Hi all

1 view

RedwolfWV

Apr 23, 2005, 12:35:31 PM4/23/05
I've been lurking around here for a month or so, and thought maybe I'd try
signing up and posting.

My name is Rob, I'm 41, and live in north central West Virginia.

Just had my first AA birthday last week. Sure feels good to be sober, and
my sponsor tells me it only gets better from here. If I don't drink.

Mark Warner

Apr 23, 2005, 12:46:23 PM4/23/05
RedwolfWV wrote:

> ...live in north central West Virginia.

Aw, fer cryin' out loud...

--
Mark Warner
lose .inhibitions when replying

Kai Ruuska

Apr 23, 2005, 12:52:31 PM4/23/05
Mark Warner kirjoitti:

> RedwolfWV wrote:
>
>>...live in north central West Virginia.
>
> Aw, fer cryin' out loud...

He doesn't live one bit in the south or east WV.

Welcome, Ron, and congrats on the year. You get shoes from the homegroup?

--
Kai

Ron G

Apr 23, 2005, 12:51:49 PM4/23/05

"RedwolfWV" <red...@notmyreal.com> wrote in message
Welcome Red and congratulations on your first year. That is a big one!

RonG

Kai Ruuska

Apr 23, 2005, 12:54:34 PM4/23/05
Kai Ruuska kirjoitti:

> Welcome, Ron, and congrats on the year.

Ooops, was supposed to be *Rob*. Sorry about that.

--
Kai

Tara

Apr 23, 2005, 12:54:26 PM4/23/05
RedwolfWV wrote:

> and live in north central West Virginia.

Holy crap!

Hey Craig! You guys can go out for possum burgers together.

Tara

nipntuk

Apr 23, 2005, 1:13:44 PM4/23/05

Mebe they can git together and duck tape their boots - and anything
else thet needs fixin'....

Welcome Rob!

Steve

------------------------------

Visit http://www.nacer.org for the real 'Survivor Yucatan'

Tara

Apr 23, 2005, 12:59:18 PM4/23/05
nipntuk wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:54:26 GMT, Tara <tarag...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >RedwolfWV wrote:
> >>
> >> and live in north central West Virginia.
> >>

> >Holy crap!
> >
> >Hey Craig! You guys can go out for possum burgers together.
> >
> >Tara
>
> Mebe they can git together and duck tape their boots - and anything
> else thet needs fixin'....
>
> Welcome Rob!

Oh yeah. I forgot that part.

Hi Rob! Congrats on your thingie.

Tara

Kai Ruuska

Apr 23, 2005, 1:02:36 PM4/23/05
nipntuk kirjoitti:

> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:54:26 GMT, Tara <tarag...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>>RedwolfWV wrote:
>>
>>> and live in north central West Virginia.
>>>

>>Holy crap!
>>
>>Hey Craig! You guys can go out for possum burgers together.
>>
>>Tara
>

> Mebe they can git together and duck tape their boots - and anything
> else thet needs fixin'....

I hear possum meat is tender and easy to chew, even if you barely have
any teeth.

Oh, BTW, we call duct tape "Jesus tape" over here. Another name for it
is "road crew tape", because they use it for, well, everything. Do the
folks working with actual airducts ever use it?

--
Kai

Chronocidal Charlie

Apr 23, 2005, 1:07:39 PM4/23/05

Srgnt Billko

Apr 23, 2005, 1:08:20 PM4/23/05

"Ron G" <r...@network12.com> wrote in message

Sounds great - very nice to have someone here who actually "uses" a sponsor.
I heard Ernie K say there are some real good meetings in your neck of the
woods.

David M

Apr 23, 2005, 1:14:10 PM4/23/05
Kai Ruuska wrote:

> Oh, BTW, we call duct tape "Jesus tape" over here.
> Another name for it is "road crew tape", because they
> use it for, well, everything. Do the folks working with
> actual airducts ever use it?

Duct tape is the clearest example of the Force in action because
it is light on side, dark on the other, and it holds everything
together.

