Totally Unofficial Rap-Dictionary (Bi-weekly Posting, part 2/2)

Niels Janssen

Dec 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/1/95

I N T E R N E T ' S T O T A L L Y U N O F F I C I A L

R A P D I C T I O N A R Y

Hi,

This is the second part of the bi-weekly posting of the Totally Unofficial
Rap Dictionary to alt.rap. It is extracted from the WWW version accessible
at:

http://www.sci.kun.nl/thalia/rapdict/dict_en.html

This part contains dictionary-related items, like some rap geography,
a who-is-who part and a wishlist for the dictionary.

Please help making this list more complete. If it wasn't for the help of
the UseNet alt.rap community, this list wouldn't be one percent of its
current size. Feel free to use or to contribute to this list. I don't
want anyone (including myself) to use this list for financial gain, though.

GEOGRAPHY
=========
Rappers often mention placenames in their lyrics. If you are not from
around the way, you can train your geography skills here.

Al B Square Mall
Albee Square Mall in Brooklyn - Bizmarkie

A-Town
Atlanta

Bay Plaza
Movie theatre in the Bronx - Nice and Smooth.

Bed Stuy
Bedford Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn. Also called The Stuy.

The Boogie Bang
The Bronx. King Sun mentions it in one of his EPs.

Bronx
New York City borough. Origin of Boogie Down Productions. "My
posse from the Bronx is hip" -- Boogie Down Productions (My
philosophy).

Brooklyn
New York City borough. "No sleep till Brooklyn!" --
Beastie Boys (No sleep till Brooklyn [1987]).

B-Town
Berkeley, California.

Bucktown
A neighborhood better known as the Brownsville section of Brooklyn
used by Smif & Wesson and Black Moon.

C-Town
Cleveland, Ohio.

Chilltown
Jersey City, Double XX Posse.

ChiTown
Chicago.

Compton
Los Angeles borough. This is where the gangsta style was born.

CPT
Phonebook abbreviation for Compton.

Crenshaw
Los Angeles street.

Crooklyn
See Brooklyn.

D-Town, The D
Detroit, with its own sound, D-Funk.

Farmers Boulevard
Street in the New York City borough of Queens. Home of L.L. Cool J.
"Farmers Boulevard, that's where the crib's at, that's where me
and E. hang out." -- L.L. Cool J. (???)

Felt Forum
New York boxing arena, many prominent New York City boxers
have boxed there.

Fillmore
San Francisco district.

Forty Deuce
42nd street, Manhattan, the Times Square area.

Frisco
San Francisco. Home of JT the bigga figga.

H-Town
Houston.

HP
Hunter's Point, a San Francisco district.

Illtown
East-orange, NJ. Home of Naughty By Nature, Queen Latifah, Fugees.

LA
Los Angeles. In particular the phrase "LA 1992" indicates
the riots that broke out after the Rodney King trial.

Laketown
Salt Lake City, Utah.

Land of the Heartless
Cleveland, Ohio.

LBC
Phonebook abbreviation for Long Beach, California. Home of 21 & Lewis.
"With so much drama in the LBC" -- Snoop Doggy Dogg (Gin and
Juice).

Medina
Second most holy city of Islam; Nickname for Brooklyn.

Moneyearnin' Mount Vernon
Shabazz, 4th ave, 3rd street. One of the worst corners in
Mount Vernon - hood hang out, dealers, addicts and Shabazz-
Betty Shabazz ownes a very small fast food place. Heavy D.,
Pete Rock and CL Smooth - 77 hillside straight up columbus hill
make a left in Mount Vernon.

Newark
Brick City. Home of RedMan, LUTOG, Artifacts, Channel Live,
T-neck, Das Efx.

Now Rule
New Rochelle NY, a suburb of NYC, borders Mount Vernon.
Origin of Grand Puba and Brand Nubian.

Oaktown, the big O, the O
Oakland, California. The Westside O and the Eastside O stand for
West and East Oakland. Home of Too $hort and Luniz.

Osdorp
Amsterdam (the Netherlands) hood where the foundations of the Dutch
underground, hardcore hiphop scene were laid. Rap artists such as
Jason, West Klan and first and foremost The Osdorp Posse are from
that part of Amsterdam.

O-Town
Orlando.

