The MYTT (Massive Yet Tiny) Engine

Harbin

May 21, 2006, 7:23:30 PM5/21/06

The MYT engine is the result of a $4 million dollar R&D project undertaken by Angel Labs LLC to build the ultimate internal combusion engine. Inspired by drag racing, inventor Raphial Morgado designed the engine with a focus on power, torque, and fuel-efficiency to meet the hefty demands of the today's automotive applications in a lightweight package. The result was a revolutionary design with a power-to-weight ratio up to 40 to 1, over 3,000 ft/lbs of torque, and a diesel-mode mileage in excess of 150 mpg!

The MYT™ (Massive Yet Tiny) Engine, is a breakthrough of immense
proportions that will spawn the next industrial revolution and will rocket the internal
combustion engine into the next millennium. Please spread the word.

--
SeeYaa:) Harbin Osteen KG6URO

-

Dan

May 21, 2006, 10:05:38 PM5/21/06
I'll be sure to put one on with my new teflon skirt!

Dan

Buy_Sell

May 21, 2006, 10:33:10 PM5/21/06
Hi Dan,

I also thought that this was a scam but after looking over the patent,
I think that I might take a closer look at this one.
http://www.angellabsllc.com/docs/6739307.pdf

The quasiturbine engine is another one of these new engine designs but
I don't think that they ever figured out how to seal the rotary pistons
properly. Wankel had similar troubles.

This MYT engine seems to have solved that problem by having their
pistons follow a channel in one direction only. The pistons do not
reciprocate in direction, they go in one direction only. I'll have to
study this design more closely before discarding it as a fraud. I love
new technologies, so this one is worth researching.

Dan - Sun, May 21 2006 8:05 pm

Dan

May 22, 2006, 10:40:00 AM5/22/06
George,

I'm a born skeptic, one who believes that extraordinary claims require
extraordinary evidence. I think "...a breakthrough of immense
proportions, that will spawn the next industrial revolution, and will
rocket the Internal Combustion Engine into the next millenium[sic]" is
just such an extraordinary claim.

The patent just means they've registered the idea, not that it actually
works. Every diet pill commercial on cable will have a patent number.
My favorite patent is number 4,320,756 also known as the toilet snorkel
(look up the number on google and you'll find it!). Likewise if you
browse through the patent listings you can find plenty of free energy
("zero point energy") and dowsing devices. How many patents does
Moller--my favorite strawman--have?

Every word of their website screams scam. They mention their other
automotive inventions, but oh, where are they? They also mention
they've been featured in "American Antigravity Online Magazine" that's
lovely. Their site also says they want to remain an "intellectual
property company." Translation: we never intend to actually produce
things. Now I understand why they wanted the LLC. Skimming through
the message boards I found out that one of Raphial's "automotive
inventions" is a flying car. Have I mentioned Paul Moller recently?

On the message boards Jin, the guy who apparently runs the company, has
recommended the following ways that we can "invest:"

>1. selling tickets for the historical day of Angel's Flight pack public demonstration (Raphial will demonstrate the first time,
>a human being flies like a bird for an extended period using the MYT.). Once we are ready with the event, we can
>auction advertising spots to sponsoring companies as well as TV stations.
>What do you guys think? How much should be the ticket cost?
>
>2. Advanced orders: People who down pay for the engine will receive the MYT Engine first in line as soon as production
>begins. We have to allocate the quota to our licensees. 14" MYT Engine and 2.4 liter Engine are two candidates.
>
>3. simple loan: We can issue promissory notes to people who want to help us. At maturity, we can pay back with interest.
>We wouldn't bother unless there were sufficient proceeds to complete specific projects.

Just because they're too suave to photoshop hovercraft skirts to 747s
doesn't mean they're legit.

Dan

Dave Schneider

May 22, 2006, 10:52:37 AM5/22/06
The picture of the guy standing between the two "comparable" engines is
actually hilarious! Iteresting though. When it becomes as common,
dependable, and affordable as a regular piston engine, I'll consider it.
:-)

"Dan" <dbhy...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ken Roberts

May 22, 2006, 2:29:28 PM5/22/06
I think I'll throw in with you here Dave.

It's not so much the size comparison, but the unconvincing diagrams in
the patent document. At least this guy wrote up what seems to be a
genuine patent that might be on file. I didn't read the patent though.

Interesting thing about the US patent office: They don't insist that
an idea work before it gets patented, nor do they insist that the
device be practical or even useful.