ByTor

Apr 23, 2005, 1:58:41 PM4/23/05
In article
<19c377a764537f89...@localhost.talkaboutrecovery.com>,
red...@notmyreal.com, RedwolfWV says...

Welcome Red..........Congrats on your first birthday..... ;0)

A whole month? What took ya so long...... >;0)

RedwolfWV

Apr 23, 2005, 2:38:24 PM4/23/05
Possum eh? I don't know about that, but, i'll try to keep an open mind if I
get *real* hungry. Now squirrel!! Thats a treat :)

I'm not a WV native. Originally I'm from Tacoma, WA. but WV has been home
for the last 7 years. That "geographical cure" thing ya know.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Kai Ruuska

Apr 23, 2005, 2:44:04 PM4/23/05
David M kirjoitti:

Thank you, Master Yoda.

--
Kai

nipntuk

Apr 23, 2005, 3:15:18 PM4/23/05
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:02:36 +0300, Kai Ruuska <sob...@luukku.com>
wrote:

I saw a show on the subject which purported that the use of it for
ducts (and the adhesive breaks down and dries out over time for that
application) proceeded it's development by the US Navy as a waterproof
tape, which could be applied during complete immersion - hence the
proper name: duck tape. I can attest to it's waterproof qualities,
once having used it to secure polyethylene & Styrofoam sheets to a PVC
frame for a dome over our swimming pool for the winter - that was the
extent of materials used. Worked GREAT! Cranked up the heater to 105
and had a veritable hot tub that year. The neighbors saw a cloud of
steam coming up over the back of the house when someone left the
entrance open one day and called the fire department. The firemen
cracked up when they saw the source of the 'smoke' cloud. I offered
'em a beer and a swim, but I guess they had better things to do.

rosie read n' post

Apr 23, 2005, 3:19:27 PM4/23/05
welcome to the group, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

--
rosie
http://www.codepinkalert.org/

F.H.

Apr 23, 2005, 3:52:59 PM4/23/05

Hi Rob,

Warm welcome to the Cuckoo's Nest.

Frank

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jimbo

Apr 23, 2005, 8:13:48 PM4/23/05

"Kai Ruuska" wrote

Do the folks working with actual airducts ever use it?

No, the code calls for aluminum tape.
Jim

Grace

Apr 23, 2005, 8:09:35 PM4/23/05

Hi Rob. The old farts with a zillion years of sobriety will be along
soon to tear you to shreds.

Grace

Apr 23, 2005, 8:12:58 PM4/23/05

OK. I have to ask. Why "Jesus tape"?

Grace

Apr 23, 2005, 8:11:58 PM4/23/05
Tara wrote:

>> Welcome Rob!
>>

> Oh yeah. I forgot that part.
>
> Hi Rob! Congrats on your thingie.
>
> Tara

Never mind that. Do you look like Brad Pitt?

Grace

Apr 23, 2005, 8:16:41 PM4/23/05
Hey, Rob. Been to Tacoma lately? Its cleaning up pretty nice.

ByTor

Apr 23, 2005, 8:36:55 PM4/23/05
In article <d4eo8...@enews4.newsguy.com>, grac...@spiritone.com,
Grace says...

I don't though, But I look more like Hugh Jackman, would that be
better??

Grace

Apr 23, 2005, 8:15:34 PM4/23/05
Srgnt Billko wrote:

> Sounds great - very nice to have someone here who actually "uses" a sponsor.
> I heard Ernie K say there are some real good meetings in your neck of the
> woods.

Rob, Sarge is one of our resident thumps. He is always trying to show
us the light.

Tara

Apr 23, 2005, 8:37:31 PM4/23/05

Much. One of my friends looks so much like Hugh Jackman in X-Men that
little kids stop him on the street and ask him if he's Wolverine.

Of course it could just be the hair.

Tara

Ron G

Apr 23, 2005, 8:47:16 PM4/23/05

"Grace" <grac...@spiritone.com> wrote in message

GaryE already fired the first shot.

RonG

Grace

Apr 23, 2005, 9:13:09 PM4/23/05
Who is Hugh Jackman?

ByTor

Apr 23, 2005, 10:08:59 PM4/23/05
In article <d4err...@enews1.newsguy.com>, grac...@spiritone.com,
Grace says...