PA, PAT
Port Arthur, Texas. Referred to throughout UGK and Point Blank albums.

Poly Apartments
An apartment project at the east side of Long Beach. Was home for
artists like the Twinz and Warren G: "Poly Apartments for tha niggaz
that ain't from the LB" -- The Twinz (Good Times [1995]).

P-Town
Paterson.

Philly
Philadelphia. Home of Schoolly D., Da Youngstas and the Fresh Prince.

Queens
New York City borough. RUN-DMC are often referred to as the Kings
from Queens.

Queensbridge
New York City borough. Home of Nas and Mobb Deep.

Seatown
Seattle.

Slauson
Los Angeles street. "The sun went down when I hit Slauson"
-- Dr. Dre (The Chronic [??]).

Sucka Free
San Francisco.

The Shao-Lin
Staten Island.

Strong island
Long island.

South Central
Los Angeles area. A very important place for gangsta rap.
Origin of a lot of rappers.

Trenton
Home of the old schoolrappers, PRT.

Uptown
The word uptown originated in the New York city train stations.
As you leave downtown Manhattan the trains direct you to Uptown.
Uptown includes Harlem, the Upper West side of Manhattan, and the
Bronx.

Union Square
(1) Area in New York City around 14th street and Broadway.
Origin of Kid n Play.
(2) A hip-hop club from the late 1980's in the above
area. (The name of this routine is called live
at Union Square. - KRS One)

VIP Records
Famous Long Beach record store where a lot of current stars first sold
their demo tapes. Snoop was standing on it in his "Who am I?"
video. "Let's journey to the VIP for the latest hits" --
Domino (Long Beach Thang [1993]).

V-Town
Vallejo, California. Home of E-40.

Whitestone
Movie theatre in the Bronx - Diamond D.

White castle
Hamburger chain; open crazy late, some fine hoods there.
They at least have it in New York, Chicago and Detroit.
"We went to White castle and we got thrown out -- Beastie Boys
(Brass Monkey [1986]))

NAMES
=====
"My name is Chris Parker, KRS-One for short" -- KRS-One. Not everyone is
so clear about his or her real name. Here is a list of names we could get
our hands on.

2Pac
Tupac Amaru Shakur

2Scoop
Gary Brown (DoveShack)

-- A --
A.G.
Andre Barnes

Ahmad
Ahmad A. Lewis

AJ Shine
Joseph Simmons (The Roots)

Ali Dee
Ali Theodore

AMG
Jason Lewis

Ant Banks
Anthony Banks

A-Plus
Adam Carter (Heiroglyphics)

Arabian Prince
Mik Lezan

Asia Born
Thomas Shimura

ATCQ
A Tribe Called Quest

A-T-L
Above the Law

-- B --
Bahamadia
A. Reed

BDP
Boogie Down Productions

Benyad
Benjamin Mor (Blood of Abraham)

Big Daddy Kane
Antonio Hardy

Biggie Smalls
See Notorious B.I.G.

Big L
L. Coleman

Big Noyd
T. Perry

Big Scoob
Johnnie Jackson

Biz Markie
Marcel Hall

Black Thought
Tariq Trotter (The Roots)

B-Legit
B. Jones (The Click), he's the cousin of E-40, Suga T and
D-Shot.

Bobby Konders
Robert Livingston

Bokie Loc
Andrew Edwards

Bootie Brown
Romye Robinson (Pharcyde)

Boots
R. Riley (The Coup)

Boroc
Mark Makonie (DoveShack)

Bosco Money
Keith Carabello

Boss
Lichelle Laws

Bounty Killer
R. Pryce

B-Real
Louis Freeze (Cypress Hill)

Breeze
Morgan Rodriguez

Brother ? "[Brother Question]"
Ahmir Thompson (The Roots)

Brother J
Jason Hunter (X-Clan)

Brother Marquis
Mark Ross

Buckshot Shorty
Kenyatta Blake

Buckwild
Anthony Best

Bushwick
Richard Steven Shaw (Geto Boys)

Bustop
Ronald Watkin (Operation From The Bottom)

Butta
Ishmael Butler (Digable Planets)

-- C --
Capleton
C. Bailey

Casanova Rud
Erik Rudnicki

Casual
John Owens (Hieroglyphics)