Again, if this thing works and becomes mainstream enough to get parts
for it in a small town, I'll start paying more attention.

Buy_Sell

May 22, 2006, 4:11:08 PM5/22/06
Most of the population are skeptical of such claims but it is my nature
to listen to anyone who has a story to tell. I truly believe that the
modern internal combustion engine is well overdue for an overhaul. It
really has too many inefficiencies designed into it.

There was another engine designer called Coates and he replaced the
valve train on engines to remove some of the wasted horsepower. His
idea works quite well and it can be purchased on the open market. ( He
is mostly into motorcycle engines.) The funny thing is, that you would
expect an idea like his to be installed in all modern engines, but it
isn't. Why not? Is it all about money, royalties or does the world
not really care about efficiencies? http://www.coatesengine.com/

I've also been watching Moller and his projects for over ten years. It
is very interesting what Moller is doing. I've watched Burt Rutan as
long as I can remember. He is an absolutely brilliant engineer and has
managed to find the resources to see his ideas come to reality. There
are many of them out there. http://www.moller.com/
http://www.scaled.com/

Big business is a completely different animal. They want to make
money. If big business sees that something is going to interfere with
the global economy of the world, then big business is not going to
promote those ideas. You can call it the conspiracy theory but have a
closer look.

I live in Canada. The average Joe would like the Canadian dollar to be
worth the same amount as the US dollar, so that we don't feel like we
are getting ripped off, everytime that we purchase something from the
USA. The problem with that idea is that if the Canadian dollar does
become par with the USA, then it becomes unattractive for the USA to do
business with Canada. I remember when our dollar was at par many years
ago. I personally know how the business in Canada slows down when the
dollar gets too high compared to the USA dollar. Its all about keeping
the economy going, keeping the dollars circulating, keeping everyone
employed and keeping food on the table, so a nation doesn't go hungry.

Can anyone explain this one? I still don't understand why this
happened.
http://archives.cbc.ca/IDD-1-75-275/science_technology/avro_arrow/

I spend a lot of time studying patents from the US patent office. It
is a sort of hobby of mine. I take all of these ideas and come to my
own logical conclusions. Many of these ideas really do work. They are
just never promoted to the level that they should. The quasiturbine
engine should be in production right now. It isn't. This latest MYT
engine also looks like it should work. Why aren't these engines
already in mass production? I suspect that I will have to build my own
model of these engines to find out why. These ideas appear to be
solid, its the marketing end that has become stalled.
http://www.quasiturbine.com/ http://www.angellabsllc.com/

You really have to stop and ask yourself why? Why is it that a new
revolutionary idea is most often thought to be a fraud? I take a
completely different approach. I say show me, I want to know more. If
someone has something to say, I want to know more.

rdu...@pdq.net

May 23, 2006, 8:59:11 AM5/23/06

Buy_Sell wrote:
> Most of the population are skeptical of such claims but it is my nature
> to listen to anyone who has a story to tell. I truly believe that the
> modern internal combustion engine is well overdue for an overhaul. It
> really has too many inefficiencies designed into it.
>
> There was another engine designer called Coates and he replaced the
> valve train on engines to remove some of the wasted horsepower. His
> idea works quite well and it can be purchased on the open market. ( He
> is mostly into motorcycle engines.) The funny thing is, that you would
> expect an idea like his to be installed in all modern engines, but it
> isn't. Why not? Is it all about money, royalties or does the world
> not really care about efficiencies? http://www.coatesengine.com/
>
> I've also been watching Moller and his projects for over ten years. It
> is very interesting what Moller is doing. I've watched Burt Rutan as
> long as I can remember. He is an absolutely brilliant engineer and has
> managed to find the resources to see his ideas come to reality. There
> are many of them out there. http://www.moller.com/
> http://www.scaled.com/

Now wait. Putting B. Rutan into the same paragraph as Moller is
unfair. Rutan has been extremely successful in producing numerous
designs that actually fly - setting actual world records along the way.
Moller has had 20 plus years and his one gimmick has not gotten out of
lame tethered flight and probably never will.

> Big business is a completely different animal. They want to make
> money. If big business sees that something is going to interfere with
> the global economy of the world, then big business is not going to
> promote those ideas. You can call it the conspiracy theory but have a
> closer look.

One word; China. Explain why they (or the Japanese or Russians, etc.
) would not jump on something that gave them such an advantage.