Van Helsing, X-Men...Played Wolverine..........

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0413168/

Craig S.

Apr 23, 2005, 11:11:59 PM4/23/05

> Kai Ruuska wrote:

> > Oh, BTW, we call duct tape "Jesus tape" over here. Another name for it
> > is "road crew tape", because they use it for, well, everything.
> >

> OK. I have to ask. Why "Jesus tape"?

Because the tape and a prayer is all that will be holding the thing
together.

Craig S.

Apr 23, 2005, 11:15:40 PM4/23/05
"Chronocidal Charlie" <cle...@hot.rr.com> wrote in message

> Hey! We got another "West By-Gawder" here some place. He prolly be along
in
> a minute, that is if the weather up there is right for a rain out or snow
> play day

It's snowing right now. Happy spring.

Craig S.

Apr 23, 2005, 11:32:38 PM4/23/05
"RedwolfWV" <red...@notmyreal.com> wrote in message

> My name is Rob, I'm 41, and live in north central West Virginia.

Somewhere along the I-79 corridor?

I'm in the southern coalfields. Here's a family photo:
http://tinyurl.com/aylez

RedwolfWV

Apr 24, 2005, 12:44:04 AM4/24/05
Unfortunatly, not for about 3 years Grace, although I keep in fairly close
contact with my mom and my uncle. They do a pretty good job of keeping me
updated.

Would like to get over that way this summer, but its not looking like it
will happen.

Are you in Tacoma or thereabouts??

RedwolfWV

Apr 24, 2005, 12:49:05 AM4/24/05
LOL Gary! Good question.

Well, about 9 years ago, I met this lady on the internet......

I think you get the picture :)

I dont have the BB memorized by any means, but on occasion I get lucky and
can recall a page number (and even the stuff on it! LOL!) My sponsor is a
big-book-thumpin, work-a-step-or-die-bitc* kinda guy. He keeps me on my
toes, and that is a good thing.

RedwolfWV

Apr 24, 2005, 12:50:46 AM4/24/05
Yep, I'm just off I79, south of Morgantown.

Good lookin hawg in that pic ;)

Jimbo

Apr 24, 2005, 12:56:31 AM4/24/05

"Craig S." wrote

I'm in the southern coalfields. Here's a family photo:

Yer maw looks tuckered out!
Jim

Tara

Apr 24, 2005, 1:09:50 AM4/24/05

I see you brought out your dressy cowboy hat for the occasion.

Tara

Tara

Apr 24, 2005, 1:12:12 AM4/24/05
RedwolfWV wrote:

> Yep, I'm just off I79, south of Morgantown.
>
> Good lookin hawg in that pic ;)

HEY! No flirting with his ex-girlfriend/dinner

A little respect please.

Tara

nipntuk

Apr 24, 2005, 1:36:31 AM4/24/05
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:32:38 -0400, "Craig S." <cspu...@charter.net>
wrote:

Yew gotta purdy mouth, boy...

------------------------------

Visit http://www.nacer.org for the real 'Survivor Yucatan'

Grace

Apr 24, 2005, 1:42:00 AM4/24/05

Portland, but I go to the Seattle area a few times per year.

Kai Ruuska

Apr 24, 2005, 4:03:07 AM4/24/05
Grace kirjoitti:

> OK. I have to ask. Why "Jesus tape"?

Because it can do miracles. I'm pretty certain you can revive dead
people with it in right circumstances.

--
Kai

Srgnt Billko

Apr 24, 2005, 7:13:27 AM4/24/05

"Grace" <grac...@spiritone.com> wrote in message

Grace - either you don't understand the use of the term thumps - or are you
just trying to piss-off the Big Book thumpers who would mightily disagree
with you ?

Mark Warner

Apr 24, 2005, 8:35:11 AM4/24/05
RedwolfWV wrote:
> Yep, I'm just off I79, south of Morgantown.

They named that place after Craig's little brother.

