Questions

[illest-ico]

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
Im tired of using my little studio
[a mic, Stereo, Cd player, tape player, recorder connected to the computer]
The beats that i be making are pretty lame so i used mostly
instrumentals or loops of samples.

So i was thinking of renting some studio time, at this studio in ep tx,
they charge 100 dollars for first hour and 40 dollars after that for each
extra hour.

So my question would be who here in alt.rap has actually used a real studio.
How Much did they charge you, and how long did it take to do at least one
track.

[illestico]

Verbal

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
My advice to you would be to make the beat and practice at home, then once
you have it down goto the studio and bang it out fast, a lot of people think
they can just waltz up in the studio and make a track in a hour, but once
you finally get the flow and chemistry with the beat your gonna wanna go
back and put a double voice, and effects blah blah blah, basically just
practice a lot before you rent out the booth, and what there are charging
you is about right 100 and then it is usually 40 - 60 after that.

[jm-styles]

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
Thanks, for the advice.

Jose

True080979

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
That's about right, I get mine for 60 the first hour and 40 every additional
hour. Like Verbal said, practice a gangload at home. i didn't and it took me
3 hours to make my first track (it included a hook that was sung). A straight
rap track should be cut in two hours. I think most importantly, make sure
you're happy with it and not let the poducer tell you it sounds good. I spent
60 bucks down the tube when the track I did was horrible, but I'd rather grown
from that expirience than take the shitty take .... good luck, and if you're
ever in SA town let me know and perhaps we can collab...

Mr. Bravo

still

[illest-ico]

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
I'll do that, and thanks for the info....

One Love

[illest-ico]

True080979 wrote in message
<19990601182520...@ng-ck1.aol.com>...