Ced Gee
Cedric Miller (Ultramagnetic MC's)

Celly Cel
M. McCarver (Sick Wid It Records)

Cheeze Dogg
Milton Cheek (Dogg Pound Posse)

Chill
Vernon Johnson (Eihthype Crew)

Chilli
Rozonda Thomas (TLC)

Chilly Dogg
Cheeko Wells (Dogg Pound Posse)

Chip Fu
Roderick Roachford

Chubb Rock
Richard Simpson

Chuck D
Carlton Ridenhour (Public Enemy)

Chuck Nice
Walter Griggs (Three Times Dope)

C-Knight
A. Blount (DoveShack)

C-Knowledge
Craig Irving (Digable Planets)

Cli-N-Tel
M. Hawkins (World Class Wreckin' Crew)

CL Smooth
Corey Penn

Common
Rashied Lynn (no longer known as Common Sense, due to a lawsuit)

Cool C
Chris Coney

Coolio
Art Ivey

Count Bass-D
Dwight Farrell

Cowboy
Keith Wiggings

Craig G
Craig Curry

Cut Creator
Jack Philpot (LL Cool J's DJ)

-- D --
Da Brat
Shawntae Harris

Daddy Freddy
S. Small

Daddy-O
G. Bolton

Da Grinch
Clayton D. Arnold

Dangerous Dame
Damon Williams

Danny Boy
Daniel O'Connor (House of Pain)

Dat Nigga Daz
Des Arnaud (Dogg Pound producer).

Davy D.
David Reeves

Daze
Tyree Lopes

De'1
Martin Crawford

Del tha Funky Homosapien
Teren Delvon Jones, founding member of the Heiroglyphics.

Derek B.
Derek Boland

Diamond
Joe Kirkland

Diamond X
Dyonna Lewis (Silk Tymes Leather)

DJ Akshun Luv
R. Williams

DJ Daddy
Richard Lawson

DJ Eddie F.
Edward Ferrell

DJ Fuze
David Elliot

DJ Jazzy Jeff
Jeffrey Townes

DJ Lethal
Leor DiMant (House of Pain)

DJ Magic Mike
Michael Hampton

DJ Muggs
Larry Muggerud (Cypress Hill)

DJ Premier
Chris Martin (Gang Starr)

DJ Quik
David Blake

DJ Scratch
George Spivey (EPMD)

DJ Shadow
J. Davis

DJ Slip
Terry K. Allen (Compton's Most Wanted)

DJ Woody Wood
Duerward Beale (Three Times Dope)

DJ Yella
Antoine Carraby

DMC
Darryl McDaniels (Run-DMC)

D-Nasty
Daryl W. Monroe (The UBC)

D-Nice
Derrick Jones

The D.O.C.
Trey Curry

Doitall
Dupre Kelly (Lords of the Underground)

Domino
Darren Siguenza (Hiero One)

Domino
S. Ivy (Outburst Records)

Donald D.
Donald Lamont

Doo-Wop
R. Gonzalez

Dove
Dave Jolicoeur (De La Soul)

Dr. Ace
Charles Trahan (Young & Restless)

Dr. Dre
Andre Young. (N.W.A.) Dre is Warren G's half-brother, they share the
same mother.

Dr. Dre
Andre Brown (Yo MTV Raps)

Drayz
A. Weston

Dres
Andres Titus

D-Shot
D. Stevens (The Click), brother of E-40 and Suga T, cousin of B-Legit
and Mac Mall.

D-Square
Dwayne Sumal (Boogie Down Productions)

-- E --
E-40
Earl Stevens (The Click), brother of D-Shot and Suga T, cousin of
B-Legit and Mac Mall.

Eazy E.
Eric Wright (N.W.A.)

Ecstacy
John Fletcher (Whodini)

E Devious
Marco Ennis (Almighty RSO)

Ed Lover
James Roberts

EPMD
Eric and Parish Makin' Dollars

Eric B.
Louis Eric Barrier

Eskispectacular
Ian P. Richmond (The UBC)

Est
Robert Waller

Everlast
Eric Schrody (House of Pain)

Extra P.
William Paul Mitchell

-- F --
Fab Five Freddy
Fred Braithwaite

Fashion
Berntony Smalls (The Beatnuts)

Fatal
J. Burgos

Fat Joe
Joseph Cartagena

Fatlip
Derek Stewart (Pharcyde)

Fila Fresh Crew
Old school West coast group: Fresh K, Dr. Rock and The D.O.C.
The group was featured in the 1986 compilation "NWA and The Posse".