--
Mark Warner
lose .inhibitions when replying

Tim and Lisa

Apr 24, 2005, 10:19:09 AM4/24/05

"RedwolfWV" <red...@notmyreal.com> wrote in message
> I've been lurking around here for a month or so, and thought maybe I'd try
> signing up and posting.
>
> My name is Rob, I'm 41, and live in north central West Virginia.
>
> Just had my first AA birthday last week. Sure feels good to be sober, and
> my sponsor tells me it only gets better from here. If I don't drink.

Welcome Rob!! Happy B-day that's awesome. ;o)

RedwolfWV

Apr 24, 2005, 10:33:30 AM4/24/05
Sorry to dissapoint, I don't look a thing like Brad Pitt. I do some
competitive shooting, and have to dress up like a cowboy when I do. Been
told I resemble Hank Williams Jr. in my git-up. I've used the nick "Rank"
Williams Jr. too ;)

There's a pic of me here if your interested. Good for my ego ya know :)

http://home.ma.rr.com/fourhundredacres/pics/guns/preacherashes2ashes.JPG

Grace

Apr 24, 2005, 10:24:29 AM4/24/05
Srgnt Billko wrote:
> "Grace" <grac...@spiritone.com> wrote in message

>>Rob, Sarge is one of our resident thumps. He is always trying to show

>>us the light.
>
> Grace - either you don't understand the use of the term thumps - or are you
> just trying to piss-off the Big Book thumpers who would mightily disagree
> with you ?

The thumps also don't get annoyed when we don'd show them the proper
(to them) adulation.

Tim and Lisa

Apr 24, 2005, 10:40:12 AM4/24/05

"nipntuk" <car...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>Oh, BTW, we call duct tape "Jesus tape" over here. Another name for it
>>is "road crew tape", because they use it for, well, everything. Do the
>>folks working with actual airducts ever use it?

They even made a whole book about it :

http://img259.echo.cx/my.php?image=pdrm01520so.jpg

http://img259.echo.cx/my.php?image=pdrm01518ot.jpg

www.ducttapeguys.com

Craig S.

Apr 24, 2005, 11:28:56 AM4/24/05
Are you better at shooting than fishing?:
http://tinyurl.com/bnnjk

Ray Pearson

Apr 24, 2005, 11:36:27 AM4/24/05
> "RedwolfWV" <red...@notmyreal.com> wrote in message
> > I've been lurking around here for a month or so, and thought maybe I'd
try
> > signing up and posting.
> >
> > My name is Rob, I'm 41, and live in north central West Virginia.

BTW that is West By God Virginia, bastard state through political rape.

from one mountaineer to another

Goddam war of northern aggression

BTW again, My guns are bigger than yours<G>
Ray

Grace

Apr 24, 2005, 11:56:57 AM4/24/05

Geez - I must not have been awake again (that'll teach me not to post
before having a slug of tea in the morning). I meant to say that the
thumps get really poed when we don't kiss their asses.

Grace

Apr 24, 2005, 11:55:07 AM4/24/05
Yup - you do look a little like Hank Jr. Don't take the Brad comment
persoanlly - we ask all the guys that question :-)

nipntuk

Apr 24, 2005, 12:53:56 PM4/24/05
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 08:55:07 -0700, Grace <grac...@spiritone.com>
wrote:

>Don't take the Brad comment persoanlly - we ask all the guys that question :-)

never asked me, Grace....

Tim and Lisa

Apr 24, 2005, 12:44:40 PM4/24/05

> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 08:55:07 -0700, Grace <grac...@spiritone.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Don't take the Brad comment persoanlly - we ask all the guys that question
>>:-)
>
> never asked me, Grace....

Me neither...:o(

David M

Apr 24, 2005, 1:22:24 PM4/24/05

Kai Ruuska

Apr 24, 2005, 1:35:02 PM4/24/05
David M kirjoitti:

Thanks, David. Wonder why creationists haven't realized the existence
of duct tape is probably their strongest case for Intelligent Design?

--
Kai

Ray Pearson

Apr 24, 2005, 1:43:59 PM4/24/05

"Kai Ruuska" <sob...@luukku.com> wrote in message news:d4gla7$81r$1@phys->

> Thanks, David. Wonder why creationists haven't realized the existence
> of duct tape is probably their strongest case for Intelligent Design?