Buy_Sell

May 23, 2006, 9:36:12 AM5/23/06
I once knew this lady who made the best tasting cookies. Someone
convinced her to open up a bakery. Everyone agreed that her cookies
were the best that they had ever tasted. For some strange reason, her
business failed.

You can have the best widget in the world. If you don't know how to
sell widgets then you are in deep trouble. My personal belief is that
marketing is 90 percent of a business. Walt Disney figured it out and
so did Bill Gates. Some of the other big names are still struggling to
make it to the top. McDonalds didn't do too bad either. Walmart is
another one on the way up the ladder.

I believe that the reason that the Russians, the Japanese and the
Chinese are not successful in marketing some of these ideas is that
they don't understand how to properly market the product. Americans
understand marketing better than any other country in the world. The
Russians already have some great products but they just don't sell very
well in North America. They don't know how to market the product.

I don't doubt if there is already a cure for cancer. I wonder how many
scientists would lose their jobs if the cure were revealed. Not to
mention the pharmaceutical industry who thrive on selling you another
pill.

rdu...@pdq.net - Tues, May 23 2006 6:59 am

rdu...@pdq.net

May 23, 2006, 11:04:58 AM5/23/06

Buy_Sell wrote:
> I once knew this lady who made the best tasting cookies. Someone
> convinced her to open up a bakery. Everyone agreed that her cookies
> were the best that they had ever tasted. For some strange reason, her
> business failed.
>
> You can have the best widget in the world. If you don't know how to
> sell widgets then you are in deep trouble.

The issue with the skycar is that it has quite small fans, so far at
least. It is no trouble at all to calculate the thrust that such sized
fans can generate for a given amount of power. One can then calculate
the horsepower to weight ratios of available engines. It is a small
step from there to wondering how the thing is supposed to work without
the use of powerplants much better than any I have ever heard of.

My personal belief is that
> marketing is 90 percent of a business. Walt Disney figured it out and
> so did Bill Gates. Some of the other big names are still struggling to
> make it to the top. McDonalds didn't do too bad either. Walmart is
> another one on the way up the ladder.
>
> I believe that the reason that the Russians, the Japanese and the
> Chinese are not successful in marketing some of these ideas is that
> they don't understand how to properly market the product.

The new type engines listed are actually better ideas than most
along those lines. But there is a lot less wrong with conventional
reciprocating designs than most people realize, particularly in regard
to efficiency. Modern diesels are now working right at the edge of what
is theoretically possible for a heat engine. This fact takes away some
of the urgency about re-inventing them. Better power to weight, yeah,
but efficiency, probably not.

Americans
> understand marketing better than any other country in the world. The
> Russians already have some great products but they just don't sell very
> well in North America. They don't know how to market the product.
>
> I don't doubt if there is already a cure for cancer. I wonder how many
> scientists would lose their jobs if the cure were revealed.

On the other hand, lots of scientists and doctors and their families
get cancer and die from it. Losing ones job is an acceptable risk, it
seems to me, in exchange for saving ones own life (plus a Nobel Prize).

Ken Roberts

May 23, 2006, 11:38:45 AM5/23/06
I'm going to stay out of the conspiracy theory discussion if I can help
it.

However, I have to step in with Ralph here and object to the
Moller/Rutan connection as well.

In the same period of time that it took Moller to manage tethered
vertical takeoff, Rutan achieved space flight using techniques which
have never been applied in any actual space program.

I will say that marketing makes or breaks an invention, but the
invention has to actually work. It seems that the ideas accepted by
the majority are almost never the best idea, but rather the one viable
idea which has the best sales and marketing departments.

Bill Gates could never have sold PC-DOS if he couldn't make it work.
That would have been the end. A bunch of people would have bought the
things, and then the word would be out and nobody else would try.

IMHO, any conspiracy theory is small potatoes compared to plain old
marketing something that works.

Dan

May 23, 2006, 3:35:18 PM5/23/06
Another thing to note is that Burt Rutan flew into space using a $25
million gift from Paul Allen.

Moller has raised eight times as much ($200 million!) and hasn't left
ground effect.

I'm quite sure Barry or anyone else with a background in engineering
and hovercrafts/ultralights could have put together a prototype
identical to Moller's for about 4 less digits.

Dan

kach22i

May 31, 2006, 1:04:50 PM5/31/06
RE:
http://www.quasiturbine.com/

Interesting engines, but it's like trying to change the direction of a
super tanker to get these to the people.

Ken Roberts

May 31, 2006, 4:06:17 PM5/31/06

Seems like an awful lot of moving parts.