Flavor Flav
William Drayton (Public Enemy)

Fliptop
Kevin White (Operation From The Bustop)

Frankie Cutlass
Francis Michael Parker

Freedom
Frederick B. Williams (C+C Music Factory)

Fresh Kid Ice
Chris Wongwon

The Fresh Prince
Will Smith. Actor in TV-series "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air".

Funkmaster Flex
A. Taylor

-- G --
Gangsta D
D. Barnett (SecondIINone)

Genius/GZA
Gary Grice (Wu-Tang Clan)

Ghostface Killer
Dennis Coles (Wu-Tang Clan)

Gift Of Gab
T. Parker (Blackalicious)

Goldy
Mhisani Miller (Dangerous Crew)

Grandmaster Dee
Drew Carter (Whodini)

Grandmaster Flash
Joseph Sadler

Grandmaster Lonze
Alonzo Williams (World Class Wreckin' Crew)

Grand Puba
Maxwell Dixon

Greg Nice
Greg Mays

Guru
Keith Elam (Gang Starr), went earlier by the name of Keithy E.

G-Whiz
Glen Parrish (Heavy D & The Boyz)

-- H --
Half A Mill
Jasun Ward

Hammer
See MC Hammer

Harmony
Pamela Scott

Heather B
Heather B. Gardner

Heavy D.
Dwight Myers

Hitman Howie Tee
Howard Thompson

HOP
House of Pain

Humpty Hump
Edward Humphrey III

Humpty Hump
Greg Jacobs (Humpty=Shock)

Hurby Luv Bug
Hurby Azor

-- I --
Ice Cube
O'Shea Jackson

Ice-T
Tracy Marrow

Icey Jaye
Jay McGowan

Imani
Emandu Wilcox (Pharcyde)

Inspecta Deck
Jason Hunter (Wu-Tang Clan)

Izzy-Ice
I. Francois (Da King & I)

-- J --
Jah Skilz
Jalali Carthorn (Five Footer Crew, G-Funk Era)

Jalil
Jalil Hutchins (Whodini)

Jam Master Jay
Jason Mizell (Run-DMC)

Jayo Felony
J. Savage

Jeru the Damaja
Kendrick Jeru Davis

Johnny P.
Orville Morgan

J-Sw!ft
J. Martinez

Juju
Jerry Tineo (The Beatnuts)

J.Z.
Shawn Carter

-- K --
Kam
Craig A. Miller

Kaos
Mark Freitas

Kaution
Malik Wilson

Kay Gee
Kier Gist (Naughty by Nature)

KC Flightt
F. Toson Jr.

K-Cut
Kevin McKenzie (Main Source)

K-Def
Kevin Hansford

Keithy E
See Guru.

Kid
Christopher Reid (Kid 'N Play)

Kid Capri
D. Love

Kid Frost
Arturo Mollina Jr.

Killa
Keila Stewart

King Ad-Rock
Adam Horovitz (Beastie Boys)

King Tee
Roger McBride

KK
K. McDonald (SecondIINone)

Kool G Rap
Nathaniel Wilson

Kool Keith
Keith Thornton (Ultramagnetic MC's)

Kool Moe Dee
Mohandes DeWeese

Krazy Drayz
Andre Weston (Das)

KRS One
Lawrence Krisna Parker. Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone.

K-Solo
Kevin Madison

Kurious
Jorge Alvarez

Kurrupt
Ricardo Brown (Dogg Pound)

Kwame
Kwame Holland (A new beginning)

-- L --
L.A. Jay
John Barnes III

Laquan
Kenneth Green

Lateef The Dread Piper
L. Daumont (Blackalicious)

Leather
Jocelyn Rabon (Silk Tymes Leather)

Left Eye
Lisa Lopes (TLC)

The Lench Mob
The Lench Mob consists of Ice Cube, Sir Jinx, T-Bone J-Dee Shorty
Threi, Big Tom, Wess, Zulu Ed, Heavy, K-Dee, Kam, Chilly Chill, Yo-Yo,
Taz and Big Cal (source: Death Certificate insert).