My motto,,,

When in doubt
.
.
.
.
Duct it.

Jimbo

Apr 24, 2005, 3:26:09 PM4/24/05

"RedwolfWV" wrote

There's a pic of me here if your interested. Good for my ego ya know :)

You must have a bad spondsor cuz AA Rule #242 clearly states "No guns ffor
the first five years." Too many drunks end up eating them.
Jim

Grace

Apr 24, 2005, 3:45:49 PM4/24/05
Oh I knew all about the wart removing power of duck tape, but can it
walk on water?

Grace

Apr 24, 2005, 3:44:20 PM4/24/05

Its a new thing, Steve. You are grandfathered in, so it no longer
matters who or what you look like :-)

David M

Apr 24, 2005, 4:44:38 PM4/24/05
Grace wrote:
> David M wrote:

>> http://shorterlink.com/?INV9WK

> Oh I knew all about the wart removing power of duck
> tape, but can it walk on water?

"On Saturday, March 24, 2001, the Wilson Middle School MESA
(Math, Engineering, Science Achievement) team placed first in
the annual state Jamboree competition out of 47 middle schools
across the state. This year's events included math, science and
engineering competitions, and a prepared speech contest. In the
Walk on Water competition, a student had to walk across a
swimming pool wearing shoes made out of plastic bottles and duct
tape."

http://www.aps.edu/aps/wilson/MESA/awards.html

Ray Pearson

Apr 24, 2005, 5:17:54 PM4/24/05

"Jimbo" <jbl...@videotron.ca> wrote in message

that's funny, cuz I carried to my first meeting, them drunks might try to
rob you or something<G>

Tommy

Apr 24, 2005, 5:39:42 PM4/24/05
In news:19c377a764537f89...@localhost.talkaboutrecovery.com,
RedwolfWV <> was heard piping ``(*^(\)

> I've been lurking around here for a month or so, and thought maybe I'd try
> signing up and posting.
>
> My name is Rob, I'm 41, and live in north central West Virginia.

> Just had my first AA birthday last week. Sure feels good to be sober, and

> my sponsor tells me it only gets better from here. If I don't drink.

Talk about confusion - is it West, North, or fecking Central -
KCB and meet Craig, he'll straighten you out -))
Tommy

nipntuk

Apr 24, 2005, 6:13:21 PM4/24/05
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:44:20 -0700, Grace <grac...@spiritone.com>
wrote:

Somehow the term 'grandfathered' gives me little comfort...

Jimbo

Apr 24, 2005, 6:25:28 PM4/24/05

"Ray Pearson" wrote

that's funny, cuz I carried to my first meeting, them drunks might try to
rob you or something<G>

Seriously, I won't sponsor people who own guns.
Jim

Grace

Apr 24, 2005, 6:48:30 PM4/24/05
Seems like an smart policy to me.

Grace

Apr 24, 2005, 6:47:12 PM4/24/05
Oh my gawd, David. You really do know everything. Maybe you are really
Jesus in disguise.

Grace

Apr 24, 2005, 6:49:34 PM4/24/05
nipntuk wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:44:20 -0700, Grace <grac...@spiritone.com>
> wrote:
>

>>nipntuk wrote:

>>> never asked me, Grace....
>>>

>>Its a new thing, Steve. You are grandfathered in, so it no longer
>>matters who or what you look like :-)
>

> Somehow the term 'grandfathered' gives me little comfort...

Oh-Oh. I'd better quit for the day :-)

Jimbo

Apr 25, 2005, 12:35:57 AM4/25/05

"Grace" wrote

Seems like an smart policy to me.

In 24 years in Montreal, I know of 5 men who killed themselves with guns and
2 women who used the guns of men they were living with.

The phrase "resentment is the number one offerender rings a bell."
Jim

Craig S.

Apr 25, 2005, 6:55:24 AM4/25/05
"Jimbo" <jbl...@videotron.ca> wrote in message

West Virginia is a gun loving state. I think it has something to do with a
historical streak of independence.

Craig S.

