 miles per hour at the time, (hey, I
I was checking out a cute... well, a cute guy, what can
I say?) it didn't do that much damage and I was able
to get to the bar anyway where he showed up, ugly as
a mud fence. I'm one of the lucky ones, I never did
get a DUI, I hear that'll fuck with your drinking, if
you let it.

Another thing I tried was leaving the country, but
that's a story for another time.

But enough about me.

If you hang out here a bit I'm sure the guys (sorry,
it's only guys at the moment, except for one Lady
who's apparently keeping an eye on her man for
reasons of which I'm not entirely sure because he
never talks about other women, except when he does)
can give you more hints for some strategies to stop
drinking. Hell, you could spend the next 20 years or
more trying them out. Meanwhile, some of us have
found a way to stop drinking, but most of us didn't
start with AA.

And most of us didn't stick with AA at first either. We
(meaning me) had to try some of those other things first.
I actually flipped the middle finger on the way out the first
time I tried it. Fuck these old coots, what do they know?
Trouble is, I had a head full of AA and a belly full of booze
and if that doesn't fuck with your head then you should REALLY
hang out here for a while and listen to some of the crazies
that are /still/ trying that method.

I'm just sayin'

Ken P

غير مقروءة،
02‏/06‏/2014، 10:15:20 م2‏/6‏/2014
إلى
That was well put!

--
Ken P

Tex

غير مقروءة،
02‏/06‏/2014، 10:35:11 م2‏/6‏/2014
إلى
On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 21:59:12 -0400, "Dexter" <N...@home.org> wrote:

Enjoyed the read.

Liked the middle finger style to be honest __ cause that is a pretty
honest reaction from my observation and experience.

Now that I have experienced that style from both sides of table it is
even more interesting. To be young and full of you ain't taking my fun
away to being one of the old coots .. well is a trip.

Dexter

غير مقروءة،
02‏/06‏/2014، 10:45:06 م2‏/6‏/2014
إلى
"Ken P" <K...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

Thanks,

Let's just hope he wasn't a drive by poster. The good news is
he's /heard of/ AA. Maybe someday he'll say fuck it and give
it a try.

Regards.

Ted H

غير مقروءة،
02‏/06‏/2014، 10:50:39 م2‏/6‏/2014
إلى
On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 10:26:21 -0700 (PDT),
jeffer...@yahoo.com <jeffer...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hmm... shiny.

--
Ted H.

Dexter

غير مقروءة،
02‏/06‏/2014، 11:01:36 م2‏/6‏/2014
إلى
"Tex" <twiz...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It's a trip that one has to live to experience. And for me, I'm alive
because of this program and the old coots who travelled that road
before me, as well as those, young and old, who travelled it with me.

I'm pretty sure there was a couple of old fellas who shook their
heads when I left, thinking "he'll be back." They were right and
frankly, that's what pissed me off so much - they were right.

تم حذف الرسالة.

Socrates

غير مقروءة،
03‏/06‏/2014، 2:13:28 ص3‏/6‏/2014
إلى
We once had a puppy that barked in two syllables. Everyone knows that
dogs can't talk but we all agreed that when he barked it sounded like he
was saying Bullshit. So without forethought, we named him Bullshit.

Even the mailman, who was afraid of dogs laughed when Bullshit barked.
"Sounds like he's saying Bullshit," he said. "Yeah, we know."
Naturally, every time Bullshit misbehaved, I would yell Bullshit! When
it was time to eat...., "here Bullshit."

When you have a dog named Bullshit you have to be careful when watching
TV or talking to telemarketers. If you /say/ "bullshit" every time you
think you see or hear bullshit, Bullshit will show up all excited,
anticipating a treat.

When Bullshit died Diane wanted to bury him in the back yard, complete
with tombstone. I talked her out of it. "You can't have a tombstone in
the back yard engraved with 'Here Lies Bullshit,' I said, "no one that
/we/ know would ever believe that bullshit was really dead?

She relented but it would be contingent upon one thing, that I stop
yelling *BULLSHIT* every time I heard bullshit because it reminded her
of poor Bullshit.

Socrates

غير مقروءة،
03‏/06‏/2014، 2:14:19 ص3‏/6‏/2014
إلى
On 6/2/2014 11:13 PM, Socrates wrote:
> We once had a puppy that barked in two syllables.

Oop! accident.

Skeezix LaRocca

غير مقروءة،
03‏/06‏/2014، 9:30:11 ص3‏/6‏/2014
إلى
On 06/02/2014 01:26 PM, jeffer...@yahoo.com wrote:
> AA is bullshit. They brainwash u into thinking its the only way to get sober. Bullshit. Thats why its success rating is less then one percent rite?

Try a shock collar, then give the remote to a real ball breaker of a
woman...Guaranteed, you won't be drinkink.

--
Freedom of religion is great, but I'll take freedom FROM it any day.

Dexter

غير مقروءة،
06‏/06‏/2014، 1:27:56 م6‏/6‏/2014
> AA is bullshit. They brainwash u into thinking its the only way to get
> sober.
> Bullshit. Thats why its success rating is less then one percent rite?

Another Drive By Poster

0 رسالة جديدة