Leviti
L. King (The guy that did "One Luv" with E-40)

Lil Dap
James Heath (Group Home)

Lil1/2Dead
Mr. Carpenter

Little Daddy Shane
Clayton Hardy

L.L. Cool J
James Todd Smith

Lord Finesse
R. Hall

Lord Jammar
L. Dechalus (Brand Nubian)

Lord Jazz
Bruce Colston (Lords of the Underground)

LOTUG
Lords of the Underground

Louie Rankin
Leonard Ford

Low MB
Sammie Williams (Operation From The Bustop)

LSD
Lord Spencer Nobles

Luke Skyywalker
Luther Campbell (2 Live Crew)

-- M --
Mack-10
D. Rolison

Mac Mall
J. Rocker (Sick Wid It Records), cousin of E-40, D-Shot and Suga T.

Mad CJ Mack
B. Ross

Madkap
Damon Cole

Maestro Fresh Wes
Wesley Williams

Majesty
R. Wiggins (Da King & I)

Malik B
Malik Abdul Basit-Smart (The Roots)

Marly Marl
Marlon Williams

Mase
Vincent L. Mason Jr. (De La Soul)

Masta Killah
Jamal Turner (Wu-Tang Clan)

Master Ace
Duval Clear

Mazik
D. Saevitz (Blood of Abraham)

MC ADE
Adrian Hines

MC Breed
Eric Breed

MC Eiht
Aaron Tyler. MC Eiht doesn't get along quite well with DJ Quik:
"A tramp named David, DJ Quik in a Khaki Bikini" (Def Wish III).

MC Hammer
Stanley Kirk Burrell

MC Lyte
Lana Moorer

MC Pooh
Lawrence Thomas

MC Ren
Lorenzo Patterson (N.W.A.)

MC Serch
Michael Berrin (3rd Bass)

MC Shan
Shawn Moltke

MC Solaar
Claude Barali. Claude is the brother of Soon E MC.

MC Thick
Stewart Harris

MCA
Adam Yauch (Beastie Boys)

Mecca
Mary Ann Vierra (Digable Planets)

Melachi The Nutcracker
J. Felder (Group Home)

Melle Mel
Melvin Glover

Method Man
Clifford Smith

Michel'le
Michel'le Young, she's Dr. Dre's wife.

Michie Mee
Michelle McCullock

Mike Air
Michael G. Dolvin (The UBC)

Mista Grimm
Rojai Trawick

Mista Lawnge
William McLean

Mix Master Muggs
See DJ Muggs

Mike D.
Michael Diamond (Beastie Boys)

Moc Fu
J. Jones

Moe Love
Maurice Smith (Ultramagnetic MC's)

Money B
Ron Brooks

Monie Love
Simone Johnson

Mr. Funkyman
Al'Terik Wardrick (Lords of the Underground)

Mr. Mixx
David Hobbs

Ms. Melodie
Ramona Parker (Boogie Down Productions)

-- N --
Nas
Nasir Jones

Nate Dogg
Nathan Broadus

Neb Luv
Danielle Hollis (Five Footer Crew, G-Funk Era)

Nine Double M
D. Keyes

NME
Brandon Davis

Notorious B.I.G.
Christopher Wallace

N.W.A.
Niggaz With Attitude

-- O --
Ol' Dirty Bastard
Russell Jones

O.C.
Omar Credle

-- P --
Papa D
Peter Blom

Payday
Travis Kingdom

P-Dog
See Paris

Paris
Oscar Jackson Jr.

PE
Public Enemy

Pepa
Sandra Denton (Salt-N-Pepa)

Pete Nice
Peter J. Nash

Pete Rock
Peter Phillips

the Peterman
Original name of Rapper Big Mike, solo artist formerly with the
Convicts and Geto Boys. "Smoke 'em & choke 'em like the motherfuckin'
Peterman" -- Snoop Doggy Dog on Dr. Dre's Chronic album (??? [??])

Phesto
D. Thompson (Souls Of Mischief)

Phife
Malik Taylor (A Tribe Called Quest)

Play
Christopher Martin (Kid 'N Play)

PMD
Parrish J. Smith

Poc Fu
L. Maturine

Pooh-Man
See MC Pooh.