Apr 25, 2005, 6:57:04 AM4/25/05
"Tommy" <tommyle...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I live in central southern West Virginia. Yep, that should clear things up.
8~)

RedwolfWV

Apr 25, 2005, 7:19:42 AM4/25/05
Clear as mud!

I'm going to a "Round Up" this weekend. I'll be in kindof South Central
West Virginia too then!

Craig S.

Apr 25, 2005, 8:14:12 AM4/25/05
> Clear as mud!
>
> I'm going to a "Round Up" this weekend. I'll be in kind of South Central
> West Virginia too then!

Where at? Wrong time of year for Bluestone.

RedwolfWV

Apr 25, 2005, 8:18:46 AM4/25/05
Jacksons Mill. I think there will be 6 speakers. Perpeptual meeting over in
the lodge, bonfire at night, good food, great people, and the coffee is
free.

Rob

Apr 25, 2005, 9:16:11 AM4/25/05
Just testing. Got Agent back up and running. Gonna try that instead of
the web interface for here.

Wayne and Maureen

Apr 25, 2005, 9:49:15 AM4/25/05

"Craig S." <cspu...@charter.net> wrote in message
When I lived there it had alot to do with putting food on the
table........:>)
wayne

Kai Ruuska

Apr 25, 2005, 10:26:55 AM4/25/05
Wayne and Maureen kirjoitti:

> "Craig S." <cspu...@charter.net> wrote in message
>

>>West Virginia is a gun loving state. I think it has something to do with
>>historical streak of independence.
>>

> When I lived there it had alot to do with putting food on the
> table........:>)

Maureen a little lazy in the kitchen?

--
Kai

Jimbo

Apr 25, 2005, 11:09:28 AM4/25/05

"Craig S." wrote

West Virginia is a gun loving state. I think it has something to do with a
historical streak of independence.

I spend a bit of time in Vermont and was amazed at the number of people who
carry there. I believe that they have a seven day wait and you can openly
pack a hand gun.

The obvious question for me has been if they can and do carry guns then why
is the use of guns in crimes so low?

Is that Democrats can pack without using?
Jim

Ron G

Apr 25, 2005, 11:52:22 AM4/25/05

"Jimbo" <jbl...@videotron.ca> wrote in message
According to some reports gun deaths in the US has declined however if you
compare gun deaths in the US to other countries, the US still has the
largest amount of gun deaths by far.

Gun packing is a republican issue. I would guess that more republicans pack
guns than democrats, therefore if so, it would stand to reason that
republicans kill more people with guns than do democrats.

RonG

Ray Pearson

Apr 25, 2005, 12:28:22 PM4/25/05

>> Gun packing is a republican issue.
No it isn't, most republicans and most libertarians believe that we have a
right to protect ourselves, it is a liberal democrat issue as they are the
ones who want to take my gun away. arrest and convict criminals then gun
violence would reduce wildly. I do jnot have the facts, i will research, but
I suspect that 80% 90% of people who kill people are already multiple felons
and are forbidden to own a firearm anyway. So IMO taking away my legally
owned firearm will not stop the killing. don't tell me that if we get all
the guns off the street everything would be good. Lets see wee tried that
with booze and drugs, how well has that worked so far?

>I would guess that more republicans pack
> guns than democrats, therefore if so, it would stand to reason that
> republicans kill more people with guns than do democrats.

I realize that you are only trying to be "funny" or "snide" but your
assumption is invalid. I believe that if you look for facts, you will find
that more people are killed by current criminals who own their arms
illegally. Every one talks about how bad true machine or true assault
weapons are neglect to tell the facts that only twice since 1935 has a
legally owned class three weapon been used in a criminal manner. I've
carried for more than 30 years, aint killed anyone.

David M

Apr 25, 2005, 12:33:57 PM4/25/05
Grace wrote:

> Oh my gawd, David. You really do know everything.
> Maybe you are really Jesus in disguise.

Shhhh!

F.H.

