Old School? And C.O.R.E. in 2 weeks

juon...@bvc.edu

Feb 7, 1993, 4:55:37 PM2/7/93
Last night I had a bass war with my homeyboy Marco (he won)... the interesting
thing about this is he brought out an old school cut. COnversation goes like
this

'Check it out man, it's got some good bass...'
(Me) 'Who is it? GrandMaster Flash and the Furious Five?'
'No, older than that'
(Me) 'GrandMaster Melle Mel? The FUnky FOur? WHo?'

I think he said the group was called Nebulous, or something like that. It
starts out with like a rainstorm in the background, then this FONKAY guitar
loops comes in. I was just wondering if anybody knows about this group.

BTW my homeboy Sam is right about Brand Nubian. Anybody who sleeps on this
album is a sucker (and if you don't have 'All For One' get it too).

Coming in two weeks... HARDC.O.R.E. Volume two... featuring

Review of Brand Nubian - In God We Trust
Review of Trespass - Soundtrack
Review of Trespass - Movie
Article on A Tribe Called Quest
Lyrics from Dr. Dre - The Chronic

...and more! So check it out ch'all, it's gonna be a sensory overload

Also, on the James Brown tipism, just wondering why that muthaphucker Elvis is
onna stamp and tha TRUE king is not. Also a George Clinton stamp... a Bootsy
Collins stamp... a JB's stamp...

Love peace and chicken grease, I'm out like a bad remix (of Punks Jump Up...)
And BTW, PEace (and Allah U Akbar)

David J.

Feb 8, 1993, 3:46:30 PM2/8/93
In article <1993Feb7.155537.3415@peanut> juon...@bvc.edu writes:
>Also, on the James Brown tipism, just wondering why that muthaphucker Elvis is
>onna stamp and tha TRUE king is not. Also a George Clinton stamp... a Bootsy
>Collins stamp... a JB's stamp...

Actually, it's because Elvis is dead. People who are still alive can't
have stamps. I'm sure James Brown will get one, though.

>Love peace and chicken grease,

Hey! Quit bitin' my lines!

--
David J.(dwa...@silver.ucs.indiana.edu)*********Blue Riddle Productions 1993