Posdnuos
Kelvin Mercer (De La Soul)

Primo
Carlton Martin

Prince P.
Leonerist Johnson (Young & Restless)

Prince Paul
Paul Huston

Prince Rakeem the RZA
Robert Diggs (Wu-Tang Clan)

Professor Griff
Richard Griffin (Public Enemy)

Professor X
Lumumba Robert Carson

Psycho Les
Lester Fernandez (The Beatnuts)

Puba
See Grand Puba.

Pudgee Tha Phat Bastard
T. Horton

-- Q --
QDIII
Quincy Jones III

Q-Tip
Jonathan Davis (A Tribe called Quest)

Queen Latifah
Dana Owens

-- R --
Raekwon The Chef
Corey Woods (Wu-Tang Clan)

Rahiem
Guy Todd Williams

Rakim
William Griffin

Rappin' 4-tay
Anthony Forte'

Ray Boogie
Ray Ramos (Evil Twins)

Ray Dogg
Raymond Scott (Almighty RSO)

Rayvon
Bruce A.M. Brewster

Red Fox
Gareth Shelton

Redhead Kingpin
David Guppy

Red Hot Lover Tone
Samuel Barnes

Redman
Reggie Noble

Rhythm D
David Weldon (Ruthless Records main producer)

Richie Rich
See DJ Daddy

Richie Rich
Richard Serrell

Rob Base
Rob Ginyard

Rob-O
Robert Odindo

Run
Joseph Simmons (Run-DMC). Run's brother, Russel Simmons is the founder
of Def Jam records among other things.

-- S --
Saafir
R. Gibson

Sadat X
D. Murphy (Brand Nubian)

Salt
Cheryl James (Salt-N-Pepa)

Sam Sever
Sam Citrin

Sauce
Todd Gaither

Scarface
Brad Jordan

Schoolly D
J.B. Weaver Jr.

Sen Dog
Senen Reyes (Cypress Hill)

Shabba Ranks
C. Dillon

Shah
Ali Shaheed Muhammad (A Tribe Called Quest)

Shinehead
E.C. Aiken Jr.

Shock G/Shockalock
Greg Jacobs

Shorty No Mas
Terresa Thompson

Showbiz
Rodney Lemay

Shyheim the Rugged Child
Shyheim Franklin

Silk
Vickie Jordan (Silk Tymes Leather)

Sir Scratch
Shawn McKenzie (Main Source)

Skoob
Willie Hines (Das)

Slick Rick
Ricky Walters

Slim Kid 3
Trevant Hardson (Pharcyde)

Smooth
Juanita Stokes

Smooth Bee
D. Barnes (Nice & Smooth)

Snoop Doggy Dogg
Calvin Broadus

Snow
Darrin O'Brien

Snupe
Duane Lee (Hieroglyphics)

Son Doobie
J. Vasquez (Funkdoobiest)

Son Of Bazerk
T. Allen

Spice 1
Robert Green Jr.

Spinderella
Deedee Roper (Salt-N-Pepa)

Special Ed
Edward Archer

Spoonie Gee
Gabriel Jackson

Steady B.
Warren McGlone

Studio Ton
Ton Whiteman (Sick Wid It's producer)

Suga T
T. Stevens (The Click), sister of E-40 and D-Shot, cousin of B-Legit
and Mac Mall.

Super Cat
William Maragh

Super Lover C
Calente Fredericks

Super Rhymes
Jimmy Spicer

-- T --
Tajai
Tajai Massey (Hieroglyphics)

T-Boz
Tionne Watkins (TLC)

Terminator X
Norman Rogers (Public Enemy)

T-Green
Tony Green (DeathRow's bass player)

Thug Life
2-Pac's group: Syke, Macadoshish, Mopreme, The Rated R.