Apr 25, 2005, 12:37:57 PM4/25/05

The Democrats will see the value of unlimited availability of handguns
when the Republican *vision* of a balance of power and fiscal policy has
played out, i.e., equal parts aristocracy, theology and corporatism
coupled with unmanageable national debt and a grossly inequitable system
of taxation. Of course by *that* time Republicans will have wisely
changed their stance on gun ownership and the Big Three will take turns
via their vast media outlets reminding the patriotic children of God of
the importance of tithing and doing their part for their country.

Democrats? Did someone say democrats? Death to the traitors, *Long
Live The King!

Message has been deleted

Ron G

Apr 25, 2005, 1:14:07 PM4/25/05

"Ray Pearson" <tat...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "Ron G" <r...@network12.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> Gun packing is a republican issue.
> No it isn't, most republicans and most libertarians believe that we have a
> right to protect ourselves, it is a liberal democrat issue as they are the
> ones who want to take my gun away. arrest and convict criminals then gun
> violence would reduce wildly. I do jnot have the facts, i will research,
but
> I suspect that 80% 90% of people who kill people are already multiple
felons
> and are forbidden to own a firearm anyway. So IMO taking away my legally
> owned firearm will not stop the killing. don't tell me that if we get all
> the guns off the street everything would be good. Lets see wee tried that
> with booze and drugs, how well has that worked so far?

I didn't make myself very clear.

I was addressing gun deaths overall. This includes gun deaths by criminals,
suicides, accidental, etc. The numbers are very high in the US. I was not
addressing whether someone should or should not own a gun. I own several
myself.

> >I would guess that more republicans pack
> > guns than democrats, therefore if so, it would stand to reason that
> > republicans kill more people with guns than do democrats.
> >

> I realize that you are only trying to be "funny" or "snide" but your
> assumption is invalid. I believe that if you look for facts, you will find
> that more people are killed by current criminals who own their arms
> illegally. Every one talks about how bad true machine or true assault
> weapons are neglect to tell the facts that only twice since 1935 has a
> legally owned class three weapon been used in a criminal manner. I've
> carried for more than 30 years, aint killed anyone.

In general, the second amendment has been a strong Republican issue. The
Democrates have wanted to limit the type of guns that a person should be
able to own. And yes, I was attempting to be funny about Republicans killing
more people than Democrates.

RonG

Ron G

Apr 25, 2005, 1:19:03 PM4/25/05

"F.H." <conn...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I take it, you are off your meds from your recent hospital visit and back to
your old self.

How many copies of the Time magazine issue with Ann Coulter did you buy for
your collection? I know you are such a fan.

RonG

Mark Warner

Apr 25, 2005, 1:24:38 PM4/25/05
Ron G wrote:
> "F.H." wrote

>> Democrats? Did someone say democrats? Death to the traitors, *Long
>> Live The King!
>
> I take it, you are off your meds from your recent hospital visit and
> back to your old self.
>
> How many copies of the Time magazine issue with Ann Coulter did you
> buy for your collection? I know you are such a fan.

Weren't none left. Goz bought 'em up for Christmas presents.

--
Mark Warner
lose .inhibitions when replying

Ron G

Ron G

Apr 25, 2005, 1:34:39 PM4/25/05
"Ray Pearson" <tat...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "Ron G" <r...@network12.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> Gun packing is a republican issue.
> No it isn't, most republicans and most libertarians believe that we have a
> right to protect ourselves, it is a liberal democrat issue as they are the
> ones who want to take my gun away. arrest and convict criminals then gun
> violence would reduce wildly. I do jnot have the facts, i will research,
but
> I suspect that 80% 90% of people who kill people are already multiple
felons
> and are forbidden to own a firearm anyway. So IMO taking away my legally
> owned firearm will not stop the killing. don't tell me that if we get all
> the guns off the street everything would be good. Lets see wee tried that
> with booze and drugs, how well has that worked so far?

I didn't make myself very clear.

I was addressing gun deaths overall. This includes gun deaths by criminals,
suicides, accidental, etc. The numbers are very high in the US. I was not
addressing whether someone should or should not own a gun. I own several
myself.