Tim Dog
Timothy Blair

Tone Loc
Anthony Smith

Tony D
Tony Dofat

Tony Rhome
Anthony Johnson (Almighty RSO)

Too $hort
Todd Shaw

Top Quality
T. Robinson

Tragedy, The Intelligent Hoodlum
Percy Chapman

Treach
Anthony Criss (Naughty by Nature)

Triple X
Tomie James

Tripploc
Deion Williams (Tha Twinz)

TR Love
Trevor Randolph (Ultramagnetic MC's)

Trouble T-Roy
Troy Dickson (Heavy D & The Boyz)

Trugoy
See Dove

Turbo B.
Benito Benites (Snap)

-- U --
U God
Lamont Harris (Wu-Tang Clan)

Uncle L
See L.L. Cool J

-- V --
Vanilla Ice
Robert van Winkle

Vinny
Vinny Brown (Naughty by Nature)

-- W --
Warren G.
Warren Griffin. Warren is Dr. Dre's half-brother, they have the
same mother.

Wayniac
DeWayne Williams (Tha Twinz)

Willy D.
William Broady (Boogie Down Productions)

-- Y --
Ynot
Toni Craig

Yomo
Y. Smith

Young MC
Marvin Young

YoYo
Yolanda Whitaker

-- Z --
Zev Love X
D. Dumile (KMD)

Zone-TDK
M. Pickett (The Next School)

WISHLIST
========
Below is a list of things that we are still too insecure about to enter
them in the Dictionary. If you know more than us, or if you have something
to add to this wishlist, let us know!

DSL
"Don't this bitch got some DSL, make the nigga's joint swell
just to think..." -- The Roots (Do you want more? [??]).

Years!
For some of the quoted lyrics we have managed to come up with the
year of release of the album. If you recognize a quote and have
the album, be a dear and let us know...

Names!
We want to know as many names of as many rap artists as possible.
Also which group contained which people, background on people,
stuff like that. Heck, even gossip will do! Currently we're looking
for:
Crazy Tunes, Coolio's DJ
R-Beesh from Potna
Soon E MC
D-Shot from The Click
Prince Po(etry) from Organized Konfusion
Pharoahe Monch from Organized Konfusion
The Hailey's brothers: K-Ci and JoJo from Jodeci
Mr. Dalvin from Jodeci
Devante Swing from Jodeci
Pee Wee
Father Dom
Rappin' Ron
Ant Diddley Dog

Or perhaps you know the first names of these:

Bahamadia (A. Reed)
Big L (L. Coleman)
Big Noyd (T. Perry)
B-Legit (Mr. Stevens)
Bounty Killer (R. Pryce)
Capleton (C. Bailey)
C-Knight (A. Blount (DoveShack))
Daddy Freddy (S. Small)
Daddy-O (G. Bolton)
DJ Akshun Luv (R. Williams)
DJ Shadow (J. Davis)
Doo-Wop (R. Gonzalez)
Fatal (J. Burgos)
Funkmaster Flex (A. Taylor)
Gangste D (D. Barnett (SecondIINone))
Gift Of Gab (T. Parker (Blackalicious))
Izzy-Ice (I. Francois (Da King & I))
Jah Skilz (J. Carthorn)
Jayo Felony (J. Savage)
J-Sw!ft (J. Martinez)
KC Flightt (F. Toson Jr.)
Kid Capri (D. Love)
KK (K. McDonald (SecondIINone)
Lateef The Dread Piper (L. Daumont (Blackalicious))
Lord Finesse (R. Hall)
Mad CJ Mack (B. Ross)
Majesty (R. Wiggins (Da King & I))
Melachi The Nutcracker (J. Felder (Group Home))
Moc Fu (J. Jones)
Nine Double M (D. Keyes)
Phesto (D. Thompson (Souls Of Mischief))
Poc Fu (L. Maturine)
Pudgee Tha Phat Bastard (T. Horton)
Saafir (R. Gibson)
Schoolly D (J.B. Weaver Jr.)
Shabba Ranks (C. Dillon)
Shinehead (E.C. Aiken Jr.)
Smooth Bee (D. Barnes (Nice & Smooth))
Son Doobie (J. Vasquez (Funkdoobiest))
Son Of Bazerk (T. Allen)
Suga T (Ms. Stevens (The Click))
Top Quality (T. Robinson)
Zev Love X (D. Dumile (KMD))
Zone-TDK (M. Pickett (The Next School))

Photo's!
We'd love to have photo's of artists next to their name in the
names list. If you have some lying around, give 'em a scan, and
mail them to us.

email : nie...@sci.kun.nl