> >I would guess that more republicans pack
> > guns than democrats, therefore if so, it would stand to reason that
> > republicans kill more people with guns than do democrats.
> >

> I realize that you are only trying to be "funny" or "snide" but your
> assumption is invalid. I believe that if you look for facts, you will find
> that more people are killed by current criminals who own their arms
> illegally. Every one talks about how bad true machine or true assault
> weapons are neglect to tell the facts that only twice since 1935 has a
> legally owned class three weapon been used in a criminal manner. I've
> carried for more than 30 years, aint killed anyone.

Tara

Apr 25, 2005, 1:49:32 PM4/25/05

Might be worth watching "Bowling for Columbine"

Tara

F.H.

Apr 25, 2005, 1:52:30 PM4/25/05
Mark Warner wrote:
> Ron G wrote:
>
>>"F.H." wrote
>>
>>>Democrats? Did someone say democrats? Death to the traitors, *Long
>>>Live The King!
>>
>>I take it, you are off your meds from your recent hospital visit and
>>back to your old self.
>>
>>How many copies of the Time magazine issue with Ann Coulter did you
>>buy for your collection? I know you are such a fan.
>

> Weren't none left. Goz bought 'em up for Christmas presents.

Except for the one he takes to the bathroom.

F.H.

Apr 25, 2005, 1:56:37 PM4/25/05
Ron G wrote:

> I take it, you are off your meds from your recent hospital visit and back to
> your old self.

Heh, good to know you recognize unbridled brilliance.

> How many copies of the Time magazine issue with Ann Coulter did you buy for
> your collection? I know you are such a fan.

If she says we are in a state of decline I guess she now has a way to
prove it.

Wayne and Maureen

Apr 25, 2005, 3:20:45 PM4/25/05

"Kai Ruuska" <sob...@luukku.com> wrote in message
LOL! Maureen loves to cook but I was talking about when I was a kid in W.
Va. I can see my wife skinning a squirrel for supper.....never
happen.....:>)
wayne

Ted L.

Apr 25, 2005, 3:26:06 PM4/25/05

Ted L.

Benedictus, qui venit in nomine Domini.
"Tara" <tarag...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> ByTor wrote:
> >
> > In article <d4eo8...@enews4.newsguy.com>, grac...@spiritone.com,
> > Grace says...

> > > Never mind that. Do you look like Brad Pitt?
> > >

> > I don't though, But I look more like Hugh Jackman, would that be
> > better??
>
> Much. One of my friends looks so much like Hugh Jackman in X-Men that
> little kids stop him on the street and ask him if he's Wolverine.
>
> Of course it could just be the hair.
>
> Tara

Ted L.

Apr 25, 2005, 3:29:44 PM4/25/05
"ByTor" <By...@snowdog.com> wrote in message

> I don't though, But I look more like Hugh Jackman, would that be
> better??

I've been told I look like Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi...

F.H.

Apr 25, 2005, 3:31:33 PM4/25/05
Ted L. wrote:
> "ByTor" <By...@snowdog.com> wrote in message
>
>>I don't though, But I look more like Hugh Jackman, would that be
>>better??
>>

> I've been told I look like Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi...

Maybe if you stopped walking around your neighborhood in your bathrobe......

Ted L.

Apr 25, 2005, 3:32:58 PM4/25/05

> >> never asked me, Grace....

Me neither.

> >Its a new thing, Steve. You are grandfathered in, so it no longer
> >matters who or what you look like :-)
>

> Somehow the term 'grandfathered' gives me little comfort...

Kathy'd love to discover I was a grandfather. Legitimately, of course.

Kai Ruuska

Apr 25, 2005, 3:38:07 PM4/25/05
F.H. kirjoitti:

I've got this visual of Obi-Wan fighting the Death Grass with a light
saber...

--
Kai

Craig S.

Apr 25, 2005, 3:48:37 PM4/25/05
"RedwolfWV" <red...@notmyreal.com> wrote in message

Heck, that's just down the road from where you are. If you want to have
some fun, start asking around if anybody knows Craig from Beckley. Just
tell them I've been dead drunk for the last couple years ever since they
threw me off the Summer Fun Roundup committee. That oughta stir up the
rumor mill.

It is loading more messages.